Why Rick and Morty is NOT Reddit: An Essay

7 Page Essay Incoming. If that much text is TL;DR for you, please ignore this and move along.

I’m going to come out and say it, I love Rick and Morty. It’s one of my top favorite shows, and it’s one of the few things in life I look forward to and keeps me going. Yet before even giving me a chance to explain my reasoning for it, Holla Forums users will be as fast as lightning to tell me to go back to Reddit, or to dismiss Rick and Morty as “Reddit” in itself. At first, this merely seemed along the lines of the edgy contrarianism found within Holla Forums, much along the lines of the insufferable Star Wars prequels being “kino”. It seemed like nothing more than a mindless meme, so I paid them no mind and figured it would just die down eventually. But it didn’t, and only gained traction across many other boards on Holla Forums. It got so expansive that an infographic arose to explain why the show is dismissed as “Reddit”. The infographic starts with this opening statement:

“When Rick and Morty discussion pops up on Holla Forums, many will rightly criticize the show for being “Reddit”, an observation that is often outright denied or criticized for being too vague. While “Reddit” is used disperagingly for a reason, the term could use some clarification. Put succinctly, “Reddit” is used as an adjective to describe a program with certain characteristics designed to appeal to the same audience that heavily uses Reddit. These characteristics are contrived enough that they are easy to spot, and are as follows:”

So I read each and every one of the points on the infographic, and needless to say, none of them made sense to me. These are nothing more than baseless accusations that observe Rick and Morty in a surface-level manner with even more ignorance than the gullible normies swarming into the show’s fanbase, which pose a significant grievance to the fanbase’s veteran members, myself included. Rick and Morty has a unique integrity to it that I don’t think deserves to be ignored by the “Reddit” dismissal. Therefore, I’m going to debunk each and every one of the points that substantiate the claim that “Rick and Morty is Reddit”, exposing them for the fraudulent accusations they truly are.

“Glut of surface pop culture references: A Reddit user’s cultural references are restricted to Hollywood science fiction films and other “nerdy” fictional worlds. While these works can display thoughtfulness on their own, Rick and Morty will often soullessly deploy their aesthetics and jargon (ray-guns, wormholes, etc) without any sense of wonder. The show is effectively signaling a creativity it does not possess while simultaneously comforting the viewers with familiarity. In lieu of actual memorable moments, Rick and Morty will occasionally also resort to specific references to established intellectual properties (“Mad Max”).”

To start, the assumption that Rick and Morty’s science fiction references are not only heavily relied upon for the majority of its substance, but also that they stem from predominantly popular and well-known products like Mad Max or Star Wars, seems to imply that Holla Forums users are making such an assumption from first glance of a few episodes, or worse yet, jumping right into season 3 without having seen the rest of the show. While there are admittedly references to more popular science fiction works in the show, i.e. Inception, Nightmare on Elm Street, Jurassic Park, The Purge and Mad Max, the amount of far more obscure science fiction works Rick and Morty alludes to is in far greater abundance. These include, but are not limited to, Lawnmower Man, Event Horizon, OVA Kite, the films and cinematic style of David Cronenberg, Zardoz, Bad Boy Bubby, Cloud Atlas, When a Stranger Calls, Hyperion, Buck Rogers, and quite a few Stephen King references, including Needful Things and The Langoliers. And most of the previously mentioned references are from season one alone, and were only the more prominent references to be listed compared to many, many others.

Fact of the matter is, Rick and Morty knows its sci-fi, and is profusely dense in its expanse of sci-fi. And it uses this to its advantage, utilizing a lot of B-movie and cult classic material to subvert either traditional societal mores, or even the source material itself. When it utilizes more popular science fiction references, it’s for the sole purpose of parody, which can be either direct or indirect, depending on the plot of the episode. Anatomy Park is a perfectly functional and very creative parody of Jurassic Park, going a step further than most Fantastic Voyage type parody plots by exploring how such shrinking technology could be fully capitalized on. Rick and Morty’s pop culture references are, in all actuality, quite rarely surface-level compared to the plethora of more obscure references that only hardcore science fiction enthusiasts will recognize upon first glance. Reddit’s attention span cannot possibly allow for such extensive trivia expertise.

(CTD)

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/abs/1508.05949
youtube.com/watch?v=z1ALtcAO69M
nature.com/nature/journal/v429/n6993/abs/nature02608.html
hooktube.com/watch?v=Rb5EfPVK8XQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

“Juvenile nihilism: Much like the denizens of r/atheism, Rick and Morty espouses the view that, since God is Dead, life is meaningless and all emotions are the result of strictly biological imperatives. This philosophy explains the show’s gratuitous violence and narrow view of a cold, uncaring universe. Rather than taking any joy in the art of expression, Rick and Morty assumes the passive attitude of an emotionally-maligned undergraduate who has just read his first Camus novel.”

I’m sorry, when has Rick and Morty ever explicitly stated that God is dead, or that life is meaningless?? Just because Rick is notorious for pontificating these blatant nihilistic broodings doesn’t mean that they reflect the attitude of the show itself. There’s a reason it’s called Rick and Morty, and not just Rick: The Show, or whatever. What appears to be Rick’s brand of nihilism is meant to be funny not because it’s pandered to fedora-adorned atheists via shameless preaching, but because of the results from the interactions Rick has with other characters of the show, specifically their discomfort and confusion. At least, that’s what the results warrant at first. As the show progresses, Rick’s influence on not just the people he’s around, but the very world they live in, takes an irreversible toll on them, as they involuntarily apply Rick’s influence to themselves, albeit in their own unique way.

