F-35 program confirmed for dead

And that's the end of that shit plane. Trump just shat all over the F-35 program.

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/808301935728230404

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/quote/LMT?ltr=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Rich
zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-12/lockheed-responds-trump-tweet
warisboring.com/fd-how-the-u-s-and-its-allies-got-stuck-with-the-worlds-worst-new-warplane-5c95d45f86a5
earthporm.com/shrek-sheep-escaped-shearing-6-years/
fake-link.com
archive.is/4SyoN
archive.is/HI8Se
youtube.com/watch?v=1Cq7hf4ylvY
viewdns.info/reversewhois/
jollyjack.deviantart.com/gallery/
saffm.hq.af.mil/Budget/Air-Force-Presidents-Budget-FY16
archive.is/o7ll3
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_bribery_scandals
foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/top-gun-day-special-the-super-tomcat-that-was-never-bu-1575814142
theaviationist.com/2015/02/25/f-14s-that-never-were/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Press_Program
fff.org/2016/05/19/open-borders-libertarian-position-immigration/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gryazev-Shipunov_GSh-6-30
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henschel_Hs_129#Hs_129_B-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cue liberals coming out of the woodwork to criticize Trump for going against the military industrial complex.

I bet those granola munching hippies are in a shit fit right now.

The plane is a living embodiment of everything that's wrong with the military industrial complex.

It's truly adorable that their entire political worldview is based on doing the exact opposite of Trump.

I almost wish Trump would play a ruse and suggest we import Syrian refugees just to hear libshits object and now claim that muslim is an oppressive ideology and Trump is a misogynist for wanting to bring them here.

I just got medically disqualified from being a pilot :^(

stop reminding me

I saw your post about it in another bread. Its a small board after all.

Trump:

Libshsits:

How about combined paternity+maternity leave

I just felt like posting this.

Honestly Trump could advocate for amnesty and shitlibs would complain that now this is bad for American workers and would depress wages.

It even looks like an abortion.

ABSOLUTE MADMAN
Military Industrial Complex will get so mad

In fact, I bet all our good engineers died off because they filled US positions with kikes and POZ and this is the result of it.

What were they trying to achieve with the F-35?

Your guess is as good as mine. Something that does all roles in one package.

It's the classic "Jack of all trades, master of none" plan that leads into "Worthless at everything".

It was a good plane, very cheap too. They picked the F35 instead because it's more tacticool. To be fair, the F35 does look pretty aesthetic though it has nothing on the SU-35 or the U2S

Both YF-23 and the mouthbreather bastard plane were superior to the hyped up trash the goverment was bribed into funding.

Thats not an F-35, you dip, it's an F-36.

This is the F-35.

Christ, they look like model airplanes. Very plastic looking.

that ugly plane is the boeing x-32

F-35 is basically a gommunism plane

>Never really took off :^]

My bad, it reverse image searches to f-36.

I have noticed that if you reply to ugly retards with simply a picture of their profile picture, it will embarass them and make them shut up. It's actually quite hilarious.

To be fair it's possible the government really did waste that much money on a crap plane that doesn't work. But even if we roll with that idea, the general public doesn't know that and the government can't say anything about it. So, Trump has free reign to shit all over it with impunity, and then when in office make a big show of cutting the program (drawing the funding from elsewhere if it actually was funding important shit).

Plane is such a faggot it's gone slack jawed.

Saved.

More flashy yank trash.

The Hawker Harrier will always be the guard dog of the heavens.

Fuck off back to Reddit you cock sucking faggot.

Someone is happy

:^)

Shoo, shoo, go away kike.

Why would Putin annex Finland before Ukraine and Belarus?

Because Finns are not h'white

I can't believe those dastardly Russian spies hacked into my voting booth and changed my Clinton vote for Trump.

I was a proud #nastywoman and now we don't get WWIII with Russia!

Is that supposed to be like a kangaroo pouch that launches smaller F-35s piloted by mice?

So why would he want to include them in his country over his fellow Slavs? That's not how you create Greater Russia.

underrated post. holding the mirror up to them confirmed.

That's pretty adorable.

Bring us back

Proof?

Those dang Ruskies even managed to hack paper votes and plastic ballot boxes in Michugan and Pennsylvania.

Pic number 2 literally looks like a retard plane.

Fucking potato with wings.

Good fuck that piece of shit. Should have just stuck with the F-15, A-10 and F-18, since the F-35 can't compete with any of those in their actual role. Now we pissed away millions on a shit pile instead of building new planes from proven designs.

It's probably just corruption honestly. Black projects get funded by purchasing items on paper and then when nobody can find them everybody just bullshits the paperwork to avoid the hassle of an audit. The F-35 and that Navy ship is defense contractors lining their pockets and bribing senators and generals to not cancel the project.

I think the guard dog of the heavens would need to actually remain airborne britbong

because the author of that comic is completely retarded when it comes to geopolitics

Can you please provide proof that you need proof? Thanks

A big chunk of the money will be diverted in to actual military instead of lining the pockets of multimillionaire fraudsters.

Could've stopped there, really

THANK FUCK

Trump should get them to make a Metal Gear. That's what he should do

pic one

SU-35 is a good looking plane, I'll give you that, but it has nothing on the F-22. SR-71 deserves an honorable mention for being not just one of the coolest looking planes ever made, but also for how kick ass it was.

I've never understood why a tank with legs is such an amazing weapon.

He probably doesn't know any other countries outside of ones that he'd like to visit and ones full of brown people he'd like to import.
He probably just picked a wealthy sounding nation that sounded good and le randum. His idiot readers don't even know where Finland is so it sounds believable.

You guys are mean, it just loves to fly so much.

CARRIER HAS ARRIVED

I'd nominate the Viggen for a spot in that category.

clearly its because Putin means to attack us via greenland, we should flank from kamchatka before its too late!

A tank with legs could theoretically traverse all types of terrain

C-can we at least keep the helmet display system and stick it on other planes?

That’s the most insulting thing about this. The fucking faggot hasn’t even heard of the Winter War.

FUCK (((F-35)))
U
C
K

(
(
(
F
-
)
)
)

These are the best IMO. Not even larping.

PROFIT

They're pretty, but they're no 229.

NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN!

I know it's 2016 and we're no longer in the "can't wake up" phase, but please. WAKE ME UP

finance.yahoo.com/quote/LMT?ltr=1

As of right now they are down 4.23%

I've been in the two seater that was built in Everett. What a work of art.

Are you even trying?

libertarianism.

Not necessarily it, when it comes to the x-32 and Boeing consider that Boeing's corporate environment has shifted more and more towards marketing and services over many decades. The MD merger really put a bow on this as Boeing moved their corporate HQ to Chicago.

Of course, how could i forget?
vid related.

Wrong thread bruh you looking for the marxist resturant

Right on.

Why can't we just partner with the Japanese to create Gundams?

The entire world will learn to respect the Robot.

Lol no it couldn't you ignorant nigger. Learn what ground pressure is. Tracks are reliably mobile on more terrain types than legs.

Slant-eye video games are not a source of real-world knowledge you weeaboo degenerate.

Ivan you are drunk, go to bed. Your wooden planes ain't shit.

WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME
TO THE GOOD OLD DAAAAAAAYYYAAAAYYYS

WILL NOT FLY, TOO HEAVY IN BACK

NO IS JUST RIGHT FOR UPWARD DRIFT

TRUMP HAS 10 MINUTES TO BUILD A SUPER-LASER AND DESTROY OTTAWA OR I'M CHANGING MY VOTE

It's a little late for that.

he's talking about in 2020, when we have space elevators and fusion reactors

kek has descended. 2020 is going to be a wild ride.

WEW
E
W

IT IS WRITTEN

user, they say sevens and threes are powerful numbers.

it's called stealth, goy

WHAT THE FUCK Holla Forums YOU TOLD ME TRUMP WOULD BE THE EMBODIMENT OF HITLER HIMSELF, WHY ISN'T HE ANNOUNCING HIS FINAL DEAL PLANS TO GAS ALL THE JEWS????

HOLY SHIT, TIME DUBS AND DUBS DUBS
TRUMP WILL MAGA

WEW

WEW

The first stealth fighter program was lead by a jew
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Rich

fuckoff hijacker-cunt.
it's a 757

KEK CALLS IT
PERMANENT EXTRATERRESTRIAL COLONIES BY START OF TRUMP'S SECOND TURN
DEGENERATES KILLED AND RAPED

WITNESSED 😣💦💦

Is Ben Rich honorary for the SR-71? Or is he the kikest of turbokikes for not releasing all the fusion reactors and spaceplanes?

They ain't worth as much, but they're still dubs.

This probably means that all those aerospace engineers will have to dedicate them,selves to NASA.

I believe Kelly Johnson, the swede, lead the development of the SR-71. Ben Rich just did the inlet design.

Top Kek

Yeah Kelly the Swede really was the brains behind the good stuff there. U2 as well. Ben Rich probably just kept the Fusion Reactors and Anti-Grav locked away, fucking kike.

OY VEY we can't have the goyim using anti-grav tech.

Not to discredit trump but annexing finland has at least crossed putins mind

REMOVE THIS HIGHLITED IT IS UNNEEDED. THIS IS THE OPTIMIZATION.

Time to push aryan technology.

TOPKEK

Because every inch of ground Russia has lost since ww1 they want back

If the money was being spent as well as it could have: a source to siphon off money for every black budget in the US government

Based on what we actually know: a way to have the US taxpayers give Lockheed Martin trillions of dollars

Please, if we had that tech the kikes would have already given it away like how the (((Rosenbergs))) gave the soviets our nuclear secrets.

it is written.

That's assuming it can be flown by just anyone who can grab the stick.
maybe there's a mental component to it. :^)

WEW

I'm happy as fuck about this. Maybe we can get some real innovation and quality going on now. Or maybe just plane waifus.

CLASSIFIED LOCKHEED TECHNICAL DRAWINGS FOR NEXT GEN ISREALI FIGHTER
DO NOT LOOK

WHY should I not cut canopy within 3 inches of canopy frame?

Also,

WHO READY TO DANCE WITH ANGELS?

This is 2016 you fucking idiot.

listen buddy, my plane is going to have tail wings and blast processing and thrust vectoring and all that rad shit

kek

The canopy glass extends down that far past the visible edge.

No wonder McCain and the other GOP republicucks are so salty, Trump's about to shoah the military-industrial complex and their shills.

He better be careful. Lockheed and others are just as willing as big banks to "accident" people that get in their way.

The artist of that can't into history.

James Comey was a former Lockheed Executive. It appears their plan A of not indicting Hillary failed during the election.

How about this Israeli plane that has a big nose and a funny little hat?

Because the target demography of said cartoon wount be likely to ask questions. Look at the fucking shill-galore you are replying to. No argument, one implication and a lazy cartoon which only transfer two points to the reader in five pannels. The russkies do at least send twitter-commanders to Syria for their proppaganda needs. NSA somehow seem to think that reddit-tier communication-majors will fufill their proppaganda needs. Fire the lot of them and hire proffessionals, or face defeat!

