VENOM FILM TO START PRODUCTION THIS FALL

Eli Bailey
Eli Bailey

Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock in #Venom, the upcoming film from Sony’s Marvel Universe releasing October 5, 2018 – production starts this fall.

twitter.com/SonyPictures/status/865629713225572352

well Holla Forums its finally happening and it's the big guy himself

All urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SonyPictures/status/865629713225572352
archive.is/mescK#selection-491.0-491.63
archive.is/jivEj

Adrian Martin
Adrian Martin

big guy plays the big guy
Cue the 300 posts by Brockfags.
Sounds nice on paper, but I'm sure there'll be a million problems and it will end up trash.

James Wood
James Wood

deadpool and logan were okay, better than what marvel has been doing anyway.

Camden Rivera
Camden Rivera

Found this article:
archive.is/mescK#selection-491.0-491.63
Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing, along with Amy Pascal.
(((Amy Pascal)))
It's going to be shit. Pascal will do everything she can to turn it into a Venom: Progressive Propaganda Edition. She was a "mastermind" behind Amazing Spider-Man, Homecoming, and Ghost Busters after all. Even if director are remaining crew will genuinely want to make something good, being stuck between Pascal and Hardy (who is also a feminist) will be a problem.

Sebastian Roberts
Sebastian Roberts

Can Sony just die already? Nobody cares about their shitty attempts to keep the Spider Man rights.

Austin Rivera
Austin Rivera

All I know is he suggested replacing Snake's usual VA with Hollywood Man

Juan Torres
Juan Torres

Deadpool felt forced.
Watched Logan yesterday, great violence, great performance by Patrick Stewart and Hugh "Jeguy" Jackman, little girl was fine until she started talking, everything else was shit.
SPOILERS:
why enhance mercs if they don't do anything with their hands?
why whipe out mutants?
why is it not just called Weapon X corp.?
why black farmers and redneck sheriff?
why not shoot the kids while they're in sight?
why run while aiming if the kids are not in sight and you're not going to shoot them anyway?
why keep Steven Merchant's DNA if the movie is over and dr. Rice is dead?
why don't the kids use their powers to fight off the merc right away instead of waiting to get caught and/or shot?
why is adamantium suddenly poisonous to wolverine of all people?
why keep Xavier's first stroke a secret from the audience or why it happens?
why do we watch so much of another old movie in this movie?
why is the only new invention in the future a self-driving truck/combiner?
why introduce the serum like it's some sort of deus ex machina that's supposed to make you go mad if you overdose, but not really do anything of note with it?
where were they going to go with the Sunrider if mutants all over the world are being hunted down and exterminated?
why was Logan having such a hard time walking across the hall with his claws in the wall if he could stand still without grabbing onto anything and not fall over / fly backwards?
I really liked the action in the movie and the violence was just my cup of tea: energetic, fast, chunky and gory enough to look brutal, but not edgy.

(((Amy Pascal)))
All is lost

Jaxon Cox
Jaxon Cox

I understand the goddamn kikess but Hardy? Has he ever tried to meddle with any script?

Matthew Campbell
Matthew Campbell

Venom?

Brayden Price
Brayden Price

All he did was suggest Kojima get Kiefer Sutherland. Which was not a bad choice, as it turns out

Carson Ross
Carson Ross

It worked for that particular portrayal

Joshua Adams
Joshua Adams

The monkey's paw strikes again! Our local Brock fanboy will be heartbroken once it's shown all it's signs of shit.

Jordan Myers
Jordan Myers

I just hope there will be memes

Blake Torres
Blake Torres

Amy Pascal is basically betting her career on Venom and Spider Man being a success.
Venom has to fail in order to finally destroy Amy Pascal

Benjamin Flores
Benjamin Flores

If the movie looks like it'll suck then we can just let it happen. Then watch the fire burn and meme the Venom comic to stay good.

Nathan Harris
Nathan Harris

Hang on
In the comics Bane takes the drug VENOM

Jackson Myers
Jackson Myers

My god, you're right.