From being around Rick the most, Morty understands him the best, and the nature of Rick’s influence can be perfectly described by Morty in the season 3 premiere episode, The Rickshank Redemption. Just because Rick is arguably the most genius man in the multiverse doesn’t mean that his particular genius is anything to aspire to. Many fantasize about possessing unstoppably vast intellects and argue that knowledge is power. Rick’s intellect is a unique anthesis to this aspiration, deconstructing any notion that knowledge results in power, even when action is applied. However soul-crushing and hopeless as this may sound on the surface, Rick’s actions indicate that he sees life not as meaningless, but a constant adventure that he must throw himself into in the name of science, regardless of who’s affected along the way. In that sense, Rick’s personal philosophy is not nihilism, but rather egoism, doing anything he wants without letting anything stand in his way.

In regards to the “God is dead” accusation, it’s implied in various instances in the show that Rick’s personal brand of atheism is likely a forced reaction from what could possibly be a religious upbringing early in his life, or maybe just theological insecurity. Despite his nearly godlike unstoppable intellect, Rick has had plenty of moments of weakness, reminding us that even his own vast genius cannot overcome his humanity, no matter how many times he insists he’s above it. His desensitization to the entirety of the multiverse in his travels, in addition to the enigmatic emotional baggage he must carry from his cryptic past, must beget a perspective of the universe that does seem quite cold and uncaring, hence is the only way he believes he can cope with it.

All of this applies exclusively to Rick and his character, not the attitude of the show itself.

(CTD)

Go on…

“Toilet humor/wacky babbling: When Rick and Morty can’t bother to shovel any more pseudo-intellectual fuel into the furnace of its content, it resorts to silly catchphrases and toilet jokes. One of the recurring side characters has the prestigious moniker of “Mr. Poopy Butthole”, and other catchphrases include the mouth confusion “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub”. These incidents could be excused as comic relief if they did not constitute the moments that fans quote most incessantly.”

Quantifiably speaking, the toilet humor in Rick and Morty is not shown in as much abundance as is being implied from this particular accusation. Even when toilet humor is utilized in Rick and Morty, it’s done with arguably a better sense of creativity than other shows, i.e. Jerry peeing on the guns of sentient dogs to display ownership of the guns, only to have his face shoved in his own urine by the dogs as punishment. Another example of this is my personal favorite, when Morty is forced to kill a sentient space cloud, previously named “Fart” by Rick, to prevent him from eradicating all carbon-based life in the universe; following this tragic and difficult choice, Rick tells Morty there are more sentient clouds coming to visit, which Morty is at first devastated in hearing, only to reveal a coarse fart from Rick’s own ass. I normally can’t stand fart jokes, so for such a joke as that to get a laugh out of me is nothing short of impressive.

There are actually far more intelligent meanings behind “Mr. Poopy Butthole” and “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub” than on the surface; not to imply they’re genius-levels of comedy, they’re just smarter than they appear.

In the fourth episode of season 2, Total Rickall, the house is invaded with alien parasites that infiltrate the memories of its hosts and implants themselves as wacky characters, convincing their hosts that they’ve been with them all their lives and have a close sentimental bond with them. One of these zany characters is implied to be Mr. Poopy Butthole, but at the end of the episode, when he’s still among the family, Beth shoots him, believing him to be a parasite, with the shocking reveal that he was real the whole time, and Beth shooting him left him critically injured. The episode’s ending and its after-credits are both unexpectedly dark and heavy-hitting, instantaneously resonating with the viewers as they collectively expressed their worried concerns for a character named Mr. Poopy Butthole. It was all an elaborate ploy from Justin Roiland, co-creator and voice actor on Rick and Morty, to fuck with all of us. And it worked. Therefore, the comedy of a juvenile name like Mr. Poopy Butthole doesn’t come from the potty humor of the name itself, but from the intricate practical joke played on the audience that ends up shattering the 4th wall in a completely new way.

As for “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub” and various other nonsense catchphrases, these are all meant to reflect the absurdity of the nature of such catchphrases as they’ve been previously utilized in other forms of media. Rick’s abundance of usage for “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub” in the first season is revealed all this time in the final episode of season 1, Ricksy Business, that the phrase is an alien expression which, translated to English, says, “I am in great pain, please help.” This revelation deconstructs the absurd nature of the catchphrase that was thought to have encompassed it in its earlier usage in season 1, subverting it into an aspect of character depth for Rick.

Granted, there’s no excusing the excess of these phrases being leaked into the more mainstream portion of Rick and Morty’s fanbase. What can I say? Normies will be normies, and these normies have likely only gotten into the series immediately following the launch of the Szechuan Sauce meme… very similar to how the excess of hate for Rick and Morty on Holla Forums and Holla Forums has launched around the exact same point. Coincidence? I think not.

(CTD)

You could just use the green triangle thing (looks like this ">" without the quotes) so I won't read something I've read before.

“Irreverent violence: Like its contemporary animated program Family Guy, Rick and Morty will often utilize scenes of extreme violence. While this is by no means unique to the show, its own approach lacks the more beguiling uses of hyper-violence employed by talented creators (i.e. Verhoeven’s visceral interrogations of grisly spectatorship). Often Rick and Morty will tactlessly employ violence for a cheap shock, or tie it into another pop culture moment for a lazy juxtaposition. Since most fans of the show have likely never experienced the true trauma of violence themselves, these moments will come off as “daring” instead of trite and predictable.”

You know, I think this particular accusation can be perfectly combatted by this single quote from Morty in the eighth episode of season 2, “Interdimensional Cable 2: Tempting Fate”:

“Maybe people who create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities, you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through the filter of your comfort are less evolved than the ones that just communicate! Maybe your problems are your own to deal with, and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one-way ticket to extinction!”

