ZombiKino

This is objectively correct.

Wouldn't Shawn of tbe dead be quintesential reddit zomino?

We're more Night of the Living Dead tbqh

This is objectively backwards.
>>>/reddit/

Night of the Living Dead is pure kino.
Well, except for the black guy turning into a zombie for no reason.

*quips your path*

TWD goes to reddit
Cuckchan can keep Dawn of the Dead
We should get Return of the Living Dead

That would be too generous. Zombi 2 is still better though.

Second

All zombie films go to reddit.

what the fuck are you going on about
the black guy is the only one who doesn't turn into a zombie

The black guy never dies first in horror movies

pic related is the most kino zombie film

Night of the Living Dead is most certainly Holla Forums. Not only is it the best movie in its genre, but its one of the only things that gets the terminology correct - calling the animated dead "ghouls" rather than "zombies". This is a major issue, as "zombie" refers to a corpse animated through the use of magical means to serve the controller, whereas a "ghoul" is a typically self-animated creature which consumes human flesh.

Being superior, enlightened critics of not film, but pure K I N O, it is therefore almost a requirement that infinitechan is linked to this work of art, which actually served to shape the genre, rather than simply trying to "reinterpret" it. Night of the Living Dead, for example, has more in common with the Walking Dead or Dawn of the Dead than they do each other; yet it is different and superior to both. Yet despite setting the imagery and a few of the tropes, it also places itself above lesser films by not using them. Black guy dies first? That's just a meme from later. And other factors that came later, like the "muh society" of Walking Dead? Night of the Living Dead manages to do that better in its last 10 minutes than any of the long rants of bullshit in modern zombishit.

There can be no debate - fullchan is represented solely by Night of the Living Dead. Not nuzombie bullshit.

Inferior version of Last Man on Earth tbh

Reddit: Quip-filled dumb 'dark comedy'
4chan: Classic gorefest zombie action films
Holla Forums: Zombie films that aren't actually about zombies at all, but use zombies in a fresh and clever way to tell new stories

Now we're talking.

Pontypool was pretentious canuck trash

Defines Holla Forums pretty well.

This site summed up.

I didn't say they were bad or uncreative, just that they fit the mould of the prototypical zombie film where you go in to see lots of people and zombies get fucked up in awful ways. I'm not gonna fault the films for that because you can't criticise a film for not being something it was never trying to be in the first place.

Actually you can. It's the basis of most good criticism.

Nor did I make any statement about their quality. I'm not criticizing the films, I'm criticizing your characterization of them
But they don't have fucking zombies, so they don't fit your description.

Superior taste, anons. Came here to post the same.

funny way to spell kino

What're you talking about?
He gets shot or stabbed and locks himself in the basement, then turns into a zombie.
The lady kills him the next morning.

Lmao

are you retarded or something, he locks himself in the basement until the morning, then the next day the posse mistake him for a zombie and shoot him

Fullchan likes good movies, so trash like that clearly doesn't count.

wew, trips confirm

But that's wrong. The only thing that makes that movie superior is it's lighting and cinematography. The gore, the makeup, the lore, and the score are lacking. Zombi 2 is the best.

it's shit and not /ourmovie/

Zombi has some some cinematography though

You'd probably prefer a dick anyway

gays are not welcome on this board, user

The cinematography is actually amazing, in case you think it's bad.

Zombi 2 is overrated as fuck. Fulci hated Argento because he was jealous of his talent. I'm fine with liking Fulci, but it's the McDonald's of horror movies. You go in for the gore pretty much and nothing else.

men dont look at life thru a prism of fear. that's female reasoning. the ones who experience this fear are aging women, afraid of being usurped by younger women.

the only thing i worry about is getting trapped by a BPD pyschoslut who is knowledgeable in birth control tampering.

Yeah I meant I would not give NotLD the point in that category, I just didn't English right

Don't be a dope, it goes

1) soundtrack
2) visuals
3) gore
4) nudity

in that order

You need to watch more terrible movies to Fulci in the proper perspective

More than jealously, Fulci disliked Argento because he didn't really like the straightforward plot and direction of Argento's movies, yet they're much more popular. Later in his life, he was dying of diabetes and complained that his works will be forgotten when he dies, unlike Argento's. The proof is he loved and greatly respected Mario Bava, a more well known director than Argento.

No dude. The visuals, editing, and music of his films are top notch. The plot might sound incoherent to you, but it gives an enigmatic feel. It's very similar to Luis Bunuel, Fulci is borderline art house.

