Why didn't they always look like this?

Why didn't they always look like this?
These designs are way cuter.

Craig McCracken was never going for "Cute" though. That entire point of the show was 3 girls who got superpowers drinking a can of whoopass.

I wouldn't be surprised if those "cute" designs in your pic was entirely the results of the Korean Animation studio they outsourced to taking pointers from some directors. It does have a very Easter influence

This guy serious?

Because it'll be more expensive to animate
Duh

Fuck, I've already watched the clip a couple days ago, but I already forgot what this scene was called so now I can't find it again.

These designs look familiar. They look like these drawings of a girl who was in this series of books where she would go into bible stories. I forget the name of that book series though.

The big eyed girl from dexters lab is probably it

Love getting Faiz trips

No, those designs are hideous

Yes I am, in interviews he said he didn't like the PPG being plastered all over girly-girl merchandise, so he tried making the movie extra-dark

Those designs are horrifying looking. I guess it's fitting for how they're freak lab accidents, but the actual Powerpuff Girls are way cuter.

Probably would have made a better teen episode.

Jesus.

amputee blow up dolls

Literal monsters.

As long as they beat the crap out of Supervillains im cool with it.

t. freaks

Superbook?

these niggas serious?

I honestly like these designs a bit more but they're not really as iconic as the originals. Their original designs set them apart, the more humanized versions would've been playing it safe and could have worked but not nearly as memorable.

You've got a point.
At the time, yeah it might have been generic.
But at the same time, I think the closer they look to real girls, the funnier the whole premise is, you know?
Also, that may have been playing it unsafe then, but ugly designs are the norm nowadays

Your "improved" PPG design looks boring and normal. It has no impact whatsoever.

my improved? it's literally from the show, jackass.
they're simply cute little girls, and I protest that having them look more like little girls instead of freaks wouldn't make them beating the shit out of villains have more impact

I can't help but think you just want them more attractive for yourself. I bet you'd love something more in line with PPG-Z. Can't you waifufags leave anything alone?

fuck no you've got me all wrong.
I just like cute little girls, brah

See? it almost seems cartoon creators want to make ugly characters, they dont have to be "sexy" to be appealing, just well designed/ drawn.

mmm looks like call arts "potato head" but with considerably smaller cheeks.

Yeah PPG-Z were so weak-ass they make MCU Thor look buff. I guess that showing physically strong women in a show for little girls is or at leas twas a big taboo in Japan.

you cannot be this stupid

That actually makes sense