And Another One Bites the Dust

Why does every project need a COC? Why can't fags and dykes stay away? Why do they care about MKVToolnix? I guess this can be a general for the
JUST
state of modern (F)OSS and possible non-cucked alternatives.

Does anyone know of an alternative for MKVToolnix? It'll probably go to shit now.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.nim-lang.org/t/2332#14329
cartusers.curry.com/bolNMdb/enc/20180109110610_368688363-james-damore-vs-google-class-action-lawsuit.pdf
gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
ffmpeg.org/developer.html#Code-of-conduct
openbsd.org/mail.html
mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2015-February/079218.html
mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2015-February/079227.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

good bye sweet prince

Many of the operations are possible with ffmpeg if you know what you're doing.

Because it's a facade of good intentions.
Most developers and normies don't see the useless side and worse the negative side that it brings.
The NIM community explained that very well:
forum.nim-lang.org/t/2332#14329

And if you look at what happened at google recently it's even more true today.
CoCs are the things that is bringing 1984 to reality
cartusers.curry.com/bolNMdb/enc/20180109110610_368688363-james-damore-vs-google-class-action-lawsuit.pdf
Especially this kind of coc:
gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

RIP MKVToolNix another package to remove or to fork.

I haven't felt the need to update it even once since I downloaded it, so whatever.

because jews.

gotta gas em' all.

Why do you care?

if it's actually enforced and you still want to go full torvalds just fork it

All my larps have Codes Of Merit

ffmpeg has a code of conduct
ffmpeg.org/developer.html#Code-of-conduct

though it's not nearly as bad as MKVToolnix's new aids infection, which is literally the (((contributor's covenant)))

I'm okay with this.

that was my impression when I read it. maybe i'm letting too much propaganda sink in, but you can't really expect these projects to allow full blown "1488 GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW!!!! FUCK YOU SANDNIGGER!" all over there git.

contributor's covenant is blatantly anti white, anti-male, and anti-straight though. any project that adopts that deserves to be forgotten.

That would be a glorious project to contribute to.

Tourette's OS?

Ffmpeg has some mkv muxing bugs, though.

I'm going to kill myself for being in the same world as that disgusting creature.

pic related, the retards pushing this nonsense.

badgoyWare.

Sounds more like (((black propaganda))), than political incorrecteness if you ask me.

It's like paying protection money. You know how shop owners in big city neighborhoods have to pay the local mob or gang or whatever so the gang's goons won't come and bust up the place? It's like that.

If you don't want a legion of mentally ill blue-haired fucks digging through your Twitter feed for one off-color comment you made 5 years ago, or organizing a campaign to flood your workplace with calls to get you fired, or trying to get you blacklisted or "de-platformed" from conferences and organizations, or trying to fracture your dev community to get you replaced as project leader, you might be tempted to implement a COC.

Anyone have a link to OpenBSD's CoC?

Pretty much the same shit you'd find on Usenet in the 90's. Netiquette: openbsd.org/mail.html
Looks like they're missing some typical stuff though, like "no top-posting".

Time to create a fork called MKVToolNigs?

this. The far left is like the mob and the moderate left is the crooked politicians and businesses who are in cahoots with them.

Hmm. You know that's a very interesting point. So you know, hypothetically, say I'm not that good of a coder but I need to be a "productive" team member. Maybe I could go over here, sip some coffee, and come up with some "rules of conduct" so everything runs smoothly?
Ok cool cool. Just think of me as the Operating System architect for our smooth-running community.
Now here's an extensive list of words that may not be used, another list that must be used, and convenient and socially-responsible redefinitions of about 800 commonly (but misused by racists!) words. We also now have simple, 1-page forms to fill out when asking permission to speak to a female team members. Thanks guys!

