How would you retcon or otherwise write out any story arc, event, or sequel?

See the title.

On my front, I'd totally have Korra cheat on Asami with gangs of Chad Thundercocks since her dykery has lead to an underwhelming relationship. This goes on until Asami chimpsout and domestic abuse happens. I'd also throw in shieet like Amon being a Waterbender as Republic City propaganda and Vaatu with Raava being a misinterpretation of the Avatar.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Zc5wug5A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go with that copypasta that Asami was the villain the entire time, as in acquired former Equalist tech from her father, supplied both sides of the water tribe civil war and then got the Avatar to fall in love with her just by writing a few letters.
Asami's the nice kind daughter of an industrialist in public but a cold heart crazy manipulative bitch behind closed doors.

Either that or pretend all four books of Korra didn't happen and start from scratch.

Simple. It was all a dream.

OK, here's how I try to fix Korra…first thing's first. Asami, villain who's manipulating the events in the background. She plays the nicey nice girl while she's really a manipulative bitch who covers her tracks well. Where I'm going with this? I am going to sink the ship so hard. OK, with Korra now under her thumb, Asami now uses Korra as an enforcer per se, removing all her rivals..that is until a masked individual is foiling her plans (idea right now is that guy is the new Blue Spirit…but he's more or less the Avatar version of the Shadow). At the same time, a new guy showed up, acting as a business rival to Sato Industries (still can't think of a name..but current idea is to find a way to find a name that translates as "Speedwagon" because that's going to be his role at that point.)

Anyways, the masked man foiling Asami's plan (again, the gang doesn't know) and bested Korra in a fight with said man telling Korra that her "partner" might not be as squeaky clean as she thought and build the story from there.

On the other front, turns out Noatak isn't the real Amon, just a guy who took said identity…and the real Amon is pissed that some guy is using his identity and the Equalists gained a second resurgence. At the same time, remnants of the Earth Empire is making a comeback (seems that not all of them are surrendering peacefully and the new leader felt that Kuvira had betrayed her men..basically the new leader of the Earth Empire remnant is the Avatar equivalent of Big Boss)

And that's all I got at the moment. Was also going to include a story set up where certain benders were kidnapped by some scientist in his bid to create Artificial Benders (a set up for the third series) and the ramifications of Korra leaving the Spirit World portals open (also a set up for the third series, involving some primeval eldritch spirits and such)

Have pic related die like the rest of her sisters.

You have the issue/episode proceed like normal, but halfway through the camera pulls back to reveal all of the characters and set pieces being observed by faceless entities in white lab coats. One of them remarks that results are unsatisfactory and tells the rest to "reset back to position [number]", whereupon the episode abruptly cuts to an earlier issue/episode of that number, but things play out in a more satisfactory manner.

Oh, and have in the next Avatar series be some older entity (like a Guardian of the Spirit World or something) basically say that Wan was full of crap and have been known to tell bullshit stories.

If ya had to only work with the pre-established shit instead of reworking the whole thing completely then I could maybe understand this. But you could easily re-write the whole series to the point where it never sucked hard and spat on the original series.

Well, to be honest, all the stuff I wrote earlier was basically setting up for the third series…and some of them is just me really wanting to sink that miserable ship just so I can flip them shippers off.

LoK is simply the Ember Island Players version of what actually happened.

The Ember Island Players were actually pretty close to the truth from what I remember.

Or..it's a film version? I mean, the movies had existed during LoK…and that would've made the giant robot thing made sense (or the real events of LoK was covered up by the White Lotus, that works too)

Honestly, this is my solution to everything.

how does a non-bender abuse the avatar? Also too many comments to reply but why is Asami being a villain improve anything? More importantly how is she a villain to the avatar? The avatar isn't supposed to be a superhero fighting just about any evil doer but specifically the big dudes that throw the order of the world out of balance not fucking profiteers for non-wars.

You wanna retcon Korra you better retcon all of it like the whole series was a prophetic nightmare Aang has on his deathbed in response he holds out just a few seconds longer so he'll reincarnate as someone else.