I really doubt Russians will ever try annexing Finland again after last time

Is that Trump-kun's hair?

HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE JEWISH ENGINEERING

I swear to christ there better be a PC port.
Or a PS2 port.

The way they're talking it's as if the CIA, McCain and Obongo want to tie Trump with Russia before the electoral college votes on the 19th. Electors then have 'good reason' not to vote for Trump, even if they just abstain. Then the senate can decide the next President.

Jeb's a pretty big guy.

Hooboy. This should get interesting.

I think my favorite part of these comics is that you have to actually know stuff about the planes to get the jokes. For example, the Tu-95 often flew borderline war-provoking missions in and around foreign countries' airspace and borders for a long time.

No mention of such so far. It seems to be launching exclusive, but maybe with time we'll see a Steam release like with Assault Horizon.

I don't get it user, I need a map.

Oh hey. Directly related.

Tu-95 is my bomberfu. I hope it flies forever.

She's clearly a Mongol like all Finns ::::DDDDD

TRUMP WILL MAKE THE T-88 TRUMPSTER REAL OR I'M SWITCHING MY VOTE

What the hell is that?

Bob Baer is already calling for the electoral college to know if the Russian's fed information to Wikileaks. Or to have another election.

Finland is not just some Baltic state that you can annex over night.

Rabbi Airlines.
Equipped with enhanced nose and tiny kippah.

SUPERIOR JEWISH ENGINEERING YOU STUPID GOY>>8503015

It is a JDurante

This is why women should not be allowed on the internet. Actually, they should not be allowed to read, period. Females should be kept illiterate.

She's a big girl.

It is a special Israeli modified jet to help orthodox jews fly over sacred burial grounds without having to wrap themselves in plastic bags. Pic related, a jew flying in a non kosher jet!

They wanted a sinkhole that they could throw unlimited government money into so their executives could afford even bigger yachts.

Would fly/10

I never understood that, if being on a plane isn't far enough removed from the unclean area, da fuq does the bag do, from a magickal perspective?

The irony

Lining the pockets of the higher-up people involved with the project.

Metal Gear first. Gundam later

Sahelanthropus, only the second entity in the entire timeline capable of being called a Metal Gear, was basically a Gundam, just without the ostentatious paintjob. It had a sword, a shield, bullshit sci-fi weapons, missile barrages of several flavors, the ability to fly (aided by Psycho Mantis), and a multi-kiloton nuclear self-destruct.

You mean guard dog of Rothschilds

Holy shit, finally a fitting end to the F35 "lol can't dogfight for shit" fighter

Trump is going to have a really hard time implementing the Bannon plan. One of the major reasons highway funds and military spending work is because the funds can be distributed throughout the country allowing for logrolling. This, of course, is also why its so wasteful. Real, effective infrastructure spending will be targeted, but Congress won't like it bc that will require picking winners and losers

(PART 1 / 2 BECAUSE POST WON'T GO THROUGH)
They literally teach in school:
"In industry we don't design for performance anymore, we design for profit."

not,
"We design for lowest cost."
or,
"We design for best cost / performance ratio."
Which both would be defensible measures of performance.

The attitude in the industry is literally,
"We design for profit."

Think about that for a moment and you see the root cause for bloated defense budgets. Defense industry has an arguably higher standard they must live up to for the American people, yet their only concern is maximizing the profit margins of their corporations. They're selling shitty overrated underperforming defense products to the government at marked up prices, literally stealing from the American public.

These kikes in the (((defense industry))) need to be purged. Their engineering is fucking incompetent, fraudulent, and designed to bilk the government for billions. If this was Stalinist Russia these faggots would be sent to the gulag or shot for incompetence, corruption, embezzling, and treason.

This is why I hate the industry and refuse to ever work in the defense industry again.

Fuck the defense industry.

I wouldn't be surprised.

lel

So much this.
There is literally no reason a hellfire missile should cost $110,000 to produce.

why not invest on VTOLs?

Extra complexity adds to failure rate.

We're reaching levels of REEEEEEEEEE that shouldn't be possible.

Basically, we've dumped trillions down this rat hole, so that we can sell these planes at a loss to Israel, with money that we gave them.

"This is an amazing day for the Israeli people. It's exciting to bring this airplane and its capabilities to the country.

We welcome the opportunity to address any questions the president-elect has about the program. It's an amazing program. Lockheed Martin and its industry partners understand the importance of affordability for the F-35 program.

Since the beginning, we've invested hundreds of millions of dollars to reduce the price of the airplane more than 70%. We project the price of the aircraft will be $85 million in the 2019 -2020 timeframe. When we get to that price, the F-35 will be less expensive than any fourth-generation fighter in the world. And it will be the premiere fifth-generation fighter. That's an incredible value for anyone operating the airplane.

The cost doesn't just include the acquisition price. Lockheed Martin and its industry partners are also investing in reducing the sustainment costs of the aircraft recognizing that much of the cost of owning and operating an aircraft is after it's delivered. We're investing hundreds of millions of dollars to reduce the cost of sustaining the airplane over its 30-40 year lifespan. We understand the importance of affordability and that's what the F-35 has been about.

But more importantly, it's amazing technology. Whoever has it will have the most advanced air force in the world, and that's why we're building the F-35. It's important that the U.S. and our partners have this aircraft. It's a great value and we look forward to any questions the president-elect may have."

— Jeff Babione
Executive Vice President and General Manager, F-35 Program Lockheed Martin Speaking from Nevatim Air Base prior to the Israeli Air Force F-35 Delivery Ceremony

zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-12/lockheed-responds-trump-tweet

Thanks for the kek

Top kek

This article gives a decent outline of how the VTOL requirement for the F-35B ruined the whole program. warisboring.com/fd-how-the-u-s-and-its-allies-got-stuck-with-the-worlds-worst-new-warplane-5c95d45f86a5

I saw a story on imgur guy was a helicopter pilot or mechanic or something. His boss needed a part that costs $6500, manufacturer was in-state so they only had to pay like $550 and pick it up himself. The boss did, got demoted and reassigned for not "following standard procedure" which is apparently paying 20x the cost

and that's cheap compared to the f-35. at least the hellfire is good at killing.

Domesticated sheep NEVER stop growing wool.
If no one's there to shave it, the amount of wool would eventually be so great the sheep would be unable to walk and die due to starvation.

Good job fucking your message, Holla Forums.

I remember that story. It was rotor-boxes for an Apache helicopter. Dude saved the Army like $7500 a box, made sure his unit has enough parts to be operational, and they fucking demoted him for it.

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKEEEEEESSSSS

What happened to the days when soldiers would write a letter to Eisenhower, he'd read it, and then their commander would get a call for being a fuckhead from the President?

they have their own… problem, but at least they fly good.

We haven't had a general for a president since.

Yeah, it really broke the realism for me. I mean, yeah, MGS wasn't particularly realistic to begin with but at least with the Big Boss era games they tried to design shit that looked like it wouldn't be out of place in the 60s or the 70s. Then GZ/TPP came along and threw that completely out the window with the most advanced Metal Gear ever seen before or since

It's not just the defence contractors fleecing the goverment, it's the civil servants, politicians, consultants etc. All have their snouts in the trough of public money. Defence projects are the biggest gravy trains going.

And it would help, it really would, if governments knew what they wanted before they started spending money on it. Defence procurement departments are always planning to fight the war before last rather than the next one.
A couple of Bongistani examples:

Because there's no need. Ships have catapults. Even bombed runways have enough flat bits left for STOVL or overpowered conventional aircraft. Taking off vertically severly limits the payload.

What's the difference between domesticated and wild sheep? Beyond the obvious, of course.

Why not just create the GP-02?

Also

As much as I love Gundam, I'd rather see something like Dougram or a Soletic. Though if we were given the tech to replicate mobile suits I'd rather have something akin to a Zaku, since the mono eye makes tracking targets at long distances easier

THIS IS THE TRUTH

I can only imagine the twitter bantz to come

None of your anime is whats coming. Unmanned Mass Attack Vehicles are whats coming. Imagine a ballet of swarming machines that is the future of aerial warfare.

The Israelies also sold parts to China so they could have their own even shittier planes

nigger are you gay?

we need a mechwarrior type mech. not a shitty mecha.

So Mobile Dolls?

To be fair, Sahelanthropus didn't work. Huey was a retard who bit off more than he could chew, and was grinding away at an unsolvable problem. The only reason Sahelantropus could even walk was because of literal magic. Huey loses his shit over the fact that it's moving at all the first time you fight it, because it shouldn't be.

That's basically what anime said would happen anyways. The robots are just the carriers that deliver what has been termed the Macross Missile Massacre, or alternatively the Itano Circus, after the director that invented it. Even Battletech has mechs launching missiles in 20s at a time because ECM is so advanced there's no hope of a single missile doing the job. Everything is saturation attacks; the only "sniper" weapons are inert slugs delivered by railgun, because you can't jam a ferrous-tungsten basketball.

Nope they will look like birds or insects.

It wasn't meant to be an F-35. I just felt like posting that because it's a jet thread.

One can survive in the wilderness. The other is docile as fuck, needs constant sheering and gets fatter way easier.

Dudes talking about Mobile Armor, the kind that will be autonomous, with production and regenerative capacities.
Best part is the swarm of little guys they send out to resupply and mop up

If you aren't LARPing then why not go with the Zero or Mustang? Clearly better than either of those.

Sorry, but even a scopedog. something heavily outdated in Votoms would run circles around anything from MW

It's a valk cockpit stuck on chicken legs

modified scopedog

not even handy for anything but a support role.

The thing is most mecha, the tech has evolved to the point where replication of human movement has become possible, even the VF-1 in Macross in Battroid form is capable of things like combat rolls and the like because of this. I'm barring super robots like Getter Robo, Mazinger and Zambot 3. Even labors are capable of doing precise tasks with their finger manipulators.

Most "western" mecha (and it is mecha, stop lying to yourselves) is primarily designed as "boxes with legs". Most of the designs work to an extent, but they're built in a "grounded in reality" format that, given the fact they exist despite square cubed law I have no idea why the creators didn't take it a step further and just go "yeah their tech is so advanced they can move like a giant person"

To be fair if we saw mecha in the battlefield, it'd probably be something like a AT or something out of Xabungle, more or less an open air machine that's small and made to transport supplies and personell

well, it was a shit plane afterall.
meet my plainfu

Do you even have a brain?

Good choice, user.

MAKE PLANES GREAT AGAIN GOD EMPEROR

Replacing several fighter types with just one. It sort of makes sense, until you consider that trying to achieve that, coupled with the fact that Lockheed Martin is also the only available manufacturer for such an aircraft, makes it irreplaceable as a replacement for several fighter types. Therefore, the project cannot die no matter how much money it burns through or how many delays and fuckups it endures.

Whatever this is is much more likely to be the design of the future as opposed to giant cumbersome machines.

Thanks user. Sometimes it feels good to know someone else recognizes your aerofeels

I would possibly have sex with it, but I fear that might be seen as degenerate

That's because boxes with legs are going to be the easiest way to make it work. A real 'mech' will look something like this.

