NEXT Browser

From Reddit:

nEXT is a 100% open source browser written in Common Lisp
kind of like emacs, kind of not, super fast
source: github.com/nEXT-Browser/nEXT

---end reddit---

Reddit isn't talking about it, they're moral fagging about how the logo is too close the NeXT Computer logo because they're goyim.

What do you think? It looks cool because LISP extensible. First order of business is to add VI-mode.

off topic
but can we please have some kind of debalkanisation of the lispy languages? i like racket, i like common lisp, i like clojure, i like all of it but can there be somekind of convergence please?

it's shit

Is this actually something new or just another webkit shell.

It does implement webkit because it lists it as a dependency.

I came to start a thread.
I'm absolutely delighted with Tree-Style History which is something I've imagined before but never even dared to hope to bring up in a browser thread.
I wouldn't use any browser as a daily driver without an ad blocker, but I've definitely got my eye on this and I'm going to play around with it right now.

I don't think it's off-topic because the biggest obstacle to installing it right now is that the developers are macfags and have used some weird lisp or something

webkit shell. No non-corporation can create or maintain a web renderer in the Current Year because the jews at w3c have decided it must be so.

Needs to be ported to scheme/guile

greasy neckbeards never learn. it's easier for me to wiggle my red nipple without moving my hands at all than to learn 5 pages of Alt+Meta(what the fuck is that? call it Ctrl, you dumb hipsters)+G+K.

+1

t. babby duck who doesn't want to learn vi or emacs

something appears to be missing

There's nothing mnemonic about most of them (except maybe ^C), you just got used to those control sequences. But you had simple control sequences with Wordstar on CP/M in late 70's, and you had GUI in mid 80's.
The problem with GUI though is you have to reach for the mouse, and that slows you down and breaks the flow. Also for me it's just uncomfortable, but so are complex emacs-style key sequences.

So let me get this straight: a browser that's just a fucking browser and nothing more, with a real extension language that lets you tweak anything about the browser? Fucking yes! I have been dreaming of this forever, I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

A HACKING file. Why the fuck is this so hard to write? I am not asking for a thesis on how the program works, but please give me some bird's eye overview of the repo.

You can use the mouse and you can define your own extensions. It would be cool if the API allowed to add menu items and a toolbar, then someone could just write a basic plugin to provide the most common elements without bogging down the main program.

Scheme is much more beautiful than Common Lisp, but Common Lisp is the more mature language with more libraries, a package manager, and SBCL can generate native machine code instead of bytecode like Guile.

You won't see that among Lisp languages, but it would be nice if the individual languages could at least converge instead of each one doing its own thing.

1992 called, they told about something called "IBM pointing stick". Go up on Usenet and search for it.

is there a webkit browser with something like umatrix or noscript?

I have never once in my life seen a HACKING file but more projects should definetly have one.

That's not a pointing stick, mate. THIS is a pointing stick.

It's not really a "browser written in Common Lisp" unless they rewrote Webkit in Lisp. This is like embedding the IE ActiveX control in Visual Basic and saying you wrote a browser.

The engine is webkit
The application is absolutely LISP

This, especially when you spend thousands of hours writing configs

WebkitGTK / Gtk3.

>>>/back/

Epic memey gudpoast, my dude! XD

1+ upboat to u, my good sir!
this is exactly the kind of 'trying to fit in' shitposting which makes Reddit suck

its just the gtk web view with the buttons configured via lisp

at least its not blink

Sage is not a downvote.

Why would I want to use a browser written in a language for homosexuals?

Fucking name thieves.

stop posting autismo

no u

dude, I'm sick of people shilling guile, its shit compared to nearly every other scheme implementation.

By that logic every application is written in C because the heavy lifting is done by C libraries.

all programmers are queer, get over it

Not so fast fellow Rustreichen, Lisp is a perfectly decent family of languages. Not everyone is ready to be a white nationalist writing Rust to defeat the leftist niggerfaggots laboring to make it in the first place.:^)

They all sort of have different advantages, and disadvantages. The best way I could think of doing this is to have a common lisp implementation on top of JVM and to translate all SICP and all the other exceptional scheme learning materials to it. This way you'd get access to all the Java and common lisp libraries as well as the unmatched learning materials available for scheme.

stopped reading right there. go back

But where else should I get my tech news from, user-kun?

Stopped reading there

There's no balkanisation between CL, Scheme, and Clojure, they're different languages stemming from a common tradition and thus have a simmilar syntax. That's like saying C-like languages should converge, there's no reason for C(++), Java, and Rust to all exist at once.

The balkanisation is between implementations, which is a strength in as many ways as it is annoying. At least in CL's case SBCL is more or less the standard on x86.

Computers make you gay desu. Programming socks will turn your benis feminine :3

post some code or stop LARPing, faggot

They said wrote a browser, not a renderer.

benis :-^)

But that's true.

What's the performance like in this?

There is CTRL and there is ALT. Are people really falling for the windows key meme?

Because every keyboard out there has a Super key. Mine has two, in fact.

get out