twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>>/g/

why?

just leave

no u

literally nothing wrong
It allows me to find new music without having to actually look for it
I'm even paying 2.5€/mo for the premium because I think it's worth it

Some here will oppose it because of DRM and others will dismiss supporting the recording industry as giving money to Jews.

If you must use it, why not just limit your time to a single month, find the music you like and then legally purchase it from the bands you like directly. Then you can play it any time you want, without the the songs magically disappearing when you fail to pay the ransom money.

unironically reported

fuck off

unironically (You)

While I understand the problems coming from using DRM, I think there is no way that a system like spotify could work without that and still make money.
As for the money, I think that it's the cheapest legal way to listen to lots of different music, for the price of a single CD I have access to a really big library of songs.
Only thing that bothers me is that some songs get removed from the library and you lose access to them, it's still something that happens rarely, so it doesn't bother me much.
If I see it happening more, I will just switch to a similar service
I would buy music from smaller bands, but rarely I listen to entire CDs or discographies, so I still prefer listening to many different tracks insted of an entire CD from the same band.
It's not perfect, but it does something I like, so I support it

Fair enough.

It's pretty telling they don't give you any price reductions when you use paysafecard instead of credit card or paypal, wether they bank on people simply forgetting autosubscription or they get more money for your data with that info.

Personally i like pandora better but to each his own. Pandora plays genre stations. Spotify just has stupid playlist shit. keeps playing the same songs over and over again.

its radio for the smartphone generation

It is 9.99 eurobucks monthly though???

Radios have existed for ages. And they still manage to make money.

Not to mention that Spotify technically doesn't make money. The record labels charge them ridiculous fees and sometimes Spotify doesn't even make a profit.

Source: recode.net/2016/5/23/11749122/spotify-losses-revenue-2015

I use a family plan with some friends 15€/mo for up to 6 people

Didn't know about that.
Actually spotify has 6 different endless playlist made of 6 different generes based on your tastes, the discover weekly playlist that shows you song you never heard but you might like and the possibility to choose an artist/track and start listening to songs similar to those

Radios have ads, I don't want ads
Oh, I didn't know, maybe their endgame is getting a large userbase first, to have more leverage on the music industry
also I don't care much if they fail, I will just switch to Tidal or something like that, and if everything fails, I will just rent a seedbox and torrent shit

not available in the grand caliphate

i thought they'd suspend you if you use it like that, or do you all live together?

i hope they make it. streaming music is comfy and it would be cancer if there were only amazon, google and apple left, since they don't care about profit but about marketshare.

there's still blockify

We just used the same fake address

which payment option?

So many imbeciles here.

I know that's what mpsyt is actually for, but i still think of google as something to avoid at all cost, even 2,50€ a month, as crazy as that sounds. I even pay for my mail account.

You're the worst kind of trash imaginable. I'd have more respect for someone paying Spotify full price, or pirating completely than someone trying to have it both ways like you.

I just rip CDs because I'm too lazy to torrent and my interest IN a genre fluctuates. Fuci Spotify or any other streaming disservice

>>>/facebook/

Credit card

look at how much i care

youtube sucks at suggesting things
music can improve your productivity or just make you feel a little bit better

pleb

Anybody who pays Spotify is a retard.

Also this is Holla Forums related so stop sageing every thread you dumbfuck nigger idiot. Imagine being so ass blasted that you sage every thread but your own, just to get likes and shares, on an anonymous image board.

The absolute state of niggers on Holla Forums.

Seconded.

People like this are the reason every new album is shit

why

It offers a service that no one else does
and
Music nowadays isn't better or worse than it was 30 years ago.
Jews will always make money and good musicians will still make music

Apple and Amazon both offer competing services, additionally there's always Youtube which has most music free these days.

Spotify is literally a botnet, transparently using a p2p network in its free version to offset bandwidth costs. They did this without the user's knowledge or consent. I don't like Stallman, but crap like this proves that he is right.

I'm not talking about streaming music, but a good algorithm to suggest music I could like
Also youtube isn't optimal to stream music (nor suggest anything of value) since there is also the video part that I don't care about

This shit is pretty bad, I didn't know it, thanks
I will consider that when resubbing

Amazon, Youtube, Apple, they all have good suggestion algorithms. Probably better than two-bit Spotify's soyboys can cook up.

KEK
I never found anything interesting in what I get in my suggestions, literally not once
Prime music isn't avaible in my country
I don't really want to use iTunes on pc

Spotify suggestion system works, on a pool of 30 songs/week I rarely find something I don't like and usually add 5/6 songs to "my" library

Stay cucked then, what do I care.

Algorithms sucks at recommending music. They always pick promoted and normie bland music. Brainwashing you into the passive consumer that you are.
Look for human made selection if you want quality.

