Reclaiming White Identity with HEMA

HEMA stands for Historical European Martial Arts and I'm not surprised if you don't know of any beyond Boxing.

Europeans conquered the world and we were VERY fortunate that many of the Fight Masters/Free Knights and so forth were patron'd by wealthy nobles to produce detailed manuals explaining their Arts of Mars (Where we receive the words Martial Arts today).

We have entire systems of grappling, wrestling, dagger fighting, sword fighting, staff fighting etc preserved. Entire systems that are ENTIRELY white and -ours-.

I've been studying HEMA with some of the few professional groups and nothing has made me connect more with my culture/ancestors and white identity more. We get to see how truly strong, noble and deadly our ancestors were.

We do not need to turn to the Asian arts. Arts that lived well beyond their war time use and were thus corrupted into flowery, flourishing, sportified things (Speaking more about Kung Fu, tae Kwon Do, Karate etc).

HEMA Arts were slowly forgotten when firearms became the military norm. This in a bizarre way preserved their rawness and efficiency. Something you'll see as you begin to explore them.

Anyway just wanted to bring knowledge of this term to you all. Consider looking into it. I'll provide some links and videos.

scholasaintgeorge.org/ - A pretty large group that practices the arts of (predominantly) Fiore de'i Liberi. A free Knight who wrote an enormous book detailing grappling, knife fighting, baton, sword skills and axe fighting.

thearma.org/ - Probably the oldest and most educated group you can find. They practice the arts as close to the historical source as possible and a lot of their weapon fighting involves wearing a fencing mask and nothing else. The Director is a genius/mad man and a prolific writer. Check out his essays under features.

hemaalliance.com/ - A club finder. I recommend going through Schola or theArma first to get training, unless you can find a reputable club. Be wary.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiktenauer.com/wiki/Fiore_de'i_Liberi
youtube.com/user/kirstendirksen/videos
research.calvin.edu/german-propaganda-archive/japan.htm
hroarr.com/support-fighters-against-racism/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here is a cool video showing some of the dagger techniques from the old manuals.

Here also is a link to a collection of manuals: wiktenauer.com/wiki/Fiore_de'i_Liberi I auto linked you to Fiore since it's a good example of what the manuals are like (Scroll down and click "more" to unlock the different weapons/systems).

Historical Wrestling from the Viking age, known as Glima.

Can't I just get a gun instead?

Here is a video showing some combat wrestling/throwing from 1459.

WW1 was one of the big things that killed martial arts in Europe.
Most practitioners died.

This is why efforts to revive them have to rely on old manuals rather than living instructors.

You can, but are you always going to be able to effectively draw and use it? Can you ward off blows, safely grapple and make use of various weapons besides your gun?

I'm all for firearms as they are excellent weapons, however if you do want to learn hands on fighting/wrestling/weapon skills then there is no greater source of wisdom then our ancestors who used them for thousands of years to conquer the planet.

Here come the shills and jews trying to shame people for learning about their unique and important white combat culture. I bet you mock fat people working out at the gym too. Fucking miserable.

You do get fat as fuck guys who show up every now and then and participate.
But they don't stick around long due to how much exercise it is.
Also they all seem to want to learn about japanese swordsmanship.

Or in the same vein of thought, are you always just going to pull your pistol out for every confrontation?

You get into a fight at the bar and out comes the ol' 1911? Some rude guy insults your woman or hits your child… Glock to their head?

You get what I'm saying though right? It's a great weapon but pulling out means everything just went to deadly force and your in for some interesting legal issues.

Looks like high-school wrestling in the U.S.

Bingo. People are very surprised by it's intensity. The anime katana guys are usually polite but they wash out because they can't handle the bants.

I've been letting them defend while a group of us insult and beat on them with pads. I do this till they finally lose it and fight back. After this they usually see the flowering of their kampfgeist.

Just having a bit of fun, m80.

I actually looked into finding a class but it's super rare. Currently, it's just really dedicated people getting together and working stuff out rather than your typical, formalized martial arts class.

I feel wrestling would be the most useful martial art. You take someone down quickly and then control them either to subdue them or to finish them off. It also helps I'm a big wrestling fan too.

If I was a water bottle I'd be pissing my self right now.

cuck

I just shame fat people, and I think it is important to learn our culture.And they put that picture on their site, the first thing people see.They are doing a pretty bad job promoting those awesome sword fights.

promoting those awesome sword fights.

Depends…any witnesses?

TBH how would one of those guys do in a fair fight against Bruce Lee?

If you can find a friend or two who is also interested you can start your own study group. The manuals provide a lot of good instruction and YouTube fills in the blanks.

When I started me and three friends began learning Fiore's grappling and dagger. It took about 3 months but we got pretty solid on it all using just his translated manual.

From there you can always carpool with your buds to seminars and get teaching from higher skilled folks.

They go into that a bit. There is really no stand back and kick/punch style in HEMA outside of classical pugilism. Pugilism though required people to abide by certain rules.