Evan Hughes
Evan Hughes

archive.is/jivEj
Has he ever tried to meddle with any script?
Who knows, but after having starring in some high earning films, he might get a big ego and begin meddling. Especially if something would be misogynistic or otherwise triggering.
You never know. Val Kilmer didn't start out as assholes who wanted creative control in films either.

Jayden Wilson
Jayden Wilson

Comes full circle.

Ryder Cox
Ryder Cox

Pascal
I thought she was fired after the Sony email leaks revealed that she intentionally fucked Ghostbusters purely to serve her political agenda, blackmailed the original cast for cameos, and generally didn't give a shit that she drove the profitability of the franchise down the toilet.

Jacob Murphy
Jacob Murphy

What did they mean by this?

Luke Hughes
Luke Hughes

It's like pottery,

Jordan Price
Jordan Price

She got in hot water, but to be more accurate was demoted. A lot of the projects like Spiderman and Ghostbusters were under her reign, and her career is riding on Homecoming and Venom.

Matthew Lee
Matthew Lee

Venom has always been a big guy. Just think anons, soon Venom will be inexplicably linked with bane posting.

Asher Green
Asher Green

blackmailed the original cast for cameos
Remind me, what specifically was the blackmail again?

Jonathan Rodriguez
Jonathan Rodriguez

Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd, Ernie Hudson, and Harold Ramis all signed a contract to appear in any new Ghostbusters movie. They signed this with the idea that any new ghostbusters movie would be Ghostbusters Three and would star the original cast. Sony had to threaten Murray with a breach of contract lawsuit, and had to cajole Hudson and Ackroyd. They tried getting Rick Moranis to cameo in it, but he told them to Gtfo.

Nolan Morris
Nolan Morris

Bill Murray feels dead inside.

Xavier Allen
Xavier Allen

Should have waited for the script before signing that contract.

Jose Morgan
Jose Morgan

I'm surprised it's getting a sequel. Did the first movie do well in the box office?

Ian Sanchez
Ian Sanchez

I'm surprised it's getting a sequel. Did the first movie do well in the box office?
Pfffffftthahahahahaha.

Jacob King
Jacob King

why is it not just called Weapon X corp.?
Because the name is long and retarded, even in the comics. It's not like it matters, they're both just generic "evil" human experiment corporations.

Connor Rivera
Connor Rivera

why black farmers and redneck sheriff?
Why does it matter? It's not really propaganda unless you really want to dig at it. I could see your point if the the woman who is with the black farmer was white and was the wife of the redneck sheriff but I didn't really notice it.
why is adamantium suddenly poisonous to wolverine of all people?
I can imagine having so much metal in your body and your DNA isn't particularly healthy and could degenerate the healing process.
why keep Xavier's first stroke a secret from the audience or why it happens?
So it can be open to your interpenetration and you can come up to your own conclusions on what happened.
why do we watch so much of another old movie in this movie?
It's supposed to be a parallel and a reference to the westerns that inspired Logan.
why is the only new invention in the future a self-driving truck/combiner?
It's not really that far into the future, 2029 it's like 12 years, so I can't imagine there would be crazy, high tech shit like flying cars or lazers.
why introduce the serum like it's some sort of deus ex machina that's supposed to make you go mad if you overdose, but not really do anything of note with it?
Then it's not really a "deus ex machina," a deus ex machina is something that comes out of nowhere at the last second that inexplicable fixes everything, like Jinora in Book II of Korra.
where were they going to go with the Sunrider if mutants all over the world are being hunted down and exterminated?
Not sure what you're talking about with Sunrider, but mutants are not being hunted down and exterminated, they went extinct because not enough of them were being born. Maybe they were hunted down but in this movie, only Logan and the kids are being hunted.
why was Logan having such a hard time walking across the hall with his claws in the wall if he could stand still without grabbing onto anything and not fall over / fly backwards?
Because Professor X was causing people's cerebral to freeze, possibly in a similar seizure that he's having, Logan wasn't as badly affected by it because even though his healing powers are slower, they still work and he's strong enough to move albeit slowly.
Hope I answered your questions.

Ian Miller
Ian Miller

She was fired but with golden parachute. And it was because of the emails, but it was because she, ironically, made racist jokes about Obama

Matthew Davis
Matthew Davis

I see this is another in the long line of Marvel/DC film shilling threads.