I have a large library all of which I personally hand selected. Why'd ya sage though? Are you angry that people aren't in *YOUR* chosen thread?

It's weird.

That's because the algorithms rely purely on what other people like. The algorithm has no fucking method by which it can listen to two songs and decide "yeah these are similar". The only thing it knows is x-number people liked y-song z-times, and you have a-matching likes with b-number people who liked y-song but you haven't played y-song before so here you go. Literally

I often found bands that no friend of mine knew and liked their songs
I agree that human picked suggestions are better (maybe not always), but with spotify I can just press one button and have music I enjoy, without having to wait for other suggestions and then having to find them on the web

Actually that's EXACTLY what automated machine learning is supposed to fucking do. Go out and automatically listen to every fucking song, EVERY SINGLE ONE, even the ones nobody has ever listened to, so that it can help people find new shit that they might like, because no living breathing human being can possibly listen to everything 24/7 -- but machines can.

In an ideal world anyways, where "machine learning" means more than Pajeet python scripts that do nothing but scale textbook examples of book ratings on Amazon and apply it to literally everything. In the real world "machine learning" is just a buzzword.

Yeah that would be fucking fantastic, but nowadays it's still not avaible, so we have to use this for now

You are laughable at best

You're welcome

stallman.org/spotify.html

I have never once felt the need to use spotify/pandora/streaming music. I don't even use youtube anymore. Then again I listen to video game music near exclusively so all I have ever needed is to torrent and pay attention to comiket for new releases all for an amazing price of 0,00 monies per month. People who support these DRM scam companies are worse than the companies themselves. Remember always kill a traitor before an enemy.

Leave. Nobody wants you here.

(You)

c'mon, it's fucking current year already, guys!

I own a lot of music on a physical format, but even when playing digital music I just use mp3s and mods. Fuck, I collected like 10 gb of mp3s and I don't need any cucked drm ridden program like Spotify to listen to it.

I bet you still use mpeg2.

lmaoing @ u

As much as spotify is shit and I don't agree with giving them money, this is a much better solution that having a monthly subscription to it.

you have to go back.

Considering that it's patent just ran out, I'd say that mp3 is a good lossy format for transmitting music (though FLAC is still king for archiving).

He may torrent the flac version faggot. Even mp3s are good enough to know if you may like a band, you don't need every detail to be able to tell. I wouldn't use jewtube for recommendations though, there was some recommendator engine I liked that even worked for vidya but it seems I lost the damn url.

The mod still continues to unlock premium features it's just not on XDA anymore. They now release two versions, one with ads removed that's on XDA and one with the premium features unlocked which can be found on their telegram channel or mobilism

I do not have Telegram, I wanted to ask you to give me the download link but I do not trust you of course

Its also on mobilism fucko

seems like they have a guide on how to apply the patches yourself

Anyone know of a VK Dogfood-like apk? VK's worse than Spotify, in that there's a 30 minute listening limit to "background" music (i.e when your phone is locked and when it's turned on, but not in the VK app), before you can't play music anymore.

If you like obscure music, check out VK music too. It's got some really old shit, some relly underground shit, and some really Russian shit.

He only parades an ideology when it is convenient, but in reality he is just an Ayn-Rand follower who will always do what suits him at the moment.

since it's russian, i assume there has to be, but i think they like to hang out on irc.

aren't you actively helping to kill spotify if you use and popularize these hacks?

No, you still need a subscription. Also commercial software vendors prefer you pirating their product than using a competing solution.

what about Bandcamp?

SJew tier and most of the artists are garbage. Just torrent/grab shit off slsk

How is someone supposed to learn why not to use something if they are told simply to leave for not knowing said thing? Were you born knowing or did you have to learn it some how? If you were born knowing all I can see why you would be so elite but I am assuming you have to learn things in order to know them. So, whats wrong with spotify?

The proper way is to at least put some effort into learning on your own, while minimizing the amount of times you need to annoy someone. Specifically, annoying questions are those that could have been answered with a little bit of reading. You see, the purpose of writing manuals, guides and books is so the others can learn without the author having to repeat himself for each interested person.

The inquirer should also make sure he's putting beginner questions in the appropriate place. It wouldn't be right for me to ask speakers at a quantum physics symposium to explain Newton's law of motion.

What the fuck is spotify and why should I care?

I love the notion of Holla Forums being populated by elite hacker pros, but it's probably not too far from reality.

You shouldn't. Just use Last.fm if you want to find bands and albums

how is lastfm any better?

I'm here since the first exodus

But what if I don't actually want to own the music I'm listening to?
Also
I think every spotify user is pretty aware that the application takes notes of what they are listening to create playlists based on their tastes

make me

oh no, da joos know that I listened to The Who three times yesterday, we are doomed!
When Spotify will start removing shit I like, I will switch to another service

Bad app