In other words, the accusation in question is a straight-up Tumblrina-tier argument. I mean, God, it even reads like a haughty Tumblr post. In fact, it could even be argued that Morty’s outburst is meant to combat SJW attempts at filtering and censoring entertainment for the sake of “decency”, something I’d presume Holla Forums would be on board with from the start. Of all the things to pride itself of, I never thought Holla Forums would take inconsistency into account. Embarrassing, to say the least.

(CTD)

“Corporate complicity: In one of the most egregious examples of product placement in recent memory, the season 3 premiere of the show included a subplot in which a main character laments the cancellation of a McDonald’s dipping sauce. The mention of this sauce cascaded into real life when the restaurant restored the sauce after much fanfare. Rather than viewing this incident with suspicion, fans of the show “ate it up” on social media, so to speak. Surely a program that is purportedly one of the “smartest shows on television” wouldn’t debase itself by catering to such obviously capitalist utilities?”

This is seriously a deliberately narrow way of viewing the Szechuan Sauce incident, as there’s a lot more to it than mere corporate shilling. Not only that, but the focus of this accusation here seems to be put exclusively on the Szechuan Sauce incident and not of any other similar instance, of which, there are only three total… which can all be certifiably confirmed as purely satirical in nature. The first instance of this satirical corporatism is a flashback looked upon in Total Rickall, where Rick frantically informs the family of a Wal-Mart sale for Nintendo 3DS handheld gaming systems, explaining a way to “flip those sons of bitches for $230 bucks easy”, and finishing his frenzy by facing the screen towards the viewer and saying, “Nintendo, give me free stuff!” What comes off as hastily inserted and shameless advertising very quickly shifts into blatant advocation for scalping, with the gall of topping it all off with “Nintendo, give me free stuff” ensuring that Nintendo couldn’t possibly have sanctioned their mention in this particular scene. It’s actually quite savage when you think about it.

The only other two mentions of namedropping corporate brands in Rick and Morty are both in The Rickshank Redemption, the first being Shoney’s, a family restaurant chain along the Eastern US border that’s arguably fading into obscurity. The mention of Shoney’s can be seen in two different ways, the first being a charitable act of promotion to help raise awareness of Shoney’s existence to the show’s audience, and the second being the show’s way of expressing how they can name-drop whatever brands they feel like, regardless of whether or not they even have permission to do so. Advertising in entertainment is usually the decision of marketing executives, who perpetuate the idea that it’s a privilege for shows to be kept afloat on the airwaves thanks to commercials funding them to begin with. So for such a decision to lie within the hands of content creators without the jurisdiction of marketing executives, or even the regard thereof, is nothing short of a middle finger to the nature of advertising itself.

The only remaining instance of this name-dropping is, of course, in the Szechuan Sauce itself. This sort of advertising is especially unique in that it’s not only solely the creators’ decision to include it in the show without McDonald’s having endorsed it to begin with, but that it’s a promotion for what was once a dead and forgotten condiment, one that was essentially resurrected by merely being mentioned on a show like Rick and Morty. The show is basically boasting a nearly unstoppable power now, a power that was once considered absolutely inconceivable and defies the very inherent nature of televised advertising itself: the power of the audience and creators over the advertisers, instead of it being traditionally the other way around. This is nothing short of revolutionary in the history of television. It isn’t debasing in the slightest, it’s actually the exact opposite.

(CTD)

“In conclusion: Nobody cares if you enjoy watching Rick and Morty. However, the show is constructed so obviously that any denial of its formulaic appeal to the Reddit demographic is pure fraud. Additionally, any claim to its originality or intellectual status falls apart under close scrutiny. The fact that the show is so despised on Holla Forums is due to the fact that all of this evidence is clear to those denouncing it. It is so clear, in fact, that any given copypasta mocking the show will single out a few of these facets. Don’t get defensive when directed back to Reddit, rather take the advice you will end up in more appropriate company.”

This conclusion here basically cements the thickheaded denial that Holla Forums will display to any opposition to its forced memes and antagonistic nature, which is a subject entirely its own, and is better suited for another time. It’s basically brushing off any and all opportunity for legitimate debate over the quality of Rick and Morty by insisting it is exclusively Reddit and treats its testimony to such a flimsy excuse as essentially empirical in nature, without even having the slightest bit of self-awareness to the fact that the entire “Reddit” argument is, in every fiber of its being, a shameless ad-hominem, being utilized as a blanket statement to vilify the show as something it’s clearly not, solely for the self-satisfaction of the circlejerk mindset that opposes it to begin with. It’s an argument that refuses to acknowledge Rick and Morty’s merits as a show based upon its unconventional methods and sheer unpredictability. Yes, Rick and Morty is definitively unpredictable, and to deny that with such arrogant, baseless dismissals as it being “formulaic” would basically be admitting ignorance to the show’s true nature. Nobody could have possibly predicted a show like this doing things such as riding the beast of advertising like a racehorse, evoking the most absurd forms of investment from its fans, and even going as far as to air its third season premiere on April Fool’s Day with back-to-back repeats of the same episode up until midnight, all completely without warning.

The given conclusion here resorts to intellectual intimidation, with the aim of denying others the ability to rebut the fallacious arguments intended to label Rick and Morty and its fans as “Reddit”, much in the same way as the Nazi establishment dismissed Albert Einstein’s theory of relativity as “Jewish physics”; how convenient that Holla Forums happens to be infected by Holla Forums all the same, isn’t it? If “nobody cares if you enjoy watching Rick and Morty”, then how come the mere mention of the show is immediately met with hostility and barbaric alienation? Don’t you figure the reason people are trying to discuss it on Holla Forums and other boards on Holla Forums without being met with the “Reddit” dismissal is because they don’t want to be on Reddit to begin with? The reason so many people turn from Holla Forums to Reddit is because they’re looking for a platform of legitimate open discussion, completely unfiltered from mob mentalities, regardless of whether such mentalities are in support for the subject at hand or not. To be met with an equally obnoxious echo chamber as Reddit itself reeks of the most bitter irony of all, that instead of serving as a haven from Reddit, Holla Forums and Holla Forums as a whole has fermented into the opposite side of the coin, the tails to the heads that is Reddit.

