Star Trek: TNG

I've only watched TOS and the movies, are there any good episodes in this show or is it just an ocean of preachy shitlib drivel?

If you need an anonymous asshole's recommendation before watching something, I strongly suggest you watch a bullet firing from a gun from the active end, you lazy cunt.

"Guyz people tell me I should drink water, please tell me why this is good or bad because either I'm incapable of making decisions for myself or I actually want to but want attention for it".

Oh in that case you wont' notice the cheese factor for the first couple of seasons. Its fine just try it you pussy.

this tbh

All Star Trek is trash. Yes even DS9, permavirgins.

>>>/strek/

Most of the episodes are trash with a few good ones. but this series has the least amount of boring none episodes compared to all the others. Voyager being the worst. Anything with Data or Picard as the main character is usually good. Worfs episodes are usually good as long as it doesn't include his kid. Turofag wesley should be skipped at all costs and is the biggest turn off from early episodes. Riker isn't too bad, but most of his episodes include Diana who is even worse than wesley.

If your looking for comfy space show i would recommend Babylon 5 instead.

there are some good episodes in TNG, but DS9 is fucking terrible. its only redeeming features are Quark, O,brian and the space battles in the last season.

DS9 > TNG = TOS > TAS > ENT > VOY >>>>>> STD

WRONG
ENT > TOS > TAS > TNG > DS9 > VOY > Shit > STD

DS9 is an exposé on the Holocaust hoax

Showing why Holla Forums is beyond shit and plebbit in two posts.

It's the kind of liberalism that couldn't be created in today's """liberal""" Holywood. 10 years ago I'd consider it preachy and cliche-ridden, but with how far the left has gone, it's almost refreshing. Racial collectivists on either side probably won't appreciate it much.

go back to youtube, sargon

Seriously though, was watching some DS9 again, how many godamn "alternate universes", "different timeline" and "iiit was all a dreeeeam" episodes are there?
I mean good lord, if you want to get crazy with a plot you can allways just write it off on an alien virus morphing the crew into animals or some idiotic sentient anomaly fucking everyones shit.
Even Voyager of all things was better at this then DS9.

Alright then. Feel free to disregard my assessment and go watch TNG, only to get mad when it goes against your politics.

I'm sure you love the nogs fucking dem white wimminz in DS9 too.

I found DS9 to be a bad knockoff of Babylon 5. Captain baldfag and his crew of merry queers were admittedly much less interesting than the blend of nazi spies, differently flavoured jews and in general more colorful crew of DS9 but the thing that makes and breaks Star Trek for me is the exploratory element. The reason I so deeply enjoyed TOS despite the many issues the show had was the exploration of the frontier and how each new episode featured something new.

>>>/strek/

In some respects TOS and everything else besides DS9 are more set up as a mystery of the week show like X-Files or even a detective show.
There's sideplots going around providing some background information on characters, but the episodes tend to be firmly rooted in some kind of confusing shit going down and the crew having to confront it one way or another.
In DS9 there is a lot of overarching plot between episodes which usually means characters can't move around, you're stuck with the same scenery all the time, so a lot more time is being spent exploring the characters and a lot of time has to be filled between big plot episodes, leading to such things as dream episodes being common.

In effect, while the overarching plot in DS9 and the characterization tend to be better, individual episodes of TOS or TNG tend to be more enjoyable because the plot is far less constrained by space politics and that god damn space station.

Exactly. The banter and chemistry between the TOS trio is better than anything in DS9 if you ask me though. Star Trek is golden age science fiction pulp, I don't think that's a mode that really fit with the space station concept.

Seasons 1 thru 4 are absolutely great, though season 1 is very corny at times. Season 3's cliffhanger chills me every time, but you will only truly appreciate it if you watch every episode leading up to it since it plays strongly on the relationship you have developed with the crew.

Season 5 is good, but I think it loses its spark in 6 and 7, though the entire series is great.