I think with the way of fighting our ancestors did they would quickly close on Bruce/work him into a corner and violently gouge at his eyes and groin while getting into a position to throw him. After the throw it becomes a game of soccer. You did not want to fall down and get into grappling match because everyone carried a long knife and other weapons.

armor and liechtenauer>banana suit and jeet kun do

I said fair fight. No equipment advantage, no numbers advantage. Mano-a-mano.

Yeah generally speaking nobody in ye olde europe used punhes.
Hammer fists and wrestling were the name of the game.

profit, you're now dead.

My friend makes a good point that because of armor training to punch all the time likely was going to be a waste of time. Same with kicking (Can't head kick in winter clothes).

Closing it and violently wrestling/throwing your opponent to the ground and stomping their head works in and out of armor though.

Who gives a fuck? What is this, the YouTube comment section?

New York Times had a nice piece on HEMA. Vid related. Unfortunately, two years ago, it was already becoming pozzed as fuck with niggers and women participating.

Anyway, more whites definitely need to pursue HEMA with fiercely pro-white attitudes. Although the more pro-white something becomes, the more it's targeted.

For the sword lovers. This is a great display.

It's one of the few sports women can do quite well at I think. The niggers..well you always have that one awkward black guy who shows up at every big sport club lol. Pushing the idea of European Identity and this is "our" art can help them make the right decision to leave.

Well a good swordsman is also a wrestler.
So if we presume comparable skill levels and physical fitness.
And we assume someone as fast as Bruce Lee (cos that chink was fast as fuck)

Then it would all come down to whether or not he could keep them at a distance.
He'd probably try going for a kick or something at some point thus overextending himself and being rushed then wrestled.

Once it becomes a wrestling match then Bruce loses as he had zero wrestling experience/knowledge.

Wasn't just armour or thick winter clothing.
If you break your hand you can't work. If you can't work you starve.
The human hand is a delicate thing. The hammer fist approach enables you to use your hand for striking while minimising the risk of injury/damage to your hand.

The Germans carried their traditions through WWII. All of those images of the scarred, masculine Nazi? He got those scars (usually) from Collegiate fencing matches.

It should be noted that Bruce Lee was a freaking genius and Jeet Kune Do was a combination of the best bits of many different martial arts that he studied which included Western Pugilism and fencing techniques.

As OP noted the majority of Eastern martial arts are less about effective combat and more about extreme displays of technique and finesse which is honestly not all that important in a fight. Its obviously good to have great control over your body and motions, but knowing how to strike hard and fast or where to apply pressure in holds is going to be far more useful in actual combat.

The issue here is that this is sports fencing.
Very silly sports fencing but sports fencing none the less.

Exactly!

The Japs revived their martial traditions in WWII because of it's intense propaganda potential. They weaponized their Warrior culture to get guys to BANZAIIIIIII their planes right into battleships.

I think the West can also highly benefit in this way. Get people learning THEIR OWN culture. Identifying with ancient heroes/warriors and then practicing aggressive combat and exercise? Nothing but winning.

What about archery ?

I want to start shooting bows but have no idea where to begin

Bruce lee was great in a fight against 20 opponents that only attacked one at a time.

Buy a bow.
Go out in the fields and shoot at targets & rabbits.
That's how I got good.

You can join an archery club or hunting club. Archery never really went away.

Alternatively if you want to use traditional weapons (the Longbow/Crossbow etc) you could probably find a HEMA group with a similar interest.

Archery is right on the fringe though of HEMA imo.

why even live?

Some more Ringen. The music is horrible but everything else is pretty neato laddos

Aren't eastern MA more for instant takedowns/kill? Especially for the poor pheasants with farmer grade tools.

Japan is a funny one. Because it was at a funny place in its development.
It's less they revived it and more they spread it to the masses.
It was at a bizarre place in its development stuck between a feudal society and an industrial society. Thanks to the wests efforts to rapidly modernise Japan.

After WW2 a lot of the Japanese martial arts underwent considerable changes. Becoming competitive sports rather than martial arts.
It doesn't help that they were always big on centralised control. So a lot of them had these big federations that could dictate a lot of shit.

Find an archery club?

Maybe originally, however things like Kung-Fu and Tae kwon etc developed specifically into display/sports.

Any sport with points is instantly…well a sport. It goes from "CLOSE WITH THE ENEMY. ATTACK THEIR EYES. THROW THEM TO THE GROUND AND KILL THEM" to "Bounce around, throw some fast kicks to earn a point. Don't move in close since I'm not allowed to throw someone."

Didnt the nazis encourage actual duels to resolve disputes?

this is the worst timeline..

You get into a fight at the bar and out comes the ol' 1911?

Kill your self Eurocuck shill. If I'm attacked at any transitional space you can guarantee I'll draw my firearm.

Try again shlomo.