Good heaven's why? They're not needed for fleet defense, we have airbases or are allied with people that have airbases pretty much all over the fucking place and by schlepping F-35's off on our allies we're compromising the capabilities of their armed forces. Why in fuck's name can't we just export F-22's?

The only people who would ever get asshurt about the cancellation of the F-35 are the brits since the fucking cuckolds cannot into actual aircraft carriers.

mechwarrior is shit, the mechs are too fucking big, you may as well invest in missiles at that point. faggot

They really seem more organic and natural, that may be why they're more quaint.

Oh im laffin

ACTUALLY under a white supremacist Trump empire this is how a real mech will look.

Maybe for support or something like repairs ala the Zaku Tank. If we get to the point where we have bipedal machines that are anywhere near the front lines, they'd be in line with the AT and if we got to MS scale we'd get zakus or the GM

Someone only watched IBO

Most Mobile armors in UC gundam are manned units that pretty much function as anti-ship weapons. Shit like the Bigro is more or less a megaparticle cannon with claw hands for grappling.

Well, since we're posting jets, I may as well join the fun. My father was with the 474th when they were bombing the shit out of North Vietnam and Laos during Linebacker II.

How about we invent vertical takeoff aircraft catapults for the brits? Here's my idea. That would be, a giant medieval catapult incorporated into their aircraft carriers that throws fighter jets in the ocean while hoping the pilots somehow manage to correct the trajectory mid-air to not drown alongside their crafts.

It probably wouldn't work very well but I bet the brits would need to buy lots of fighter jets from USA every time they attempt a mission or training exercise.

Erection.
EVERYTIEM

I never understood this with the AT-AT

the AT-TE was a better design, albeit the cockpit was literally a box with windows. Though I guess the larger legs help with scaling terrain that the AT-TE had

Cool pics, thanks.

GIVE VODKA COMRADE, WHAT IS THIS KEBAB BELOW, DROP BOMBS AND CYKA BLYAT IDI NAHUI

Did Trump just give /bane/ a Birthday Present?

Thought to be fair, the mobile armor pictured is naturally countered by mobile suits, but not traditionally piloted (same oldstyle cockpit format, but with nervous interface for more human like movements).

I personally like these mobile suits because of their almost minimalist mechanical workings

That unarmored wasp waist is a serious weak point.

stop posting shit please.

Never change Japan. I'm having too much fun.

These little fuckers were there too, flying Wild Weasel so the F-111s could ass-rape SAM sites. Now here's the bullshit part; They couldn't his the SAMs until they were operational in case some Russian got smoked.

Or someone could just inform the cuckolded idiots their empire is dead and if they can't conjure the effort to construct an actual aircraft carrier then they shouldn't even bother.

Well to be fair Gunpla kits ARE model kits. there are toys, but Bandai's primary income outside the shows are the model kits.

Yeah I got that, I was just talking about the ibo style because in my opinion it more accurately reflects the situation we find ourselves in, whereas uc gundam is based more on esoteric ideas having to do with how humanity deals with itself and what its becoming, and even thought I love uc it's guilty of having big clunky retard designs at times, something they start to improve on in zeta but fuck up completely by the time it gets to ZZ but fixed in counterattack and really polished in f91 (although post uc 0100 the story becomes meh)

libertarianism is completely perplexing to me. No-rules business environment results in a zaibatsu reign with weak and comatose governments.

We already have that, more or less.

Okawara designs are rather boxy, I prefer Nagano's more organic design, shit like Dunbine and L-Gaim are amazing. Syd Mead's MS designs are nice too, the SUMO is rather pleasing to look at.

Didn't F111's and F4's directly shoot down Russian MIGs anyways? At what point during the war did Americans just start crashing each other with no survivors?

I know, but…

GIANT ROBOT CHICKEN
I
A
N
T

R
O
B
O
T

C
H
I
C
K
E
N

I have been laughing since last week about this.

USA had badass planes. It still does. f-35 isn't one of them.
MAKE PLANES GREAT AGAIN

it isn't.
but it's fucking beautiful.

Why are you forgetting that even in Gundam the most powerful mobile suit designs are usually just drone nests? Pic related, the Qubeley. The little funnel-shaped shits on the sides are controlled by the pilot and are essentially just an engine and a beam weapon.

didn't mean to reply to the 1st one

Giant robot chicken or not, there have been sillier designs for MAs, like the Zakrello

God I love Nagano's designs so much

Johnson was a faggot. When Nixon came into office, he asked North Vietnam what kind of haircut they wanted. He fucked their shit up.

Yeah this thing was definitely made out of love.

I guess this means he's not bringing back the Zumwalt?

THIS OP IS A BANNABLE FAGT

It's also never been tried for real

>Israeli F-35 Bragfest meeting today or something like that

1488D chess lads

AT-TE is my tankfu tbh.

No he's going to recommission the USS Missouri instead..

I doubt majority of them have even left their fucking cities and seen a cow up close.

I’m glad we’ve taken over ZH’s comments, at least.

With lasers? I don't simply want big guns 4U, I want lasers too.

It was NEVER ABOUT THE FUCKING PLANE
it was about PAYMENTS
RIP Pim Fortuyn

Tbh if we just slapped a nuclear reactor on the mighty mo we'd probably be able to deploy the railgun in it,

While I’m all for nostalgia and the existence of battleships, she’s far too fucking old, entirely analog, and fucking COAL-FIRED.

We need a new battleship (in before HURRRRRRR BATTLESHIPS ARE OUTDATED BECAUSE PLANES EXIST HURRRRRRRRRRR) with a massive nuclear generator for an engine whose extra electricity powers deck-mounted railguns. If she could be close to the same physical hull design as the Missouri, that’d be great, because WWII battleships are so goddamn sexy.

I'm officially confused. Too bad the program is lambasted only after the Israelis get their gibs. Same with Trump's proposed laws to drain the swamp - too bad these changes weren't made before Jews obtained control of the US. I fear these new laws will only serve to protect current jew control from any competition.

The railgun thing isn't going to work out. They tried the same deal on the Gerald Ford class carriers with the electric plane launcher. It's a disaster because the magnetic field it generates is so fucking big that everything on the ship that's metallic and not nailed-down becomes a projectile.

Bring forth the Super Missouri-class. Give Iowa little sisters.

They are appoplectic. "drumpf manipulating stock prices!!!" "what about people with retirement accounts invested in lockheed martin!!!"

So now the left LOVES the military industrial complex.

B-b-but it's cool.

earthporm.com/shrek-sheep-escaped-shearing-6-years/

Im fairly sure they are being made to pay for them. Also, its a piece of shit that likely will not perform well in the middle eastern AO due to the environment being hell on complicated systems.

It seems you have some rudimentary flaws in your though processes m80

Wtf I hate Trump now

DO IT

Lol Israel doesn't pay a single cent for stuff it "buys" from America because America gives it billions every year for "self-defense". It just gets recirculated into the industrial machine and flows in one nose and out the other.

I never fucking understood this either. You can put a fucking CIWS/VLS/5" on a battleship; it's not like it's fucking incapable of air warfare. Fuck, air warfare is what battleships were mostly being used for near the end of WWII. A 16" round is still a fuck of a lot cheaper than a Tomahawk missile for anti-shore operations though.

Cuz king nigger gutted the f22 program

You don't understand. He's not saying that discontinuing the plane is bad, he's saying it's unfortunate that it wasn't discontinued sooner, BEFORE we gave Israel free toys.

Trump only got sworn in -38 days ago there's only so much he can do about it.

How else do you think Trump is going to save miner's jobs?

well yea. but atleast its coming back. And, anyway, that shit is going to be coming to an end very soon lad.

Those 16" guns don't have the range of Tomahawks though. Coming that near the coast with a large ships carries a whole lot of unnecessary risk compared to just shooting missiles from standoff range.

Shit planes they'll sell to China and profit I'm sure.

I'm all for term limits, but Jews have a solid foothold and there will be no way for muslims or chinks to compete. Not that I would prefer this, but it is a recent example. I suspect these changes are more to protect zio control than to oust. We'll see I guess. I can only hope for improvement and meme Anerica First for younger generations!

LET ME FUCKING POST, YOU STUPID FUCKING SPAM FILTER.

OH HOW ABOUT THAT IT POSTS INSTANTLY NOW THAT I DON’T TRY TO MIX MY FUCKING FORMATTING
Red
fake-link.com
Regular text

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL.

without american protectioneering israel would not last very long.

REAL MEN LIKE CURVES

wew, checked.

T
H
I
C
C

Okay, fucking explain how you were able to multiquote.

That sounds like the opposite of everything being said: archive.is/4SyoN

Exactly. Never mind that battleships wouldn’t operate on their own. They’d have defensive groups of other specialized ships around them. It’s not like carriers operate independently, either! We have five carrier GROUPS for a reason…

Hence railguns. 50 mile range and far more powerful.

Nice trips. I still believe the meme that Trump is pursuing revenge against Israel and the corrupt American media for all of his friends that died in 9/11.

By clicking "New Reply".

This is a test to quote two posts in the same post.

This is a test to quote two posts in the same post.

OKAY, FUCK CODEMONKEY WITH A GARDEN WEASEL. FIX THIS SHIT, YOU RETARDED FAGGOT.

I've sometimes wondered whether it'd be viable to develop a hybrid weapon that only uses magnetism to further accelerate a bullet after firing it instead of using magnetism as the primary means of acceleration. Such a weapon would work like a regular rifle even if the electrical system burned out or ran out of power, yet could use the rail gun functionality to achieve higher velocity to achieve higher operational range and better armor piercing capability.

I hope so, Satan. I understand that the game Trump (and DoD) has to play, regardless of their loyalties, requires careful moves. Not being in the know can be exasperating. For what it is worth I do get the impression that much of the West is trying to break free of the parasite.

It's not the big black thing that the metal comes out of, but the even bigger blue thing that supplies the colossal and instantaneous power spike to fire a shot.

Oy vey!

Fucking REKT.

Is the author of this comic under the impression that Finland is a NATO protectorate? Because they aren't…. If Russia wants to annex Finland, that's between Russia and the Fingolian snipers.

i actually like the zumwalt, or some of the technologies behind it at least. it's innovative but similar to the f-35 it was mismanaged and had too many mission requirements thrown at it. tbh i think it should remain as a technology demonstrator and r&d platform to further develop the technologies it was pushing.
if trump puts someone in charge that can manage it properly as an r&d platform i think it's worth keeping around.

I think navyfags are not the worst worry in here.

50 miles is still very short compared to several hundred nautical miles which cruise missiles can cover. For example, carriers don't want to come closer than 300-400nm of a coast because closer in, fast attack craft and diesel submarines become a major issue, and that's not even considering land-mobile ASM systems.

To be honest you'd need another amazing person like Admiral Rickover to do that.

Seriously read up on the NR-1.

Everyone keeps forgetting that Trump is actually considered a market leader Normalfags think he is the same as his TV persona and that's all they know of the man, I know.

When a market leader says you is a shit, shit is bound to go down.

Why are Russian planes so sexy? I want to root for the home team, but my dick stands straight up at attention and my heart starts to flutter every time I see an Su-47.

