twitter.com/Z0NE/status/866157150309031936
twitter.com/GregBaldwinIroh/status/866384652453371904
archive.fo/HH5jr
archive.fo/bRYeg
youtube.com/watch?v=9JdWgYHrwjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's over, let it die.

If only I could die with it too

Time to figure out how to end my now empty life.

Jack never figured what to do after Ashi disappeared so why would you?

Traditional, exquisitely painful Japanese seppuku.

reposting another anons shit from the last thread:

I think a small change would really have helped solve so many issues. Have Aku opena portal to chase Jack and Ashi, then merge with her past self to have a cool fight scene. They could throw any time paradox bullshit after this and excuse it by saying that the merging of Akus created some sort of timeline loop co existance and not have to kill everyone in the future.

I know they had NO TIME but jesus, was there really absolutely no way to get more time for a season finale that has been in demand for so long?

Genndy has some fucking explaining to do.

Horry shit gendy a fan of EYE or something?
Time code 12:47 for the episode

IIRC Genndy said this would be a great ending in that one video he did with his wife. Why.

Nearly everyone was already dead from the Akustorm

Words can't describe this level of anger.

How about numbers?

Genndy lied
people cried

So, not counting the credits, this is where everything went so wrong.

Counting the credits it's when Jack appears in the forest on his horse.

He said it would be a tearjerker ending

Yeah, thats perfectly accurate.

twitter.com/Z0NE/status/866157150309031936

At least there wasn't the asspulled "no don't bring her back because uh, dead people are dead people and overpopulation or something" that TTGL had.

This ending is so badly made it physically hurts. The series had such great potential for a legendary ending, but instead, it was just pure disappointment.

Compare this to the "Birth of Evil" episodes. Those had fantastic direction, artwork, timing, and action sequences. This? They could barely draw Jack on-model for half the camera shots, and the plot was totally contrived. Ashi opening up a time portal to the past in 5 seconds? What. the. fuck. _Nothing_ in the series makes that a good ending! Just because you technically have justifications ("She's Aku's daughter") doesn't mean the progression is natural whatsoever.

Thematically, this love-conquers-all bullshit runs perpendicular to the rest of the show. How does Jack get past every hardship in the first four seasons? Dedication, a sense of duty, and sheer bravery (motivations which are often directly stated by characters). Here, it just sort of works out because it turns out his girlfriend has super-powers. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo.

The viewer should have been able to witness Jack finally being able to fight Aku to the death. There should have been a dramatic struggle between good and evil, where Jack is pushed to his absolute limits. But no, we get another Ashi wank-fest.

Who's idea was it to introduce a love story in the last few episodes? Why did the writers think anyone would care about Ashi in that time-span? Why is her character development so quick that they never reconcile the fact Jack killed her sisters? Why were Jack's parents still young when he came back? Why did Ashi take weeks to disappear in the past? Why did Jack stop aging in the first place? Why did they waste so much time in this season if it was planned to end in 10 episodes?

I can just tell how the planning for this episode went down.

"Okay guys, how should we end the series?"

"We should have Ashi and Jack kiss!"
"We should bring the Scotsman back and show how cool he is!"
"We should have cameos for everyone!"
"We should have Aku do more lolzy stuff!"

"Alright, settle down, settle down! We'll put everyone's ideas in the episode."

I cried.

In TTGL it was all about doing opposite what anti-spirals did. Brining back Nia would mean stagnation and refusal to more forward and adapt, something which would go against everything Simon learned and believed. There are more things to it, like selfishness of the decision and a remote possibility of bringing back anti-spirals.
Although it still didn't feel right. If they wanted Nia to be "a sacrifice," she should vanish during the final battle or immediately after.

Her having Aku's powers doesn't really bother me. What does is the part where Jack saying "I love you!" is enough to take Ashi from "completely lost" to "total mastery of Aku's powers, even the ones she's never seen him use".
As far as time travel and Ashi disappearing is concerned, it doesn't bug me as much as I thought it would. I chalk this up to the fact that Jack himself didn't fuck off out of existence too. I mean, Jack was flung into the future where the undefeated Aku reigned supreme. By going back to the past and slaying Aku, even just moments after his defeat, he effectively negated the future he'd been sent to. So in order for him to continue existing as he is, he'd have to have some kind of time traveler immunity or something.
That Ashi doesn't have, even though she traveled through time, too. Actually, why would Jack have that in the first place?

Fuck, it's bothering me again.

There was a minor time skip between defeating Aku and the wedding. Obviously they didn't have a wedding ready for some future girl Jack would come back with.

I smell executive meddling or Genndy going senile.
She's a gurrrrl.
10 episodes, but this is justifiable because they were raised not to care about anything. Caring about Jack is her character arc.
He came back to the moment when he left.
Yeah, this one is pure bullshit.
Time travel fucks up his aging process. But this probably should have overridden the time paradox shit with Ashi too.
Probably a combination of CN telling them what to do, it being a hasty adaptation of a screenplay, possible reduction in the number of episodes, and the people involved not having worked on this show for over a decade.

I think it may be Genndy since I remember reading an article where he stated that he had this desire as a kid to go on adventures in a post apocalyptic wasteland with his girlfriend.

Never change, Holla Forums

you fucking virgins, since the dawn of ages it has been a thing for a man to love a woman. Granted that was introduced last season and it was rushed but yeah it was there.

Also if Jack really did get the happy married ending Holla Forums would have complained because it's unrealistic or something. We all knew Jack would have to pay consequences and sacrifice something for undoing Aku's future. In this case, his love.

The entire ending was shit, and I was enjoying myself all the way up until it. We get to see all of his friends reunite with him, only to see it all removed in one foul swoop. I would have accepted Jack making peace that he would not be able to go into the past and instead start his life with Ashi in the present or even have him die and let Ashi be the one to deliver the final blow. Anything but this ending that shits on every season, this one included, and makes every adventure all for nothing.

