of critical thinking. Because this isn't the kind of cool-aid that
makes for a fun trip with pretty pictures. This is the kind that melts
your brain.

___

Have you _looked_ at the patches you are talking about? You should
have - several of them bear your name.

The patches do things like add the garbage MSR writes to the kernel
entry/exit points. That's insane. That says "we're trying to protect
the kernel". We already have retpoline there, with less overhead.

So somebody isn't telling the truth here. Somebody is pushing complete
garbage for unclear reasons. Sorry for having to point that out.

If this was about flushing the BTB at actual context switches between
different users, I'd believe you. But that's not at all what the
patches do.

As it is, the patches are COMPLETE AND UTTER GARBAGE.

They do literally insane things. They do things that do not make
sense. That makes all your arguments questionable and suspicious. The
patches do things that are not sane.

WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING ON?

lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1801.2/04628.html

INTEL UTTERLY BTFO FOREVER BY BASED LINUS

Other urls found in this thread:

lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1801.2/04521.html
lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1801.2/04979.html
gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.en.html
pcmuseum.ca/details.asp?id=108
ma.ttias.be/red-hat-reverts-microcode-update-mitigate-spectre-refers-hardware-vendors-fix/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Linus was completely BTFO when this happened, to be quite honest.

Why'd ya sage?

fuck off back to 4chan

Linus basically shut down Intel's proposed Linux patch which would slow the shit out of everybody on every architecture.

Keep on cryin'.

it's nice to see the goy finally let some steam out after sucking dick during the embargo, hehe he sure showed them

What happens when linux is gone? Will CIA niggers instantly ruin linux?

linus*

Interesting, but while the ranting is nice, we're not left with ANY alternatives.

The fact that Linus Torvalds is barking at Intel like that is something in itself.

linux about to start blacklisting intel's microcode updates

lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1801.2/04521.html

lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1801.2/04979.html
On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 03:56:55PM +0100, Borislav Petkov wrote:

another.

reminder never to do bios updates, they are infected with botnet.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/systemd

Now you can have your botnet init load botnet microcode blobs on to your botnet CPU at each boot.

The solution is to fix Intel's shit, which slows down Intel by 30% or more. Intel's proposals would slow everybody down by that much.

Linus just BTFO'd Intel because they're playing games like this.

ahahhaha holy fuck this is priceless

it's spooky to think what will happen to gnu and linux once their monolithic figure heads eventually bites the dust

The alternative is to use AMD instead.

99% of the work done with Linux in the last 20 years has basically been for corporate customers. As a Unix clone it's been good enough for that entire time.

The same can be said of GCC, the most important GNU project.

Meh, you should at least go ARM A7 if you're a poorfag, or POWER if you got cash.
Well anyway I'm sure all the gaymers will keep finding excuse to stay on x86, but whatever. Not my problem.

OpenBSD despite being cucked hard on the license front is the least cucked when it comes down to actual code.

The work is mostly done by corporate customers but it's still gatekept by Linus. He has prevented a lot of bullshit.

BSD licensing has a nice side property to it, you don't get corporations trying to push pure shit back into OpenBSD, they just silently fork and do retarded things on their own time.

That's very subtly powerful argument against the GPL virus.

Intel status: GASSED

who funds the jews?
its got to be one person becuase that hair style is rediculous and nobody in their right mind would use it unless they fully understood the game

epic

Daily reminder that the GPL does not require contribution back into the upstream projects.

With all the luck, by that time HURD will be usable. I think there were a bunch of others neat kernels, GNU OS can swap them around pretty easily.

Daily reminder that the GPL is not about getting contribution back to the upstream project

Daily reminder that according to the GPLv2
The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it. For an executable work, complete source code means all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable.
it's not the source code if it's intentionally obfuscated and comments censored under the guise of an "embargo".

gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.en.html

3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:

a) Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,

how can linux distribute obfuscated code instead of the source code and still keep the GPLv2?

It says "machine-readable" so I'm afraid that includes obfuscated shit as well. Frankly it should have been "human-readable" but I guess that would preclude the use of binary data.

Can't you license wankers make your own containment thread?

Realistically, we can already replace Linux with any of the BSD kernels. We'd finally have proper ZFS support too. GNU/k*BSD, as I like to call it.

Can be forked into GPL, if need be. And most big companies treat Linux like it was licensed under the LGPL anyway.

OpenBSD doesn't give a fuck, AFAICT they reject a shitload of patches in favor of correctness anyway so I don't think the license hurts them. If it does we'll never know.

This. Linus operates similarly to the chans in that he seems to actively discourage participation from morons by ragging on them.