He built the nuclear navy but he was also responsible for some questionable design choices regarding the 688 class and preventing any possible alternative designs for it.

It's less sexy when you realize one of these guys is piloting it.

Trump doesn't even need to sign paper to make mountain move. He's like a demigod.

As usual the only replies saying anything of real substance are ignored while RACIST-screaming lugenpresse parrots flood the page with salt & pathetically inept memes/humor.

For fuck sake, such a vapid uninformed culture. I for one, can't scroll Trump's twitter replies, smugly laughing at the salt, while witnessing just how retarded & indoctrinated people are. My only hope is that most of them are bots & paid protestors.

faggot cuck

Legs on a tank give you no tactical advantage whatsoever.

What about legs with threads. Basically a tank that can peer over the tank high obstacles and fire its payload without exposing the whole tank.

SHEKELS FLOW IN ONE NOSE AND OUT THE OTHER

Like any ideology that requires the average Joe to be a decent, informed, civil, citizen spontaneously it's childish and doomed to fail.

You could totes have communism in a place with 100 people all over 100 IQ. Everywhere else not so much.

They used to say that flying would provide to advantage. Or that strapping bombs on those planes would not be effective.

Legs on a Humvee however could give you more though.

I haven't been following the new bomber program. But you think they are going to try the same thing they have been doing with the f-35 with new bombers?

That's how you know these military thinkers never had to deal with mosquito or the noises they make at night.

Every time I am hounded by muzzies in the middle of the tropical jungles at night, it reminds me of divebombing stukas.

Is there a new bomber program? I thought the whole problem with the F-35 was that they were trying to replace ALL THE PLANES with a single shitty jack-of-all-master-of-none moneysink. They probably thought the F-35 was the new bomber.

So I researched this "boondoggle"

It is not as bad as people say. First off, the plane is meant to be affordable and replace 3 jets. Realize that is the confines of this project.

The plane is not meant for dogfighting, it is meant to use its advanced linking weapons system. It links ground stations and other f-35's to a weapons grid. It is able to shoot down enemy aircraft before the f-35 is even seen.

The plane will save money and cross parts use. The plane also is going to save huge on maintenance costs. It does not use hydraulic lines but rather and electronic system.

the cost- this is going to come out costing less then the current jets.

Every new fighter comes out having budget issues, and delay.

This thing is gonna save money in the long run and rely on advanced weaponry for it's longevity is service use..

wtf I love the military-industrial complex now

A nightmare of moving parts. Mechanics commit suicide at the mere suggestion of such a mechanism. We need a breakthrough in mass-producable semi-indestructable nanomaterials or self-repairing nanotechnology before it's viable.

He made this in a cave, with a box of scraps?

Railguns' primary draw is their relative cheapness and safeness of their operation. You don't have to store explosives beyond a charged capacitor, and the projectiles are kinetic weapons instead of explosive ones. The problem with this is that kinetic weapons have their damage fall off significantly, because there's no explosive to deliver the actual hit once the "bullet" arrives. Railguns only have a pronouncedly increased delivery of power when used in a straight line at short range, or in the vacuum of space where air resistance isn't a thing. If you try to rectify this by putting explosives in your railgun rounds, you've more or less eliminated the main reason to use a railgun anyways: cheap and stable ammo. Sure, it's possible to arc a railgun slug so high that it comes back down like a meteor, but at that point you're depending on gravity for your damage, which is a static known on earth, which means that your ability to scale your damage is going to depend on how large and dense an object you can put into near-orbit before letting it crash back down again. Once you build something large enough to accelerate something heavy enough to do desirable damage on nothing but gravity and its own weight, you've build something large enough that it's not going to fit on a ship. You'd be looking at something more like a stationary global bombardment platform that you keep safely in your own borders and arc around the whole planet.

Missiles aren't going anywhere on naval vessels. Railguns might get some limelight in anti-ship or even more importantly point-defense guns for use against incoming missiles. But they aren't going to be our default artillery option, possibly ever.

So basically the best we can do atm is strap GAU-18 robot arms on a tank and call it a day?

archive.is/HI8Se
From what I understand, the military wants a new stealth bomber like the b-2.

t. Marillyn Hewson

Russian Sukhoi designers are fans of nippon cartoons.

Just use a periscope you motherfucking retard

How can we encourage this?

Tank high obstacles mate. I was placing the tank in the scenario where there isn't clearance to shoot at all.

Are you tacticool?

Someone please post the webm of Jeb! standing up in his toes all retarded if you got it.

Maybe something like this but with treads instead. Though you'd probably still want missiles on it; dealing with 102mm of recoil on a glorified cherry-picker arm is gonna be a bitch.

OF COURSH!!

Forward-swept wings are my fetish.

F-35 is as bad as global warming for all of the shilling and misinformation on both sides. Just because you read article(s) that you found convincing doesn't mean anything, there are equally convincing articles going the other way. It's impossible for anyone but the insiders to be sure who's telling the truth.

It's like you guys can't into aesthetics.

There was a hardcore lockheed shill on Holla Forums who is now silent, I guess this is why they can't afford to pay him now!

They needed to nigger rig that protection onto the intake because it used to hover up fucking debris on the runaway. Too bad it makes the plane look like a retarded shark.

AS LONG AS WE POINT IT DIRECTLY AT TEL-AVIV

History repeats.

Corporate shills are always the most hilarious to me. With JIDF they want us to stop hating Jews, CTR wants us to stop hating Hillary/Democrats, but what the fuck does a Lockheed shill want?

Do they think people on Holla Forums are buying F35's and 787's? Why even waste the time?

Good old widowmaker

The only thing that plane was good for was this scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=1Cq7hf4ylvY

I looked at it…
I thought "fucking retard…"
I noticed the flag…
My sides

Obviously it means generals and high echelon DoD personnel lurk on Holla Forums I know I'm one :^)

Approves.

In it's role, the F104 was an excellent ground-controlled interceptor. The problem is, the ground-controlled interceptor concept was pretty much obsoleted a decade after the F104 was introduced. The F4 was a better multi-role aircraft, but as a pure interceptor, and even a dogfigher against the MiGs of the era, the F104 was pretty badass.

Trump will make MAXIMUM BATTLESHIP real.

do reverse whois on "Lockheed Corporation"
viewdns.info/reversewhois/

1100+ domains including:
you put that much effort into marketing your piece of shit aircraft you can't have those goyim nazis talking bad about it! that would be literally another shoah!

Better yet, collaborate with nips and finish space battleship yamato before we get aliens oppressing earth.

Top Kek, maybe Skunkworks interns have to AstroTurf for their shitty planes before they let them work on the actual stealth-space shuttle.

>NO YOU NEED 500 MORE (you)s BEFORE YOU GET TO DO ENGINEERING TODAY

Time to school them on the sunk cost fallacy.

Steel production. Natural gas is killing coal, not environmental regulations. But good luck trying to make steel with natural gas. If you start making steel in America again, you'll have job security for coal miners.

Best looking plane ever made.

They understand the power of our memes. They fear we are influencing public opinion of their plane, threatening it's funding. They think that Trump hates the F-35 because Holla Forums constantly makes fun of it.

No, I'm not joking.

Got that with sound? I love Grads.

Actually, Chandelier would be more like what we would probably see in real life. No need to turn the thing if you can arc it around the planet and the rounds have their own terminal guidance. Stonehenge fired air-bursting thermobaric, nuclear, or unspecified highly-classified exotic shells, but Chandelier just sling-shotted a sabot the size of a house full of MIRVs.

Stonehenge used a ring of 8 independently tracking and firing two-stage guns that used both an explosive propellant and a magnetic assist. Chandelier was all-magnetic, but its barrel was longer than the entire Stonehenge facility. So Stonehenge was capable of actually defending itself against oncoming threats even without the ocean of AA platforms around it, and was capable of continual fire even if a number of the guns were knocked out. Chandelier has none of these benefits, but was capable of hitting anywhere on the planet.

You'd want a Stonehenge facility for taking out things on short notice and responding to enemy attacks, but a Chandelier for long-term strategic bombardment.

I'd say we need a general massve level up in all technologies. We've gotten computers to be extremely tiny to the point we on the verge of full blown nanotech, now we just need to get scientists to stop wasting that tech on damn iphones.

trips confirm the su-47 is the best looking plane ever made.

other aircraft categories still open to be decided.

I have the same problem. I'm addicted to canards.

You got proof of that? :^)

Dick Jones: I had a guaranteed military sale with the F-35. Renovation program. Spare parts for 25 years. Who cares if it worked or not?!

I just have to look past the fact that one of her tail booms is longer than the other.

I have actual OCD for symmetry.

He's already made maternity leave a campaign promise to be delivered, so kek will dad's with their kids. Which means helping whites since niggers have no word for "father"

This shit is so fucking retarded.

say thereeeeee user, how much would one of thoseee f-35 thingies set me back?

At first glance it looked like it had 4 chainsaws as legs, pretty disappointing tbh lad

After you insulted Germany's? :^)

You are not the only one.

You could mission-kill this thing with half a magazine of 7.62x39.

You'd break their tiny aluminum hearts, user.

The ship that beat The Patriots.

Is Kojima the greatest artist of our time?

Armoured High School is better though

Post the Merkava one if you got it.

all that money wasted into the f-35 could have built this.

This one?

Kek, thanks.

Bravo kojolan!

is that fat piece of shit a f-35?

I just had a thought about something, how many times has the F-35 shown up in popular media in the last decade? Stuff like video games and films. I remember seeing a fuckton of them in big budget summer blockbusters all the time.

Jesus christ

lots of information for pilots and air-force bros

Faggot.

Hate Putin ass much as you want, but he is not a retard to try to annex Finland

P
O
T
T
E
R
Y

would you?

If he even goes through with half of what he says, he is going to be the best president in 100 years.

I'm not a libertarian, but I'll object on their behalf here. You could argue that right-libertarianism requires people to act up in order to get anywhere and survive. You still have negative consequences for acting poorly, it's just that those consequences are due to them not being able to eat if they don't work hard, rather than being punished by authority.

No, it couldn't. Even if it could, the most evolutionarily promising strategy would be to just fuck and let society take care of the children. Women would start selecting for this. Society would immediately become r-selected, and the IQ and morale would lower over time.

The Soviet Union tried to annex Finland, it didn't go so swell. Look at this map. The only support they got from the outside was ~9000 Swedish ~700 Norwegian, and ~1000 Danish volenteers, and some arms smuggled through Sweden by Germany. The liberal who wrote that probably didn't know anything about history.

Wasting money.

The true purpose o the F-35 was to cripple the AAF.

Holla Forums is like a think tank, but it's free!

Here we go.

I think it's one of those special planes that have a large laser designed to destroy missiles. The big "nose" while appropriate actually contains the business end of the laser that can swivel, and move.

Let them continue to think Trump is an idiot. It will keep them confounded, bitter and useless for the next 8 years.

It eats other planes then vomits the slurry into the baby f-35's mouths.

I found the guy's DA: jollyjack.deviantart.com/gallery/

Seems like it, the USAF would lose over 600 aircraft if they try to keep the same budget but equip F-35's.

