Best paid email provider?

I have a domain name and want to set up email on it. I know fastmail gets decent reviews but I was wondering what other options there are out there. Jewels search just gives me the usual pajeet-tier blogs recommending gmail or office 365 or some gay service with “collaboration” garbage.

No serious requirements other than custom domain support and some form of reliability/security. Multiple included mailboxes would be a plus.

Inb4 roll your own, i would but I don’t trust my technical abilities enough to not get hacked or somehow fuck it up.

Other urls found in this thread:

mailinabox.email
connect.yandex.com
linuxbabe.com/mail-server/ubuntu-16-04-iredmail-server-installation
forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=257525
cock.li/server
chiru.no/a/mail/
dwheeler.com/trusting-trust/
archive.is/Z3mv9
archive.is/Kk3xW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I use posteo

Servers in Germany, worked well for cock.li

mailinabox.email

your shitty technical abilities are more secure then some botnet in the cloud.

Until they were raided. Use a Romanian, Hungarian, Dutch or Icelandic service imo.

Such as?

Never use German servers unless you're 100% sure you aren't going to do anything right-wing on them.
Basically China treatment since they have China-tier free speech laws.

I use protonmail and it'd fit your requirements.
Servers in switzerland, mails are stored encrypted and between protonmail addresses sent encrypted (plus encryption support for other addresses)

They seem shady, I'd only use a service that allows POP3.

Yandex Connect
connect.yandex.com

I think the reason is that it uses a separate decryption password which can't be sent by normal means.

(((Germany))) is part of the 5 yids, is anti-freedom and hates Whites. I'd trust China with my email before them, at least the chinks wouldn't fuck me over for not asking which pronouns I'm supposed to use today.

There's one based in norway called runbox. It was the best one I found.

Lavabit or Posteo. Both protonmail and tutanota require proprietary JS just to login and they're kinda shady to me.

Zoho works pretty well.

follow this guide:
linuxbabe.com/mail-server/ubuntu-16-04-iredmail-server-installation

in order to be able to send and receive mail from other providers you're going to need PTR records. amazon lightsail doesn't support the user editing these but if you open a ticket with them they'll set it up:
forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=257525

remember it takes times for dns to propagate so be patient when editing records.

it's super easy to install. but if you fuck up the iredmail install just nuke the vps on amazon and start over.

They cant have POP3 because you would just get encrypted emails. They have a kind of agent you can run on your system that does email decryption that allows either POP or IMAP for your mail clients

I can recommend this one as well

if you're hosting on someone else's server you might as well just use a real mail service with less of a hassle, they have access to your emails anyway

My gypsy VPS costed 24$ for the entire year, and I get twice those specs, plus unlimited bandwidth.

you poor bastard...

cock.li/server

sdf.org's been around for 30 years and it's a cheap one time fee of a dollar or if you like, more for higher features

but you get a shell account too

sdf is the best shit ever, webmail or ssh into it and use mutt.
Their webhosting stuff is literally 1999 tier but their VPSes are of a decent price.

What about hosting your own email?

See

This is incredible, user. Thank you!

Imagine getting your email over dialup if the major ISPs get knocked offline or *SHUT DOWN*

sdf.org is the best

Looks neat. They also seem to have a Minecraft server, of all things.

chiru.no/a/mail/

iredmail automates the install with sane configs for everything you need to run a mail server. you still need to fuck with records but you'd need to anyway regardless of hosting provider. the hassle is minimal.

if your threat range includes state level actors then i agree with you amazon is not fit for purpose. if you want to de-google-fy yourself and gain some privacy from corporate spying then it's great.

i don't imply amazon is the best vps for all use cases. go with whatever floats your boat.

imo $5 / mo is not a lot and the reliability of amazon easily justifies the price, especially when the purpose is running a mail server. you tend to get what you pay for.

kek

Mate you are fucking retarded if you want to run an email server from aws.
Safest solutions are:

1. Your own house
2. Integricloud
3. Eastern European hosts
99999999999999999999999. aws

note

What makes you think aws is nitpicking? We are in danger of having most of the internet's backbone on aws, microsoft and google.

They datamine you, it's not "private" and you're just submitting yourself to a less obvious google.
It is massively irresponsible to shill for such a shit company.
I see kids today only knowing how to host shit on azure and cloudflare, being trained up with dotnet core, barely capable of using services that are more freedom respecting, and you shill for a cia nigger company? Go back to /g/.