Just bad form, and a rushed hackneyed ending. AS should've given Genndy more episodes.

Billions of people died during Aku's reign and uncountable evil happened for thousands of years, for Jack to not undo that future just for his lover and friends would have been selfish. Trust me, I wanted Jack to let it go and stay in the future because all his friends in the future would cease to exist, but I always knew that was what he had to do. I wanted Genndy to twist his original plan and have him stay for one reason or another.

Also, this wouldn't have been fixed by more episodes, this was Genndy's endgame. If he wanted Jack to stay in the present he literally had the perfect setup with Ashi and the big battle at Aku's palace. He could have killed Aku there and that'd be the end of it. But that's how it had to be.

Yes, but there was also unprecedented technological and medical advancments that would've set humanity on a path of great prosperity once Aku died. They had space travel and electricity and now all Jack's people have are basic pre-industrial technologies.

There was good with the bad with Aku and Jack did an excellent job of undoing the bad once he was in the future.

That's what I figured. I believe the ending should've been the entire battle for a full episode with a production value rivaling Jack's father's episode. More episodes would've spaced out literally everyone showing up to rescue Aku, freeing Ashi and Jack defeating him. It just would've been more meaningful, in my opinion, if Jack had accepted the situation and the series ended on a "you can't change the past" lesson with him being happy in the present while moving towards the future.

Then he'd have all this technological advancement, his friends, and his girl. Instead we get a sentimental ladybug scene while fading to black among a field of cherry blossoms. It feels like this wasn't meant to be the real ending, but I can't speak for Genndy.

You are right and now it bothers me too. Here's a diagram.

I think I figured out why Ashi disappears and Jack doesn't. When the two of them come back to the past, they arrive after Jack has been flung into the future. This means he's not present in that time to be affected by the changes they make (killing Aku). Since we see Jack arrive in the future with Aku, we know that these events happened in some sense. There's no stable time loop here. Killing Aku undoes the Aku-infested future, but does not undo Jack traveling to the future. So the paradox for Jack would be that he had to visit the world dominated by Aku to come back the way he did. In a timeline where Jack had always killed Aku in the past, Jack would have had none of his adventures and presumably sought out a time portal simply to return (and kill Aku), but not to save a future that had been fucked. He would see the world as it would become without Aku and have the utmost confidence that he would win the fight when he returned.

So then what actually happened in the show? Ashi vanished, presumably due to a time paradox. Jack was fine though. But should Jack have disappeared? Wouldn't the "correct" version of Jack, the one that hadn't lived 50 years in the future, have overridden the Jack we saw throughout the series? Unless Jack died in the Aku-free future into which he appeared, surely he would have sought a way home, and we see multiple methods of returning that have nothing to do with Aku (space ship, fairy, probably the Guardian's portal). So did we just see the altered version of the timeline take over? If that were true, then not only would Ashi be gone in the material sense, but Jack's memory of her (along with his memories of the future with Aku) would be erased. He would maybe be a little sad at the end for leaving the wonders of the future behind instead of mourning everyone he erased from existence.

The one thing we can be pretty sure of is that fucking with time travel does not create new, separate timelines. If that were the case, Ashi would have been fine (and the future would still be fucked since they didn't kill Aku there).

There are a couple of things that I think might salvage this story. One contradicts what I said just above. Ashi didn't disappear because of a time paradox, but because she needed Aku's essence to exist. This is not communicated effectively at all if it's the case. Other than the line where she says she can feel he's gone, there is nothing to suggest it. The other thing would be if "the future" into which Aku flung Jack isn't precisely the future, but a weaker version of time travel. In this version traveling back is not what alters time, but tearing open portals is. Aku tears open portals and sends people into a sort of time bubble outside the main timeline and returning to the past is actually leaving the bubble. How this would work would be stupid and convoluted, but something to the effect of a "cloned" reality could do it. You'd still have to explain a lot, like what happens after Jack leaves and why it takes Ashi so long to disappear, but at least it would explain why Ashi disappeared (she's not of this time) and why Jack doesn't age (he's not of the time bubble). The only suggestion to this version is the weird situation where time displacement seems to prevent Jack from aging.

Not everything needs a romantic subplot. It speaks to someone's insecurity that they want or accept romantic subplots being shoehorned into everything.

Also, Jack is a monumental asshole for never considering taking a book on physics or whatever back to the past with him.

They will eventually reach the same advancement as their future, if not more because the world of Samurai Jack has real magic and stuff like that. Aku probably destroyed much of the world's ecosystem not to mention unleashed uncountable numbers of monsters and mutants upon it. Could Jack and Co. eventually fix all of this? Probably, but that wasn't really his deal. Honestly Genndy should have gone with the "letting go of the past" and staying in the future type of ending. But it's a pretty straightforward narrative, honestly the real suprise is that Genndy really did take the premise and went 100% straight with it in the end.

All the classics in both literature or cinema feature either love, family, friendship or simple sexual desire. Did Jack need a love interest? Probably not but it didn't really ruin anything.

Cmon, anons.

Except in this timeline it takes longer because they don't have Aku's magic, meaning more time in which for people to die of diseases that could have been prevented with better medicine or die in wars that could have been prevented with better communications technology leading to centralization faster.

That's a lot broader than "romantic subplot" which is a cliche at this point.
It meant less time, which we can see directly in the pacing for the latter half of this episode.

Because the ending, understandably, overshadows most parts of the rest of the episode. The intro in the intro was fucking genius, though.

wow i really fucked that grammar up lol

They needed to setup Ashi to fuck Jack over one last time.

OK here's something I haven't seen anyone bitch about yet.