Please, Fulci's movies are not complex in anyway. I've seen probably 12 of them. There's no deep story there. The themes Argento played with were better and more intricate. He may not use regular narrative bullshit, but there's more meaning in his films than Fulci's. The only Fulci film I saw that I thought was really good was One on Top of the Other, mainly because it was nothing like a Fulci film honestly. Calling Argento's direction straight forward is a good indication you are liar or have never seen any of this films. There's nothing as stylistically strong as a vintage Argento film.

I don't hate Fulci, but it's obvious he got high on his own supply in that regard, and Argento was even classy enough to try to make a movie with him when he felt bad about his health.

About Bava, Argento's Oeuvre has surpassed Bava at this point. Bava is the father of the genre, but Argento surpassed him for sure with stuff like Deep Red. I don't know of an collaborations Bava did with Fulci, but Bava certainly did some with Argento and knew Argento was the guy who should produce his son's movies to ensure his success.

All BS. I'm someone who watched Jean Rollin films. Fulci does nothing for me in regards to any of that. Don't know what great music came out of Fulci films, but you can contribute that to people like Morricone who worked with Argento as well.

fucking faggots, holy shit they let you out of grade school early

>>>/r9k/

What constitutes as deep to you? Argento just used a bunch of social commentary, that's not deep in regard of art. Fulci's plot works like a poetry, for example is blindness and hell in The Beyond as metaphor for atheists who think that God wouldn't let the suffering on earth exist.

Suspiria and Inferno are the least linear looking films I've seen. Yet they seem artificially impressionist or even abstract in juxtaposition with Fulci. You can see a bunch of nazi and freemason symbolism in Suspiria. This straightforward symbolism is not something Fulci would do, Fulci's films can stand on it's own meaning without being analyzed. Fulci's symbolism is meta-symbolism, meaning that it can Interpreted in an indefinite way, that's the reason why he's less straightforward.

Argento's stylistic films feel artificial as well, for the reason I explained above. Even when working with impressionism and the dreamlike, Fulci is down to earth. "Four of The Apocalypse", "Cat in The Brain", and "New York Ripper" are the examples.

I wasn't impressed by Profondo Rosso, it was just a simple film about a crime story. It's done well, but nothing majestic in regard of giallo horror. Don't Torture a Duckling is better.

Unsurprisingly.

The music in Fulci's films is rather simplistic. His top choice of composer, Fabio Frizzi, was obviously not as experienced as Morricone or Goblin, but Fulci knew what exact mood he wanted to him convey. Even the abrasive, structureless synth track used in the short village sequence in Zombi 2 was very menacing

Magical undead are better than virus-shit. GoT whites are an exception because GoT is shit tier fantasy watered down for normalfags

sage for zombie thread

My point is that Fulci has even less flair for filmmaking than Rollin and his totally off the rails, slow as molasses pacing with Ed Wood tier makeup. Fulci is patrician taste, pal. But you seem to be one of the hand full of people out there that has convinced yourself he's better than Argento, which is just pure contrarianism, and no better than the people that think Gordon Lews is better. Fulci's movies are pretty artless. His attempts at art in his films fall flat. So what you are left with is someone who still has a reputation because he pushed the envelope with gore. Arguing that Fulci's ugly ass boring film is better than Romero's is also full on retarded. You're a fanboy.

Deep Red is a masterpiece that not only reinvented giallo, it reinvented slashers period. Don't Torture a Duckling is pure schlock. Like I said you're a liar. Fuck, Fulci probably isn't even the top 5 directors of giallos. Even What Have You Done to Solange is better than every film Fulci directed. Short Night of Glass Dolls is better than every film Fulci directed. House of Laughing Windows is better than every film Fulci directed. You can like his films, but the only way he compares to anyone in the genre is due to the fact he was prolific and kept cranking out the kind of genre movies theaters wnated to play at that point. I'd say he's more like Franco tier. Argento on the other hand made the genre into a fire artform. Even the movies he only produced are several times classier than anything Fulci put to film. If he hadn't had died, his best movie would have probably been the one Argento wanted to produce honestly.

Live and let Die is the superiour Zombie-kino.

Completely agree. It's easier for me to suspend my disbelief when they entire premise is already supernatural.

What rails?

Next you'll say that Tarkovsky is shit. Slow pacing is useful for preserving an image, it gives you more time to be immersed.

Compared to what? Painting a guy blue and call it a zombie? Fulci's makeup is always excellent. I don't even really understand what you mean by that, Ed Wood has nothing to do with corpses.