The truth really does hurt.

Asshurt over BREXIT too.

this could've been a mild neutral chuckle if it wasn't for that

webcomics can die

Funny fact is that if Scotland voted for independence, when things start not going the SNP's way the EU will be the first people to be thrown under the bus to blame for all their problems.

Good. Holy shit was that program an obvious money laundering scheme.

I had a thought, has anyone got a list of all the US Senators with stock in Lockheed Martin?

I'm an Ausfag and never saw Trump on TV or in high quality images that much, so the whole "tiny hands" thing was really weird to me. All the hip young liberals were spouting it for some reason, so I expected there to be SOME truth to it.

Finally actually see the guy's hands when he is sitting next to Obama, and they're just… normal sized hands, you know? It was kind of disappointing.

Where's the argument?

the gay cuban from the primaries made some off-topic quip about it during a debate I think, and it just became a thing for no real reason, much like the entire liberal ideology.

Just saw this on /k/, are the operational costs really that high?

1.7 Trillion Dollars

Porn artists should stay out of politics.

In any case, here's ten million hours in MS Paint.

Probably. Tooth to tail in the US military is 1 to 10 even for infantry. You probably have close to 100 ground crew per pilot.

don't do that

Which one was Starscream again?

We already have the F-22 Raptor which is way cooler and functionally better anyway. Focusing on improving that design further. This is a good move, will save billions in wasted money that's going to line who knows what's pockets.

I love this.

He's putting contractors on notice and wanting to get more bang for the buck.

But ask anybody in the military, the F35 is a hugggge waste of money.

Especially since our forecast for air to air battles are almost nil until china wants to take a shot.

You cant fuck with macross mech design.

Fuck the moe shit though

We encourage it by subsidizing orthodox jews air travel but make the kosher aircraft much more expensive.

As someone with tiny hands I find this offensive

So hype

I actually dug around for the F-35
saffm.hq.af.mil/Budget/Air-Force-Presidents-Budget-FY16

They don't want to seem to make it easy to find the actual costs. Almost like they are trying to hide costs from everyone

My favourite growing up was the F14 Tomcat.

Trump will make anime real.

tl;dr Trump ends subsidies program for engineers who like to blow things up in the desert

nice macross. heres southern cross.

kek but I thought Trump was a hill plant?

No but really why should the US give a fuck what Russia does on the other side of the world? Let them anex the dirty polacks

What most people say are leftists now is mostly the kikes and the establishment's puppets. Long gone is the left-right kike controlled dichotomy. It's only a bunch of aristocratic kikes and the plebeian populace. Still, many idiots still fall for it on both sides, taking the label left or right. It's a tool to D&C the "non-chosen".

HAHA I PREDICTED THIS SHIT PLANE WOULD GET CANCELLED BACK IN 2011 WHEN I DID A REPORT FOR MY FINANCE CLASS ON LOCKHEED MARTIN.

THE F-35 WAS SUPPOSED TO FUNNEL $1 TRILLION TO LOCKHEED OVER THE LIFETIME OF THE PLANE

ITS FUCKING RETARDED, MANNED FIGHTER JETS ARE NOT GOING TO WIN AGAINST DRONES.

the F-35 is already outdated.

This doesn't sound like he's going to kill it. It sounds like he's going to iron fist Lockmart to stop wasting everyones time and money.

I don't know who created this beauty but I love it. Favorite Valkyrie of the Heavens and in ace combat 6 Rafale.

How are we going to keep our children safe from hackers if we can't nuke Russia? I DEMAND Trump start a nuclear war!

2/10 not enuff dakka!

Not only three jets, but three kinds of jets. Fighters, bombers, interceptors.

If we ordered 300 new F22s, cancelled all F35 orders and spent the remaining left over money on F22 upgrades we'd be fine for probably 30 years before we needed a new platform.

A platform Lockheed has ALREADY DESIGNED ANYWAYS AND IS SITTING IN A SKUNKWORKS WAREHOUSE

anything that doesn't specialize is doomed to under perform in all areas. See
as just one example

What would replace all the F-16's though?

Don't we have an upgrade package for the F16's rolling out? And can't the excess F22's do their jobs if we order enough of them?

Because A) the F-16's are literally about to fall apart from age and B) You'd bankrupt the entire military if you order more F-22's unless you downsize the entire fleet considerably

Isn't the US under contract with other countries? Will they be refunded?

It's the sound of the gravy train pulling into the station for debarkation.

Is Donald really that short, because Putin is short as shit?

The Black Widow 2 was a beautiful plane. Went faster than the Raptor but got beat in maneuverability because it didn't have vector thrust.

Christ are they really that old? I still see the F16 as a "modern fighter". Wouldn't economies of scale and mass production of parts bring the cost per-F22 down if we order a lot of them though? I thought the main problem with F22 price right now is we cancelled a big order so the price jumped long term.

Aren't the F22's cheaper per plane than the F35 at this point anyways? Why not just go whole hog and order 75 F22's a year for the next 15 years? Would that taper the cost enough?

Trump is 6'2. Knowing who drew that, it's a wonder both of their heads aren't the size of baseballs.

medical thats a funny way of saying FAT

And people say He's not for real…

Oh Yeah, THIS is the One that was Starscream.

Best part is the kikes are stuck with a bunch of shitty and now tainted planes.

You should probably read some stuff from the late 80's and early 90's. YF-23 was actually beating the YF-22 left right and centre, steatlhier, longer range, better payload, faster then all of a suddne the YF-22 became the plane of choice for reasons none of us could really figure out. It was kind of shady

It's not really the costs of buying new planes, it's the cost of operating them. You have to consider maintanence costs, fuel costs etc which only goes up with the age of the airframe, which means while you could buy them short term yes, but in 10 years the planes would be far too expensive to operate and would need replaced fast. The F-35 is about $40,000 per hour to operate, the F-22 is about $60,000 see since it turned out to be fairly accurate. While the costs of F-16's and F-15's are high to operate currently if we actually bought new ones their operational cost would be much much lower. A brand new F-16 is like $7,000 per flight hour and I guess a new F-15 would be around $10,000-15,000 mark. To put it in perspective the F-35 is meant to replace the Harrier, A-10, F-16 and F-18 which is around 1,500 planes. Do you really think the US military has the budget to afford that?

In short whoever was shilling the "High Tech Stealth Aircraft" in the USAF is probably a Chinese sleeper agent cause it's going to bankrupt the US military big time, the only way they could afford these new aircraft is if they trippled the military's budget or cut their forces down by half, and in the USAF you are talking about losing 600 frontline aircraft. So yeah you can have your "Stealth" aircraft, but then the USAF will become scarcely larger than a European Air Force. Keep in mind also the USAF hasn't even replaced a lot of their bombers and logistics aircraft, some of which are over 50 years old!

So yeah Lockheed Martin should be brought up on treason charges since the company has single handled destroyed the military strength of the United States.

Seeing waste, fraud and abuse being addressed is like kryptonite to these worthless niggers. It's not as if this should come as a surprise to them that he's going to do what he says.

They took the YF-23 and started modifying it and using it as the base for the Skunkworks Spaceplane and left the second best for the "next-gen fighter"
And Christ I didn't know Lockheed had dicked us down that hard. Fucking cocksmokers. Where's the spiritual successor to the F-16/F-18? You're probably right about the stealth meme being a deep agent shill. but for the kikes

Lockheed has dicked everyone since their inception. The F-104 they basically destroyed most of the European aviation industry by bribing politiicans to accept their aircraft over far more capable designs.

what about urban environments where shitty buildings are in the way? how are legs not practical if you can just toggle back and fourth from tank position to walk position, not sure how physics would fair with this, I'm pretty sure legs would be fucking useless and perhaps even impossible for something that weights 60 ton or more.

I was worried Trump would be an idiot when he won the election. Turns out he's the most intelligent leader the US has had in decades. Too bad the military industrial complex will probably try to assassinate him.

Lies. They created the F-117 Nighhawk, the first ever operational stealth aircraft, and one of the coolest looking aircraft at that.
Virtually undetectable.

Dark side Moon prison and Martian Nazi Ethno-State here we come.

kek

The F-117 was a piece of shit

Fuck it, make everything else out of polymers and non-ferrous metals.

I can't wait for these fucking kikes to go full Garrison on the TrumpenFuehrer.

That looks suspiciously like a coded message to shoot the President. I'm gonna let the secret service know I am a concerned citizen.

Stealth technology has hilarious limitations.
Back in its day it had its place.
We've reached the point now though where it's pretty much useless. Thanks to improvements in computer technology data sharing between radar platforms is ludicrously easy along with general improvements to radar technology.
So now so long as you have multiple radars covering a region you'll pick up stealth aircraft.

They found this out with Eurofighters which have a datasharing system linking every aircraft in a wing.
Including radar data. Along with whats needed to interpret that collective data.
Stealth tech fails pretty much every time even in ideal conditions.

Against land based systems its even worse as now its normal for even the smallest anti-air platforms to have its own radar setup even if its some tiny little thing rather than relying on info sent to them from a larger central platform.
ANd they'll all be sharing with each other.

You won't get a stealth bomber into Russia or China.
You can only get them into Europe on account of them already being inside the UK and the rest of Europe not having the money to buy military equipment.

No it's not… It's good at killing tanks, not people. And there are better things even for killing tanks.

Has the person who drew those images ever seen a F-35 or a Super Hornet?

PRAISE JESUS

LOL

:^ ]

Russians have different design philosophy to the west in regards to planes.
They prefer structural and mechanical solutions compared to technical ones.

They design their planes to be stable. Then make them unstable by technical means.
Meanwhile we design planes to be unstable then make them stable by technical means.

A Russian plane will thus always be sexy because it is a good plane by its very nature.

That's really going to fuck off the chinks. Semi-related article. Sage for being off on a tangent.
archive.is/o7ll3

Just say you identify as a jew black female horse and demand they let you in.

0/10

If you want to get real crazy there's pic related. My grandpa had the honor of pulling the guts from one during the war. If my great uncle wasn't such a cunt and took all my grand's memorabilia I'd still have most of the photos.

kek japs go too far with that one

The US desperately needs an air superiority fighter. Hopefully we can get the F-22 back off of mothballs.

The F-35 is the same shitball that the clitoris cruiser and bradley fighting vehicle are: they overload the vehicle with mutliple multiple roles and it sucks at all of them.

The Pentagon needs a good ass kicking when it comes to this shit.

That die hard movie comes to mind. And even in that movie the producers seemed to know it's a piece of shit because Bruce Willis takes it out with some FOD to the lift fan.

The F22 is a lame duck.

Just buy a fuckton of Eurofighters. They're better than F22s and already had their development costs paid for.

I've always had a fascination with everything around this sake-guided missile. I kind of respect what they were willing to do for their emperor.

Guided missiles/bombs were highly desirable but difficult to make back then.

The Germans had their radio controlled ones that could be best described as death traps for the aircraft using them.
And Brauns stuff was….dubious in terms of accuracy.

The Brits came up with a pigeon guided bomb.
I shit you not. A pigeon guided bomb. They trained pigeons to be strapped into bombs and direct them to the target by tapping a pane of glass that manipulated fins that altered its trajectory.