Well, I also have this idea where for the follow up series, folks in that time look back at the time of Korra as the dark history that everyone wishes to not remember..to the point that the White Lotus Society had to go underground and the current Avatar had to work extra hard to earn the trust of the people

And like I said..just doing that to piss the shippers off.

pastebin.com/Zc5wug5A

Superman stays dead after his fight with Doomsday and they stayed that way until Flashpoint.

Also, Darkseid kills Batman rather than sending him through time with his Omega Beams. Dick then has to take the mantle of Batman and raise the future Robins, while understanding how much crap Batman had to deal with. Damien never exists and the return of Jason could be used to create an arc over the possibility of resurrecting Bruce. With the death of Bruce, the Joker fucks off forever.

That's very rude user.

go back to cuckchan and stop sucking dicks

Hold your tits it'll be done in July. I can post newer shit if you want.

What if the hateboner caused me to write a 150 page rape story in the style of and h-game at their request?

Korra haters are literally retarded and deserve to be killed

Are you the same guy spamming those threads right now?

wtf i love korra now

better than the fedora-tier korra haters

She needs a firm hand to help her turn around her shitshow of a life, she obviously can't manage it on her own.

as I said, fedoratards

Seriously though LoK should just get ignored totally. It not only moved the setting too far into the future, but it introduced garbage like Vaatu that really served to make Bryke's pet character the most important Avatar ever even though it limited the setting.

Book Two in LoK threw that out the window by making the Avatar just some boy who bonded with a God stand-in against the Devil stand-in. Now the Avatar is just a force for Judeo-Christianlike Good instead of Balance.

Since we're talking about LOK, I would remove everything after session two out of existence and rewrite the later half of session one. What would be rewritten would be Amon of course and his entire identity. NONE of that fucking RETARDED ass water tribe nonsense background.

Instead, what he said about his past the first time would be correct, but just leaving out a large middle part of how he had powers and became Amon out of the story. In the rewrite he would secretly be part of a mystic organization that delves in spiritual matters and energy manipulation, the mask of Amon is one of many that belong to disciples. The organization would be the overarching antagonist of the LOK series. In season two we could reuse some of the ideas from the show like the Spirit Portal with the organization wanting to open it to access the Spirit World as part of the plot, but NONE of that stupid personification of good and evil nonsense. THAT'S what I would do.

…Please tell me in this one his wife is still Mara Jade..

Aunt May dies. Peter and MJ stayed married. Everyone is happier.

Reddit and Memey ends in episode where world gets ruined then they run to another one.

More like Peter never marries MJ to begin with and that redhead slut doesn't come into the picture anyway.

No offense guys but all your ideas are fucking garbage too. Never consider writing again.

She was barely tolerable in the early EU, and grew progressively more unbearable with each subsequent book. Jacen/Caedus killing her was the best thing to happen in the EU for years.

Korra
-make amon an actual person blessed by the spirits
-drop the love triangle
-make it a mystery spanning the whole arc to uncover amons plans and powers instead of just waiting for him to attack
-have him use his technique in secret first to make people believe some sort of anti-bending disease is spreading around that started in the non-bending classes to sow discord
-have that asshole water guy play a bigger role, maybe as an undercover equalist in a last ditch effort to be useful now that he's powerless

.new comic called sonic the hedgehog rebooted
>theres villains other than robotnik naugus G.U.N. and not-mogul

oh and

Everything after Korra's first season never happened. Avatar: TLA was such a good show, and seeing how they managed to thoroughly fuck it up is a huge lesson in the incompetence of a lot of modern writers. It's a big ask but to write out everything about Season 2 especially would be good. They shat the bed there.

So with that gone, we re-write the ending of Season one so that Amon isn't a bender but instead genuinely has the ability to remove bending permanently without having to be a bender himself. Show that normal humans can have abilities not related to bending and actually be formidable.

Everything to do with spirits and the spirit world in Korra was terrible. They re-wrote what the avatar was and they re-wrote how the spirit world works to make both really fucking dumb. Spirits were supposed to be ominous and mysterious with their world being a place no human could hope to survive in, but then LoK turns around and portrays spirits as just wacky, zany characters straight out of Jame and the Giant Peach.
Also, Korra is the worst Avatar ever. Re-opened the spirits portals (supremely retarded idea) and managed to fuck up the entire avatar cycle forever.