When Jack's daddy traps Aku in the sword and plants it in the ground Aku is just trapped. But Jack doing the same means Aku is dead. What changed?

If the world of SamJack is like our own, and Jack was flown thousand of years into the future, I really doubt their science would be that far off. Since Jack's past is like feudal Japan, and Aku's future is like thousands of years after that. Probably the year 3000 or more by that point. Besides, Aku was the war to end all wars. He probably made up for the human wars by doing his never-ending raiding. I mean there's like four seasons of Samurai Jack to show the future is completely fucked and everything is always getting attacked either by Aku or some other monster.

Oh wait, here's another thing.

Why does Ashi call Jack Jack after they go back to the past? That's not his real name.

That makes me wonder what his real name was anyway?

You make a good point but I will refer you to this

He spent much more of his life Answering to "Jack" than whatever his given name was.

Samurai jack: a thousand year old virgin.

Jack tried to let go, bu ashi killed sudoku spirit.
Also he could use time portal a few times before, but he did saved someone in future instead, while they would not need saving if he just went to the past. This might imply that future will not be so different and actions in the future will still matter, based on cartoon logic. He might even live to see ashi born again, since he is Immortal Emperor of motherfucking Earth.

It was clusterfuck.

Yeah.

Well he was shirtless and in the middle of a battle no? Besides, evenn after all that time I don't think Jack really did learn much of how the stuff in the future works. He'll probably be a great emperor though, on account of being the greatest warrior of all time.

You don't need a romantic subplot for a character to have a sex life, my dude. My beef is with shoehorned romantic subplots that serve as a protagonist's motivation.

When did Jack went out of his way because of romantic subplot? He dumped bitch multiple times.

Getting this printed at the next available opportunity.

Wish I had gotten the Aku Club Tee when it was being sold, instead of the fucking Spider-Man one that got ripped up anyway

Ending was fine, look at him smiling in the end, he sacrificed everything to go back to the past, and he got it, aku wont be ever more, he did his mission, it will hurt him forever to lose ashi, but this is overcompensated by a aku free world/universe. And he better keeps the Jack name in the past. Better ask Genndy after the ocean of complaints settles down.

shit on the episode all you will, ghost scotsman magic bagpipes and the giant robot annoying aku was the best shit ever
someone please make a better loop of this

ah wrong one

So is Jack still immortal, or did the reverse spin of going back in time, or whatever, make him mortal again?

The ending did feel rushed. Season renewal woes, or meddling execs are my initial assumptions. Why the hell did they drop all that precious closure with them not finishing the job in the future?

it's probably the execs, adult swim tends to give you a good start and then fuck it up because they don't particularly care
t. venture bros

Shit was so cash, i cried
I only wish it ended like this
>Ladybug lands on Jack
>Suddendly jack sees flaming eyebrows on ladybug and shocked backs off
>Everything around him starts to looks like aku, focus on the three behind him thats looks like aku
>He looks down to his belly, he sees darkens spreading trough it
>He pulls out his sword and sepuku him selves
>All of this was just PTSD induced hallucination
>In the last frame we see samuraj pierced by the sword slowly dying

Now that would be the ending

What did I win, co?

i would have wanted that too, but gendy would be crucified if he did something like that

This is straight up Genndy's vision. Have you guys ever seen a Genndy cartoon? He's not exactly high storytelling. It did exactly what the show always said it would do.

This last episode still felt like it needed maybe 5-10 more minutes. It felt a bit comical with how fast that jump of logic to action went. Jack would of stayed and had an even more badass battle; Ashi just kind of decided, right when the only thing that was even handicapping Jack was gone. But hey, it was still pretty good.

Aku definitely did some taunting with Jack at his mercy.

That's the good part. Most of the whining is either waifufags who are pissed that Ashi died despite her being a shitty character or faggots who wanted Jack to not return to the past.
That being said, the ending did suck balls

My issue is Jack couldn't catch a break

He said bittersweet actually

The fuck do you mean? The guy's back in the past, Aku is gone, family is there that's a pretty good break. He may have lost Ashi but she was a shit character whose arc made no sense anyway.

Take your pick, Holla Forums

Pick of what? They don't exist.

It's not like Scotsman's ancestors were killed. Only those whose existence was directly dependant upon Aku's own are for sure removed from the timeline.

What her whole arc was hope and moving on with trauma. I'm not sure how didn't make sense I just feel Jack should have just had his happiness considering all he's been through.

That's really distilling it into a base statement buddy. It's as much about that as Batman is about proper parenting.

I think around the time Ashi was hanging with Jack was around the same time Holla Forums started to shit on it everywhere. Nevermind the fact that she wasn't Mary Sue material but hey lets just throw that argument in because Holla Forums's still traumatized over Korra's bullshit.

To be honest, 8/co/ bitches way less about Ashi than 4/co/mblr does.

But she was terribly written and took focus away from Jack.

While the claims are not unfounded
and it's hard for me to explain, but just the way Ashii interacts with all the noteworthy people jack helped in the first few seasons makes it seem like one of those marry sue things, but I can also see how people would be able to see past it since she is given proper reason for it.

i still find it weird that people are mad over that.
he did the thing. the thing he spent 4 seasons and a few episodes trying to do.

They didn't watch the show. All the experience they had with Jack until the new season was in Holla Forums threads thinking they could get by with knowledge picked up through osmosis.

I just wanted closure and a nice ending, I got precisely that.
I'm amazed the goddamn thing was able to be aired.

That ending was rushed as fuck. I wanted to see Jack and Ashi defeat Aku in the future world, then have her make a time portal and ask if he wants to go back still, to which he declines. Jack would get to stay with Ashi and all the other allies he made over the years that way. Seems like a pretty cliche ending, but so was the one we got.