Use an obscure format? Hey, here's your source code, on unobtanium WORM drive platters / DATA-MD / 7" floppy / DEC disk packs / punchcards / etc. For only the cost of media plus shipping!

If it's an obscure format, then it cannot be a medium customarily used for software interchange.

Jews will find a hole in even the GPL if they can, because they're jews. This does not mean the GPL is useless. The harder it is to find the loophole, the less "people" can get away with violations. That said, if nobody actually takes the violators to court, then it does not matter what license you choose. It's just as important to enforce the license, no matter how strict or how cucked.

This isn't news to anyone who gets their news from more than just /roachpol/. Fuck off back to /g/

That's why I find it such a curious cohencidence that Linus Torvalds is extremely reluctant to take violations to court. It's almost as if pics related has something to do with it.

POWER + x86 on an expansion daughter board for backwards compatibility is the way forward.

Language should be changed to contemporarily.

Would PCI-E be enough or do we need a new socket with a different transport layer?

Are there anyone actually dumb enough to buy Intel, after this month? We can all hope that Intel's propaganda campaign at confusing the working Meltdown vulnerability and the more theoretical Spectre vulnerability fails, but knowing how stupid most people are, they are going to keep falling for Intel. Let's do all we can to destroy Intel's reputation once and for all.

Certainly people are dumb enough to buy Intel. Tee Vee isn't telling them not to.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public user.

If Intel can do propaganda against the thruth, why can't we play equally dirty for the truth?The best thing we can do now is to encourage people to buy AMD. I know they have unfortunately included the PSP on their newer processors, but they are still better than Intel, and until every poorfag can afford a Talos Workstation, the best choice. A normalfag requires a simple alternative, something that he can get here and now. We should also inform them how Intel is the Microsoft of the CPU world with their fraudulent (((salesmanshi))), and cheating compilers.

Frankly I want people's computers to fail en-masse. It would please me. We tried to warn them and they looked away. Now it's time to pay the price.

I do try to warn people but their eyes glaze over. Why waste the effort?

I do commend you if you have the youthful energy to keep pouring your heart into trying to wake up the sleeping masses but I just don't give a shit any more. It's not worth it to me. Cast not your pearls before swine.

We are reliving the 1980s and I am OK with that.
Duel CPU's where common back then. Apple2's where 6502 but you could get a Z80 card to run both software types. The C128 had a 65xx and Z80. Tandy had machines that did the same thing.
And there where the "DOS Compatible" Macs
>pcmuseum.ca/details.asp?id=108
They also had "PC personality cards" for the later PPC macs. Was a Pentium and ram on a PCI card.

Torvalds has said time and time again long before the Linux Foundation that he doesn't care about politics. He has explicitly dedicated his life to being apolitical in his work as a software engineer.

New bus to avoid the bus niggers, or something like HP-IB but higher speed.

Looks like Linux is kicking the problem back to the CPU vendors. Rolling back the patches for their enterprise customers.
ma.ttias.be/red-hat-reverts-microcode-update-mitigate-spectre-refers-hardware-vendors-fix/

So if you dramaqueens actually followed the thread you would realize Linus misunderstood the patchset proposed by Woodhouse.

To mitiate Spectre variant 2 both Intel and AMD added three new features on microcode. IBPB, STIBP, IBRS.

IBPB : discard all branch targets learned earlier.

STIBP : prevent hyperthread sibling from following branch preditctions learned from another sibling

IBRS : prevents branch target learned in a less-previleged execution mode (before it was most recently set) from takin effect. Needs to be set on each kernel entry FOR REASONS.

There should be no reason to rely on these features if everybody uses bleeding edge gcc version with Google's repoline support but unfortunately Skylake will be still vulnerable even with retpoline under deep call stack FOR REASONS. That is why Woodhouse wanted to use IBRS on Skylake processors on his last patch set but Linus was too tired to understand what the fsck was he trying to achieve.

Seems like there are other solutions to save skylake cucks by tracing the stack depths from the kernel side and whats not. Might be good chance to follow their conversation and patchsets if anyone's interested in learning how linux handles process context switches on hyperthreaded processors.

Thanks for that friend. Holla Forums is not exempt from confirmation bias.

how about intel just stop producing processors with botnet and recall all processors with botnet and provide replacement processors with no botnet.

all intel kikes can burn in hell until this happens.

I built a new PC with a 6700k a year ago. I really regret not waiting for AMD's new processors.

YOU DON'T SAY

Unironically Linux pls

Why do I get the feeling you have no idea what that actually means?