If someone made a third series…please let it be full of pisstakes to Korra.

Or have it completely retcon Korra, like a villain that goes back in time to kill Korra/Asami/both of them and succeeding.

There can be no third series, that's how badly Korra shat the bed. The only way would be to completely ignore everything that happened in LoK.

Korra lost the connection to past avatars. That alone is enough to fuck the series because no sequel can have an Avatar receiving guidance from their past lives anymore, because all that's left their is dumbshit ass terrible avatar Korra, and she shouldn't be guiding fucking anyone.
Then you have to consider that Korra practically doomed humanity by opening the spirit portals. Sure they say in the series that merging both worlds is great and 'Korra's a super good avatar follow your heart girl!' but now entities like Koh the face stealer can roam the earth and kill anyone they fucking want. And they will, because as Korra has repeatedly demonstrated she can't protect SHIT.
Fuck Korra, literal worst Avatar.

Hey man, you aren't thinking. We could get a third series about the post apocalyptic hell world Korra created and the people who band together to protect what remains of humanity in the face of spooky demons without the help of an avatar.

I suggest making Amon learn spiritbending from a spirit using him for some dastardly plot. You can even make Koh play a part.

The Last Airbender had a genuine spiritually to it that LoK lacked. The sequel treated spirits in a disappointingly mundane way while failing to establish Korra as being anything close to a holy woman.

Bryke just wanted to make their Affirmative Action pet even more of a special snowflake.

I kept waiting for the reveal Asami was a villain all along, when by the end of second season it hadn't happened yet I realized I was giving too much credit to Korra and dropped that shit.

Might've been better if Hal, Barry and Ollie stayed dead too, but hey if they went that route DC would be diversity central with mantles being usurped a la nu-Marvel rather than a slightly stagnant reliving of past glory.

Oh wait they already did the shit new lanterns and nigger Wally

Wipe out the whole series of Legend of Korra entirely.
It's unfixable and flawed fundamentally. Start from scratch.

Then what?

It would be awesome if Asami revealed she was a villain playing a really long con, and the revelation utterly shattered Korra's will.

Stop trying to force a shiiet character.

I like the idea of korra and I think it could work if it was written well.

I would first start over and basically merge Asami, Bolin, and mako into one character, they are all too shallow on their own. The love triangle wouldn't exist, love triangles are never good.

Next I would take Asami's missing character and write in a woman who is kind of like her but designed to be a character to turn on the avatar. An anti zuko. She would be working with her father like Asami was but when she turns on him, it's mostly to gain more power for herself and she works right in front of the avatar, working to end her. She would be the binding between the seasons, having weird plans to defeat the avatar but never succeed in the end.

Combining most of team avatar into one person adds enough depth to have a believable character and focuses all of the love triangle crap into one character. It also allows the one dimension characters to finally have depth. Bolin existed to make jokes, mako existed to be a love interest, Asami existed to drive everyone around and have money for the party. Then to have some characters in the team, maybe toph's daughter being apart of the team to be a voice of reason yet also a no-man to Asami's Yes-an attitude towards korra. She would also actually rain in korra from time to time and punish her when she stepped too far out of line.

Also there would be the equalist movement the whole time, with a focus on each of the elements for each book and then amond or whatever his name was basically just being this master of mind games and not a bender. He takes bender's powers by convincing people they can't bend anymore.

Maybe throw in some sisters/daughters/group of asula to get revenge on what they feel is still the same avatar that ruined their former future empress's plan

The moment the Equalist come out in force, is the moment they get shitwrecked…and Korra just stands aside, but then tracks down Amon, breaks him, drags him outside the city and waves to it saying "See this? This is what I wanted to avoid. What I was holding back. I *was* a peaceful option for negotiations. But now the Earthbenders, yes you may have forgotten but all metal benders are also Earthbenders, are *flattening* the city on your friends heads. And the Water Tribes and Fire Nation are sending reinforcements. Armies."

