ITT: Good use of CG animation

I honestly can't see this movie being better in traditional animation.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_(Peanuts)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shockingly, it's a mo-cap movie

Haha, I almost felt for it 8/10, but the frame rate, and lurking, exposed your trolling.

I'm adding Arthur's Christmas to the list.

Maybe I should have said it's a Zemeckis-backed mo-cap movie

Oh what the hell

DHX Media bought the Peanuts and Strawberry Shortcake franchises

This and Lego Batman made amazing use of the lego aesthetic.

I'm planning to see the Ninjago movie just because of it. I also dig the sense of humor the writer's have for the LEGO movies.

I've seen through season 5 and Ninjago is a pretty decent show.
7/10 in average.

I don't really know what you're getting at, but I do like this movie

Yes!

This is one of the things that pissed me off about Brave, and that bothers me about modern animated movies in general. They have all these technological advantages, and usually they squander them by making characters and worlds that aren't cartoonish at all. Which makes you wonder why they bother making these movies animated in the first place.

The people making animated movies only know how to make animated movies. Most of them never stop and say "This would work better in a different medium," because that would mean giving up on the project.

The same thing happens in the video game industry.

But they usually don't seem to know how to make good cartoons. There's no exaggeration or elasticity to characters, actions, or environments.

Realism gets them more cookie points

This is why I loved Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Very stretchy and cartoony unlike the more "solid" approach of Pixar and Dreamworks.

Honestly Sony is very good at this

Was that black kid there before? I don't remember any niggers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_(Peanuts)

While its been a while seen I'm seen Brave, I think that same problem can be easily seen just from the trailers of The Good Dinosaur.
Bright cartoony dinosaurs, in realistic looking CG environments. Even stranger is that starting clip of the dinosaurs observing the passing asteroid seems to use realistic style looking ones at the 0:08 mark. (but that may have been for the recognizable silhouettes).

Too bad that movie sucks balls.

Oh man, Good Dinosaur is just boring as shit.