European swordplay is beautiful.

meant for

Yes and no.
They encouraged it among the SS.
But that's because they couldn't afford for internal disputes within the SS, so they had to ensure any disputes were resolved quickly and decisively.
Duels can accomplish this.

But everywhere else? It was often frowned upon.

Kanker, heb ik ff lekkere trek in een rookworst gekregen.

Okay have fun being the guy who draws his gun when someone call you a faggot at the bar.

It's a beautiful and interesting weapon ain't it? I love how hyper autistic some the manuals are with all the geometry. I can just see some bearded Spaniard couched over his parchment "THE LINES FORM A VESICA PISCIS. AVE MARIA WE HAVE IT!"

RIGHT WING HEMA SQUADS

Heh you sure showed that toad. What a croak to hear on this fine Mongolian Frogwarbling Pond.

Personally I prefer Fiore.
He was less anal about the details.

Yeah he is my personal favorite as well. You could say he was our Musashi. Wandering around, fighting duels, teaching and being a bad motherfucker.

His dagger disarms etc are amazing. We've practiced disarming live blades and have met with good success. Even small knives like bucks can be taken (albeit with greater danger).

That's the stickies wicket. The rule of thumb would be hang with friends and avoid confrontations unless so severe that a gun is warranted. Also avoid dangerous places. I got a brother in Portland who does street photography and the psycho homeless are always chasing him. I told him to get a gun but this happens like weekly, so he would literally be killing them "lawfully" until a judge wrote him a restraining order banning him fromntown. Sucks but that's our current system, it rewards cowardice and criminality.

Also in general I wouldn't want to fight someone even as a sport unless I was really comfortable with them, lots of dirty honor less fuckers out there looking to hurt you.

It's just that he went to war repeatedly.
Then wrote a book covering fucking everything.

The best part of it all was how he loved to recycle motions. So you'd do the same general movement while wrestling, using a dagger or a sword.

Thx for the advice m8ies. Was thinking of joining a archery club earlier but i didn't know if I shoul do it. I'm a nofunz europoor and am gonna need something to take down muzzies at range. My survival knife and improvised mace won't cut it.

Get a fabrication workshop going and just build guns?

The best way to remove sand orcs is to burn down their dwellings. Fire is very effective and reminds them of where their souls are going to go.

Now that's just innaccurate. While Bruce wasn't some unbeatable god and grappling definitely wasn't his forte, he did train in judo and wrestling with Gene LeBell when he moved to Hollywood. And even before that, plenty of his old movies feature basic takedowns, throws, and locks. Bruce was always obsessively mixing different styles no matter what country they came from, so it's not a stretch to say that he would have ended up developing and popularizing MMA fighting decades earlier than the Gracies if he hadn't died so young.

same user as

I'm a youngfag and still live with my parents
boomers are cancer when it comes to guns
can't move out because house price sra either getting-jewed tier or no rooms available
>"are you not going to cut yourself with that knife or stab others when you're mad"
>mfw

I might just join the local archery club.

varg?

user, we're the Orks. Muzzies are dirty 'umies.

Oh how I love 40K.

I'm lookin at building a home using some shipping containers.
You can get a large chunk of land in the countryside thats undeveloped fairly cheap. You just need to find a chunk where the local council/government will let you build.

After that the main problems are utilities.

sadly there seems to be too many people also part of F.a.R. my guild is a supporter of FaR, but it is the only one relatively close to me (hour away). so i am not going to let their leftist connections deny me my chance to learn the European tradition. i just have to hide my power level.

A lot of them are associated with it.
It's annoying.
Hell a bunch of people from my group are.
Though our merry bands leader is a bit annoyed with how they tend to go on witch hunts.
Even got into an argument with them when FaR bitched about me and tried starting one of their witch hunts.

It's not a good idea, shipping containers are low tier. Cold in the winter, warm in the summer, insulating everything is expensive.

Goodluck young warrior. Learn your bow and practice your arts of mars. When the time is right take a young sibling or relatives child under your wing and raise them to continue the eternal fight against the commie jewish menace.

It can be done properly. Just takes a bit of effort.
And is a lot cheaper than building a conventional house to UK standards. Plus has the benefit of being classed as a non-fixed structure allowing you to bypass a lot of our planning laws.

If I wanted I could build a US style home, but I'd be too worried about tripping over and putting a hole in the wall.

Why not get together with a bunch of other people (electricians, plumbers ect…) and turn a warehouse into multiple appartments ?

Iktf, in my country we have houses made out of concrete. I would scare me to live in one of these matchstick houses knowing some tornato could seriously fuck my shit up.

You can't really get warehouses easily in the UK.
Not outside dense urban coastal areas.
I live in Yorkshire. Very rural. The only warehouses here are all in use or not suitable for such a conversion.

What makes them unsuitable ?
What about abandoned factories ?

Being attached to other warehouses, in the middle of still active industrial estates, asbestos, industrial waste cleanup, etc.
Abandoned factories aren't available either. They either get populated by a new industry or torn down and rebuilt.

