Tara Strong Does A Horrible Job As Harley Quinn!!!

Title says it all. It's like she's doing some cheap imitation of Arleen Sorkin's original Harley voice and failing badly.

She just ends up sounding annoying and not at all charming like Arleen Sorkin in Batman TAS

They need to ban her from voicing Harley in the future.

Well even though I agree 100% the real Harley can no longer do the voice due to age/smoking damage. So sadly imitations are all we are afforded.

That voice combined with that face bugs me for some reason.

Tara Strong is an overrated VA that has no range. Most of her characters have her own speaking voice. She can occasionally do a kid's voice but that's it.

Tara Strong is the closest match they can find for now. Depending on how well Melissa Rauch is received, WB might consider getting her on a more permanent basis instead.

It's not like she's a horrible VA (and trust me, I've heard worst) but damn, she's a terrible choice for Harley.

Harley was always shit, but Tara makes her even more annoying.

I kind of preferred Hynden Walch as Harley.

She sounds like Bubbles from PPG imitating Harley Quinn.

Because that's exactly what she is.

She was Harley in The Batman, right?

Yep. And she did Harley in Batman Assault on Arkham too.

Nailed it. Not to mention that sticking such a cartoony voice with art design for these characters that just directly copies Suicide Squad and the WB shows is fucking painful to watch.

Only thing worse is her new costume/look

Why is she in fucking everywhere? Is it because she's a Jew?

oy vey!

Tara Strong pretty much only has two voices that she uses for everything: the "adult voice", which she uses for Batgirl/Raven/Ashi, and the "child voice", which she uses for Timmy/Bubbles/Omi/Ben 10/Twilight. I'm not quite sure where her Harley fits into this though.

What happened to the whole VA strike? Wasnt she bitching about it?

OwO what's this?
At least bother to change the text so it doesn't show up in a search engine.
The spacing tipped me off to search.

She took over as Batgirl in TNBA.

TAS Batgirl sounded her age- a young adult in college.

TNBA sounded like she was barely 14 and made her college age sound unbelievable, plus the flirting with Bruce thing was even creepeir because of it.

And I think most of us will agree that Bruce Timm's idiotic shipping of Batman and Batgirl was dumb back then, and the sex scene tacked onto Killing Joke was even dumber.

The voice fell flat, Tara's losing her touch.

The child voice, but she's trying to make it sound edgy.

She's a C-List voice actor that somehow got A-List status, she has a total of 3 voices

Did I get it right?

Aren't you guys forgetting ASIAN?

Woman (Her normal voice)

Tired woman (Raven)

Squeaky Child

Is it me or the render of Harley Quinn in Injustice 2 looks like Drew Barrymore?

Harley Quinn is a shit character. Instead of banning a certain voice actress from doing Quinn's voice Harley should be banned. Dumb broad is annoying makes me want to punch her in the ovaries.

Her Asian is just her kid voice with a different inflection.

The 3D model looks like that blonde girl from RoosterTeeth.

So was his shipping of Harley and Ivy, but that's canon and never going away.
Please make it go away.

You mean Geoff Ramsay's wife?

I remember there was some vocaroo where this British guy who happens to do voicework explaining why Tara Strong's Harley Quinn is shit. I don't know if it still exists.

None of the change between cheerleader, valley girl and Bronx inflections at will?

None of the vocal range and able to switch from cheerful to sad to confused to mega mad?

Trying to sound sexy instead of insane?

I could go on

No, Barbara

the old clown outfit Harley was better

It's more than just the outfit. Within cape comics, there's a lot of room for variation in tone and style. If there's one thing that the people working with western comic properties never seem to learn, it's that certain characters and aesthetics just don't mesh together well. Wacky jester Harley works fine in a more "cartoony" interpretation of Batman like TAS, but doesn't fit well in the more dark and gritty or """"realistic"""" settings.

Since Harley is a popular character (for reasons that continue to elude me), DC feels the need to shove her into everything, regardless of whether it makes sense. in order to make her fit in dark and gritty, "serious" settings, they have to remove/heavily alter what originally made her character distinct, and thus we ended up with all these shitty, interchangeable Harleys in the Arkham games, Injustice, Suicide Squad, etc.

Why is this even done anons? Make more sense if she ended up a villain to a C-tier hero. Like, how many years does she even have in combat compared to Joker? Where did she learn to fucking do anything?>>862157

retcon with expert gymnast and a slew of physical skills she doesn't have time to achieve while studying for a psych degree.

Yeah, her being a good fighter never made much sense to me.

DC writers can't even keep it consistent, sometimes she can take on Batman and give him a good fight, other times Robin can KO her in two moves or less.

Also, it continues to piss me off that Harley has somehow achieved A-List status despite being basically nothing without Joker, while characters like Dr. Phosphorus and Maxie Zeus languish in obscurity.

Tara only has three voices.

Her normal voice

Ben 10

Timmy Turner

Hard to believe this woman is considered the go to talent for voice acting.

Yeah I actually think she is.

Aren't Ben 10 and Timmy Turner exactly the same voice?

Ben's is noticeably deeper and throatier.

They should get Cyndi Lauper to do it.

