Can dictators ever be good ?

Can dictators ever be good ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benevolent_dictatorship
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Foucault#Final_years:_1980.E2.80.931984
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not the dictators who are good or bad.

I.e. they could be either, but their personal qualities are absolutely irrelevant in the face of the system their dictatorship presupposes. And this system is bad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benevolent_dictatorship

A benevolent dictatorship is a theoretical form of government in which an authoritarian leader exercises absolute political power over the state but is seen to do so for the benefit of the population as a whole. A benevolent dictator may allow for some economic liberalization or democratic decision-making to exist, such as through public referenda or elected representatives with limited power. It might be seen as a republican form of enlightened despotism.

The label has been applied to leaders such as Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (Turkey),[1] Josip Broz Tito (Yugoslavia),[2] Lee Kuan Yew (Singapore),[3] Abdullah II of Jordan,[4] Paul Kagame (Rwanda), and Qaboos bin Said al Said (Oman).

Dear fucking christ, is THIS how bad wikipedia has gotten?

"Has been applied to", not "is".

wow so literally every dictator can be put in that list, since every dictator has been called benevolent! not to mention it doesn't even have a citation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word

Yes
For example, Ataturk

No, faggot. The point of the sentence is to say that others have called him such, not that the article claims that he is.

that's literally weasel words and used to be banned on wikipedia

No, the assertion is cited and has explanations further down in the article for most of them.

I would be a good dictator.

I'm sure every shitty dictator thought that at some point.

Pretty sure some of them didn't care how good they were.

Then I will think I will be a shitty one so I can be a good one.

But really though I obviously wouldnt be dumb enough to run a country all by myself. I would have help and take public and scientific opinion. So i wouldnt be a true dictator.

Yeah, well they still end up doing a shitty job.

The Paul Kagame entry isn't even cited. You're a fucking retarded faggot, please kill yourself.

Because they are greedy bastards that dont care about consequences

Who is this Michel Foucault? Every time I debate with a degenerate faggot they always bring him up, but I've never actually bothered to read any of his books because I don't think that moral relativist faggot's opinions matters. I don't even think those people can be considered human

Yes, Pinochet is a great example.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Foucault#Final_years:_1980.E2.80.931984

wtf? i hate Foucault now

Yes but they are still at risk of corruption and making avoidable mistakes.

Nigger What the fuck.

People hate us because of dipshits like you.

Reminder that there are some dictators that some people refuse to recognize as such, like Buenaventura Durruti, or like I like to call him, the Spanish Stalin.

I'd rather have social democracy.

We know you would rather choose your dictator, classcuck.

Dictator is a term as politically useless as totalitarian, it's supposed to be a synonym for autocrat but in practice it's exclusively used as a pejorative to designate any regime the West doesn't like.

Says the one adhering to a dictatorial ideology, kek

mad

I'd rather have you gulaged.

In Rome, dictator was a guy that was called when an emergency happened and republic couldn't act fast enough. He was supposed to then go back to his farm.

Ceasar for example didn't go back to his farm.

So, it's all about who guards the guardians and how to keep the dictator in checka.

I wouldn't have gone back to the farm either, tbqh.

Once you have power, and the will to use it, why would you renounce it? I wouldn't, that's why I don't trust people with more power than me (which is a lot of people).

Good dictators are terrible because when a bad dictator comes along people remember the good one and think the problem isn't the system, just the guy in charge.

nice spook nerd
I'm my own.

No

I can't remember the name of the guy that did just that. Go back to his farm. Most dictators went back to being rich and so on. He just did his duty and went back to his life.

So, there can be "good" dictators, but it takes a good society to make a good dictator.