Several Devumi customers acknowledged that they bought bots because their careers had come to depend, in part...

nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/27/technology/social-media-bots.html

Realistically how many accounts on Twitter are fake?

I'm thinking 70%+.

Other urls found in this thread:

buzzfeed.com/craigsilverman/the-publisher-of-newsweek-and-the-international-business
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Easily 90% of left-leaning Twitter accounts are bots

It's an across the board issue, on Twitter you'll see apolitical accounts with 2 million followers on average getting 2 retweets and 10 likes on their tweets.

The whole thing is a confidence scam, people think it's more popular than it is so they feel they have to use Twitter to be relevant which sets off a never ending spiral that Twitter can cash in on.

529k followers.

Her best content gets 14 retweets and 39 likes.

and NY Times confirms her retweets and likes are coming from Devumi.

So basically no one on Twitter is interacting with this person but by Twitter's metrics she's hugely popular and is making a lot of money out of that fake popularity.

Makes you think.

Why are they giving them so much money if almost all of their followers are bots?

because these companies are run by people and people take things at face value, it doesn't occur to them that things might not be as they seem.

This Arabella Daho likely only has about 30 real followers but the people at Amazon, Nintendo and Disney giving her money don't know that.

They do. Consumers don't and journalists conveniently ignore that fact since they use the same bots to appear relevant.

I fucking want to burn down all of social media for this shit. Some teen kids are getting paid for doing literally nothing while other people slave away their health for a pittance.

You could literally be doing it right now

Born a sucker.

GNU Social is nice. I don't have a twatter

GNUsocialites are like vegetarians or "bitcoin investers"
They can't stop talking about it

I've been on it for months and haven't mentioned it up until this moment

No user. Think for a second.
Why would you spend money on followers if you could get banned for wrong think at any second? Yeah you wouldn't.
Bots only appear on twitterally correct accounts and shill accounts.

Enjoy your walled-garden of shillbots, retard.

same. above faggot comparing us to vegetarians prompted a comment. I, for one, hope he dies of AIDS.

So what's stopping me from starting my own twitter where I do 30 second reviews of random crap like clothes and gadgets, and dropping a few grand for 1 mil followers? Won't I make that back and then some from sponsorships and affiliate deals?

I'm pretty sure the ones that auto respond to Trump are bots. Perhaps the later replies are by real people, but you see some that reply within seconds of his tweet.

and I mean the same accounts over and over again, replying very quickly.

This isn't me cherry picking, this is the standard for many big accounts. I've seen accounts with tens of followers that get far more engagement than accounts that supposedly have millions of followers. Something is really off about Twitter's numbers.

Can't they get active bots?

buzzfeed.com/craigsilverman/the-publisher-of-newsweek-and-the-international-business

Last year some anons found that many of the biggest media outlets were using Chinese gold farmers to farm ad clicks.

Truth is, hate chan probably gets 5x the traffic as the NYT.

It's hard for normal people to join twitter also. 90% of the time they ask for your phone number and even normies are wary of that shit.

They don't ask for your number when signing up through the mobile page, funny enough.

Would there be a way to crash these fucking bots with no survivors? I doubt there'd be much you could do about it, but the bot traffic must be coming out of a server farm somewhere. It'd be interesting to see what Twitter actually looks like when they're removed; it might be a wakeup call for normalfags to realize how hollow and manufactured their social media experience is.

Found an interesting tidbit on a NYTimes article. It seems that more is going on with this Devumi company than just botting. Interestingly enough, it seems that this specific company has also made a lot of headlines recently; it seems that all the news articles are less than a week old. Scandal's fresh, I'd guess.

Most of these server farms are Amazon AWS and today like 90% of everything is on there... if you try to block them then you blocked A LOT of stuff

I am not a teenage girl.

Why not

bump