Batman Beyond season 4 please.

WHY THOUGH

A family member is trying to tell me Suicide squads raked in good profits. I thought that shit bombed?

Suicide Squad*

It seems to have done well enough.

Well shit. Normalfags are a cancer that will eat anything I guess.

Suicide Squad was fuckin shit goddamn, how do people like this version of her, she's like a aging hot topic chick who should be settling down but didn't get the memo

that's real neato, cool design

Yeah, she's pretty grating

Hynden Walch is best Harley

sex sells.

probably because it's a realistic woman's face, not some cartoony character, so the cutesy cartoon voice is really obnoxious

I was talking with a friend about this the other day.
Suicide Squad was a terrible movie, but they picked a great actress, both in looks and what she tried to do (before being forced to tone it down) with Margot Robbie as Harley. They really should just model her face after Margot's and hire her as a voice actress. With good direction and her being allowed to do the accent, it'd be far better than Tara Strong's Harley.

I did like her, tbh.
She was trashy Harley yeah, but in a good way

wait you mean Hynden Walch no longer voices Starfire on Teen Titans Go! or the fact that Kari Wahlgren voices Starfire for those Teen Titan movies.

agreed.

Thanks man. It's weird how they have this uncanny valley effect for the characters in general for that game. It's so realistic yet its so weird. God that version of Harley is so cute.

I wish they would show her in her original costume. They showed it in that one part with her dancing with the Joker and she looked good in it. Why not use it for the rest of the movie.

Probably because Jared Joker doesn't have enough presence. He also has had next to no dialogue with Batman, and I think people generally prefer Harley making her own road when the main man isn't doing it for them. Injustice and Movie Harleys have been kind of tolerable though, compared to New 52 Harley who bangs Deadshot and falls out with Faceless Joker.

I've been playing Injustice 2 recently and I can't stand Strong's Harley voice in this game, it's way more high pitched than normal and she keeps slipping into her Bubbles voice at random points, she makes her sound like she's retarded.

Such a shame too, because the rest of the cast is really great (shitty writing aside) it's just Strong that kinda drags the thing down. She also had the gull to take place in that shitty video game VA strike and demand more money.

Fuck her.

Get out.

Hottest thing I've seen today, holy fuck.

Here is the source BTW

Listen, user. Do you remember back when the cast of Suicide Squad was announced? Before we even saw Leto's Joker?
Everyone liked the idea of Margot Robbie as Harley. We actually had moderately high hopes for the movie at one point, up until Leto's Joker was shown in a promo picture (that the PR department quickly insisted wasn't the real Joker outfit, which was a goddamn lie).
Take a look at embed related, user. I'm not talking about the cringey dialogue. Listen to that voice. Do you really think you can say that she wouldn't be leagues better of a Harley VA than Tara?

So what is the actual reason, she made it this big in the industry? Is she literally whoring herself out to producers (wouldn't surprise me tbh), does she have some (((connections))) or maybe both? Because, quite frankly, her voice and acting skills are nothing special whatsoever, in fact, it's getting worse and worse lately, and I just don't understand how she keeps getting hired over other more talented actors again and again.

I'll give you one clue…

She sounds pretty decent. With better writing I think she could work.

She started doing voice over work when she was 13.

Those demanding psych degrees, am I right? Only get 6 hours of sleep per night and can't have a social life, when you're doing a psych degree. Need at least a 130 IQ, when you're doing a psych degree.

I dunno who voices Dick but afaik the only Titan's cartoon actor who's coming back is Khary.

As far as Kori's concerned, it's hard for me to imagine her cartoon voice coming out of this version of the character. I don't think her movie voice is amazing, but it works better for her age range.

Tara has to realize she's getting old. She has mommy boobs. Somewhat saggy and covered in sun damage. She's in her mid 40s, too old to be pretending like she's a sexy 20-year-old. Her voice acting has gone down the shitter, and she's beginning to look like a middle-aged Russian prostitute.

Crypto-jewesses tend to look like trash, once they get into their forties.

Because they seemed to replicate the old hag from Suicide Squad.

Most women in their 40s would look like trash if they dressed and wore makeup like that.

Honestly, that is the one time I was surprised to learn Tara did that voice since she normally does cutesy voices.

Yeah, I don't like the fact Kori looks like fucking Beyonce

They look fine to me.

She's 26, user.

She looks 40 in that movie.

Looks fine for me

Found the russian.

We need floofy hair Kori back

I accept no substitutes

I lost my shit the first time I saw that episode.

Checking his credits, I'm glad to see that Dwight Schultz is still getting steady work. He seems like a cool guy.

Here.

Thank you

God bless

Maybe it's the bad lighting and shitty makeup.
Something about it gave her bags under her eyes and made her look like she had wrinkles.

Why do they keep pushing Harley as a hero? Her entire origin story revolves around her falling MADLY in love with the most evil man in the D.C. Universe. I don't think someone with a working moral compass would fall head over heels for an omnicidal clown, especially enough to kill people for him. It's especially grating in Injustice, where, despite having helped Joker nuke Metropolis and being at least partly responsible for Superman going off the deep end, everyone forgives her because she's a "quirky fun character, also Joker made her do it she couldn't have known nuking one of the most populated cities in the world was wrong." Fuck this shitty hot topic clown bitch, gimme back the Harley crazy and amoral enough to continually jump back into her abusive relationship when Mr. J comes knocking.