That's actually the ending I wanted too.

It really would have been a problem if they continued living in the aku reality, because even though jack would have been a hero, Aku was holding a pretty big slice of world power, and killing a leader means you also have to fight a ton of followers for years after. It's better that he went to the past from a logical standpoint because otherwise the problems that were created by aku would have had to be solved through some other means that involves tons of work and power that probably would take an extremely long time.
Just as an example, aku took all of the water off a planet. In order to get water back on that planet you'd need to take water from another planet, and that just fucks with another planet's ecosystem. This was the best possible end because it's easier to start from the beginning rather than when everything is fucked.
And if you're telling me you could prevent the catastrophe that starts mad max / Hokuto No Ken and you wouldn't because of the friends you made in that reality you're thinking way too selfishly and not understanding the bigger picture of it all.

This, now we have the immortal warrior king.
The guardians vision was true all along

Should be, BORN TO LIVE

Is Jack a worse murderer than Aku? After all he just erased thousands of years of history and thousands of lives that now won't exist. Why does Jack's entitlement to a world he wanted take precedent over the natural progression of the entire universe?

How can one user have such bad taste? That would have been awesome. They could even do another series just about that.

Why does Aku's entitlement to ensnaring the universe take precedent over the actual natural progression of the universe

How was Aku's ensnarement of the universe not natural? He was part of the universe. The past was the past, Jack sacrificed reality for his fantasy of his youth. Jack is a selfish piece of shit who killed all his real friends.

Now technically, the planet was getting fucked by the Industrialization, but at the end of the day, it's not like a single earth will last generation after generation, and a good chunk of people who jacktended to save were cultures villages and cities full of crap that would have not contributed anyhow.

Aku's rule was that he permitted people to live as long as his ever-changing values allowed it, and punished those who went against his law, or tried to bargain with him under the impression they'd get anything out of it thinming he#d be reasonable, Aku never cucks out of getting what he wants, and people dumb enough to try always get fucked in the end, infact, you'd think generation after generation people might have just had contigency plans for just packing up and leaving if Aku visited, which they didn't.

The initial startup in Jack's time was the fact that Aku realized Humans were full-of shit and needed a good packing to show who's boss, so he set about wrecking everyone's shit personally, but, realizing the effort that went into wrecking cultures globally and seeking out every settlement there is would have worked him bone dry, so he consolidated his efforts to building the forces and allies necessary to furthering his influence and rule, which worked wonders from his mining operations that were already a step above what was available at the time.

From that single mine, he conquered the entire planet, and worked his way up the galactic ladder, only ever being stopped by what amounted to an act of god. One thing to note the places he wrecked in the age of his rule, the populations for Democracy/Utopian/lazy ages of weakness, not unlike our own, what amounted to Military prowess was always lackluster, not only an attempt at futility, but an insult to Aku as a fission-spawn from what was essentially a Non-sapient Elder Evil/Great Old One the Deities messed with and nearly got killed for, if only due to lack of imagination/co-ordination on it's part.

Yes, Aku is Evil, yes, he is oppressive, selfish and self-serving, yes, he'll kill you in a heartbeat if you so much as present weakness before him, but that's the thing, he's a fucking incarnation of nature trivalized by contact with lesser being through consumption of prehistoric matter and a magical poison which made him into a silly corny, but ever-so dangerous manifestation of an eastern perspective of evil.

Point is, if you kept your head down, had a decent military and actually had the skills to both keep Aku appeased and act in preservation you were good to go in Aku's World, if you were a fucking weakling, you'd perish, and that, like nature is uncaring and fair.

Jack, instead of realizing through his efforts he cannot save the past should have realized the future had a place for him and fought for it, and instead, once again, he low WISdomed it, and fucked himself, for who in the past would know his deeds? The gods don't even give arats ass about his world, they left it long ago, it's basically a Non-deity setting like in D&D worlds, Gods only play with S&S planes of existence.

How is Jack's changing of history not part of reality? He's a part of the universe as much as Aku.

lel

this isn't like where Holla Forums gives facts as to how hitler wasn't killing jews, he was concentrating them and trying to get them out of germany because they kept trying to persecute the german peoples along with the rest of the world, which got assblasted at germany for defending itself
This is you saying a guy who went out of his way to torture civilizations and murder planets full of people, as well as letting criminals rule the worlds, is not as bad as a guy who was preventing all those deaths and possibly more by erasing that portion of history and then slaying Aku. All the progress that was achieved was probably done to get away from aku, which would make them stronger probably as a civilization, but that doesn't make the means justified.

Press F to pay respects

Just finished it.
I found it completely predictable.
I'm simply glad that it has an ending.
Haven't felt this way since Inuyasha: The Final Act.

I look forward to the season premier of Twin Peaks later today.
Mainly because I'm sure I will hate it for a number of reasons.
Like if say David Duchovny in drag is not played as a joke the same way it was in the early 90s than I am not going to give it another moment of my time.

So why should I care about a time paradox in a fantasy and sci-fi setting? Never cared about it as a kid and never did now.

t. Shounen Jump reader

The show should have been nine episodes of grimdark, followed by an intense fight with Aku, and finishing with a happy ending.

This, the first three episodes were the best part of the season, even if Jack shouldn't have had any problems with killing other people, as a child he saw his father kill other people, and he never really had any problems with killing animals or those seven assassins. Yeah the flashback with the father was from the new season, but Samurais in feudal Japan were hardcore, who could without any reason kill any of their peasants. He could even order his wife to kill herself and her children if she dishonored him.

The 1st episodes were absolute god tier they were the way you do a dark mature reboot

then it just fell apart it was not bad parsay but you saw some issues

Noone of you fuckers talk about that in the last scene he's memories probably got wiped just like Ashi!