As for my conclusion, I likewise don’t care if you don’t like Rick and Morty. What I do care about, however, is that if you dislike it, you actually voice your honest thoughts and opinions on it to be open to unfiltered debate, instead of brushing it off as “Reddit”, with the sole intent of eliminating any argument before they even form. Even as much of a fan of the show as I am, I’m perfectly willing to admit it isn’t perfect, and I have my gripes with it. The “Rick Dance” in Ricksy Business was cringeworthy for me, and it was thankfully forgettable. The fourth episode of season 3, Pickle Rick, as awesome as I personally found the episode itself to be, was not the best introduction to Susan Sarandon for me. And even I’ll admit that the third season’s writers might be a detriment to the show’s integrity, as can be seen with explicitly liberal tendencies inserted into the writing that ruin what could otherwise be enjoyable humor with obnoxious liberal identity politics. I would love to see more actual discussion over the show without any childish mob mentalities hindering the desire to express one’s honest thoughts on it, hence why the “Rick and Morty is Reddit” meme needs to fucking die. It’s forced, obnoxious, and thoroughly fallacious. It has no place in legitimate discussion of Rick and Morty, and it never did to begin with. So stop using it. For Christ’s sake, stop using it. Please.

This sentence is reddit incarnate.

>>>Holla Forums
Also
Worse than evafags tbh.

>>>/reddit/

>still bringing up cartoon shit on Holla Forums
Holy fuck, kill yourself.

The Nazis were right. Einstein was totally wrong. Both Quantum Mechanics "instantaneous action at a distance" and Plasma Physics (the suns missing neutrinos) completely and utterly invalidate all of einsteins work.
Einstein had replaced real research and testing with thought experiments, and has stunted our understanding for 100 years because most cosmological and physics models are based on his false claims.

I appreciate the effort you put into something so wholly inconsequential

I want to see more of your work in the future.

FYI main and foremost reason why no one wants to talk about this shitty cartoon here on Holla Forums…

IT IS Holla Forums SHIT!
If you wanna discuss it, take that shit there, you nincompoop. Might as well bring back anime threads while we're at it…

What the fuck am I reading?

Where is this pasta from?

I appreciate your dedicated autism user and your attempts at defending the shit which you love, but as several have said, there's already a board for cartoons. >>>Holla Forums

Why is this lady pooing out of her mouth?

maybe she's just as sick of dick and shorty as the leddipol plumpf worshipping morons are

As far as I'm concerned when the show went out of its way to hire vaginas for the sake of vaginas it was unredeemable. That isn't to imply there was much good about it to begin with. A few fifteen second clips here or there validating your personal views doens't make up for 20+ minutes worth of shit each episode, you insufferable cuck.

Bitch, when did I ever say that?? I said that Mad Max and Star Wars are more predominantly popular and well-known entities of sci-fi than the more obscure science fiction works Rick and Morty referenced. I never once indicated that Star Wars or Mad Max is good or bad. That wasn't the intention. Are you seriously this fucking retarded??

Easier said than done. Even they think Rick and Morty is Reddit thanks to the meme-forcing Holla Forumsfags spamming their hateboner for Rick and Morty all over Holla Forums. For fuck's sake, even Holla Forums thinks it's Reddit!! That's when you KNOW the meme has gone too far. Holla Forums started it, that's why they need to hear this.

Thanks, user. I also have an essay comparing Rick and Morty to Invader Zim, if you wanna see something really dedicated in its autism. I wanted to create a video for it, but I could post it on Holla Forums all the same, as soon as the "REDDIT N MEMEY LOLOLOL" meme finally fucking dies.

Is Holla Forums just absolutely incapable of proper argumentation? Is this the kind of daft sperging I should expect from this shithole? Or is it just you?

Fuck off, this is not Holla Forums nor r/movies

You're right. This is r/kino

Like I said, you are a cuck. The most you can do is parade around a few 15 second clips validating popular viewpoints on the board and trying your hardest to salvage the reputation of this shitty show.

Screech all you want, I don't see any actual arguments from you to begin with. Sad to see the only one of you Holla Forumsfags that actually came up with an argument hides behind a fucking infographic… one that was frankly too easy to destroy.

Jokes on you, essayanon, I shitpost constantly in Rick and Morty threads along with a bunch of other anons who have hated it with me since S1. We've been shitting on it for years and we won't stop now.

Anyways, the show tries to turn philosophy and science into digestible 5 minute clips, which is disgusting and makes retards feel like they're intellectuals, which may very well be what's going on here.

If I remembered the YouTube channel, I'd post the video of that obese faggot screeching about how great the show explains quantum physics and other intensive science subjects, despite them all being completely and irreparably wrong.

im not reading any of this

Reee, removed a bunch of text and forgot to remove the extra line break.

Then why did you post?!

I didn't

Now this is autism!

delicious copypasta that I will spread to cuckchan!
you have my thanks

And the centipede cycle continues

ok essaycuck
This where you dun fucked up:
ain't nobody got time for that
nothing left but the shitposting
where do you think you are?

Nice projection. You're the autistic tryhard defending this shit show like his life depended on it.
You haven't made a cognizant argument to begin with, so why would I stoop to give you more than shitposting? Besides, I called out the only positive this show even has, 15 second one off clips validating certain viewpoints. The rest of every episode is filled with shit. The inforgraphic you pretend to form a rebuttal against remains intact. Your desperate rationalizing masquerading as rebuttals to those points are just laughable.

t. Freddit

Calling a fast food sauce ad "savage" is something only a reddit would use.