Honestly, it pisses me off because it's so half-assed. Even when they separate her from the Joker, for some reason they all think it's great writing to keep her Harley Quinn, with all the clown/harlequinn parts of her outfit that references the Joker. Why would an abused woman want to keep all those reminders?
She would have been better if she completely changed herself Oracle-style after fucking off away from the Joker, but stayed a villain, other than occasionally helping people here and there– either helping girls and children in abusive relationships or outright fucking over Joker's plans just to give him the middle finger. Give her a whole new persona related to psychology as a sort of call-back to who she was before the Joker.

I thought that it was more because they wanted her to come off as insane and hadn't slept in days.

joker nuking a city was shit anyway, why even have the joker do that? Joker only kills when it's funny. I'm pretty sure a different villain, maybe one that actually has ties to superman would have worked

I can't speak to the authenticity of her accent, but it sounds like shit. I dunno, maybe I just hate her voice.

Superman being le evil dictator is shit too, I don't think we should start dissecting Injustice's story because it's not going to lead anywhere good.

Tara and Arleen is the difference between childish and child-like.

As said Hynden Walch is much better.

She's a jew, they generally have no talent at all, and simply have a lot of flourish and advertising.

Applies to actors, artists etc - they receive acclaim from other jews in the media, and gain fame and employment like that.
Like sockpuppeting faggots.

See
For powerpuff girls, her husband made the series.
She's jewed her way along, while pretending to be white.
Same tricks as always.

He was Murdock in the a-team long before.
If you watch that, you'll see some of his abilities.
He's done some voiceover in films and games too.
Makes good character voices.

It's an old woman jew voice.
Not surprising.
Mildly disgusting.

Nothing crypto about it.

Unless you know about a secret marriage the rest of us don't, Craig McCracken isn't married to Tara Strong. He married Lauren Faust.

Can we please, PLEASE, get more Harley in the classic Harley outfit, and not the awful blue/red cheerleader/stripper thing?

This. It's not enough that they utterly ruined her character and backstory, they have to butcher her design too every chance they get. Just look at OP's pics, she looks like a fucking SJW minus 200 lbs. If they want her out of her classic harlequin costume so badly, because it's too "comicy" or some shit, fine, but if they can't come up with a fitting replacement, then why even bother?

Sometimes I wonder what Dini and Timm think about all that shit they did to Harley. Do they not care? If they do, are they obligated to keep quiet about it? Or maybe they even approve of it, who knows? I mean, if "The Killing Joke" is any indication, Timm has lost his touch too lately. And Dini worked on the first Arkham games, which started this whole new Harley trend in the first place iirc.

Neither Dini or Timm are the stopgap between something new being done with Harley, and yeah, considering they work for DC, they probably can't come out and say "Well, what they did with Harley in Suicide Squad is pretty shit".

As the comics industry, and DC in particular, have demonstrated, you need to have basically invented their flagship characters AND be ruthlessly political to get anywhere or have any say.

You know its funny I actually liked it when they started experimenting with Harley's outfit. Then the new 52 came and her defacto costume became that Yoko from Gurren Lagan outfit. I want the old one back. Also, is it me or are they trying to ape Tank girl with this new version of Harley?

supermanfags need to chill out, it's a perfectly good plotline for a guy who can do and survive almost anything

Would you also like a plotline where Batman decides to murder all his enemies, despite not killing being a staple of his character?

I think all these stories tend to start from the premise that if one REALLY BAD THING happened, he would suddenly feel the need to play Superfascist when, in reality, he would probably never think of this.

Hell, him being a fascist is kinda counter to the small town America, born and raised character Clark Kent is anyway.

What's more, other heroes motivations as to why they help him are flimsy. Wonder Woman in Injustice is the most guilty of this, but really all of the heroes in that game on that side are ridiculous. I won't deny, it's cool to see Soup come to grips with how controlling and coddling he COULD be, but it's almost never approached in the right way that's consistent with him as a person.

Red Son was actually pretty good because it DID do that, and had that conflict within a character that actually believed what he was doing was right. It wasn't a leap to have ultra-nationalist communist superman being courted by Stalin himself suddenly decide to impose his will on the world in an act to try and keep them from destroying themselves.

The difference is Batman can't singlehandedly obliterate the gotham police if they go after him for it

But he's not really evil. He's just a dictator. Even Nazi superman and Soviet superman weren't evil. I think the only really evil one is Ultraman. Would've been nice to see the older kents at least try and rehabilitating him.

This Harley look like a coalburner

If they were capable enough to take out one guy in a costume, Batman wouldn't even need to exist as a villain and his parents would probably have never been murdered.

Sure he can, Batman making the GCPD look like incompetent tools is a time-honored staple of the character's history. Not to mention modern Batman has shit like a FUCKING BAT-BASE ON THE MOON. He's way beyond GCPD caliber.