"And there will not be any trials. None. There will be, at best, mass imprisonment for life. And Summary Executions. And every ounce of support you *ever* had will be dragged out, tooth and nail. Every. Ounce. Every shopkeeper you blackmailed, every family who sheltered your men and women, and never turned them in, every dealer who sold you weapons. From the highest to the most humble. And I will keep you alive so that you see it all come to pass. And then I will execute you myself. I am not Aang. I will not spare a dozen adversaries just to be forced to deal with their children taking up the same cause, or escaped prisoners. And nobody will stop me or say a word to defend you. Because everyone who would will be in shackles or in the grave"

Wow that's the worst idea I've ever heard

Switch Squilliam Returns and Band Geeks release dates. The two episodes are actually far more fulfilling to watch like that as opposed to the release order way.

Korra is good as a character design and the 20s setting is a neat idea. Just start from there.

Instead of whatever the fuck they thought they were doing, have the theme of the show be about what everyone assumed it would be when it was first announced: The place of the Avatar/spirituality in general in the face of rising modernity and technology. What does it mean for benders when Sokka L. Colt develops the revolver? It's pretty bizarre that they had the "Equalist" idea without actually involving the great equalizer.

The initial concept image is great and people were really excited before the show actually started. Take that as the starting point and forget everything that happened in the series.

Part of what made Book One fall flat was the failure to demonstrate enough Bender corruption.

Retcons are bullshit because you just can't fix bad writing with more bad writing.

The failure of Book One was the inclusion of the Equalists at all. They were introducing a new character, why complicate the fucking thing by making the villain morally gray? It just makes Korra look worse by throwing her into this complex dilemma without the audience getting to know her.

She needed a Zhao or early first season Zuko. A villain with simple motivations and is clearly bad.

I know everyone is talking about LoK, but the biggest issue that needs to be addressed in AtLA is the fact that Aang never killed Ozai. The events leading up to that battle all talk about it, and Aang's past lives even tell him it's his duty to do so and he has to put the world in front of himself. But instead they give a deus ex machina super energy magic that messes up everything. So instead have Aang kill him, while definitely showing him having some hesitation and inner struggle, but ulitmately takes that final step to show growth in Aang's role as the avatar

Zhao was great. Then they made him not dead but instead ghost crazy. Fuck Korra so hard man.

That's a good point. Would have been a great arc for Aang as a character but they abort it and he learns nothing.

OK, bare with me here as I try to unload this idea for a third series that I've been kicking around in my brain (and too damn lazy to write)
>Third Avatar is a skirt chasing private detective who is reluctant to use his bending ability because some traumatic childhood shit that was locked away what happened was during an Avatar state-induced rage, he leveled his hometown leaving a few survivors and his Earthbending ability at the beginning is just shooting pebble bullets
>The Spirit world being unbalanced had awoken some eldritch spirits and also awakened the Spirit of Balance aka the Guardian of the Spirit World which will be involved in the finale, restoring the connection to the past Avatars

These are some of the outlines I had in mind. Go ahead, anons…rip and tear into it so I can fix it or just used the idea for my own story instead

Eh, SpongeBob has always been very loose with continuity. It's why I feel it doesn't matter that the first movie will always be the "end"

Korra jumps at the end of book one.

Yep, that the one.

I think the reason they can't go down this path is because of the whole "can't kill/no guns'' mentality of children television.

Equalist's fighting against Bender corruption would have made for a better Book 4 instead of 1. With that they had to bring up conflicts with adult Aang in the past but instead could use evil Bender conflicts from a swapped around Book 1/2/3. And on top of it, have foreshadowing of anti-bending groups getting more and more popular with each season before finally revealing them selves (I know I'm mentioned this in a previous thread)

The third Avatar skills and backstory sound pretty interesting. While everything else seems like trying to make the best with what scraps that Korra's story left. . Maybe you need a new original threat to fight off before going into past conflict stuff?