What a coincidence that this week suddenly out of the blue comes hype for the new Marvel Films, WW's film and Venom? This must be completely organic.

Jacob Robinson
Jacob Robinson

contract
So she did nothing wrong

Nolan Wilson
Nolan Wilson

Actually I don't think there was any contract. Not for the third film anyway. She either used something in the contract for the first two to force Murray to appear, or else she just straight up threatened lawsuit.

Aiden Sanders
Aiden Sanders

This is neither marvel or dc dumbass its sony maybe read the thread next time.
Its literally just some news about casting for a movie coming out next year, no one is telling you to go and see it.

Ethan Reed
Ethan Reed

This is neither marvel or dc dumbass its sony maybe read the thread next time.
Venom
This is not marvel
Look buddy just because it's a Sony film doesn't mean Venom is suddenly not Marvel.

Its literally just some news about casting for a movie coming out next year, no one is telling you to go and see it.
It's literally just hyping up a movie like we tried to do with the Wonder Woman movie thread despite all the signs pointing to the film being shit, stop calling out our ops!
Your employer pays you too much.

Isaiah Miller
Isaiah Miller

He has a point, whether or not this is a shill thread doesn't mean it's done by the same shills as the other two threads. The movies come from three different studios that all want the others to fail.

Hunter Lee
Hunter Lee

Forgive me for sharing with Holla Forums news about a upcoming film based on a comic book. I should have known that no one would want to know this or discuss this here at all.

Evan Rivera
Evan Rivera

((( ))) is producing

Shocker, a blockbuster is made with Jewish money.

Joshua Torres
Joshua Torres

It's not a shill, it's an user who uses social media and quickly makes threads about upcoming films/film news on here, /tv/ and /b/.
If you check the other two boards right now, you'll also see the Supernatural/Scooby-Doo thread and Black Lightning thread, with the same OP image/video. Obviously, he's not a shill working for DC, Marvel, Sony, CW and WB. There'd be a breach of contract :^)

Josiah Cooper
Josiah Cooper

Pascal is on another level of horrible. She literally wanted to make an all-female team superhero film called Glass Ceiling. Arad is a Jew too, but he is in for the money not ideology, and at least has a few decent films on his resume. Just watch to have a glimpse at how horrid she is.

Ryan Gutierrez
Ryan Gutierrez

I literally saw it posted on twitter and posted it here, stay paranoid.

Julian Allen
Julian Allen

Reading comprehension.
It may save your life one day.

Austin Young
Austin Young

Nah he'll make excuses, insist it's actually "based", and try to shill it here. Also he'll spam those same pics of his waifu brock

Jeremiah Jones
Jeremiah Jones

to be completely brutally honest Murray deserved that kind of treatment
after all he turned down script for gb3 after another in order to star in such hit films like (((Garfield)))

fuck you billy boy you're not getting any sympathy from me

Bentley Collins
Bentley Collins

It's beautiful.

Robert Walker
Robert Walker

FUCK YES!!!!!, THIS IS SO COOL!

Xavier Sanchez
Xavier Sanchez

8/co/ didn't just meme Eddie into Venom again, we memed Venom into meme history. Holla Forums meme magic confirmed!

James James
James James

/fecesbook/

Leo Baker
Leo Baker

it's the no-fun fag
Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock, Holla Forums's husbando is being played by /tv/'s favorite actor. I don't know why you wouldn't be excited for this.

Daniel Ward
Daniel Ward

I think that this is more of a sign from Kek that Brock is one of his chosen avatars. Kee a close eye on Brock going forward because the meme God speaks to us through his actions. Glory be to Kek.

Daniel Clark
Daniel Clark

Themes and elements in Brock comics:

psyops
cancer
vigilante justice
innocence vs evil
struggling with inner demons
can a man ever change?

Just a few, what do you think they mean?

Evan White
Evan White

he's a big guy for spider-man

Asher Rivera
Asher Rivera

we
Holla Forums is one person
venomfag shilling again
please.

Ayden Thomas
Ayden Thomas

He didn't want to make another Ghostbusters 2. He wanted to make something good.