It needed 4 more episodes

There, fixed the ending for you. Just throw it into movie maker or what have you and edit it yourself.

I wish they didn't do the "You have all of Aku's powers" thing and that there really was no way to get back back to the past and Jack would have to move on from his failure like a fucking adult.

It needed to not have the fucking filler. All Jack's friends swooping in to help at the end would have had much more impact if they didn't spend an episode showing all of them so Ashi's character would develop.

Honestly, I suspect that originally Jack was going to remain haggard and grizzled for the whole season but CN was like NOPE, he needs to look like how the fans remember him!

But doesn't him letting the ladybug land on him show he remembers her and is getting over her?

She never told him about her appreciation of ladybugs. In fact, her seeing him treat the ladybug gently is what really hits home for her and sends her on her character arc. Jack having respect for nature is just part of his personality, the synchronicity with the ladybug is just a bit for the viewers.

That's the moment when he "goes blank"!
As the user says above he never know that Ashi changed because of the ladybug. The whole scene is a trick to bambooze the audience.

Jack smiles because he can't remember shit that happened in the future…

All of them

How come Jack went blank after Ashi disappeared rather than at the same time or before?

Him living so long and not aging in the future was due to him having been predetermined to return to the past so that he's the same when he returns. He likely doesn't have that crutch anymore and live out his life in his own time.

The journey itself was an allegory to his past world. He sacrificed a different future to return to the past. For better or for worse, that was the choice he made.

The THICCness must live!

Did anyone else suddenly feel as if all the day's, or week's, tiredness came crashing down on them once the episode ended?

Yep, and it hasn't gone away since last night.

From Baldwin's twitter
twitter.com/GregBaldwinIroh/status/866384652453371904
archive.fo/HH5jr

Ive been looking forward to every sunday (i watched it on sundays just to end my weekends with something good) and now…. well…. i dont realy know what to watch now. I've binge watched the venture bros, megas xlr, and all my other favorite toons but I couldnt stand to watch any of them a 7th or 9th time.

i feel oddly empty

I loved the season at the start because it was showing how human jack was with losing his mind, but now it's like he's a robot at the end. How is he able to walk away from his entire adult lifetime? Everything he ever did doesn't exist now. What was it all for? The saving of others in a timeline where they wouldn't exist. Countless times he could have went back to the past, but instead he decided to free and save those in the future instead of himself. Those fairies, those long neck people, everything was for nothing. He could have left them to suffer as he goes into the time portal and nothing of difference would have changed because they all wouldn't exist in the end. Everything is hollow now.

Aku was killing them all with his arrow/spike rain anyway, did you miss that? The only ones surviving were scotsman daughters and a few spartans
If jack had stayed in the future he would have been surrouded by corpses of his friends

This, so many anons are forgetting this

He should just stayed cause while he lost lot in the past he gained so much more in the future.

Jack didn't choose to go back to the past though. Ashi took him back and didn't stop to ask. Someone from that future whose life wouldn't exist made the choice that it was better for Jack to create a future free of Aku.

This is exactly what I'm feeling right now. There's really nothing else to look forward to. I may watch Zim if it follows the original scripted finale the creator had in mind and maybe the Hey Arnold movie if its actually well written and avoids any Current Year shenanigans. After that, I guess only thing I can look forward to is Gumball.

I think I like this cheeky cunt now. He looks older than I expected though.

Not to mention if everything was just gonna be erased by a paradox anyway, why did he even bother saving people when he was so close to a portal if the shit that was happening was just gonna be undone once he entered a portal? Like he did with those monks.

Because he was a retarded nip from the past that couldn't comprehend time paradoxes?

Have you ever watched the series "Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light"? Probably one of the better animated comedies based on a toyline.

FUCK

The ladybug was Japanese symbolism.

Actually, Ashi made that choice for him.

>E. Honda shows back up
There, I fixed the ending with minimal structure changes

It'd be par for the course for Tartakovsky, but I need some evidence (an article, preferably archived) of ladybugs representing love messages in actual Japanese symbolism before I believe this fortune cookie nonsense. For what it's worth, though, I did see some other forms of ladybug symbolism in this article:

archive.fo/bRYeg

So in essence, the High Priestess' plan was fucked from the start.

What was it for? It was for him. Despite all his training, he wasn't the true warrior of righteousness when he first faced Aku, and that is why he was unable to succeed. His father, despite being righteous enough to have the sword forged from his soul, only exemplified the righteous warrior enough to be able to bind Aku, but not destroy him. It took Jack over fifty years of war against Aku, and the self reflection during that time, to become the man the world needed him to be, the man who could end Aku permanently.

Nah, Aku just got the drop on Jack the first time with the time portal.

In terms of story and symbolism, dubsman.

Has someone made a background out of that last image of Jack standing by the cherry tree? Or does someone at least have that image? I forgot to save it.

see

Updated in light of the final episode

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS

>Forget Her

I was thinking this, but I hope he at least kept the memories. ;_;

you stupid fuck, saving people gives him extra POWER to resist being corrupted by aku

I took it as Jack returns some time after he gets flung into the duture. This time period in the past is where the future timeline exists. Once Jack gets sent back to the past and kills Aku, a new future is created and Ashi dissapears because she didn't exist prior to Jack being sent back and has nothing to keep her bound to the new timeline once Aku is gone. The future that Jack was sent to still existed for a small period of time until Jack returned.

Aku or someone else could keep The Jack returns timeline from occuring by changing the past(future) before Aku is killed when Jack returns.

10/10

>>>/reddit/

Fuck.

Fucking kill yourself

Going to take some photoshop time since I can't find a template for the "Don't Forget You're Here Forever" that isn't Burns putting it up. Any idea what font that is? You get me a font or better yet a template and I can take it from there.