Here in the UK land tends to get reused quickly when its abandoned.
Especially in urban areas or industrial parks.

Nevermind then.
Check this channel, there's a lot of unconventional houses, it might help you.

Why has Kek granted you holy digits talking about warehouses and shipping containers in my epic HEMA thread.

Kek is truly a god of Chaos.

Shit, I didn't put the channel link, forgive my faggotry.
youtube.com/user/kirstendirksen/videos

research.calvin.edu/german-propaganda-archive/japan.htm

I'm saving up for this sword lads

Pick a falchion it's better.

Literally what?

Fuck no, that's a peasant weapon.

bought myself the ringeck, still waiting for it to arrive. hopefully it will be done in a month or two

Why not get a Khopesh?

Because fuck bronze

This is bait.

fuk u 2 bb

Stop posting shit weapons.

It looks cool, but what advantage does it have over a saber or cutlass?

It's like a kukri, innit.

Fair enough.

None. It was used because they couldn't make iron weapons.
They were made with copper and bronze.

The longsword could be used front edge and back edge. It could be gripped by the blade and used in half-swording (against an armored foe). It was the chief weapon of a free man and beloved by knights as their primary weapon.

The falchion was a heavy sword used for battering people in armor. PLEB TIER.

She's a mink.

I mean the geometry.
One could easily be forged of steel these days.

GAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

DO BETTER WHITE MAN!

There's no real advantage. If they could, they would've made sabers. Bronze just wasn't suited for making sabers so they had to make it look like that.

It evolved from axes used in the region.
You could use the blunt interior edge like a hook.
But overall its shape was about making it possible to make the weapon from bronze.

Later ones were made of iron but it fell out of favour not long after.

Alright seriously what's going on here? She entered my head a couple days ago out of nowhere and now this is the second time someone posted stuff from Animaniacs. Who am I kidding it's the collective consciousness.

YOU UNDERSTANDING NOTHING PLEB DIRT BOY YOU ARE LONG PIG NOTHING KNOWING REEEEEEEEEEEEE

MEDIEVAL FIGHT WRESTLE WAS ALL ABOUT AUDACITY. ENGAGE OPPONENT. THROW DOWN. DESTROY WITH WEAPONS AND FEET. GIRL GROUND GRAPPLE SPORTS DOES NOT ALLOW ATTACK OF EYE OR GROIN.

CONFIRMED FOR LOW BRED WHEAT BEATER. EXIT MY FORTRESS AND BE OUTLAW REEE REE REE

It has the power of an axe behing the form of a sword. To say the shape had no advantage is beyond retarded.

My guess it's to grab the adversary's weapon. The shape isn't random, that's for sure, so it could be a counter to some other weapon/shield as well.

I see nothing wrong with that

Bow hunting is banned in a lot of European countries.

Here's a bit of advice for dealing with muzzies.
Your average kebab doesn't have access to guns and will use knives or machetes.
Buy yourself riveted or half-riveted/half full chainmail (don't buy butted, it's shit).
If you buy a sleeveless, or short sleeved shirt you can wear it all day, every day underneath your regular clothes without anyone noticing.

A good mail will not just protect you but bend or outright fuck up most modern knives.

Depends on the maker and the quality.
Albion is highest quality for your buck but it also takes ages for them to finish.
I've been waiting for my Gallowglass for over a year now. The scabbard is already finished.

Chopping power, a khopesh handles more like a hand axe than a sword.

No, it handles very differently. Kukri are cutting weapons not chopping weapons.
Kukri handle like a kopis, not an axe.

That looks very heavy.

Its advantage was you could give it to a lightly trained person and let their natural gorilla mind "SWING DOWN INTO PEOPLE" take control.

The longsword was a weapon that took training to become highly skilled at. It was incredibly versatile. The Falchion had one use.

you called?

Pretty much.
Swords do damage via cutting. You can't really bludgeon a man to death with one. Without training anyways.

A khopesh behaves more like an axe. Less cutty more choppy.

Unlike an axe though it seems rather unwieldy and you could probably hook your own clothing.

well it wasnt really designed for hand to hand combat
swords were still a status symbol in the ancient world, the nobility were usually the only ones who had one
and since in Egypt the nobility in battle would usually be astride a chariot i can imagine its mainly a weapon for cleaving through a mans shoulder blade while going 40-50 kph in a horse drawn chariot

not everyone can be a berserker or a bloodthirsty celt lad

It was an egyptian weapon.
In the old kingdom clothing was light.
You could comfortably walk around in just a skirt.
So clothing wasn't much of an issue.
And really. You could say this about anything so it's a non-issue.

Yes and no. You'd see these things all over in Egypt.
A main use for them though was in civil control. Since troops spent most of their time acting as a de-facto police force.
On the battlefield things like spears were more useful.
But in towns and cities trying to keep the plebs under control? The khopesh was the better choice.