As for why he did Garfield, rumour going around was that he confused Joel Cohen, the film's writer, with Joel Coen, half of the Coen brothers

Jacob Ward
Jacob Ward

I only remember the bill murray bullying, you got any facts of the other stuff?

Jayden Ross
Jayden Ross

only one person on Holla Forums participates in Venom threads
wew

Benjamin Davis
Benjamin Davis

Holy smoke that's true!

Andrew Green
Andrew Green

Let's look at how themes of Brock stories translate into chan culture/the chosen people of Kek

psyops
Plenty of that on chan. Shills are essentially psyop agents and they're everywhere

vigilante justice
Basically whenever a bunch of anons stop jerking off to traps and hentai and do something positive, which happens from time to time (/pol/ finding ISIS camps and informing the Russians for bombing runs comes to mind)

can a man ever change?
I'd wager 90% people here wish they were better in some way (more /fit/, smarter, less of a NEET etc) Brocks struggle to be a better person is the struggle of an average chan user, if a little more dramatic.

cancer
Brock has cancer. We are cancer. Poetry.

Cooper Collins
Cooper Collins

woah

Jaxon Perez
Jaxon Perez

Brock has cancer. We are cancer. Poetry.
Truly, it rhymes.

Noah Richardson
Noah Richardson

This might be good if they managed to snag Tom Hardy.

Evan Lee
Evan Lee

Tom Hardy is Eddie brock, aka Venom
Fuck yea, I'll be looking forward to this…
By Sony
…tentatively.

Ian Roberts
Ian Roberts

Homecoming is still Marvel's brainchild.

They're using Homecoming to trick people into thinking their upcoming "spiderman universe" movies are a part of the MCU which they'll cement with the 6th movie with the current spiderman's contract.

I'd be more worried about Avi Arad. He was the asshole who ruined the original Spiderman series.

deadpool felt forced.
It was many things but forced.

Nathan Ross
Nathan Ross

Homecoming looks like complete trash. The Venom movie is lucky to have no connection to that dumpsterfire that is the Marvel Television Universe.

Evan Hall
Evan Hall

Sony shill please.

Joshua Diaz
Joshua Diaz

Well maybe it was just me, but sitting in the theater and with jokes being only half funny and the entire theater roaring with laughter it felt awkward. I was only laughing because everyone else was laughing, it was a pleasant atmosphere.
awkward
pleasant
MAKE UP YOUR MIND
that's what I'm trying to say, if it wasn't for a room full of people laughing and having a good time I wouldn't have had as much fun as I did. I guess using the word "forced" wasn't the right way to go.
I've heard about Deadpool's production and how passionate Ryan Reynolds was about this project, but I can't shake the feeling that it's overrated. I would not watch it again, especially alone.
…Then again, I've rewatched Margin Call like 3 times, so make of that what you will.

Liam Ortiz
Liam Ortiz

Didn't you forgot about someone? Post your best role predictions guys!

Lincoln Wilson
Lincoln Wilson

CIA for Carnage.

Alexander Martin
Alexander Martin

CIA for a cucked Peter standin.

Blake Young
Blake Young

CIA for Mac Gargan.

Christopher Rodriguez
Christopher Rodriguez

muh quips
Marvel movies suck, that has nothing to do with Sony, or Fox, or DC.

Brayden Taylor
Brayden Taylor

Wouldn't CIA be better as Commissioner Gordon?

Samuel Russell
Samuel Russell

No joke, casting CIA in this movie would probably make it mandatory viewing material. Because they'd have to know what they'd be doing if they did that. The first film made to cater to memelords

Realistically, he's not carnage. Here's hoping he's a member of the Jury or one of the five life foundation symbioties

Luke Gonzalez
Luke Gonzalez

Symbiocide posting is strong itt. Reminder that Eddie brock isn't real and you'll never get to suck his cock
inb4 this shit flops

Ian Foster
Ian Foster

it's real in my mind
I see you sperging out all over Holla Forums and /tv/ about this guy that doesn't post here. You've yet to provide any evidence that Brockposting is all one guy.

Xavier Johnson
Xavier Johnson

There is definitely a guy on Holla Forums who does the majority of posting about Eddie Brock and Venom. Which is fine, but he goes overboard.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit