Conservative reading of zizek?

So I'm an educated American conservative, and I actually read zizek. Mostly just three quarters of welcome to the desert of the real, but I also listened to a lot of his lectures.

I have to say, he's really got me thinking. I particulary like the way he talks about nonwhite terrorists, criminals, etc. in that yes, thier environment created them, but yet they are still responsible for thier actions. Treating them as people with no agency as the left does is dangerous, and extremely racist, since they do not even give them the dignity to be evil.

By the same token, Even though Isis arose from "unjust" war, the fact is that what they are doing are still willful acts. I like what he says on this subject in welcome to the desert of the real, where he says we (America) should still kill off Isis, but do so with an air of duty rather than revenge.

And in regards to Islam, we should not be afraid to call it what it is, and not give it's believers free choice in selecting practicing Islam, since Islam is always accepted by force, never by choice. If it appears chosen, it is under the spell of ideology.

In regards to refugees, following the same logic, we should not be afraid to integrate them by force, and de islamisize them. We should also make counties like sauidi Arabia take them in since they are culturally similar.

In general, I really like the way slavoj zizek thinks, he's very original and insightful, and doesn't give a shit about political correctness. Obviously I disagree with him on the communist bit, but then again one shouldn't agree with everything a philosopher says

As zizek says, and I agree, you cannot force integration. It needs to happen at a safe distance. Forcing it will just make the cultural differences more apparant and create friction between the cultures - leading to more radical islam and therefore more toxic anti islam (you can see how this feeds into itself) .

leftists dont even take zizek seriously

Force it in the sense of not letting them form ghettos, mosques, etc.

we are all under the spell of ideology. read Zizek.

You think people want to form ghettos? They are formed out of necessity because housing isnt easy to come by.
The Calais jungle is a product of the chaotic form of mass immigration and economic desperation.
I disagree banning mosques. I think measures could perhaps be taken to "combat" more radical strains of islam but it's hard to say what exactly - most possibilities would probably make things worse.
Ghettos should be prevented on the level of material conditions - providing proper housing. It's the same with homelessness - you can't just say "stop them being homeless" you must offer a solution.

Also, I really love his critique of multiculturalism. That, my gott, I don't want to even know what kind of things my pajeet neighbor does.

why should we base our policies on whether muzzies will like them or not?

Because we can see what happens when we have as much cultural friction as we do now - especially in france.

Alright, that's pretty reasonable

People don't really form ghettoes by choice m8.

Why shouldn't they be allowed to form Mosques? It isn't the business of the state to tell people who to worship tbh, and this will only force any moderates to the fringe.

Is it normal if I read a Zizek book and remember absolutely nothing about it? It was the first time I had read anything on that level.

What book did you read?

First as Tragedy, Then as Farce
I was 17 at the time

I have yet to read that and his other books. But from his style it probably makes heavy use of psychoanalytic language, so I can understand.

Maybe thats just because of my perspective.

Zizek is secret fascist Trump plant and I love him for it.

Is there any shred of doubt left that Zizek is a reactionary tool? Racists and rightists flock to him more than any actual leftists.

this tbqh famalamadingdong

Zizek is not antiIslam, he has actually written books about the emancipatory potential of Islam. But yes as you said he is against fraudelent liberal multiculturalism and patronizing neoracism.

If your interpretation works for you thats great, glad to hear your perspective though I dont have much to add.

Good for you, OP.

Maybe one day you can stop supporting your own wage slavery to capital, though. That would make more sense.

Right on, dude, after we kill the jews, the muzzies and the niggers then we can get back to solving "wage slavery".

Except when you kill all the focus of hate then you will have to invent another one. Red heads or fused earlobes or something else ridiculous - they will be the new focus.

He's "reactionary" because he's not a stupid Tankie or some idiotic idpol leftist. I swear the modern left loves whining about ideological purity or trannies more than making communism a reality.

Nice try, Mick.

I know that this is a semantic barrier between us, but please don't call liberals "left" here.
I don't think he's talking about forceably de-islamising people, he's just saying that you can't be desperate to move to another country and then act indignant that people don't respond well to you criticising the culture.

Or marxists.