You're right that it would be even more of a gut punch.

How would this have been instead of what we got?

You do it in the same font as the "do it for her"
Because the rest of the text is just hiding underneath the pictures that disappear
Like pottery

No fucking shit, Sherlock. You see the part where I asked what font that is? I don't have some magical ability to look at a font and go "aha that is Atherton MS Bold", and shit needs to match or it will look like ass.

Posting this everywhere you post yours.

Wow that's fucking gay.
It's amazing that as soon as Ashi and Jack were a couple, suddenly nobody cared about anything else other than that specific plot point.

Nobody cared Ashi was a shit character, nobody cared Jack needed to get back to the past, waifufags just wanted to ship them forever. Ashi is dead, more dead than anyone since Jack destroyed the thing that made her exist. Deal with it.

People forgetting that love from the people he saved literally let Jack expel Aku's infection from his body when they whined about "muh power of luv!" in the last episode was really annoying.

But it doesn't open time portals

But Aku does

Then why hasn't he done it at any point prior
This just makes my earlier point of "why didn't Aku just make another time portal and fling Jack into the future again" all the more valid. Since we now know he could do that at any point.

This makes for a very pretty picture to end it on.

Depends on how you want to approach time paradoxes.

If Jack didn't go through everything that he did in the future, that means he also couldn't have come back and kill Aku, and time would do a weird switcheroo where:
1. Aku is alive and sends Jack to the future
2. Jack comes back to kill Aku
3. with Aku dead, the future doesn't happen
4. since Jack never went to the future he also didn't come out of it, thus Aku is still alive and sends Jack to the future
5. repeat forever

Because it didn't work the first time. Also it's kind of implied he did it on other occasions, like with the Spartans. Maybe in those thousands of years he learned that it wasn't a winning strategy.

I mean it did. He did take over the world and spread his influence further than ever dreamed, buddy.
Very barely. But it's been shown now that not only was it always an option, but it also would have worked out far better than being lethargic did.

Maybe Jack just isn't going to fall for the same trick twice.

Ok then "fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me." Jack trounces Aku in a fight and Aku knows this so maybe he expects Jack would evade the same trick.

I'd expect the shape-shifting master of darkness would be able to trick the guy. It's just a gaping hole in the plot that has come up because Genndy shat the bed in the last 3 episodes.

Lame

I don't think so, Tim.

Season 5 was okay but it was far from the saviour of animation

Genndy confirmed for globalist shill

>>>/cuckchan/

Wait just a minute, how the fuck did Ashi know when to open the time portal, espically to the exact second after Jack had just left?

Brainwashing is not hard to undone if you remove source of brainwashing. People remain brainwashed because they remain in echo chambers.

Maybe it was more that Jack knew when to jump out and told her. Also, it's entirely possible they went to some other time first just to get out of there and then figured out exactly where and when to go.

This image won me $100.

I bet someone that the show would end JUST like TTGL. "NO that's anime and this isnt."

"Trigger/Gainax takes heavily from western tropes, not the other way around. Either the defeat of Aku will kill her via time shenanigans or half of her will no longer be there and she can no longer be viable, but will somehow fight it long enough to give jack some happiness, the series is following the same exact formula TTGL used in its final episodes so far"

"No, that's anime, this is a cartoon, won't happen."

$100 richer now.

trolololol

10/10

Jack being a super warrior hero king wouldn't make him a good leader, but the fact that he was a temper-headed individual for most of his entire life and trained over the years with so many would make him at least have a strong ground work to understanding how to be an emperor. Seeing Aku being a shitty leader in general would probably lead him to make decisions like not going out and conquering lands willy nilly. You know that saying; if you bear god as a child and show it compassion then it will be a careless god when it grows, but if you show god hardship then it will be compassionate instead. Jack understands what not to do as a ruler, and in the back of his mind he would probably always hold onto the idea of "I never want to be like Aku, so I will never do these things."

Can you do us all a really important favor?

Kill yourself.

This, faggots need to stop posting their fanfictions like it isn't the cringiest goddamn shit on the planet.

Filthy summer child

>Not inviting current allies.
Bait?

holy crap

1. We have no idea whate exact time period it is.
2. Magellan was crossing the globe on a regular basis by the early 1500's.
3. Niggers from asia got to australia and hawaii in shitty canoes.

shit I meant for

I liked the end
Would have likes it more if she had immediately disappeared after aku's defeat
But then again I like jacks silly wedding outfit

Does anyone have the megalinks for all the episodes?

Here you go user.

Where's the episode guide?

This one?

Ah, yes. A thousand thanks, user.

Now… now what?

This needs a further edit with her disappearing.

4U

plot magic.

Also could be because she was essentially in control of aku's powers, and knew exactly when aku sent jack to the future.

After all, how did she know how to use the time portal spell?

It should have been 2 parts. Part 1 should have ended with them killing Aku in the future and then traveling back in time to kill him in the past.
This was ridiculously rushed, like anyone with sense knew it would be.

and a much-needed heartfelt final conversation with the Scotsman and others, where Jack reminds them they may not exist if he goes back in time

also really minor nitpick here, but if they were going to drag out wedding bit just to make Ashi disappear sadder, they should have shown more cameos. what about the kids that jack used to know, wouldn't they now be grown up? the africans, egyptians etc they should have been there.