This. CoCs are new in software projects, only 5-10 years old, as non-tech people got into tech and wanted to find a way to make themselves useful. They're worthless niggers and there needs to be a revolt against them.

wat

TLDR

As far as I know OpenBSD doesn't have CoC.

neither of them are communist though

it was an analogy:

far left = the mob
moderate left = businessmen and politicians who get favors from the mob, and in return provide cover for them

Coreboot unfortunately ended up with one, but here's some good bits from the mailing list in relation to it.
mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2015-February/079218.html
mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2015-February/079227.html

Capitulation doesn't even help though, as they'll just expect enforcement on any undesirables when you do.

so what bad things happened to Nim as a result of their rejection of a CoC?
sounds like they just only the invaluable potential contributions of the one thing that suggested they have a CoC

Leftists are tools. Capitalists like Soros use you because leftists can further their interests (e.g. replacing human populations with mutts), present no risk (at worst a few stores are damaged), and even if worst came to worst they could just cut the funding to the problem elements and have the media tell leftists to direct their attention elsewhere (e.g. faggotry, which has nothing to do withh economics yet is all you care about besides niggers). It isn't the 19th century, you're not a revolutionary but a pawn who isn't even aware the game he's playing.

And that also applies to the so-called "libertarians", I'm sure you realize that.

Why do you? Pull copyright on all your contributions if you're that butthurt.

It needs both this and "no base64 encoded messages"
Or better yet "no gmail or protonmail niggers allowed"

They don't. A project should at most have a basic understanding of normal netiquette right from the get-go. At worst, maybe a couple of guidelines for project-related issues that have been beaten to death and are getting in the way of further development elsewhere. Things like this are poison.

However, keep in mind that, the above works in environments from 10-20 (or more) years ago when you had a technical culture with a hacker ethos and competent people writing code who could butt heads with each other and come out with a few bruises despite massive fireworks. But the people who are coding now are not cut from that cloth. What you are dealing with now, are hair-dyed quislings who get easily upset at everything under the sun and have trouble committing changes that don't cause the projects they are working on to vomit uncontrollably to death...let alone do anything to improve security, cut out bloat (etc etc). The closest to "hacking" they've ever gotten is replacing the sandwich bread at McSoynalds with "beef" patties and then posting about their brave "menu hack" on Facebook and how they only had to spend a few extra bucks for the opportunity to do this. The damn problem is that due to the West's education systems being fucked up 18 ways to Sunday, it's either them or the pajeets. Or at least it USED to be the problem, increasingly now you have the bones of once competent companies now being run (into the ground) by these idiots.

They are wholly unable to take harsh criticism, think ahead, or act rationally in difficult situations. They've been conditioned to snap at anything that disturbs this bubble. They have little personal curiosity or interest in self improvement beyond those areas that immediately benefit them. Some can snap out of this but in many cases - especially in environments where this kind of behavior is encouraged by others - they remain permanently stuck in a loop where they are too cowed to do much.

For these people, a Code of Conduct is salvation. It removes all possible means of external conflict, including conflict that could drive their developments forward, and replaces it with a grey square box that will protect their already fragile sensibilities, where they can work with people who they share no real dissimilarities to, from personality preferences to coding quality. Everything becomes predicable and samey. Something that is seen as beneficial by those who don't want any surprises; nothing that would be disruptive or unknown in a project they are using CoCed product for, and also no mavericks who will disrupt lucrative product lines or even social engineering efforts in one form or another before their time.

This of course is poison to FOSS or indeed programming as anything serious whatsoever, but noone who has any positive regard for a CoC AND also knows what it will do to a project (since there are useful idiots as always) will give a damn. Not that the aforementioned useful idiots would either, but their path to Hell based on "good" intentions is quite another thing than trying to drag one of the few net positives to human development in the last 100 years TO Hell...so really, why even bother disambiguating?

Why do you care? Why is this important? Are you a programmer who contributes to anything? If not, these things have no bearing to you.

it's almost like they don't want jobsworth parasites like you near their project

anyone would like their software without cancer i think

Even for users it matters for the same reason SJWs in vidya affects not only devs but gamers, and SJWs in tv shows affects viewers and not only actors. We're wise to your tricks, how can you be so stupid to think they'd work here? Go be a merchant elsewhere.

Why should I care about proprietary video games and tv shows? This is free software. Everybody is allowed to study and modify free software. A code of conduct affects nobody but software developers who want to contribute to that specific project. If they don't like it, then they are welcome to fork it.