I enjoyed your essay and read all of it. Sae it and repost it somewhere more receptive, because here the phrase "pearls before swine" come to mind.

I hve a suspicion that if all chans were destroyed and Reddit was the only site left the shitposters here would actually be overjoyed. If you appreciate a website, you wouldn't try to ruin it at every possible opportunity even if it's just "trolling".

I'm a huge big fan of rick % morty and even I think his arguments are shit.

I don't remember any of these, can you name the instances?

Everything subsequent you say can and should be ignored, redditor.

Rick and Morty is an utterly bankrupt show that coasts by on "le le le LE so random" gags and it caters to the most idiotic audiences.

Also, you evidently can't write.

t. butthurt redditor OP

Oh God I'm shitting myself. How is this real?

OP, I'm glad you spent time forging this masterpiece. This is honestly the greatest shitpost I think I will ever see.

tl;dr
dropped at

back to reddit

t. reddit

Where can I read more about this? I've always been suspicious of the rat-faced womanizer who got memed by later generations as the best scientist who ever lived, while all he got seemed to have been mere autism. They've been trying to pull that same Sir Patrick Stewart with magic science nigger but since the guy is still pretty much alive, everyone can see that he is actually a retard and thus the meme never really took off.

Special relativity follows by necessity from the postulate that the speed of light in a vacuum is the same for all observers. I know we like to meme about le ebul Jews and such, but what actual evidence do you have against relativity?

Keep in mind that the theory of relativity was substantially developed by Lorentz and Poincare before Einstein, he merely built upon and appropriated their work.

Being a rat-faced womanizer doesn't make you wrong.

So are you gonna kill yourself then when it doesn't get renewed in 6 weeks?

This is truly pathetic, don't post on my wife's son's favorite board ever again.

It is true that the speed of light in a vacuum is the same for all observers, but you are wrong in implying that this is the only postulatuon made by general relativity.
for starters, the upper limit for the speed of light is not the upper limit for the rate at which information can travel. Quantum non-locality demonstrates that this assumption is entirely false. This is also demonstrably false without Quantum Mechanics but with simple Newtonian physics. The imparting of the force of gravity between relative objects is also instantaneous, and regular orbitals in space would be impossible if gravity were bound to the speed of light.

Read anything to do with QM or visit thunderbolts.info if you are interested in Electrical Universe theory.
NASA recently had to completely remodel their cometary research, as it turned out that the "dirty snowball" hypothesis was wrong, and the electrical interpretation of the universe had predicted the properties of comets perfectly.
They are not balls of rock and ice spewing gas, but highly electrified chunks of rock blasted out from existing planets.

Thank you kindly, user. I'm glad to see at least some positive reception for my essay, and I very much appreciate your advice. Maybe that will get my point launched to higher public consciousness. What places would you recommend that are more receptive than Holla Forums here, if I may ask?

Of course. I would be happy to oblige.
This is primarily referenced in the title of S1E2, Lawnmower Dog, but is more than just a typical episode title where familiar sci-fi titles are switched around to fit the theme of the episode. It's in this case where the episode's B-plot has quite a few similarities to Lawnmower Man, with the dog Snuffles (later renaming himself Snowball) gaining higher intelligence and self-awareness.
Referenced in the very beginning of S1E5, Meeseeks and Destroy. This scene involves Rick and Morty on an abandoned space station, outrunning, as Rick says, "clones (of Morty's family) from an alternate reality possessed by demonic alien spirits from another dimension's future".
Also in Meeseeks and Destroy. At the very end of the episode, right before Rick and Morty leave the fantasy dimension, King Jellybean comes in, who both Rick and Morty acknowledge as the guy who tried to rape Morty, so right after they exit the dimension via portal, another portal pops up for a split second for Rick to fire a blast at him from some kind of gun, and when it hits King Jellybean, his head rapidly expands and explodes.

Not a Sir Patrick Stewartpost, I swear, but I'm very glad you think it's a masterpiece. Thank you, user.

Goddammit, why did it change my typing of "Sir Patrick Stewartpost" to Sir Patrick Stewartpost but didn't change it for user there??

FUCK

I'm not sure, but there's few places worse than here for discussion. So anywhere, really.

Stop shítposting now.

this needs to be preserved

I don't see how that's necessarily an Event Horizon reference.

And I still don't see what the hell that jellybean thing has to do with Kite. Kite didn't invent exploding bullets.

Why these ladies are eating shit?

I watch every episode, and I just pretend to hate it for memes, tbh.

>>>/reddit/

I wonder why shít is filtered now.
My favorite Star Wars General is shit.

Hello, R*ddit

You cheeky m8, bet you got this from reddit.

You convinced me, OP. I shall watch it whole and then shill it on the board so we can take it back.

Come on.

Lol, you write like if you were reddit incarnate.
Work on your typing style.

Yeah, good point… Do you think Holla Forums would be a better place of discussion? Or if Holla Forums as a whole is a lost cause, what other sites would be more receptive? Do you think I should just make a video of it for YouTube?

Do you remember the plot of Event Horizon, by any chance? It at least looked like something similar, with the space station looking very dark with heavy blues and blacks in the color scheme.

Exploding bullets may not have been invented by Kite, but it's at least one of the more prominent examples of exploding bullets in sci-fi, wouldn't you say? What would you say are more notable examples of exploding bullets in sci-fi, if you could list any? I'm genuinely curious.

Not sure if this is genuine, but if it is, fuck yeah, brother. Let's do it.

Honestly the shows pretty average, but thats it. I havnt watched season 4 though.

Autism

You wrote an entire essay attempting to refute, but all you managed to do was rebuke.