I recommend just starting from the first episode and watching them all, skipping episodes you find boring if you're that much of a shallow cunt

Well, TOS keeps a very strong focus on the big three, whereas in DS9 it's kind of all over the place, similar to GOT almost, because it just has so many characters.
It doesn't help either that Sisko and Worf are both basically angry black men.

Watch the episode The Neutral Zone.

COMPUTER DELET THIS

TNG is good but its a bit of a different flavour than the original series. Theres good episodes but it doesn't really pick up until after the first season. Not saying the first season is bad but it get better after that.

Funnily, in spite of their best efforts to promote the Utopian idea of a post-capitalist rainbow coalition, TNG's most iconic villain, The Borg, unintentionally are quite possibly the greatest metaphor of globalist hegemony. The Borg are just the Federation in a thousand years, after their conquest of the other great powers in the Alpha Quadrant and their Romulan wrongthink and Cardassian consciousness as a people. But to answer your question, your disposition toward TNG might depend on your disposition toward the sensibilities and styles and motifs and values that appeared relevant at the time to hyu-MAHNS living in late 1980s/ early 1990s earth, southern California. While there's still a sense of good versus evil, the raw philosophical debates and clear-cut moral assurance of TOS are replaced with fashions such as talk therapy, self-doubt, and technological solutions to social dilemmas. You have to be able to enjoy long, introspective conversations inside the ship's "Ten Forward" lounge over white halogen-lit coffee tables and the comfy warp core hum.

For all the talk about DS9 as space opera, the war was prosecuted at high heat for only the last 1-2 seasons, and even then, the long arc was largely interspersed with episodes that were essentially mystery-/monster-of-the-week style episodes, whether or not there was some tangential link to the arc.

The early seasons favored political storylines, and they normally reserved the pew-pew for season finales. The series is often remembered for an over-reliance on action, but I remember there was tons of stuff dealing with spying/intrigue/espionage, first in the Bajoran government and Bajor's religious order, and with the Macqui spies in the Federation, later with the Cardassians' Obsidian Order, they had a guy who was basically a retired spy living on the station, they were manipulated by the Federation's spying body, and of course the Dominion planted spies all over. There was an episode where they were telling Kira that she was a Cardassian spy, and an episode where Miles was actually a spy without knowing it. DS9 also had great singular adventure episodes, as they had access to an unexplored Quadrant. And I'm sorry to promote a black episode, and I know it was ruined by the finale, but The Visitor is one of the best Trek episodes.

Well, last 2 episodes of DS9 I watched where both from season 3 (episode 17 and 18 to be exact), consecutive and both about completely inconsequential dream/alternate universe, no idea why they needed to fill so much dead air, but the episodes where awful and completely killed my desire to watch any more anytime soon.
And I say this as someone who recently watched the last two seasons of ENT, largely based on a reccomendation from a friend and never having seen more then a couple episodes of the show beforehand (because it was shit, but the last 2 seasons where admittedly less shit, basically on the level of VOY).

tng is god tier

plebs should have their keyboards confiscated.

This version's better

Dunno if DS9 will really resonate with you then, I find those eps TNG-tier levels of comfy.

Only the 7th season of DS9 is "fucking terrible".

k.

Watch The Drumhead. Anyone who went through GG and is watching the current hysterical clampdown against political freedom will instantly appreciate the episode's theme.

what a shit thread

Different user, but I'm Holla Forums and I like TNG. For the most part it shows how ridiculous liberal thinking is. There were enough good writers back then that were committed to showing consequences that the stupidity of the Federation causes them problems.

I already watched all of it in the past, but it's not a show I can rewatch every couple of years like TNG.

What are you a NERD?

Just fucking watch it and make up your own mind. Skipping episodes because some stranger on the internet told you to is retarded.

here, faggot
watch all of them anyway

Start with season one and watch all of them. The only episode you can skip is the flashback episode during the writer's strike.

Otherwise fucking kill yourself.