Some of the problems I saw with the season weren't just limited to the final episode or Ashi, and were even in the much-vaunted first 3 episodes.
He's inconsistently portrayed. We first see him telling Jack to kill himself and that he's going to fail, later he shows up to taunt wounded Jack and relish in killing someone, still later to say to ditch Ashi, and then at the tea scene he's telling Jack that he kept them alive. Even if we just assume that he's Jack's inner doubts and evil side all in one, there's no indication whatsoever of him keeping them alive because Jack never did what he suggested. On a similar note, why have the white puff personality appear for a fraction of one episode only?
This initially was really badass in its ominous nature and seemingly being another hallucination or personality in Jack's head. Turning it into just an actual ghost chasing Jack to tell him to suduko really cheapened it, especially when the initial times we saw him seemed to be as a Bushido spirit keeping Jack on the path of the righteous warrior.
There were too many of these even in the first three episodes, from seeing 8 daughters of Aku at once in the tomb scene to Jack's wounds turning on and off shot to shot.
This would have been better as her fighting an elite assassin or two with her mother being the finale, not going Powerpuff Girl on thousands of guys. Or, just have a longer, tougher fight against her mother.
She already was convinced about Jack being right, this would have been a fine place to free up some time in the season. ESPECIALLY the rave.
(cont)

As to episode 10 itself, the biggest problem was just:
Even if they didn't realize the series' time crunch until this episode, it could have been fixed with a few easy steps:
1) delete wedding, have Ashi fade immediately after Aku's death. Would have saved a bunch of time.
2) delete initial gathering in front of TVs; introduce episode with old intro before cutting to Aku's NOOOOT, then show everyone at their TVs responding to it–the joke wouldn't have been as great and people tuning in a few minutes late would have been screwed, but it would have saved a bunch of time here as well.
3) instead of it seeing that Jack telling Ashi he loved her was all that was needed to throw off Aku's control, use the extra time saved from the above two suggested cuts to have a scene similar to the Aku Infection episode. Where, while inside the Ashiblob, Jack connects with her mentally and helps her cut away at Aku's darkness with the light of love. Boom, it doesn't feel rushed or cheap anymore.
4) Have the Scotsman be the one to point out that if Ashi has Aku's powers that they should time portal back to the past immediately, maybe saying that they'd stall Aku for the moment they'd need to do it–giving a more obvious permission from Jack's friends to undo the future, giving the audience a moment to digest it, and letting Jack have at least a very brief goodbye. Still a deus ex Ashi, but not a 30-second complete asspull solution–that moment for myself and many others caused a lot of mental whiplash at how suddenly it went from Jack fighting Aku-controlled Ashi, to Jack going back to the past with an Ashi that had Aku's powers.

I still enjoyed the season overall and it had a lot of great moments, but the whole thing really could have used a bit more polish, and more importantly a couple more rewrites to iron things out.

Oh, and the tea scene with Suicide/Rage Jack? That ought to have been an actual fight, not blasting him away with glowing eyes. Cutting the army fight would have given plenty of time for that.

ouch

maybe they realized how stupid and tumblr-y that character was and took it out

Valid point. Would have been better to never include it in the first place (since I'm just listing things I saw as weak about the season overall).

A good rewrite could have fixed the pacing and some of the inconsistencies, but from what I've read they were in a hurry to change it from a movie script into a 10-episode season, and the time for a thorough edit wasn't there.

You're pretty spot on.
Though I don't get what your problem is with the green samurai specter thing.
It's basically what you said. It seems like extreme nitpicking, extremely pedantic wording making two similar scenarios sound different

So with The Aku Infection being brought up a few times in discussion I went and rewatched it, and I noticed something: youtube.com/watch?v=9JdWgYHrwjM

All the groups of allies mentioned as sending their blessing, each blessing a stone to fortify this land? Those are the groups that show up in the final fight against Aku. Them, plus the archers. I don't know if it has any significance but I thought it was interesting.

I am pretty sure there was more than 2 different personalities, excluding white puff.

You know, the whole point of defeating Rage Jack is not to fight him.

I'm pretty sure it was only there because it suited his current trippy environment.

That's not that bad. I apprechiate the user who wrote this, it's a pretty neato alternative, happy ending.

It is exactly that bad. Kill yourself.

i'd would, but only if you'd ever cease to be such an autistic man-child who gets so worked up, to a point of telling people to kill them selves over a dissagreement about a cartoon, but we all know that won't happen so i'll live happily instead.
go back to angry-posting on tumblr you virgin.

Go back to Reddit and take your tainted dubs with you.

Now I mean it: Kill yourself

FLCL 2

Ghostjack is the id, the dark side, the death drive. He's Tyler Durden. This is an extremely well-established archetype. Fitting, given the protagonist is a man whose real name we don't know but has been assumed to be named Jack.

It didn't look like that at all. He didn't drive Jack to be a better warrior; he scared Jack shitless.

I agree but I can look past this.

I disagree. It was better to fake us out by making us think it was some ridiculous gurrl power bullshit only to realize it was totally justified by having Aku's strength. Honestly her mother should have known better than to fight her, that's a really one-sided match.

This I agree with and I'll add that if they waited until the Cavalry moment to reveal them the impact would have been 10x stronger.

This post is on point. The whole "Ashi can take them back just like that" was approaching Jotaro having The World levels of asspull.

Not really, mom had Aku's magical sperm powering her too.

Thank you user, I will treasure it always.

I have always hated this macro so much

Someone has to update this video.
I don't know how to edit videos

But Jack returns after aku sends him to the future, just the aku in that future is dead.

It goes like this:
Original Timeline: Aku sends Jack into the future -> Jack finds himself in the future where Aku's evil is law -> Aku destroys all time portals -> Jack finds Ashi who sends him back in time
New Timeline(s): Aku sends Jack into the future -> Jack returns to the past and slays Aku -> Jack finds himself in a future with no Aku -> Jack grows beard and gets cape and crown -> Jack starts a hobby of raising ladybugs -> Jack must abandon his ladybugs and go through the nondestroyed Guardian's Portal to fulfill his destiny and slay Aku

I like it.