Japs just went for the quickest and easiest solution

My washingtub geography isn't too good, are they shooting at the white house, from the white house?

Yes.

well, yea,,,, they ARE made of plastic? metal reflects radar…….

Elta EL/M-2075 AESA AEW&C radar system mounted on a Boeing 707.

That'd be a good fallback. I'd like to see a tank with a cluster of deployable drones so it doesn't have to rely on observation craft in a pinch.

I always preferred the Me163.

Pork

I mean, we're talking space elevators.

Checked, kek confirms Lockheed Martin is going to get thrown off this Trump train with no survivors.

Do you even into science?

My proudest boner.

Your waifu a shit.

but a dynamically unstable plane is a better fighter than a dynamically stable plane. it doesn't fight you when you're maneuvering, means you can do tighter circles to get your guns on your opponent.

with his cannons or with his wrenches?

Didn't that happen around about 2003? At least some of them knew when to quit. What was the one with the insane green rabbit or whatever?

Stop blocking vpn's, you retards

The amount of peasant planes in this thread is disgusting, this is the great of all time plane no question about it.

No it isn't. Trump is no fool, and he's a very shrewd businessman to boot.

He's simply going to gut the scope-creep and direct consolidating the elements that are working. Canceling the extra 10 plane extension on Day 1 will literally save billions atp, and will let Lockheed-Martin et al know he means business.

The F-35 is literally the most sophisticated aircraft in human history. Eliminating it especially after such heavy investment thus far'' would be a fool's errand for the US.

That's fucking stupid.
This is reality not a videogame, are you telling me they got so lazy they just wanted to spam a single unit with no specialization?

Yes.

The super hornet platform actually works pretty well for the navy.

Man, just seeing it with West German markings pisses me off, we only adopted that piece of shit, despite the protest off the German military, including fucking Erich Hartmann, because the Amis blackmailed that Bavarian faggot Strauß with his past as an allied spy.
Fucking Bavarians.

Reminds me of any number of variations of recent Mikoyan or Sukhoi fighters.

Actually, I'm a fucking retard and confused Strauß with Jung, no, he was actually just bribed.

Tellingly, the entire affair is called the "Lockheed bribery scandal", lmao
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_bribery_scandals

Can't argue with those trips.

It practically was America's Su-37. IMO an F-15S/MT X F-15SE should be the staple for USAF and ASF-14 the equivalent for the Navy.
foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/top-gun-day-special-the-super-tomcat-that-was-never-bu-1575814142
ignore the kotaku labelplz
theaviationist.com/2015/02/25/f-14s-that-never-were/

pic unrelated to your post but anons will appreciate.

f-22 is an okay air superiority fighter with good standoff ability. but it's not invisible and it's not invincible. i wouldn't say the eurofighter is better anymore than i'd say the f-22 is better because the mission roles they should be used in aren't identical. f-22 standoff ability is probably the best in the world today. eurofighter is a more general use fighter-bomber. more comparable to the f-18.

generals and logistics planners like a single aircraft that does all missions because it's easy to plan for and means they don't need to do their job.

False. Stealth does indeed have a place when combined with tactics.
The point is to make sure they never get a full picture with the tech you're talking about.

Sunken costs fallacy.

Correction:
got beat in SUBSONIC instantaneous maneuverability because it didn't have vector thrust. It beat the YF-22 in supersonic and most likely sustained turn rate like in every other aspect except for projected cost or so they thought.

THIS PLEASES BELKA

You don't need stealth aircraft for SEAD

Pointless, just fly in missiles. They're much like airplanes only they go faster, are smaller, and are cheaper.

Enlisted: 15 December 1942
Military Spec. and Duties: Ammo. Tech.
Job Summar: Pushed and pulled hand trucks loaded with crude rubber bales
He ended up going through numerous Ordinance Companies in this Duration of National Emergency document. I'll have to scan this all in at a point

It sure as shit helps.

That's assuming your intel is 100% correct. A jet can fly to its target and automatically fire an anti-radiation missile if illuminated.

I like the Su-37 and F-15SMT better.

Just put HARMs on your missile. Problem solved.

Underrated post, just the sr-71 or b-2 can be compared and they are their grandsons.

Underrated.

Every time the millitary figures its shit out. They go on a fucking crusade to find the "Perfect X that does everything" Look at every total-multirole weapons project ever (LETS REPLACE THE m1 m1 Carbine, springfield, grease gun, thompson, browning machine guns, LITERALLY EVERYTHING) during and after WW2, they tried to develop the AR-15 into a total multirole system and ended up canceling virtually everything (Some SOF applications were kept) The AR is an excelent fighting rifle, and has good accuracy but it is no fucking M249/0 replacement, it won't outshoot the M40 or any dedicated platform.

You just end up with a logistical hell trying to make one thing do everything, it would be just as bad if you had followed an overspecalized and hyper-individualized development plan.
They do this every fucking time a technology begins to mature (plateau) look at the revolving door ideology of APC roles, Tanks, small arms etc. We are nearing the end of the cycle and they will return to light armored and lightly armed with high carrying capacity.

To get back on topic:
But the biggest issue with the F35 program is the marines are autistic and want a new harrier just so they can justify their WASP class ships. As if the OSPREY (V-22) wasn't a big enough waste of money and developmental, and continuous waste of cash. The cause of this issue is an inflated defense budget that is being spent on procurement and development creating a snowballing neurotic clusterfuck instead of training men to fight. We aren't falling behind the world in arms development, but we will if we continue to obsess about FUCKING VTOL and how small the CEP is of a laser guided 300,000 dollar 200lb bomb is when we are just blowing up goat-fuckers.

It would be hilarious but completely impractical to integrate rwr and stores management into a missile

dat ass

The speech was given in Israel today and Israel received two of the planes today. While I want to believe otherwise, the first sentence makes sense in the context it was given. Still, the plane is bullshit and the kikes at Lockheed need to hang for wasting so much time, instead of building a next gen A-10 (don't hate on my planefu).

Your terrible taste in nose art aside, an up-armored current gen A-10 (A10X? A10+?) would be perfect for the US's current needs.

Dude, just….fuck off already. This would be acceptable if it's the Flight High School girls.

Also…

The F-35 can't even do anything the A-10 does at all. It's nothing like a next gen A-10.

That's another one that needs to be reviewed by Trump. The negativity surrounding it seems consistent so I'd assume it's an overpriced, under performing piece of shite as well.

why not 2 gau8's?

the A-10X2.

We can call it the A-10 Double-D for short.

Double Death

Ammo and weight considerations. Besides, the GAU-8 firing already slows the plane down significantly when it fires. Imagine what two of them would do? It might actually stall.

Funny, because my woman rides that dicker.

Aw shit, I meant to spoil instead of sage.

The pic isn't even nsfw. Nice trips though.

I guess so, seemed too borderline to get the kids in a tizzy, though.

Is this made by the Upotte faggot? They both have the exact same cringy anti-humor.

They seem to want to be antag instead of working together. Not true Russian stock.

I only spoilered because of the plane anthro. Just being polite.

I honestly can't think of any way to improve a A-10. Maybe more powerful engines and extending the titanium bathtub through the entire aircraft? inb4 stealth A-10s

I know. The idea that they're going to defunct my waifu for that whore of a plane makes me sad.

I refuse to believe all this money has been wasted on the F-35 part of me believes Lockheed Martin has being trying to breed genetically engineered catgirls for domestic use

Shhhh no logic only shit posting now.

Go back to cuckchan. You'll fit in better with the other room temperature IQ idiots that are there.

You're a fucking TRS-tier smug-hating idiot. The humor is referential, nogunz plebs like you are not supposed to get it.

Newer stronger engines for starters, maybe also give them thrust vectoring for better maneuverability and STOL.
Better avionics.
Better SEAD and stand-off capabilities.
Greater use of composites in the airframe.
Better self-defense countermeasures.
Maybe replace GAU-8 with a more modern derivative that isn't that anemic 25mm GAU-22 F-35 was supposed to use.

Sounds like a pretty good package tbh. A thrust vectoring A-10 would be godly, but it doesn't fit the mission, so I think it would be a waste of resources. STOL would be nice, then they could go on carriers.

no

The gun can't penetrate the top of a modern mbt's armor unless it gets lucky. The most it can do is take off a track or fuck up sensors/viewports. Of course, given how much of the plane is the gun, I'm not sure they could take it off or replace it without practically making a new aircraft.

A-10 already has an incredibly small turn radius and it can even easily outturn fighter planes though only once since it bleeds kinetic energy due to weak old-non afterbuning engines and that's a great advantage for a gun-based CAS platform like it; also A-10 is already STOL since it's supposed to operate from damaged and makeshift runways, it strikes me as weird it hasn't been used already as a carrierborne striker. Thrust vectoring would take both these advantages of A-10 (maneuverability and STOL) to the limit.

If the GAU can't penetrate the armor of modern MBTs, I can't see there being a kinetic weapons platform on an aircraft that is able to. Then again, I might just not be creative enough. Reactive armor kills things like missiles too. Probably the best way to deal with modern MBTs is cluster mines, tbh…

I wasn't suggesting ditching the GAU-8, just replacing it with a worthy successor that is NOT GAU-22 or anything under 30mm.

The design is already 40 years old, I bet it can be done better or at least do the same thing they did with F-22's Vulcan cannon, which is keep the overall design but remove redundant parts and replace other parts with modern alloys and composites for weight and cost reduction.

Whatever happened to that US-Japan mecha battle? Has that happened yet? Is it still on?

daily reminder that it was aryan man who put groundwork for all of our achievements that kikes hijacked today.

wouldn't work on convictions they already have.
that would be see it as a victory.

but anything else would work like a charm.

I hope they go bankrupt and have to start selling their secret UFO technology to the public to make ends meet.

Problem is that long range missile airwar has been consistently proven to be a stupid yankee dream that never works out in reality.

Meaning the F22's main method of attack doesn't work in reality.

Ha ha!

that number 5 can become a swastika easily…

kys, chaim.

Pls stop repeating jewish lies and redirection. There is other shit much more interesting.

Also, these tanks are better for defence. Being buried up to the dome.

So how I predict shit will unfold in the next 4 years

???
ERECTION

I know that feel bro

Draken is cooler tho

Holla Forums showing their ideological illiteracy… again!

You're a big girl…

dubs and

are you saying a person espousing communist views has no knowledge of work or the working class? shocking!

That's why the Russians make them unstable using the same means that we use to make our planes stable.

There's advantages and disadvantages to both approaches.

Main difference though is you can glide a Russian plane to some extent. Even when its badly damaged.
An F22 or F35 with severe control surface damage is a brick.

The main reason the Russians use this approach though is because they just prefer the mechanical/physical approach to engineering.

sounds like a real Upgrayedd

This is actually what Metal Gear REX has, one on each side. It's the mech equivalent of dual-wielding Desert Eagles.

Every time.

I'll just post this here….
RAF having some good old fun in an Eurofighter Typhoon

disregard music
aquire currency

This is now a zogbot recruitment thread.