I doubt that, you want a cutting sword it you attack mounted or from a chariot.
A chopping sword is far more likely to get stuck or drag you out of the saddle or chariot.

It's far more likely that this was a footman's weapon or as a last resort when your javelins and arrows had run out.

Basically it's a conversation piece. I'd probably rather use a broom handle as a weapon.

From what I understand of egyptian infantry tactics.
Their main troops went into battle equipped with a shield, spear and a khopesh (or equivalent)
The spear was the primary weapon but if it looked like they were going to get into a gritty bogged down fight then they'd throw the spear at the enemy forces and switch to the khopesh.

Though worth pointing out. I'm referring to the new kingdom there.
Since thats about when it appeared.

Old and middle kingdom. Very different.

larping fags this shit is worthless in the modern world

Funny thing. The Gauls learned about chainmail from the Britons.
Rome learned about chainmail from the Gauls.

In terms of armour technology the Britons were well ahead of the game.

Yeah but the design I would imagine would cost a lot more than a simple hand axe
Egypt had no plebs, there were peasants and slaves and not much difference between the two save for peasants being paid in money and slaves in food
because Ma'at was an incredibly naive yet kind system of government
id imagine you're average town guard in Egypt would have been armed with a spear, a small round shield and a hand axe or long dagger

a chariot is a vehicle within which a chopping sword would function quite well seeing as most of the time you would have to lean out of the chariot and bonk the foot plebs with whatever you have at hand
it seems you guys are equating the way Egyptians fought with how Romans or Greeks did
they didnt the Egyptians were pretty inefficient

Egyptian battles tactics were simple
a line of skirmishers or archers would go first to launch missiles at the enemy
then came the spear men and infantry who would charge the enemy and clash with them
if the battlefield was on a nice flat plateau then they could bring out the chariots and charge the enemy to break their lines/spears
im talking old middle kingdom here myself i dont consider anything after Alexander as really Egyptian and more Greek

Broom handles can make decent weapons.

Egyptians had a weird thing about axes.
They didn't like them primarily because they couldn't get the knack for making them.
Their axes were always unstable with a habit of axe heads falling off.

Several instances where I'm about to make a thread about something I've been pondering; someone already has in the last few hours. It was fucking creepy how spot on a few of them were with my mindset.

yeah but they still made them shit ones
I dont consider chinese hand axes shaped like an almost blunt war pick/hammer as a hand axe but it still functions as a skull splitter

This weapon seemed to exist around the same time and it looks like a Gladius which was a good chopping sword. Considering how effective the Gladius was I wonder why they would go with a khopesh. Maybe because it looks intimidating and you don't need much against people armed with stones and sticks.

The ethereal world is beginning to reawaken for another push against these degenerate times.

Aren't these European bronze age swords ?

Looks more similar to a Xyphos IMO

Point is they didn't like using them.
Once the khopesh emerged it was more popular because it was tougher.

Rome was well ahead of egypt in terms of pretty much everything.
They probably couldn't reproduce them.

I'm in a rifle club, is that good enough?
Currently at Bar 1. I wanna kill commies like the White Death.

I think it had something to do with shields
they still used shields made of woven wicker and skin stretched over woven reeds
a shield mainly designed to shield you from sling stones and glancing blows
whereas a khopesh could hack right through the shield and into your opponents arm

but its so unwieldy
phoenician falcatas were better than the bloody khopesh

Yeah but Egypt was pretty much part of the European sphere of influence (or vice versa). You'd think they would come across different weapons especially as an influential empire. I think the Egyptians just put ceremonial and psychological factors over utility which works to a point.

Falcatas aren't phoenician lad

well Egypt wasnt a kingdom that wished to expand violently for the most part
they were like the Chinese of the west, believing their king was a god on Earth and rival empires and nations were just allowed to exist by the grace of the gods and the universal truth
when they did war it was to defend what they believed was rightfully theres by the will of the gods
whereas Rome expanded for far more logical purposes, securing their borders, subjugating possible threats and acquiring wealth and resources

I know I think they were celtiberian originally actually

Egypt was massively conservative.
Also consider their primary opponents were their neighbours and predominantly the nubians.
They didn't have to compete in the European military sphere.
So they were slow to change.

It's good enough.
And that hook was good for getting shields out of the way to follow up with a thrust.
Notice how a khopesh almost always has a point?

They couldn't expand really.
They did take territory from their neighbours in the new kingdom. Which is why they shifted to a professional military rather than peasant conscripts.

But overall, expansion was difficult. The same geographical factors that made them difficult to attack made it difficult for them to expand.

The ocean and deserts boxed them in.
And they didn't have the ship building skills to go up against the phoenicians or anyone else. Or even shift large numbers of troops.
They could make great river barges and thats about it.

I have been saving money to buy a sword for a while, but the cheapest ones that can withstand the pressure of combat are at the very least 250 $. If you add the protective gear as well, it can easily go over 1200 $.