I don't know anything about Giant Robo or keeping it 1950's esque, so I can't fairly judge that part. Always thought it Korra was to ever get a sequel, the setting would throw it another 70-80 years into the future so it would be the 2000's/modern day time period.

Can't we just have her become a stripper instead?

LMAO

I say the issue isn't the technology (after all, TLA had steam powered technology) so much as how Western it is. From the New Yorkish Republic City to the UN analgoue to Varrick 's wedding. They could have done better to keep with TLA's Far Eastern setting while jumping to the future.

I always thought it would jump to the eighties and we would get a radical Earthbending hacker as the new avatar. With the Villain being a Yakuza type who wants to unite the criminals under one banner. Have him be a cross between Buccelatti from Jojo and Majima from the Yakuza games

That looks like a noticeably smaller scale than what we got in TLA and LOK. Which admittedly might be an improvement since one of Korra's issues is how she fought at least 3 opponenets (Amon, Unalaq/Vaatu, Kuvira) who were able to throw the world off balance in too short a time.

Dude Frie Nation went from Pre-Industrial to Iron Clads near instantly.

Why? Dont like the idea of shitting on Aang for being such a bitch?

I mean think about it, both Roku and Aang let the world go to hell by not murdering the fool who starts shit.

Have Korra bring up the last woman Avatar as an example of it done right, ruthlessly, and successfully and ending well for people.

Guns required the invention of muskets. And centuries of advancement related to it.. And the only nation capable and driven to do something like that would be the Fire Nation, and they are the last ones to ever bother.

Aang was a pussy but wasn't Kiyoshi kind of notorious for being one of the most hardcore Avatars of all time? Korra could just kill Amon extra judicially and say 'that's my fucking job' when they call her on it, she doesn't need to make some massive threatening declaration to everyone in the city.

Ends up being called a "hacker" by the other characters when in reality that Avatar just goes around breaking everyone computers with rocks.
Or somehow metal bend through the wires and a primitive internet to smash someone else's computer circuity from the inside?

Aang wanted a clean conscious.

Given how widespread support was?

And besides, what I meant was that Korra reminds everyone the Avatar is there for protection and guidance. And that she was sent there, to Republic City, to broker a peaceful solution, only to have the Equalist stage a damned Revolution.

And then Korra just reminds them how that will never be tolerated and how she refuses to defend them from the oncoming storm.

Which reminds me of that surfer dude Avatar….yeah, like, three male avatars in a row were not so hot.

Holy shit am I glad you never wrote for Avatar, your Korra sounds like even more of a psychopathic cunt that she was in the actual show.

I think killing Amon extra-judicially gets that point across, the speech just sounds retarded.

You both missed the point. Especially on how its a response to Amon starting the mass violence.

Which, is, well. The entire thing that justifies the entire speech. And besides, its less about Amon, and more about his sentiments. The Civil Rights era had years of mostly peaceful protests before MLK died and niggers burnt everything to the ground.

Nobody would have given a damn had niggers went straight for burning it all down.

Both of you read that post, and missed the entire fucking point.

I get the point, I'm saying killing Amon shows that she's not gonna tolerate incitements of violence.

I would, as EIC of Marvel, put an immediate halt to all other titles and put out a single comic for one month, which contains the following:

"We are hereby firing everyone we recruited from DeviantArt and Fanfiction.net, as well as Brian Michael Bendis, whom we have blacklisted from the industry. Everything that happened in Marvel Comics in the past years after Civil War never happened, we're starting over from that exact point, and fuck you if you don't like it. To our longtime fans, we are sorry for everything we have done to alienate you in the last decade, and are now committed to bringing you the stories and characters you know and love."

on every page.

Incitements to violence are what Amon was doing before Korra got there.

Engaging in mass violence is what he *did*.

Again, letting Amon see all his work destroyed would be important. As would the warning that the Avatar will not protect people from the consequences of this nonsense.

I still fail to seee how Amon could have amassed such a following that would've helped him drown Republic City in bender blood. Aside from how short the season was there's the issue of the lack of tension betweeen benders and non-benders in TLA. You can't even bring up Benders being higher on the totem pole considering there was only one country where the rulers were benders ruling non-benders.