Agreed.

No, seriously. Kill yourself.

yeah.
no.

Post your plainfus

Americans were mostly getting shot down because liberal commie sympathizers (the news media, that is) were lying about civilian casualties from strikes on AA sites and even traveling to NV to be human shields for AAA.

fuck off commie

Well by virtue of being very large it does represent german engineering.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Press_Program

lol
fff.org/2016/05/19/open-borders-libertarian-position-immigration/

Another perfectly good thread derailed by plane fags
Oh wait
actually this is a great thread post more planes
make me braaaaaap
This like watching porn to me.

Well, aren't you late to the party.

We Neo-Russian Empire now?

Fuck yeah, rsmote pilot them, every time one dies, just activate a new one.

Mecha itself is generally stupid, and tank would be better.

Except….the mecha are always horribly underarmed.

Most Gundam size Mecha? Look at the guns. Look at the barrels. They should be firing massive high explosive shells, literally pissing artillery scale explosions on every thing.

Bayformers? Should just whip out a minigun and spray away at puny humans.

Even something the size of an EPA in Fear 2 was horribly undergunned. One 7.62 NATO caliber minigun in one hand, a Automatic 40mm Grenade Lunacher in another, and a self loading automatic JAvELIN system mounted on the back.

There done. Massive firepower in a decently armored package.

sad

bodyyyyy

What a ride this video was. I'm gonna have to look this girl up some time.

Lattice degeneration in my retina ;^(

CONFIRMED FOR BOT! SAME CAPTION AND WORDING EVERY TIME

WAS POSTED IN ANOTHER THREAD YESTERDAY AS WELL. MODS PLEASE TAKE NOTE

All the sightings of flying saucers over military bases would explain the global sightings of UFO's.
But what is exactly powering these craft, some on board nuclear reacter that produces enough electricity to make elctro-magnetic drive possible?

Vril energy maybe?
Perhaps the Nazis were onto something with their mysticism. But nobody has figured it out so we've got sleek new modern UFOs being powered by Nazi made exotic energy sources that nobody understands.

Awww shit.
Mysticism.

Whatever you say, satan. Be honest with yourself and you'll see it's XKCD level of
There is no real setup or punchline other than the author taking some fact about a plane in then trying to make that into a joke. A-10 has a big gun, so, uh, let's have the punchline be that MiG-29-san teases A-10-kun about her big gun! Make sure to throw in some fan service and moe expressions on your under aged girls and now you have legions of pathetic fans.
wew lad. I don't know what's worse, this or the JDF propaganda that is GATE.

Because I'm pretty sure the recoil would bring it to a complete stop midair tbh.

Still a very real dynamic in the real world.

This.

Remove the left wing?
I agree.

archive link?

What we need is a F-22B or even F-22C with a new A-10D Production line with replacement not being a fucking F-35 but a new A-10 redesigned for better air to ground and even more stupid strong. IE more BRRRTTTTTTTTT

Reported

test

Why the fuck would you make a spaceplane out of an sophisticatedly AEROdynamic devoted stealth when stealth does not work in space?

The point of a spaceplane in the CURRENT YEAR is that it can operate in-atmosphere at an advanced level and has the thrust to punch into LEO at will. It's probably still in the design phase unless the Solar Warden program is real, which it probably isn't.

How can shit like this happen and so-called liberals hate Trump still?

BTW, manned fighter aircraft have been obsolete for decades. Humans can only withstand so many Gs. Stealth has been defeated. It's all about missiles, drones, and EMP weapons now. Airplanes are solely for transport and portable weapon systems.

When was the last legit dogfight? Vietnam?

The requirement was a MULTI-ROLE stealth fighter. This goofy thing actually looks the part.
I feel this was a missed opportunity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gryazev-Shipunov_GSh-6-30

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I liked it more than the X-35 too. Intuitively it looked like it would make a better VTOL than the downgraded F-22 X-35 was and plus it reminded me of a stealth A-7 which was a good plane.

My understanding was that they had to add/remove parts in order to make it VTOL.

VTOL is overrated with today's tech

multi-role is overrated, having three different planes with three different specialities would be more effective and cheaper

LMIDF fuck off please

go back to /britpol/ where you fucking belong

Didn't need to be supersonic for its role.

What a coincidence!

Lockheed Martin turns out to really be a Jewish plot to destroy the American military, who'd have guessed?

That looks whorrible

it resembles a fat duck.

It was a plot by the Chinese to damage the US military and steal their secrets. Lockheed Martin is run by the Chinese

I do not understand this.

Technically Boeing was an option as well

Its if they have to cut the canopy. One would presume.

It isn't. Literally all Japanese fantasy weapon designs, whether they're guns, melee weapons, robotics or armor, are always 99% aesthetics and 1% functionality/practicality.

New Air Force One confirmed.

Serious question, why haven't we just built a fuckhuge dirigible that can park at 40 kilometers up in the atmosphere and just drop bombs yet?

The advantage of these things is how much weight they can carry with little expenditure of energy, and at that altitude there's certainly no ground-based weapon system that's going to shoot one down except for anti-satellite missiles.

You'd think it wouldn't cost a whole lot of money either, the concept is fairly simple and the technology is all there. Miniaturization isn't an issue either–just make the balloon as big as it has to be, they were making these things the size of cruise ships in the 1920s.

Missiles.

ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

Stealth blimps have existed for decades. It's probably the least talked about black project, because it's mostly used for passive surveillance, so there's really no situation where the general public needs to know about them.

The surface area of a blimp capable of holding anything at 40km would be big enough to light it up like a fucking Christmas tree for an entire hemisphere to see. It's just not practical. The real reason we don't have blimps, bombers or space stations dropping bombs on enemies is pic related. Which is coincidentally the same sort of tech that would kill anything that visible that high up.

Multi-role, mainly ground attack with some air to air capabilities.

Basically a replacement for the f-16, Harrier, and early version hornets.

Basically, it's an f-16 with stealth features, upgraded radar, avionics, computers, and communications system, with some varients having VTOL capabilities.

The f-22 is supposed to be a replacement for the f-15 at the Air superiority role.

Most of the upgraded capabilities of both the f-22 and f-35 could have been retrofitted into the f-15 and f-16 respectively, except for the stealth features that required an entirely new airframe.

And since the in service f-15s, harriers, and f-16s have aging airframes… replacing them with an entirely new airframe was deemed the best option.

One of the only problems with both of the programs is that lockheed is notoriously money hungry, even going so far as to distribute the manufacturing process for the f-22 to several promenant senator and congressional districts, in order to use the "Muh Jobs" line to convince congress for approval… and this gave them quite a headache as some of the manufacturing facilities didn't communicate with eachother so well, and entire batches of parts had to be scrapped because the standards were wrong.

Actually it's a funny story, but it seems that they got the bugs worked out of the manufacturing process, and having an airframe designed from the ground up for stealt IS fairly important for air combat, especially future air combat where it alone could mean the difference between victory and defeat.

All in all, I tink they are sexy aircraft, I'm just a little dissapointed at lockheed due to their greed.

If there is one thing you absolutely WANT to keep to yourself, it's air superiority.

If you don't have Air superiority, CAS is going to be extremely difficult, which makes infantry and mechanized incursions more difficult.

Not to mention the danger to your supply chain.

"sexy" doesn't win wars, you ignorant tranny faggot.

"multi-role" is simply military-industrial speak for "colossal but profitable waste of money"

Good tools do one thing very well: hammer, drill, light machine gun, RPG, car, all of these things do one thing and do it right. Notice how cars are becoming a clusterfuck as they try to add more features to them (media shit, self driving, wireless, etc.) causing them to become security nightmares which will make kidnapping their passengers a fucking breeze.

Same thing goes with air craft: large payload and manoeuvrable are pretty much diametric opposites, while high-output engines and stealth are also pretty hard to stick in the same package (giving your plane a heat sig detectable from fucking orbit isn't exactly conducive to stealthy operation).

The F-35 is basically an abortion of R&D. The US military never seems to learn from its past attempts to make "modular" or "multi-role" ships/planes/etc. but I'm guessing it's a deliberate conspiracy to pump the US gov't for more money.

'modular' isn't a bad thing per se. The Panzer IV was the basis for a shitload of things. If you could swap that shit out it could potentially ease logistics no end. The russians (certainly during the 90s) actually work to this as a supply doctrine; units are sent into battle and they're expected to scrounge up parts from units that were previously in the field, it's only the utterly wrecked/stripped stuff that gets sent back to base.

The two big problems are:

Every five years the goalposts move, and you get the clusterfuck we have now.

WW2 had fighter planes get bombs and rockets strapped to them. Post battle analysis shows they scared the shit out of the ground targets they were going for… and that was about it. Most were misses.

Which aircraft utterly skullfucked a tank attack (I think a regiment?) to the point it had to be called off? The Hs192, dubbed 'The Panzerknacker' because it had a good slow speed to line up shots, thick armour (for a plane) to cope with the bullets flying at it, and a 75mm cannon. It was built from the ground up to skullfuck tanks.

However, consider this; originally you had tanks with various classes. The light tank, medium, heavy. What do we have now? The Main Battle Tank, because it can do everything. An MBT worked, so a Main Battle Aircraft is not an unreasonable thing. In theory, you could have something that could stealth, something that could have lots of bombs and missles or something that could be lightly armed but able to intercept hard. The F-35 is a fuckup, don't get me wrong, but I can sort-of see what they had in mind.

>nobody got the quote
You're pretty gay__

somebody's butthurt.

So, israel doesn't want any, then?

from military or as a civilian? I avoided the chair force because I knew I couldn't pass the eye test as a pilot. Then of course they allowed lasik.

And I was about to thing it could not get any more notorious.

If your only argument is that I'm using a trip, you have officially lost.

leld

Why are Russian planes so sexy?

You know this is seriously disturbing but sukhois give me a boner. I will probably have to seek help.

To me looking at a sukhoi is like looking at a 10/10 pornstar.

You know what this means

That's why you need four guns. Two pointing forward, two pointing back. When you shoot the enemy, the rear guns automatically fire to cancel out the recoil.

Genghis, come on.

It's almost impossible for this project to have been an even larger disasters than F-35 but it died basically due to pic related

Fug okay this is going to be difficult

FUGG

LEAVE X-32 ALONE

Completely off topic but I once saw three B2's in formation making a triforce of sorts. I pulled over to watch it, first noticed because the contrails together were strange.

It was kind of awe inspiring seeing three of those together

It's kind of fucking crazy to see one of them I suppose, because they look like the batwing. To see three at once, god damn the zogbucks…

who thought this was a good idea?

must have been awe inspiring

It was pretty fucking cool for a random thing. I used to be enlisted in the Air Force but this was way later and just random. I told everybody I knew and they were all who gives a fuck, but it looked really fucking cool

I know nothing about jets, but what is with the a-10 warthog and why is it a meme

It would also be propaganda if it put the army in a negative light, as every appearance of an army in media is propaganda. I hope you dumb faggots finally get it through your heads.

He didn't call you a mongol for what you did. He called you a mongol for what you are. There is a huge leap in logic between your two statements.

