Actors that are good at their job

I couldn't name a modern film where the actors really grabbed me. I refuse to believe good actors stopped existing, and I like to believe that good films are still being made. My problem is that no current actor has a stage presence and I don't know why.

Back then editing wasn't so extensive, and actors had to pull through large scenes with plenty of dialogue to carry the whole thing. Plus most of them were theatrically trained, or were the most picturesque fellas in the streets
Nowadays editing is widely used, and it's not rare to find movies with 3 to 5 second takes lumped over each other for 10 minutes, which saves the actor from doing skillful takes almost all the time, which is good because it's bizarre to find some who study in theater, most do classroom theory and mirror improv.

So you had folks who had their distinctive trademark verbal and visual identities (star actor and character actors) and fellers who could change both at will (jacks) and had to do it all in one take due to their everyday professions. Nowadays you rarely have actors with the visual identity (hand movement, walk swinging, shoulder and facial control) and only handle long takes because of the post-modern urban character creation which makes being numb and doing nothing at all while feeling the same as realistic and the go-to method

There's good modern actors nowadays, few but they are roaming. Problem is there's almost no one who can manage to showcase their skills or if they do it's just rubbish nonsense

There's not a lot of them left. Maybe guys like Kevin Spacey who can manage to actually be interesting and stand out. Jude Law probably. Tom Hanks?

I really can't think of an actress who really has presence. Eva Green maybe… but even then.

We are pretty fucked if those are good actors
And Tom Hanks is from the 80's, and was educated with late 70's systems

Won't deny that.

Despite being a massive fucking faggot he is still a great actor.

Noice b8 m7

Audie Murphy was great at his job of killing axis hoards, acting was just his hobby.

this is the big key right here. if an actor doesn't have stage training, they aren't a real actor and are just overpaid larpers.

Even when i dislike his style and recent work, i have to say Jared Leto does take the risks and has the autism enough to practice. Justin Timberlake is another one who is also a singer, but he went to do comedy and commercials, but seen some shit with him and he's one of the few salvageable things in any movie he's in.
Frantz has a couple of decent actors who are classically trained because of their parents/have too many local mini theaters. Japan is finished, Italy don't know, Germany too many cucks, the good ones are in Austria but they get few work. England is constant but they rather do shit and train negroes than men. Russia is flourishing but they do too much shit.

Overall it's pretty bleak for once great kino nations

Peter Stormare? Daniel Day Lewis? Mads Mikkelsen? Viggo Mortensen?

Tom Hardy, Aidan Gillen, Christian Bale

Interesting choices.

>>>/reddit/

bale like clooney and carpaccio plays himself.

He used to be good now he just phones it in.

Here's the final redpill of Holla Forums, everyone can be a good actor, it's up to the PR-department, the writers and the director to make them seem that way. It's exactly like wrestling, once you know the fundamentals every piece of shit from the street could do it.

True, there have been times where non actors get cast in a big movie with a fine director and at the end, people say they did a good job.

So we've come down to bad editing and lack of formal training being the big problems.

King of the Manlets
he was pretty badass though, not gonna lie

OP said modern film, hence modern actors
No one there is modern

No, very good to excellent editing makes up for bad performances as it corrects and gives room to several cuts being sewed

But it also ruins good performances by never giving a good actor the time and delivery they deserve.

That's the director's fault if anything, but editing does grant space for shitty actors who tend to be cheap or just a marketing scheme
We can pinpoint a lot of stuff into the director

Christian Bale most certainly does.

This. Bale has 1 character, himself. He always talks in the same tone and everything.

Poor flexibility in terms of character personalities, the mental traits, but he's outstanding at changing visual traits

Sometimes he's gravelly.

you must not watch films then, way to pick a bunch of nobodies and boring fucking white people

David Thewlis
Russel Crowe
Daniel Bruhl
Michael Fassbender
Emma Watson -
Elijah Wood -
Viggo Mortensen -
Tom Hanks
Isabelle Ajdani -
all of them have great voices and tones and shakespearan ways to them and would be good on the stage as well. they can do comedy and drama. the ones marked can act with their eyes extremely well

(checked)

while they are seasoned veterans, a lot of them didn't get big in the spotlight until the last decade or so.

Not many modern ones and Wood is not good with his eyes, at least not in worldwide historical context
Watson can't say because i don't like her eyes and tend to avoid gaze upon them

Entire post invalidated. Faggot waifufag.

Emma is objectively a good actress

Doesn't invalidate their not-modern training, popularity has not a lot to do here.

She's good enough, but haven't seen her flexibility, if you know what i mean.

A few of his performances are good the rest are meh.

Have you seen Mad Max? Listen to him having a shitty accent that change from scene to scene.