By what standard?

What if that's the artistic direction Fulci aimed for? New York Ripper won't be half as charming if it wasn't offensively sleazy and ugly, because that's what Fulci's portrayal of 70's NYC is, ugly and sleazy.

And you can't deny that the gore is better than anyone would make. Even small things such as Fulci's quick zoom on bleeding open wound aren't something to be found in other giallos.

I find your arguments unsatisfying. Classier? Artless? Those aren't elaborate enough as an argument.

I was referring to Jean Rollin's movies you retard. Do you have a problem with reading? I'm saying Rollin's movies have more art in them than Fucli's, despite how bad Rollin's movies may be on a technical level. And it's not just New York Ripper that is ugly. All his film's are ugly as shit. As an "artist" his shots are a muddled drab mess.

Wrong again. The gore in film's like Suspiria, Tenebre and Phenomena blow away anything in Fulci's films. No one does gore set-pieces like Argento.

Anyways, I'm done talking to you. You're a pretentious contrarian that has convinced yourself of an untruth as a knee jerk reaction to a director feud. Even Land of the Dead is a better film than Zombi 2. Fuck half the reason anyone even talks about Zombi 2 is because of the gimmick zombie vs. shark scene.

The theme of all his films are ugly.

No zombie film in history can remotely beat these shots.

Nothing can beat squishing out a handful of brain out of the skull in City of the Living Dead.

Reddit's that way bro. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Argento is the George Lucas of Italy tbh, he just came up with ideas and let everyone else do the work for him and took credit

just look at where Argento's career went after the 1980s, straight down and never any sign of improvement.

Lucio Fulci on the other hand was very talented and involved in his films but completely hamstrung by budgets/producers, largely because of his artistic temperament and stubborn reluctance to ever water down what he wanted to do. After they realised that he could be made into a controversy magnet, that's all they'd let him be. Fulci hated zombies and never wanted to do another film with them after Z2, but because producers knew they could get a quick buck by pairing Fulci and zombies they forced him to incorporate them into more films - the most infamous case being The Beyond. It's hard for non Italian audiences to give a valid opinion on Fulci because so little of his work has actually made it out of Italy, particularly his earlier works. But just look at his giallo films, they were consistently brilliant, One on Top of the Other, Lizard in a Woman's Skin and especially Don't Torture a Duckling stand as among the pinnacles of the genre.

I'll have to watch it again.

Romero's film push LITERAL CUCKOLDRY and are hence reddit.

MY FUCKING NIGGER

Both of these endings are correct: one is the original, the other is the early 90s remake

what is this from?

return of the living dead

FTFY

It's not even a zombie movie either.

Death Valley was pretty good if you are into elitist kino.

Shaun of the Deaddit is the quintessential Reddit zombie film. It's completely indefensible. Edgar Wright is Reddit: The Director. There are so many quips it'll make your head spin. They have maybe four or five funny jokes in each film. Certain American audiences don't see how completely unfunny it is because they are entranced by the britishness of Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. They are awful awful films. To make it worse, they make the criminally bad move of injecting serious non-comedic action into a comedy film. STOP. THAT. It's fucking retarded and tonally inconsistent.

Well I thought it was pretty nice

Not entirely zombie, but quintessential.

It's an unofficial sequel ripoff designed to trick people into thinking it's a sequel. I don't know how much lower you can go. Fulci couldn't slurp Romero or Argento's balls.

This is precisely the reason why I was initially surprised that Hot Fuzz was classed as a comedy after watching it, especially considering how straight everything was played. Take away the obvious comic relief like the swan, replace the actors (aside from Timmy D of course, his specialty is playing menacing psychopaths), turn down the corniness factor a little and you could've had a compelling crime drama with a metric shit-ton of action. When you can begin to fathom the concept that your comedy could conceivably happen in the universe of an action franchise, or better still, the real world, you haven't made a comedy, plain and simple.

That's just marketing though

shamefur drispray

these niggas get it

this is the saddest post on Holla Forums right now

second saddest , after yours , anyways

About once a week I read something so stupid that I'm completely astounded. If one ever needed proof that Holla Forums and image boards in general are full of literal retards here it is.

Please, God I hope I don't have to read anything else this sophomoric today.

Oh well.

You faggots don't even know kino.

Except you. Though I knew it as Dead Alive.

What did they mean by this?

He's right though.

Saddest post for the saddest board.

His movies ARE good.