How to destroy OP's shitty tl;dr in one image

That doesn't destroy anything. It's just a bizarre screenshot from S3E5 with no actual context. Stop shiiitposting* and get a life.

*fuck you wordfilter, you won't get to me

Didn't read, nor do intend to read any of this shіt.

Get fucked, OP.

Has this been unambiguously proven (as in: has an experiment with these results been conducted)?

Newtonian physics becomes inaccurate close to the speed of light, otherwise there would be no relativistic effects like time dilation, which we observe on satellites. As your speed increases, so does your resistance to acceleration.

What do you mean? If it takes 8 minutes for light to travel from the Sun's surface to Earth, it takes 8 minutes for the curvature in space to spread - but once those 8 minutes have passed, the curvature is there and gets constantly "replenished".

Yes, he should repost it somewhere else - on Reddit, for example.

His "essay" is the complete dogshit of an imbecile who is desperately trying to defend his favorite little comedy series. Yes, the "humor" on Rick and Morty is complete shit, as are the plot, the imagery, the themes, and the abundance of forced catchphrases which were designed to be quotable by morons.

I don't see you actually trying to refute the essay, illiteratefag. Don't talk shit unless you can back yourself up on it.

best post i've read defending it.
in short, Roiland and (((Harmon))) seem to be wrestling for creative control and Roiland is winning. Roiland also seems to be low key redpilled.

Justin is also a goldbug and is into gold coins, so he's probably libertarian a.k.a OG 4chan before it transitioned into a brave and strong cuckchan.

10/10, made me reply, at least I got a good chuckle out of all that garbage, thanks OP

arxiv.org/abs/1508.05949

Let's assume for a moment that what you imply about the effect of gravity being a curvature in space time is true. That would mean that the Earth is orbiting at a curvature emitted by the Sun on an 8 minute lag. Since the Sun is traveling through the cosmos with the rest of our galaxy, the earth would be unable to keep a regular orbital and would be constantly being corrected towards a slightly more recent but still no longer existent curve. The Earth would be unable to keep its movement at such a consistency around the Sun. And I imagine this problem would be greatly exacerbated when applied to the further bodies such as the asteroid belt.

Pic related was able to accurately predict observable cosmological phenomena for well over a thousand years. Simply having an explanation for a phenomena does not necessarily prove the cause. The actual source of gravity is still not definitively explained in General Relativity. All it does is model its behavior, much in the way Aristotle had modeled the Heavens.

You must also think that liquids and gases
are physically expressed in the same way

I do too

I used to think it was a children's cartoon, but it is interesting to watch. It's a lot better than the crap that is usually coming on and it is a show that I look forward to seeing more of. It's also nice that it's still pretty new and hasn't been milked dry like the Simpsons and South Park.

Imagine having such an intellect that you can't even come up with an argument and can instead only make stupid faces.

tldr >>>/reddit/

Butthurt dogmatist detected.

i don't have to believe the proof has been tried and tested for over 80 years and still holds true today. maybe you are the dogmatist?

Da maf be gud
braise eignstan
.t you

General Relativity is Abrahamistic pseudo-science. You can't even make an argument in favor of its defense that extends beyond "no u"

you are both retarded. this reality is just a hologram.

it must be "pseudo-science" if it helped make the atomic age and predicted energy waves from 3 billion light years away.

don't you worry that might be more real than you think.

You do realize that research into atoms and sub-atomic particles developed independently of Einstein? You do realize that a model that predicts behavior is not the same as determining causation for that behavior?
I'm pretty sure you are trolling by now since all you've offered thus far are platitudes.

so your saying we can still make nukes without exchanging energy in different states please go on.

Don't encourage that retard.

You don't seem to understand what GR and SR is. Einstein didn't even get his Nobel for it, he got it for his research into the Photoelectric effect because relativity was of no consequence.
Einsteins model DOES NOT determine causation for behavior and is merely a descriptive model for behavior. The Aristotelian Model proved accurate for over a thousand years bcause it could accurately predict observable behavior, but that doesn't mean that the cosmos moves around the earth.
What's more damning about GR and SR was that it was invalidated by observable phenomena before it became the dominant school of thought. Einsteins theory was pushed by a largely Jewish media that was eager for a reunification of science and religion. A new cosmology that has a creation event.

do you even know what Einstein did lmao because it doesn't look like you know much about his work.
do you even know what his meme equation does or what the terms even are?

but its so funny. i can just imagine the sound of the keyboard every time i reply

Jokes on you, I'm phone posting from my bed.
I've been pointing out discrepancies between his theory and reality this entire time.
SR postulates that the speed of light is constant within a vacuum, which is something I don't disagree with, but I do disagree with the notion that space is 'empty'. And it postulates that the Laws of Physics are 'invariant' in all observations made without any inertial interference which is also something I disagree with because in order to explain this inconsistency they've had to invent Dark Matter (literally meaning matter that which we haven't discovered yet) and Dark Energy (literally meaning a force we haven't found cahsation for yet) to explain the violation of this constant within spaces that should by all means be otherwise inertial.
GR postulates that gravity is not an imparted force but is a geometric effect imparted into space. That mass bends adjacent space in relation to at least two units of mass. This would make perfect sense if reality were a two dimensional plane, which it isn't.

*causation

This is almost as retarded as the opening essay tbh

Stay butthurt.

see what you don't seem to understand is what space is or has to do with the equation maybe if you did some reading you would understand that the way space is in the equation your disagreements might change. also the way you describe dark anything is not correct.

Should I just start posting reaction images in place of an argument?

That would be greatly preferable to what you have been posting, yes.

Thanks for admitting you have no intention of actually formulating an argument.

Dan, go to bed, you gotta get up early and make more garbage tomorrow.