Protective gear you really only need a fencing mask, a set of gloves and a padded jacket. And at decent clubs the jacket is usually optional.

First thing you'll want is a mask. Clubs almost always have equipment you can borrow and a blade is the last thing they'll expect you to buy.
Prior to that you may want your own training weapon, a wooden or plastic sword.

Pretty sure you just want to fuck Minerva Mink, fam.

But I have a waifu who is superior.

HEMA focuses on armed combat, so without weapons it obviously gives whoever did the most unarmed martial art training the advantage.

Yes and no.
HEMA includes a lot more than armed combat.
Wrestling is a common feature too.

The thing is: there are no HEMA clubs in 5000km from where i live.
My only option is joining the local group and learnining the technique slowly throught the books. Needless to say i would rather not risk fighting without leg/arm protection against amateurs who might not know what they are doing, and borrowing a sword is also out of the equation.

That is a problem.
Could always find some like minded anons in your area and correspond with someone online to get an idea of theory that you can all then try out?

Not as common as for the eastern martial arts that are basically 100% unarmed focused, which to my knowledge is what Bruce did most of.

I do HEMA, we get plenty of wrestling, but unarmed and unarmoured wrestling/fighting is obviously not as big a part as in a discipline focused on it. A lot of the wrestling, in my case, uses the longsword as a tool for example, often expecting you to have both said longsword and a dagger (and the opponent being in plate).

Like i said, there is a local group i will probably join once i buy all the equipment and have a throught look at the manuals.
I'm not very hopeful that i could set up a group composed of likeminded people, considering i dont live in a exactly white country.

My point being, if we're both unarmed and unarmoured and we both spent 10 years of our lives training, but his training was 95% unarmed unarmoured training while mine was only 20-25%, he'll have the advantage in that situation.

fuck off you larping autistic faggot.

Eastern martial arts aren't 100% unarmed.

And if the wrestling you're learning is all longsword focused then the guy teachin you is a tool.
A swordsman needs a good grounding in wrestling. Proper wrestling not just grappling.

For those who like to autist over swords, this site has some of the most beautiful crafts i've ever seen.

Forgot the link www. templ.net

chinese and indian ones are ridiculous, korean martial arts are great if you're an acrobat and most of the japanese ones require the usage of swords and/or traditional japanese farming equipment to get intricate
other than that its usually punch your opponent in the throat, snap his arm via the elbow and somehow either snap his neck or kick/punch his nosebone into his brain

Love the rapier.

Depends on the art, however way moreso than HEMA, especially when it comes to armour and heavier armour in particular.

Missing the point. The point is if you're learning, say, longsword HEMA, wrestling will not be the main component. You get basics in wrestling but the vast majority is still focused on longsword fighting, and most wrestling will be taught with the longsword (and possibly armour) in mind.

HEMA covers a lot of different things.
From multiple kinds of wrestling, to pugilism to weaponry.
Hell you could probably throw bartitsu in there if you really wanted.

And as for what you learn. It all comes down to your group really.
Mine is focused on fiores flower of battle. So we cover everything from wrestling to dagger to single handed sword and longsword.
Then we diverge into all sorts of other things as the mood takes us.
Such as sword and buckler, english quarterstaff and the messer.

In the ye olden days those prospective swordsmanship students would have already learnt a lot of wrestling growing up as back then everyone wrestled.
This would have been expanded on massively during their education.

It's important to remember that before that before they got turned into competitive sports a lot of these eastern martial arts were partially intended as training programs for specialist troops.

nice try, gold fleece stealing nigger. thats right, I said it.

If you are fighting someone who don't know any martial arts, the most basic judo throw will win you any match. But that armlock is damn sweet

not sure if this is one of the first ones you lean, but I have only completed about 2-3 years of judo when I was 10-12 and this one is the only one I remember how to do

whats that? I cant hear you over the sound of Persepolis getting crispy

THE GOYIM ARE AWAKENING TO THEIR OWN CULTURE.

MY SILVERSTEIN KARATE CLUB WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE OY FUCKING VEYYYY

Wrestling, grappling, knife fighting and so on will ALWAYS be useful because you don't always have your weapon and a firearm is not always an appropriate force to use.

Do you want your girlfriends boyfriends kids learning "Karate" and "Tae kwon Do" Or do you want them learning the noble art of self defense from a white person while connecting to their white ancestors and history?

Judo is pretty cool but a lot of the throws give me pause. Since it is a sport, a lot of the moves seem like they put you into bad situations.

That said rushing in, warding blows and throwing your opponent to the cold, dead earth to dispatch with weapon or boot is pretty much the pure essence of HEMA.

Sad, i thought we were having good bantz here.

if you're not persian that just leaves some derivative of turkroach
get out ilryi begone before I get the bug spray and piss off the UN

You've got to be careful with modern asian martial arts and throws.
A lot of them don't work if your opponent is putting any real resistance into it.