Spotted the kike.

i was never shilling for amazon but posted amazon originally because it's easy for op to use and it's what i use. then no-coding tech shitpost fags show up to bikeshed over which vps is best - even though it's off topic. no need to take it personally and argue over "aws is botnet" when it wasn't the topic or intent of the original post.

if you have a problem with aws then instead of derailing why not:
to that faggot who suggested gypsy hosting - if they were ever a company they don't exist anymore, which is exactly the problem with small special snowflake hosting providers.

Go away /g/ kike.
Getting called out for recommending a literal CIA datamining botnet is not bikeshedding.
If OP wants ease of use he can stay on botnet google, moving from one botnet to another isn't helpful.

Stop projecting

literally does not exist. he sure must be super into web development and totally not a no-coder.

offer a viable alternative to op for his benefit. if you prefer instead to shitpost about every way *you* think every other suggestion is wrong but contribute nothing of your own then you're a bikeshedding no-coder.

botnet google vs. running your own mail server on amazon vps is not even close to the same. with minimal effort op can have a reasonable expectation of privacy from corporate spying he has zero expectation of with google.

too bad you've already been ken thompson hacked get fucked.

lol on amazon's botnet?

c compiler backdoor?

Reflections On Trusting Trust. Ken Thompson (one of the UNIX inventors) snuck a backdoor into UNIX by poisoning the compiler so it generated a backdoor. He revealed this many years later. Who knows how long it survived, as the backdoor was designed to backdoor kernels and other C compilers brought up on original UNIX.

It very well could exist to this day in systems descend from, or brought up on, UNIX.

dwheeler.com/trusting-trust/

This can be mitigated by involving many layers of compiler. For example, you could write a bootstrapping compiler whose purpose is to compile a full featured compiler.

Everybody should have read this years ago by now hopefully, thanks for the link. Really makes you think.

Sure it could be mitigated, but was it? UNIX was so important and used so widely that it would be impossible to know in many cases if software had been brought up on it, anciently. Almost everybody uses a UNIX TCP stack specifically BSD too (even MS).

Ken's probably logging on to PS4s and shit just for kicks using his 50 year old backdoor.

I didn't realize that the Unix TCP stack was being used in modern BSD. I assumed that nothing in Unix was kept for BSD and that everything was reimplemented.

My point is that Ken's compiler touched the UNIX systems which Berkeley got (from AT&T) repeatedly during those formative years, as well as a large amount of what became BSD software. The whole point is that he doesn't need to infect the source code, the compiler infects the object files for him.

Even if there's no actual AT&T UNIX or even early BSD era code left, Ken's software compiled the software that compiled the software that compiled the software that compiled the software that compiled the software that compiled the software that compiled the software that compiled the software that runs on the machine.

>>>>(((slacker news)))

Like I said, use multiple layers of compiler. Create a bootstrapping compiler to compile your trusted full feature compiler. It is completely feasible to write your very own trusted OS and compiler with 100% assembly code. The purpose is to bootstrap the rest of your system including the kernel and full featured compiler. This is how I would approach the trusting trust problem.

@killyourse.lf

I wouldn't even bother with a compiler and just use HLA or a macro assembler.
But with x86 you can't even trust the hardware, so whatever. Better off to grab an old, simple Z80 and toggle your own assembler into the system via the cpu monitor in hex codes.

Sounds like a gay ass honeypot user.

protip: they all are
doesn't stop you from using pgp like a sane person using third party messaging services.

@tfwno.gf

You would never get your home server to pass major e-mail providers' spam filters.

They went down the "muh diversity" path a few months ago. Can't wait to see how different the service will become compared to google.
archive.is/Z3mv9

archive.is/Kk3xW

i setup email on some server at work and got it to pass on big services pretty fast by setting up bullshit like SPF and DKIM and other "best practices". maybe it's harder if you have a non-business IP address, is the industry really that retarded though?

this isn't even remotely surprising. protonmeme was obvious webscale trash from inception. it's only popular because it's hyped on techcrunch and shit. one of their selling points was "located in underground bunker", which provides nothing of use to the customer, but souds cool and appeals to polniggers. webscale trash is all SJW and employs meme methodology such as requiring phone to sign up, and IP blacklisting

this

I wouldn't have called you out if you recommended literally any other host other than Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.

You're the new type of faggot that freedom respecting people fought against for decades, "windows is gud enough guyz! Linux still runs on closed source motherboards anyway!"
The push for the ideal creates better market forces for that ideal.

I already gave "one", which was integricloud, you can use flokiNET, endorsed by vc.

Go visit /qresearch/ some time if you think "Switzerland" means "safe".