Because BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

The Serbs only shut it down by literally spamming missiles every day until one of them hit. God damn is the posting quality going down due to all the cuckchan exoduses.

Trips are always right.
I'm a project manager who worked a fair share of public contracts. Whenever a budget gets exceeded by more than 20% there is a big chance that money is being misused. We had one project creating a custom software for the public administration. They also wanted some changes to another software that wasn't in the scope of the tender. They knew they wouldn't get the budget for these changes as it was a touchy privacy issue even within the administration. The chairman made a backroom deal with our CEO basically telling them to bill the changes on the other project. CEO was concerned that exceeding the project budget would make the company look bad and the chairman comforted him by assuring him another future contract. This is how shit works. For all that say "But user you have to go public with stuff like this" if you do this both parties will just deny it and claim you're a disgruntled employee who wants to get back at the company. Then they throw shit at you like fraud, sexual harassment, mental illness etc.

Y'know, there was a German joke back in the day:

What's the best way to get a Starfighter?
Buy some land and wait.

Sukhois, man…. Why do they look so good?
This is the thing about new Russian planes. Not only do they out perform almost everything, but they look menacing as all hell

You're barking up the right tree. Consider the OA-10B. Two seater A-10 so the pilot doesn't have to fly/shoot/radio/spot all at the same time (Thus reducing incidences of friendly fire), and operable from a carrier. Rather than replacing the GAU-8, supplement it with GAU-19 and/or rockets so it can do the same job as an Apache with better durability and loiter time. Considering the enemies the US faces these days are all using Russian tech (and old stuff at that) the GAU-8 is more than sufficient for dealing with them and at at the very least it'll soften up the massive amounts of ERA the more modern of those tanks use before following up with a proper missile strike. Since the things carry such a large payload they could also be used for anti-submarine warfare too, deploying sonobouys which these days can be made small enough that you don't need a specialized aircraft to carry and deploy them. It could even perform the same role as a modern F6D Missileer.

and as an aside, since everyone here faps over NS German technology. There's a strong possibility the design for the A-10 was inspired by this concept plane. There's a number of similarities.

This is great news

The whole reason for "stealth" is improper use of planes.

Want to be stealthy? Fly low.

it's happening

Can a planefag recommend a good book for intro to aviation?

If you're flying over a perfectly flat landscape, that works. It's not so easy in mountainous areas.

Michael Crichton's Airframe

oh boy then you haven't heard of the hs 129. it had a variant equipped with a 7.5 cm pak 40 anti tank gun.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henschel_Hs_129#Hs_129_B-3

if only the war had gone on 2 more years hitlers germany would have provided us with soooo many more cool weapons of warfare.

IIRC when fired it noticeably reduced the aircrafts airspeed.

I'm sure a modern variant equipped with modern ammunition, targeting electronics and made of lightweight titanium alloys would be more than capable of penetrating tanks top armor with ease via a platform like the a-10.

The maneuverability is about the same, they just use two different ways to achieve it. Russians go the hard way.

Americans build an airplane that is a brick.
Then they use a computer to make it fly straight.
This gives them added maneuverability.
Americans have to expend more fuel to keep it flying straight, compared to Russian jets.
Americans have less control surfaces which saves weight, and makes maintenance and manufacturing easier.
If American computer dies, they crash.

Russians build an airplane that is a high speed low drag aerodynamic Jesus.
They add more control surfaces. Pakfa has 12 + 2 TVC nozzles, F-35 has 8.
Then they use computer software to make it maneuver as good as Americans.
Russians have to expend more fuel to turn the aircraft, compared to American jets.
Russians have more control surfaces, so if some get shot off, there's plenty of redundant ones.
If Russian computer dies, they just lose advanced maneuverability, but can still fly back to base or even finish a mission.

Author is Tyler Rogoway, he actually knows what he's talking about, and managed to stay on after the purchase and keep his foxtrotalpha column.

They still fired him eventually for stare raping someone.

I have a real soft spot for the way the ruskies keep going for the mechanical engineering approach.

F-35 is replacing/competing with:
F-15, F-16, F-18, F-5, F-4, A-4, A-6, A-10, F-111, Tornado, Typhoon, Harrier, AMX International, Gripen, Rafale, F-2A, FA-50, MiG-21, MiG-29, Su-22, Mirage 2000 and more.

Replace the 30mm Avenger cannon with the 100mm Green Mace cannon.

Both have 17.5 seconds of continuous fire.

Rate of fire is lower in Green Mace, only 96 rounds/minute.

However Green Mace is seven times more accurate, meaning you can fire it from seven times the range, meaning enemy counter-fire can't hit you.

And Green Mace can fire full tank APFSDS, so it can BTFO tanks no problem.

(checked)
Thanks

The plan was to take the YF-23 and use it as a strike eagle replacement but the idea got assfucked in 2010

OY VEY WHAT A DISASTER!! HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GET (((BLACK BUDGER))) MONEY NOW!! FUCKING GOYIM

*(((BLACK BUDGET)))

Kill yourself.

Posting what an user posted a while ago on this very subject.

Fixed that for you.

the glorious sound of 30mm democracy

nope

a blimp need atmosphere to be able to float in it
40 km up there's really not enough of it, for about the last 36 km or so
at 20 km and above, there's only mylar weather balloons, with a 20 µm thick envelope containing as much hydrogen as possible and a 840.3 grams payload
your bomb is a firecracker, except much lighter, because there's not enough oxygen to light the fuse, so there has to be a remote lighter system after it has fallen 36 km during the last half-hour

At least it's not as expensive as the Air Force One program.

The Airforce One Program is getting fixed. Trump called Boeing out and they agreed to come up with a better price. In return for their compliance Trump asked them to provide him with a cost estimate for a F-18 Super Hornet program.

F-35 and by extent Israel, who will be stuck with a fleet of them that will have no replacement parts when they predictably break, BTFO.

An F-16 loaded down with two full external fuel tanks managed to outmaneuver a half fuel clean F-35.

It cannot dogfight.

No one ever questioned F-35 range, people questioned its fuel consumption.

It is still the fighter with the highest fuel consumption per engine about to enter service.

F-35 was promised with supercruise so we would overlook that it's max speed is Mach 1.6 while F-16 can go Mach 2. Now we find out F-35 can only supercruise for short hops by going downwards. It can't supercruise in level flight at all.

F-35 is slower than was promised.

DAS are available on many other fighters, and can be strapped onto F-15 and F-16 as well. The Gripen has it for example. AESA is on every modern fighter, it has benefits and drawbacks, idk what you're talking about. Having DAS doesn't prevent it from being a low flying, slow flying, low power, pig that can't turn.

F-35 can see the enemy coming, and do nothing about it.

F-35 was projected at $56 million. Then the projected cost was revised up to $84 million. The actual price is $135 million for America, and up to $250 million for American allies.

It is expensive garbage.

The reason why people said it would be unreliable is the ridiculous time it has to spend on the ground between sorties. It has to be repaired basically every time it flies.
Also it is unreliable in other ways as well, because it requires frequent component changes to avionics processors, landing gear tires, thermal management systems, ejection seat assemblies, cockpit display electronics unit, helmet display units, seat survival kits, igniter-spark in the turbine engines, and on-board oxygen generating systems.

The pig is unreliable.

CAS requires airplanes to fly low and be able to identify targets based on their features. Seeing just a white humanoid lamp on a screen is not enough, because that could be a civilian, or a friendly. F-35 cannot get into range of enemy artillery because it will get wrecked, x-band stealth is not going to keep it safe from j-band shilka or an infrared MANPAD missile.

F-35 has zero ability to do CAS.

B-2 has better stealth. F-35 has a higher frontal RCS than F-117, which got shot down by a radar guided missile in a third world country. It's worse than every stealth aircraft ever fielded by America.
F-35 rearward RCS is worse than F-18.

F-35 is barely stealthy enough to be called a stealth aircraft.

Two separated L-band antenna data can be interpolated to remove noise, and give a precise hit for a BVR missile launch. That's why enemies are fitting L-band antenna to their fighters.

L-band can most definitely detect F-35.

We could say it can't fly in rain because it ruins stealth and it has no lightning protection…. or that it won't even have the software to fire its gun until 2025, that it can't take hot fuel so all fuel trucks have to be insulated, that the main engine on the B variant is a blowtorch that cuts through aircraft carrier decks, or that the cool VR helmet is so heavy that a pilots neck is snapped off during emergency ejection!

If it was Stalinist Russia, Stalin would be pleased. He was glad to keep the incompetent around and kill off the smarter ones around him.

gib back clay

Also flying low is a fucking waste of fuel

Piece of shit, maybe, but launched quite a few avionics and fast implementation ideas all at once. A lot was learned. Downside was expensive, scary for the pilots to learn to fly, and a pain the ass to hide (more expenses), but it's number one intent was to shorten the cold war. Current year thinking then.

F-14 is mai waifu,

Dendrobium > everything else

Except we've talking about Mechwarrior this whole time, considering where Battletech and MW stole from

Don't waifu planes you mechanophile fuck

And the friction can warp metals and even the glass canopy.

But some aircraft can take it, because they're shaped correctly and made of the right materials.

Pic related is designed for supersonic nap-of-earth flight, key features being aerodynamic shaping, the weird humpback prevents it from crashing due to turbulence (massive problem with F-104s). The massive tail allows air to separate gently without creating vortices, which reduces drag.

Now my dream is actually somewhat possible.

B L E A S E

That's not going to happen unless it happened from the start which should have, considering what the F-22 is used for the YF-23 would have been far more capable

Everything else looks like it's going to happen.

A MAN CAN DREAM
AND A MAN DREAMS OF THE LATTER 75% OF THAT DREAM

BLEASE., BOIS

[sp]bring back the B-58 HUSTLER[/sp)

I can add to that. For close ranges, artillery is king. Aircraft have limited loiter time. But, artillery can sit around all day dropping shells on the enemy (minus maneuvering due to counter-battery fire.)

Hustler is also muh planefu. I was enlisted in the USAF long ago back to have worked to have worked with a civil servant that served in the early Air Force on Airstrip One back in the day and had stories about that dirty whore a planefu

She so dirty but dat okay

It's literally what was competing with the F-35 at the start. You probably should have went with that

I am chuckling at the idea of helicopters with anime girls on it gunning people down. Now I just need video of this and I can set the beginning of the video to some happy J-pop and that quickly transitions to death metal when the killing begins.

A woman's opinion… Kek!

The cobra turns look unreal. I don't think the F35 is capable of this maneuver.

Square cube law would like a word, as would target profiling, enjoy trying to go into hull down position with that massive target that needs to be light enough to exist and somehow not get destroyed by infantry AT. PROTIP: you can't, giant mechshit remains fantasy for a reason.

Look at that, a woman that doesn't know any better? What are the odds?

Why is the Fullback so fucking sexy?

I can imagine civilization 500 years from now teaching students the reasons for the downfall of the USA.

Bullshit.

If he did then Hitler would have won the war.

So they couldn´t even move the aircraft out of the path of a few missiles?

Bullshit.

Shitty planes are shitty, time to pull the plug!