This is top tier shitposting

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools… how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

==REDTEXT== DOUBLE DUBS CONFIRM

OP here.
This is obviously a copypasta shitpost intended to demean any defense for Rick and Morty and perpetuate the insufferable "REDDIT AND MEMEY LOLOLOL" meme for God knows how long. No thought put into it whatsoever.

My essay came from a place of sincerity. That's what separates it from inane dribble like this.

t. reddit

Your post begins and ends with the same letters too bad you're summerfag newfag scum fuck off the plebbit.

(OP)

SPLIT MY POST INTO PIECES
THIS IS MY LAST RETORT

OP here… That was actually pretty clever. XD Good one, m8.

and you were trying to make us think you weren't from plebbit? christ.

Bump

Let's spam this essay on an [adult swim] live stream guys

I rewatched the first season the other day. I confirmed that it was always shit and reddity.
Not a bible touting guy but it's obvious it always had an agenda.
Not sure why I kept watching it if not because of inertia.

Also, that whole "2smart4school" thing is something a typical reddit user would say:

You sound like a normiecuck

I knew this from the beginning, but no one listened to me. I saw the first episode and it seemed like typical Reddit/Adult Swim(there's no meaningful difference) trash. After that I heard everyone going on about great was, so I watched two more episodes, assuming it got better, but it was still the same Reddit/Adult Swim trash. It's barely one step up from a Seth MacFarlene show.

a reminder

It's Holla Forums isn't it?

Wait no flags. It's probably half/co/

Please tell me this is somehow 4chan. I refuse to believe Holla Forums is this full of faggotry.

Check the post numbers, it's halfchan, I don't think any fullchan board has gotten that high yet.

half/co/ was the first to fall to the SJW invasion so that's not surprising.

Jesus, you're dumb. Just like how House MD generally sucks house cock, this show sucks Rick's cock.

At least before the female writers of course, now we see that the self-inserted asian shit-eating therapist was supposedly the smart person that had it all figured out.

The show has multiple moments where it endorses this kind of juvenile nihilism. Notably is both the miniverse episode and the one where morty explains to his sister that she should just let all the horrible stuff of the world be horrible, come watch TV. It's the least responsible and most nihilist way to deal. It's taking soma in Brave new world.

I like that you're trying to make an argument why this show isn't reddit, but you're doing a pretty poor job. Probably because it isn't a defensible position.

The defense of poopy butthole and wubba lubba dub dub is ridiculous to say that they're more than what they are on the surface. Shamalayan twists literally are less smart than they appear, not smarter.

Any argument about how smart it is is a stupid one to begin with. It's humor. Either it's funny to you or it isn't. To try and claim some higher intelligence because you thought a joke was funny is a fool's errand. Maybe the reason other people aren't laughing is that they were smarter and saw it coming or it's an old joke to them. Maybe they got it, but just didn't think it was funny.

Trying to argue about the intelligence of a joke…. like can you get any more reddit? I guess you could make it more reddit by not even arguing, but that's about it.

Fucking hell that's a dumb idea. I don't even know where to begin.

Yes, very revolutionary that they used product placement. That certainly hasn't been used since the beginning of television when Lucy was telling people to smoke.

youtube.com/watch?v=z1ALtcAO69M

It is formulaic. In fact, it would be better if they didn't destroy the formula in season 3, because it's getting worse than it was. Why the fuck are they focusing on boring family drama?

It's the same with immigrants. They want to live in countries where things are going well, but they're not willing or able to put the values into their heart that makes the country work that well. Just because someone's here does not mean they belong here. At the very least they should shut up, lurk more and learn the culture.

Anyone else enjoying this uncut autism?

Despite all the contrary evidence I went into intricate detail with in several parts of the essay? Outstanding rebuttal, genius. Bravo.

For one, I'm not sure whether or not you said "shit-eating" as in "shit eating grin", but Dr. Wong specializes in treating coprophagia, not engaging in it. Also, she doesn't necessarily have everything figured out, she's only fluent in figuring out other people's inner turmoils. She's a therapist, it's her job. Objectively speaking, Rick is still the smartest being in the universe, but he can't come to grips with the internal emotional conflict that even he himself can't seem to get a grasp on. He certainly could if he wanted to, but he simply doesn't want to, and doesn't treat it like it's an issue, hence where his mental illness lies.

No "juvenile nihilism" to be seen there. Not an ounce.

Morty never said that. He may have been alluding to burying his own corpse, which is indeed a horrible thing that certifiably scarred him, but what he was telling Summer is life is too chaotic for people to have predetermined purpose. He's saying she should let things be not despite that they're horrible, but because fighting it is more trouble than it's worth, and it's in turn more securing to bask in the simple comforts we know in life. His message wasn't to reduce everything to a bleak purposelessness, but to reassure that life is what you make of it, and is best not to be taken seriously to a hauntingly existential level.

Okay, explain please.
… That's not explaining anything. I never said jackshit about Shyamalan twists. I said there were layers beneath the surface-level toilet humor of those names and terms that give more to it than people would expect.

Okay seriously, what the actual fuck is wrong with you? Of all things that can't possibly be "Reddit", explaining the intelligence of a joke is way up there. People explain that shit all the time. They have been for probably the last hundred years, maybe longer. Critically analyzing comedy is nothing new, and it is NOT exclusive to Reddit. This is just… painful. I've been more than patient up to this point, but now it's starting to wane.

That was clearly an executive order from the cigarette companies funding the show with its advertising. The big difference is that Rick and Morty is deciding what it's promoting, not the companies.

T.brainlet
There's just no other explanation at this point. I didn't want it to come to this, but all evidence seems to draw to the very clear conclusion that you're just too fucking stupid to understand what I'm talking about. I mean, fuck me, you can't even refute my statements properly because you don't even fucking read into them! This is beyond embarrassing and frustrating. I feel like I'm arguing with a flat-earther, no exaggeration.

