The Sigil of Kek?

Do you remember drawing this thing in elementary school? So do I.

Do you have any idea where it comes from? Neither do I.

If you were a child in the 1990's you obviously saw this weird crystalline "S" on someone's journal or notebook. Look closer at it, it takes 14 lines to draw and very closely resembles the number 8. SS? 88? Repeating digits with significance behind them? Where have we seen those before?

I think the widespread use of this symbol was a subtle nod to us as children. Look at the fascist iconography of the early 20th century, it's all designed the same way. Rigid and unbending.

What does Holla Forums think? We already know thanks to the Berenstein Bears that nothing we remember it what it really was. Do you think this strange symbol was a precursor of sorts?

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/super-s-stussy
archive.is/47g5I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can we turn this into a new "hate symbol" like we have with Pepe and parentheses?

That would be great. Anyone under the age of 30 would recognize it, to associate it with "hatred" would make a lot of people realize just how idiotic all of the hate crime laws are.

Make people think it's the "secret code" of racist sleeper agents.

Fucking lol when moms find it on a textbook or something.

The problem with that is that it's been around for a while. I'm 25 and I remember this so a lot of soon to be/would be moms would recognize it too. The idea is to make something associated with an innocent time in their lives turn into something evil to point out how ludicrous "hate speech" laws are.

It's funny when 90's kids think they're the originators of something much older than them and only they will get it. We were drawing these in the 80's and I'm willing to bet kids in the 70's were as well.

Me thinks this is one of those times someone actually sprays that on some libshit sensitive area with a 14 in front of it.

If it's older that's even better. That was the point I was trying to make, no one where this thing came from and the numerology associated with it is pretty interesting. Why not take advantage of that?

It's from an old car logo, fam.

If somebody had some nuts they could go spray paint it on one of these DIY building the safety squads are shutting down.

knowyourmeme.com/memes/super-s-stussy
learn to google

I see the resemblance but they're not the same thing. A jagged stylized "S" isn't that unheard of.

it at least has the theory it came from the stussy clothing line

I dunno if this counts but that slum house those antifa faggots in vancouver were staying in got hit with a bunch of these while the five man cuck squad was protesting the ebil whitey.

HOLD IT !

As said by KYM, the symbol is made of 14 lines, that can't be a coincidence ? Did all these years, kids drew 14/88 without realising it ? That's fucking brilliant.

Should we meme it? because if we don't, it seems likely that the (((Alt-right))) is going to jump all over it. I think a mod should make it a banner.

Seriously ?
Did the news talk about it ?

Holy shit OP you're a fucking genius.
MEME IT

only 90's kids will understand race war

Fucked if I know, I don't live there

Brilliant

I still can't get over the fact that we're fighting a serious propaganda war with Internet memes.

There's not that many things that can survive a swarm of locusts.

Yeah, but that theory is false. Stussy said at one point that they had nothing to do with the symbol. I'll find a link if I can.

THE FUCKING MEMES JACK! THE MEMES!

forgot the link
http ://www.vice.com/read/that-s-thing-everyone-drew-in-school-what-is-it

Learned this in elementary school in the eighties

It comes from the heart man, you can't beat that. The flood comes.

Looks different, kike.

That is exactly what I am saying. The way it's drawn is perfect subliminally and nostalgically impossible to tarnish.

Why the fuck is this a thing? Is there some sacred geometry to it? Why is literally every kid in every school in America aware of it? Is it a subliminal sigil of some MKultra shit done in schools? Does it happen in places other than America?

I'm French and I learned it in 1998.

It was Pence Prime from the future m8s

I've seen it outside of America, I was homeschooled and even I drew it.

We did this shit in Europe too.
It was popular on late 90's and early 00's.
Probably some European teenagers will recognize it.

It was cool. I saw it once in a kid's notebook in '09 or '08.

I've seen this in graffiti

don't associate this with kek

We have it in Australia since at least the 2000's. It's pretty widespread from the sounds of it.

Archive.

archive.is/47g5I

When I was a kid in the 80's, there was a kid in my class who did those things, it was a late 70's-early 80's Suzuki logo.
I know this because the bastard wouldn't shut up about how awesome Suzuki dirt bikes were.

Some more quality.

Bikes you tard.
Suzuki is famous for it's enduro and dirt bikes, especially the ones from the early 80's.

Collective think. I have no clue where it originated, but I was in elementary in the 70s and nobody was drawing this symbol. It started with the internet, same way any creepy-pasta begins. Someone says they remember it and other people jump on the bandwagon.

But, hey, if you want to use it, then use it. I'm pretty sure nobody has trademarked it yet.

18 y/o burger here

I learned it in elementary school back in 07-08

Kids nowadays may still be doing it for all we know

The ones in my class were.

I drew that shit everywhere as many of my classmates did. No one said shit about suzuki.

MAKE THIS A BANNER NOW

Also French, learned it in the early 2000s.

Well, the kids in my class who were into it all said it was for Suzuki bikes.
That was 30 years ago, so I'm sure the meaning has changed or been obscured by time.

They won't, Mods anchored the thread.

But although you knew a kid that associated this symbol with Suzuki, the symbol is clearly not the Suzuki logo, and drawing a much closer approximation of the actual Suzuki logo is quite easy, so I don't think the genesis of the symbol is as the Suzuki logo.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How is it a sigil of kek though?
Unless one S or 8 represents the male ogdoad and another it's identical female pair giving you in the end 14/88.

Of course they did.

The suzuki logo has never had parallel horizontal lines.
It's similar (they are both 's') but not the same, completely differently made and shaped.

this thread is shit tbh

knowyourmeme .com/memes/super-s-stussy

Probably because it wasn't politics for them. Fuck.

This happens allover Europe at least, I learned in elementary school in the 90's. The entire class did it.

Kek does live in "eight town" with the eight other gods.

And this is 8/infinite chan.

I never said it was. That's why I asked if this shape could have been Kek reaching out to people when they were younger.

Mods fucking suck

Fucking mods.

This board really is compromised isn't it?

It's quite a clever idea if you ask me. I've seen worse threads.

America?

Shit was going around in the UK

Was common in Ukraine too.

Can mods unanchor this thread

It was everywhere in Ireland too.

I remember a previous thread where an old timer remembered it from his childhood. He was about 60.

submitted a report to have this added as a banner.

If a thread gets abandoned because of the bumplock, it's a good sign that it was a shill thread to begin with. Die in a fire you hipster kikes.

Ooh, so close, but ya missed by one.

If the mods won't even let the idea exist as a regular thread, why bother? You'll be constantly fighting them to keep the idea going.

one of kek's earlier manifestations

It's in the Middle East and India too.

ཀེཀ་

Praise kek

Now we know what this S always stood for.

SHADILAY

Only faggots born before the early 90's know what it is.

SHADILAY! SHALDILAY!

CHECKEM

20 here; they are. My little sister's class knew it a couple years back.