That's a very weak way to end the story and it cheapens Jack's story and struggle.
No hero of legend, myth or religion escapes unscathed when fighting pure evil. In the end he is victorious, but there's always a steep price to pay and it leaves the hero scarred.
Genndy is just following a millennia old archetype.

Best case scenario the ending is really just a plot hole and throw away of time travel work. At worst case scenario Aku is stuck in a time paradox in which he is tormented by Jack in the future, who comes back to kill him in the past just before his past self sends another jack to torment him 50 years earlier

The ending and overall quality of season 5 could have been improved by having Ashi either staying as a villain, dead, or going neutral but not adventure around with Jack at the end of episode 3.

My disappointments

I'm fine with the tonal whiplash of the huge fight and then the sudden trip to the past, honestly it was kind of a neat surprise. I just wanted a bit more of Jack's reaction to finally achieving his goal out of fucking nowhere and being at peace. If I were him I'd have been in fucking tears in that portal.

Though really I'm glad it's over. I'm satisfied with this ending and happy to have the closure it brings.

But they shitted the bed long before that, user.

I held judgement until they were done. It was pretty bad, to be honest. Cliches everywhere. Tartakovsky can't write a compelling and mature love story. It should have stayed a kid's show with its attending editorial limits, it seems he's better suited to that medium. The strongest part of Samurai Jack since the start were the cool fight animations, the plot and characterization was always kind of weak and it was only mangled worse now, and we got almost no interesting action scenes in the Season (barring the first few episodes which were unsurprisingly one of the ones I enjoyed best).

While defending Aku isn't the way to go, I'll leave you with a quote from the Silmarillion:

And also relevant

So to tl;dr this, the endgame doesn't necessarily matter, be it good or bad. What matters is the journey itself, each action you take along that journey, and the higher moral you follow in those actions. You judge good and high beauty by each action taken, not the end result. Each battle has it's own glory and cause to be, and to erase any piece of it is to make the whole lesser.

anything that makes Zone butthurt is fine by me

Shoulda been 13 episodes, one to address more of the shit like the implied death of the guardian, what happened with the dogs, an actual reunion with the Scotsman, etc, another to show what it was like for Jack in his present and a "good" future epilogue.

That's cool and all but it's not easy to undo major global fuck ups after you kill a world leader, political or physical. It's a lot easier to kill him before he is well known.

I would like to see Genndy announcing that he would make "Extended cuts" for each of the episodes in order to address some issues in the original run.

Ashi ~ Daughter of Aku

Fuck off zone

The fuck is that horrendous background noise?

Jack needed a choice between a time portal or killing Aku in the present to stop him from killing all of his friends right then. This needed to be an either or type deal. Jack needed to choose the connections he made during his travels instead of resetting everything. Who knows maybe there would have been a different evil demon if Aku was taken down. Maybe Aku killed hundreds of pretenders during the time between the past and the future and Jack never knew about it.

I have a feeling that final scene was meant to symbolize general loneliness, not just regarding what's her name

I would never be able to get off to this knowing it's jack, it's like seeing your best friend.

Nigga, what? You have both shit memory and shit ears, or what?

The problem could be the R, since the Arial R is shorter, try with the Helvetica family

Ashi fucked up and deposited them into an alternate timeline

Then how did destroying Aku make her–oh never mind.

Because Ashi fucked up user.

lol why is this the only memorable music in the whole season

Yeah, no, Jack is too pure for that degeneracy.

He created a time boom when he went back in time.

Ashi did just fine. Aku sent Jack into an alternate timeline future

thanks /arda/ that was actually pretty cool

It sounds like a fucking rumbling drone.
The track is good, so I think it must be my end that's fucking up.

Here is my ending:
>cut back to right after (this is important) aku portals jack into the future in episode one

It should have been about the scotsman's daughters.

1/10 Dongs

no, she would have to be her descendant

Time paradoxes how do they work?

Is her head hollow? How the fuck is it sticking in there?

His dick is going down her throat dummy. Aku of all shape shifting masters of darkness should know how this works.

they shit the bed as soon as ashi got shoehorned in

Because it's supposed to remind everyone of Ennio Morricone, and succeeds in doing so.

It's basically playing the first few seconds of Ecstasy of Gold as a beat, so it's hard not to.

I think the two "chase" themes were pretty good myself, but that's just me.

Why would Zone be butthurt?

So when's the next episode going up?

There is no next episode, Jack.
;-;

he drew a picture of ashi and jack all lovey dovey, apparently he supported the ship
he got cut up apparently, by the finale

I'd swear that was just a remix of something from the original show

Die

Now that the dust has settled

Was Samurai Jack season 5 /kino/ or flick?

Only for this time I'm going to bit the bait
Until episode 4 was kino, after that was cinema

Im sorry i came to Holla Forums only for SJ discussion so i dont know your lingo

o hai Holla Forums trying to blend in here?

Sounds like a good thing to slap onto a Blu-ray boxset…

I too wished for this ending, or at least kill him in the future then the past

that sounds amazing and is a good excuse for more seasons that dont even have to be focused on jack
you have literally the worst taste ever

plebian

noice

I disagree. First three episodes were /kino/. The rest was popcorn flick tier.

But the premise of him is GETTING BACK TO THE PAST. It's even in the rap intro. Not going to the past defeated the series very premise.

It was a fucking shame that jacko lost his kickass armor and never got it back

This is pretty good, albeit long enough to require a 1 hour special.

Maybe Samurai Jack takes over Earth and rules it as a benevolent but firm warrior king in the comic timeline? Then the comics branch off from there.

what was your favorite episode?

2 and 3 were both excellent, but 2 edges it out for me even if barely.

There were some top notch scenes throughout the rest of the season too, but those two episodes were just packed with them.

Episode 5 was probably my least favorite, though 6 was not far behind.