Oh, shut the fuck up. Holla Forums's "culture" is nothing more than the excrement of brain-dead Holla Forums chimps who got bored of politics alone and decided to shit up this board with their idiotic memes. And you talk a great deal about that immigration analogy… the fucking irony. You're pretty much demanding I assimilate to Holla Forums's autism instead of challenge them with something that actually requires them to think. You're asking for nothing to change. You want to remain unchallenged and mentally stagnant. From the looks of your piss-poor argumentation skills, I see you're already doing a fine job of that.

Rick and Morty was okay in season 1. It was fresh and was about Rick and Morty.

The the show is now Beth and Summer featuring guests Rick and Morty. I even get the feeling Dan Harmon hates the show too. He guest stars on Game Grumps and his tone and carefully chosen words seem to imply he doesn't like the show much anymore but he doesn't outright say it.

Hello, reddit

Rick and Morty has literal cuckolding in it.

Yes, in one episode. And it was meant to make Jerry uncomfortable as he's being mocked for wanting a "human holiday" where the family isn't absorbed into their electronic devices.

Get your panties out of that knot, Christ.

this
it's still presented as something absurd.

Why doesn't he just leave and take the feminist writers he hired with him?

Why couldn't this show have happened in the 90s?

Can we all at least agree that Rick and Morty is 9gag if it's not Reddit?

I'd say it is more Tumblr these days.

Why are they taking two weeks off?
How much Tumblrette garbage writing do they have to go back and fix?
Are they maybe gonna fire those holes they hired?

That isn't what Quantum Mechanics is.

This is an even more egregious error. It is 100% factually wrong. No information can be communicated faster than light through quantum-entangled particles.

>arxiv.org/abs/1508.05949
This link does not say what you think it does. It shows that particles can communicate faster than light, but no information can be transmitted that way. Look up the "no communication theorem".

Fuck this show. This board needs moderators. Badly.

So did King of the Hill

>>>/movies/
>>>/film/
>>>/ftv/
>>>/tvb/
>>>/tele/
>>>/a/
r/movies

also
Besides, R&M is still a tv show and this thread is hilarious.

Have you been living under a rock?

ITT faggots that care about what reddit likes
nice blogpost

did someone say Flat Earth?

You can transfer qubits between entangled atoms, so you're wrong there.

Here's a link
nature.com/nature/journal/v429/n6993/abs/nature02608.html

This is the board you chose. There was an alternative. You didn't use it. Now we have Holla Forums 2: shitpost boogaloo.

Last nights episode was, by far, the worst episode of Rick and Morty.

lol butthurt

I have hope for the next episode. I'm being cautiously optimistic. I would have preferred seeing Rick and Morty actually go to Atlantis.

every new episode of this show is the worst episode

Yeah, cartoons suck.

It still requires classical communication to actually work. You need to destroy the quantum state of the original qubit, then send that information to where the entangled one is, then use that information to turn the entangled one into a clone of the original.

If you want I can give you videos or actual scientific sources for why it works this way, whichever you prefer.

hooktube.com/watch?v=Rb5EfPVK8XQ

I bet they watched the rainbow room fight in The Holy Mountain and thought it was the deepest part of the film, then made that.
Fucking reddit as fuck.

Kys

Some people are so insecure. I love both Rick and Morty and interracial porn and Holla Forumsyps are never going to make me enough those things less.

PLEASE POST MORE

did you mean 'enjoy'?

fuck off

You better be saucing on that boy

Stop bumping this fucking thread you cumguzzling niggerfuckers

This board deserves to be nuked out of existence.

Fuck off you emotive clown.

OK, you've had your fun, but it is time to let it go.

You're loud

ur mom told me the same thing last night you gaylord

How much hair does that user lose every time this thread is bumped? the topic seems to be dead, but holy shit.

I thought that was an out-of-touch fake euphamism Seth McFarlane made up so he wouldn't have to outright say faggot on American Dad.

Don't tell me it's actually fucking real.

OP here.

I lose no hair whatsoever. It actually pleases me that Holla Forums has at least paid this much attention to my essay. Keep up the good work.

Why the fuck does reddit hate Rick & Morty so much!?

hmmmmm really makes ya think~

Does this mean it's okay to like the show now?

It's 80s and 90s slang, newfag.

LMAO

ARE U CEREAL NIGGER?

THESE FAGS ONLY COME HERE TO SHITPOST

GET THAT THOUGH YOUR RETARDED HEAD

RICK $ MORTY IS LEDDIT IS A FUCKED MEME DUMBASS

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

It's a mem u dip

I wish people stop forcing occult symbols without understanding their meaning.

lol pickle rick

rick and morty is a masterpiece, but Holla Forums is too edgy to admit it and needs to preserve its contrarian reputation since reddit appreciates it as well

It is low tier garbage, that is designed to make the lowest common denominator feel clever. The writing is hack shit, the character's are fucking awful. The best episode's are the non-character driven ones. This show pushes the "solo-genius" meme, which doesn't exist in reality. It is nihilistic post modern vomit. It isn't hated because it is popular, it is hated because people see through it's childish humor, and find that it is hollow and self righteous. No worthwhile substance and all of the shitty writing you can expect from modern writing. Also the episodes written by women, are exceptionally bad, they don't even capture the spirit of the show.

it isn't hated.

More you fucking kike! That was the best blowjob to be ever witnessed!

Defending a kid's show with such autism just made your case worse: Rick and Morty is definitely Reddit, only such a retard would care this deeply for such an insignificant and trivial thing.

Holy shit son, you're a lost cause.

That was a terrible blowjob.

It's TV-14 and/or TV-MA. It's not for kids.

Dismissed.