They also cost thousands of euros with all that ivory, fossilized wood, gold, jewels, etc.

I'd be scarred shitless if I ever used that in practice or test cutting.

Absolutely. I remember taking Aikido as a kid and the fatass fat ass instructor….he was at least honest. "Oh in a real fight. Don't use this stuff. It takes like 10 years and.." left.

Real self defense SHOULD NOT TAKE 10 YEARS TO BE USEFUL. You can learn more of Fiores stuff in a few solid months of drilling. Longer just puts polish on the movements.

Fuck I hate Aikido. What a waste of 3 months of my youth.

Aikido is one of the ones I've never seen a throw work against an opponent who isn't compliant.
Especially all those wrist manipulations. It's fucking yellow bamboo tier bullshit.

My ancestors removed kebab, can you say the same?

also pay the debt faggot.

Those dont even have jewels, kek.

Yeah Aikido like Bujinkan…it was meant for guys in armor during a different age. Armor joints lock, the guy flips, you got armor to protected your face.

Aikido is a cult wrapped up in a martial art that kills it's members in real fights. Totally fucking shit. #MAD

Please stop making me nut.

Thats the thing though. Their armour didn't have those kind of joints.
It's pure bullshit.

We must save our NEET youth from wasting 10 years learning Asiatic acrobatic rolling and get them doing pure Aryan HEMA instead.

Imagine the minds of our NEET class turned from anime to Liechtenauer? We would have the ultimate.

fucking Kek you're a georgian
also
the most exciting thing I know about Georgia is the traitor who betrayed the mongol empire and who converted to islam Berke Khan died of diarrhea in Georgia

I'm troubled, is Georgia white or are you like armenians?
I suppose you're okay, though.

the gilding on the handle of the viking sword is sub-par

na the most hardcore japanese martial art is iaido fencing
the sport where in tournaments they use real katanas, dont wear any protective gear at all and engage in three strike matches with one another
the first to draw blood on the opponent is the winner, medics are always on standby off the edge of the mat and people are frequently killed during matches after getting their arms cut off or their neck sliced open

YOUR FULL OF SH-

Links? I don't believe the Japs have something that amazing sounding.

It is funny though that is how the Fechtschule prize fighting would often go. No protective equipment, first blood or surrender.

They never really did, Jews did. Best part? they didnt even use martial arts, Learn history faggot.

And then there are these guys.
hroarr.com/support-fighters-against-racism/
The /asp/ thread on 4cuck is about the same.

Why using so outdated weaponry? Sabre fencing seems pretty similiar in movement to me and cutlass and sabre were actually used till the end of WW1.

I for one don't buy this.

yeah in iaido its usually cut to the arm or leg and you've lost but i assume persons have been gutted accidentally in the match
considering its a match of extremely skilled fencers trying to wound each other wearing nothing but kimonos and hakama in less than 3 strikes
I dont have a video ive only seen photos of it before
I imagine they dont really like to televise or store footage of people getting killed and im sad to say its a dying sport in Japan

The only viable HEMA style for the current days is the dagger combat, really.

I think this is more an urban legend.

you decide, i think we're pretty white. but taht doesn't say much, eastern georgian genepool is full of shit invader DNA

post you're face when you get your ass kicked by a group of nerds dressed in tinfoil knight costumes

Europe was always a sword culture so the blade has lived well beyond being used in war.

Training with the sword teaches you pretty much how to use any weapon.

You grapple, you cut, you half sword…. You apply the same movements to knife fighting, stick fighting, staff fighting, spear, halberd etc.

Yeah we're not going to be carrying around a sword unless we're hyper autistic but a knife? your hands? A walking stick while hiking? Yeah.

That and we can't forget the historical/spiritual significance of the weapon. It's a huge, huge part of our Cultural spirit.

ah found a vid of a demonstration championship
you'll notice how they use real swords
I cant find any vids of actual iaido fencing just demonstrations

For the walking stick?
Pick up some Pierre Vigny's work.
The man is THE definitive source for stick fighting.

Who the fuck's got money for HEMA? Don't get me wrong, I'd be the first to jump on punishing my wallet on anything LARP and HEMA-related, but I'm a poorfag and won't be able to afford it. Probably a reason why many people don't do it too.

If you talk about acquiring knowledge and putting it to good use once you get the money, however, then you're cool and yes this is a good solution.

Those faggots?
They don't ever actually spar.
All they do is practice "forms" and sequences.
The goal for them is to get everything exactly right in terms of movement, there's no real martial context to it all.

You can get it all for free. I made my first dagger from an oak dowel (same with my sword). Nicer wasters can be bought for 50-70 bucks online and will last you for years.

NO EXCUSES. LEARN! LEARN YOU NEET!

yeah i know
but Occasionally they have fencing matches which are dangerous
it has no real world application this skill I admit but I imagine its interesting to watch when they do have a fencing match

I knew a faggot who was into that.
They don't spar or have any kind of competition outside of trying to show who has the sequence of movements most perfect.

