Have you forgot of Ross?

Have you forgot of Ross?

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/10/02/silk_road_s_dread_pirate_ross_ulbricht_asked_stack_overflow_question_under.html>https://archive.fo/vZOi2
washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2013/10/02/silk-roads-mastermind-allegedly-paid-80000-for-a-hitman-the-hitman-was-a-cop/
archive.is/wCK2g
deepdotweb.com/2017/05/29/silk-road-founder-ross-ulbricht-almost-ended-jail-due-water-leak-2011/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes.

bump for moral high ground

Who?

Is silkroad still a honey pot?

All marketplaces are honeypots now.

did they convict him of running TSR or for soliciting murder-for-hire?

., forward slash with question mark not best than The Divine Infinite Unity , The Difinity , The Difity , The Sidodi , The Delta-Difinity , The Delta-Difinities Entire , Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ ,.

!, HE HAS NO MIND RELEASE , THE FEMALES GOT HIM SUPER SLAVED AT " HAWAII " TO TRY TO USE HIM TO START A FIGHT , PLEASE WAKE HIM UP , STOP FIGHTING THE STUPID ORANGES FEMALE , THAT IS PART OF THEIR COMBO TO TAKEOVER MALE ORANGES AS A DEFENSE IN THE CHIVALRY CODING , WAKEUP , AND THANKS BE TO Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ , φορ ανυ ψεαχεφυλ φιρτυουσ γυιΔεΔ ηελψ ονλυ Διρεχτλυ φρομ Θε Δελτα-Διφινιτυ ,.

!, HE IS SIGNED UP TO A CODE THAT SENDS DAMAGE FROM HIM TO THE BLUES , AND THEY WASH OUT FIRE , AS IF A DEFENSE AND MEDICAL HELP , HE IS A BAD GUY , HE IS SOMEONE BAD ,!

What is a difinity?

They're a married couple, dude. Do you even Ross-lore

Wait, what?

I wonder if he's joined the aryan bortherhood yet.

bump

never forget Ross guys!

Poor guy. At least his family supports him and actively advocates for him.

who

He should have been sentenced to 10 years max, not a life sentence.

Are you underage?

Oh, that homo. There's no way I'm going to bother remembering his name or face. He was a dumb motherfucker and it's no surprise he got caught.

Actually it's a surprise that he got caught because he used tor.
Which highlighted a weak spot of the use of tor, you See Ross only used Tor when he went on his website and nothing else this helped the FBI to know that it was him when they began to spy on him.
Morality is that when you use Tor you use it all the time for any purpose and you augment that you have to set up a Tor node to help you blend in.

Didn't he get f*cked also because of his posts on StackOverflow?

Sucks to be him

also
kinda his fault, innit?

I think it's cuz he posted on reddit

Damn, there's no spakle in his eyes.

Even if that's true they'd need something to go off of in order to even suspect him and start spying on him. He got caught because he had shit opsec and reused usernames. He got fucked because he didn't encrypt the laptop he used to run the site.

No no, I remembered right, he did dumb moves on Stackoverflow.
His account and the couple thread he made are still up, here's an article about it:
>slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/10/02/silk_road_s_dread_pirate_ross_ulbricht_asked_stack_overflow_question_under.html>https://archive.fo/vZOi2

I'm not sure that's correct, but the Feds suspected that he would be using full disk encryption and made a point of nabbing him when he was using the laptop, so it would have been unlocked and had the encryption key in memory anyway.

what was he convicted of: running TSR or soliciting murder-for-hire?

yea but it was a setup/manipulation by the feds during a time of desperation to punish what was seemingly a major theft by another silk road admin. washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2013/10/02/silk-roads-mastermind-allegedly-paid-80000-for-a-hitman-the-hitman-was-a-cop/

Yeah.

Idk but he fucked up big time with the murder for hire bits. East way to lose any sympathy.

Apparently he got fucked up even before SR
archive.is/wCK2g
deepdotweb.com/2017/05/29/silk-road-founder-ross-ulbricht-almost-ended-jail-due-water-leak-2011/

That has never been proven in court. The feds used it in order to frame him as a violent criminal so that people "lose any sympathy" for him, as you say. They didn't even try to prove it. All they needed was people believing that it was true, which it was most likely not. Ross's serving his life sentences for nonviolent crimes.

I don't see how this could be true.
How does using a regular browser and using TOR have each to do with the other?

literally who?

oh yeah that guy. no we're not underage, we just don't care about some stupid cyber drama

I thought he had encrypted it, but got nicked before he could shut it down in time.

It's Tor, not TOR.

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:
Do that day after day, and it won't be much of a mystery who is accessing a Tor hidden service. LEAs might not be able to follow your traffic through the network, but they can make correlations between things happening at various endpoints. The more people who use Tor, and the more people using a particular hidden service at a given time, the harder those correlations get, but over time, they can still be made.

Tor isn't magic. People seem to forget that there are inferences that can be made without compromising the onion routing technology itself. If there's only one person in Bumfuck, Nebraska using Tor at a given time, and at that same time *someone* looks up the weather forecast for Bumfuck, Nebraska through Tor, I mean, gee, I wonder who it is.

It's for reasons like this that it's important to get as many people as possible using Tor, to use it for more than just your questionable activities, and to think about personally or geographically identifying information you might be sending over the network.

Glad he got caught, should've put a bullet in him and call it a day.

Yeah, the thing promoted on soystream Netflix shows is 100% safe and trustworthy.

How is running a website, synonym for drug-dealing?

How can anyone be this retarded. The details of how he got caught are fully out there. A combination of horrible opsec, and technical misconfigeration of captua system.

he posted on shroomery i believe. Talking about bitcoin at the time, asking for web developers to contact him. I believe thats how it went down, also got investigated for having tons of fake IDs sent to his house.
Hes a bright guy, but not a business man. Would have been way better off moving to a country that doesnt support extraditing to the US.
This is why Agora was the best marketplace to date. Those guys were geniuses on every aspect of running a market

never
plus, they reran his American Greed episode the other day on

convicted for money laundring and hacking associated to running TSR
erronously sentanced for fake murder for hire
crooked feds got wrist slaps
they were on to him bigtime and he was fucked
the lesson - always close your laptop in the library when a couple behind you starts to fight...