How do you make daggers and swords and shit? Explain thoroughly. I got a lot of time on my hands and may be able to make one or 2.

But yeah for the protective stuff? ARMA guys don't use any gear besides a mask (for hard sparring). They believe it teaches bad form because your always relying on your gloves/mask etc to protect you.

Without them you act just like a sword is being swung at you. You move, guard, attack. Yes you get lots of bruises but..pain teaches.

Seems right combined with a decent firearm.
But the often shown reverse grip in traditional dagger martial arts is shit. Every contemporary knife fighter will prefer the additional reach over stronger grip. prove me wrong

Hey I like my ANIMES sometimes, I just have almost zero interest in period ones because I could care less about katanas and ninjas and all that. It's pretty easy to get disillusioned, kids just need to become aware of their own historical weaponry. Appreciation for the past helps cultivate a better future which is why the sword in particular (being so easily recognizable) is powerful as a symbol alone even when modern tech greatly overshadows all of it. A sword is way more aesthetic than a bomb will ever be.

Go grab a kitchen knife and compare the reach advantage you get. It's about an inch or two.

The downward stab is strong and natural. The only time you should be using the knife point forward is when your attacking at the stomach and lower.

Also I think with HEMA at least the knife stuff we has was for guys fighting other armored guys (Or hoping too anyway). Much easier to drive a point through heavy clothes/armor when it's down.

Im sorry, did you just claim the guy who invented mma didnt know wrestling? Bruce lee who did jiu jitsu and trained with judo jean labelle? Are you a fucking retard? Also, bruce taught and advocated for eye gouging against grapplers

RECOGNIZED INFINITY DUBS.

And yeah, Anime is ok but agreed. We need to let kids know "You don't have to suck off foreign heroes. We have our own badass historical figures. Here is how they fought"

If I had found this as a little kid I would have lost my shit.

ah i screwed up
i meant iaijutsu thats the almost dead sport

That's my point. Nobody wears armour anymore. I would always recomment to slash towards the opponents eyes or throat in a direct fight. not at a sneaky takedown though
With too much perforation strength you run the risk to stick the tip in some bones losing your weapon.
I would say, it's even some more cm in reach + you have the ability for fast snatches and no need for sweeping arm movements
Eventually it may distinguish between beeing badly cut yourself or striking fatally at your opponent.

Sumerian. The Egyptians got it from Sumer. Sumer developed a lot of military shit that was improved upon by other civilizations.

That guy looks like he's being bullied by all the polearm heads.

Speak for yourself.
I live near shitskins and have seen more than one stabbing.
Now I wear a lorica hamata underneath my regular clothes.
The local police also wear chainmail when they have to deal with kebabs.

Because that's Egyptian.

Yes. Was that suppose to be a hard question?

This is the "folkstyle" wrestling I did in high school. I always thought that it was a fabrication of the Public School Athletics League, but I guess not.

If there's one thing that europeans love and developed aggressively. It's wrestling

Until you doesn't wear an additional integral helmet and bracers your face, neck and forearms are still unprotected and most likely to get injured in a knife fight.
It's a great thing to counter sucker kidney stabbing by shitskins and if i could afford one i would probably buy one myself but currently I try to safe money on firearms and a plate carrier for DOTR.
fortunately I don't live near shitskins
hold on user

Some anime do feature pretty cool scenes of Western-based melee combat.

THEY HAVE NUKES!!!
Also, this dude has written three books.
What have you done?

I hope you are aware the first picture isn't Stalin.
As for all this LARPING shit. I am all for the studying and preservation of white history and warfare. BUT you need to be practicing REAL LIFE combat aka modern day weapons. It is more of a disservice to your people and country if you play around with what is not going to matter in the end.

When I was lurking the thread for that anime on /a/ I don't recall screenshots of stuff like that. Fucking faggots only interested in something they can fap at.

We really need to do everything we can to make sure this gets big. All LARPing aside, take away the costumes (except for formal matches/demonstrations), put on a little protective gear, and make it full contact - you've got the potential to do what MMA did to boxing, but with fencing.

If we can even get clubs in colleges and high schools (along with teams and competitions) you've got a great opportunity to teach kids about history, culture, and instill some good old values into them - like honor, discipline, bravery - things that are really lacking now. It's also a good way to turn scrawny betas into strong young men.

Make Dank Souls real tbh

This. Though I'm not sure about them learning from the Britons, either way the Celts were way more advanced than people give them credit for, the only problem was their battle tactics, where they relied heavily on breaking the enemy with a strong charge.

Be safe user.

HEMA is fine but it's filled with liberals and fat tumblrites with purple hair.

Not him, but there's like 9,000 videos that show you how, it's not hard. If you don't have tools go to estate sales and buy them. I got piles of tools for cheap that way. I'd like to make one of these, but I can't find the time.

Weird isn't it? I always thought shitlibs hate anything to do with European history.