Army + Marine Corp vs USAF + Navy

I was considering what would happen if a (hypothetical) civil war broke out before December 19, and it seems that the conflict would be between the Army + the Marines + militias (due to Mattis and the majority of generals being on our side) against the Navy and USAF. This wouldn't be as much of a steamroll as you would think, though, as the air force and navy are capable of projecting power onto the ground (bombs and missiles)
Sorry for the shit OP, but being a shitty armchair general is my passion.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_2012_Camp_Bastion_raid
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there is literally no evidence supporting your thesis whatsoever. the us military would not be split by branch lines in a clean way, and the navy would most likely stay neutral in any US civil war scenario.

you're a faggot and you aren't a good armchair general.

Infantry still decides the outcome of wars.
Guess what the Air Force and Navy lacks, and the Army and Marines have in abundance?

Whichever one has the least shitskins would win.

Except for the SEALs who are the goodest goys in the military the Green Berets, Rangers, Infantry (Army and Marines), Delta Force, Special Forces Pilots and their support networks are overwhelmingly white.

Anyone who pitted supply corps niggers against all that would get slapped so hard they'd go hurtling into the Atlantic or Pacific.

Fairly certain that insurgent warfare requires boots on the ground if you expect to win and maintain that win, so if all/most those boots are on the side of the insurgents, then, well…

Worst thread I've seen all week, and I've seen some bad ones this week. Good job.

Neither the Air Force nor the Navy lacks infantry. What exactly do you think Seals are? Or Seabees?

The navy is gay as fuck bud

-7/10

SEALs are colloquially referred to as "frogmen" and there is loads of frog symbolism within that community. SEALs will be the striking arm of KeK, mark my words

Perhaps in the future, but SEALs these days lack the nuance and diplomacy of Green Berets, the manpower of the Rangers and the counter-terror skill level of Delta Force. They constantly fuck up any mission that isn't on water. Delta is the SAS's child whereas SEAL Team Six is essentially a SEAL popularity contest as well, so the common SEAL and the elites are still not as good as the Army's best guys on land.

U.S. Army Special Forces also have Frogmen.

What in fucking God's name did you smoke to come up with that idea that the U.S. forces (across all five major branches) would split evenly in the event of a civil war?

The U.S. Army got blacked, the Marines are… Well, they tend to side with the Navy… And the Air Force is way too complex of an organism to divy itself up. Imagine a V-22 trying to take-off from a runway with a maintenance crew that you had to question whether or not they held allegiance to your side? It would be impossible. It would be impossible to fly a single F-18 sortie if you weren't positively sure that the dudes on the ground wanted that bird back on the ground. And, as a pilot, how the fuck do you think your ground crew is going to receive you if you disobey a lawful (however questionable that truly gets in the event of a civil war) order?

No, the BLM riots in Charlotte were actually a great example of what the initial stages look like. You see National Guard who are ill equipped to handle actual combatants set up at shitty intervals with their rifles unloaded and half of them of mixed shitskin origin. The military, as a whole, would initially attempt to stay the fuck out of any civil war for as long as they could. In the meantime, law enforcement would effectively draw up lines as to which laws they were enforcing. If they allied with whatever split-seam government is in place, then you can expect they'll be fighting anyone who's opposing that.

In the event of a civil war, if the federal government loses control of a region, you should expect that the military would have to remain mostly intact because it will ALWAYS take option C – (break in case of emergency) military junta. A military junta would buy a limited peace and give them supreme authority while they try to stitch together whatever the fuck is left over after shitskins start niggering out and us white folks start DOTRing. The resulting government would not be any closer aligned to us than it was before. If anything, it would be stricter. And because the country would be highly destabilized, professional military servicemembers would be highly incentivized to stay in active service so they can keep their families safe.

No, the military is not on our side, de facto, in the event of a civil war. Not for us, not necessarily outright against us. Their job is to maintain their central locus of power – which requires all their many hands and fingers fully intact for as long as possible. You can bet that the first group to cross that line and attack military targets (get caught attacking military targets) will invariably get to see precisely what the military can accomplish.

There will be no divided military. If it gets there, the majority of the technological advantages of the military are lost and we're reduced very quickly to 1960s conventional/unconventional assymetric warfare. I'd like to make a little prediction: it will never be allowed to get that far. Fuck it, let's go in and have a look.
What scenario would need to take place for a formal civil war to erupt?
Scenario A: formal declaration of secession. If so, the military will now have authority to act in a limited fashion. No nukes but it's now a conventional war. Even with people who are from those areas or may be inclined to sympathize will quickly find out that Uncle Sam issues the orders and the paychecks or the brig time. There have been multiple previous anons who went into wargame details and they came out with slightly different answers than me. Nothing bad about that.
Scenario B: Isolated, assymetric warfare from urban centers stemming from leftist parties. Military is not authorized to intervene but the National Guard may. If rural populations decide to take matters into their own hands, it will be left in the immediate jurisdiction of the locality it is based in. So, if rural Louisianians decide to lynch a bunch of Middle Eastern immigrants (or Sikhs or Indians, because they really can't tell the difference), the local and state police will be in charge of investigating. If they determine they don't want to get into it, they won't. If they do, they will. If fights start because of it, they will call for backup up to the National Guard. If the National Guard can't handle it… I honestly think they'll hire private security contractors before bringing in DoD. But my guess is that, depending upon the scope and location, it would never come to that.
By all means, let's spitball Scenario C-Z but there is no fucking evidence that the military would ever be split based upon military branch lines. There's no teeth in that argument and it sounds like it came from a 12-year-old LARPer. But, by all means, make your argument.

The OP was retarded, but it doesn't mean you have to be retarded so you can write your racial delusions (fanfic) here.

The only good part of your post was the military has to be united and ready (within US soil) to break up among the population in case of an emergency.

Anything more is just white trash bluepills that don't have any foundation in reality. I thought you were going good when you mentioned the incident with BLM protestors, but rather than writing about what protocol they use, you rambled about race.

What followed next was a sane normie explanation of how the military acts; the moment you went on to speak about different scenarios, you had to talk about how people would side depending on race… on a war… inside the most powerful nation in the world.

I glad I'm among the majority of people NOT raised in trailers, god knows the mental effects of getting molested/raped by uncle Cletus.

No shit lad, they are an amphibious detonations and infiltrations unit first and foremost, the black ops "we wuz 007 and shiet" comes second.
technically the bin laden raid was an "infiltration" that's why they were on it.

Fuck off Schlomo, don't you have more "Gayness is inherently white!" articles to write for your local Alt-Right™ media outlet?

As for the actual Bin Laden it's questionable that Bin Laden was even alive in 2002, let alone 2011. Secondly on-water they are second to none. No one boards ships, occupies them, sabotages enemy ships, etc better than them. That's their bread & butter. Their mistake is to try and act like CIA hitmen in the Afghani mountains. They should have stayed in their lane, but instead they couldn't help but beg for a piece of the counter-terror pie and a lot of innocent hostages have died because of their hubris. I don't know any other "elite" counter-terror units that throw grenades into rooms with hostages except SEALs. Only thing SEAL Team Six does right is Executive Protection and HAHO jumping with very precise landings.

You should check out "Relentless Strike" to get a good picture of what American SOF has been up to the past 35 years and how they've evolved.

Technically anyone trained in Underwater Ops is considered a Frogman. Secondly the SEALS do not "constantly fuck up," You're stupid.

It's not that they "fuck-up" as much as it's they got assigned to things that are totally outside their lane.

nytimes.com/2015/12/17/world/asia/navy-seal-team-2-afghanistan-beating-death.html?_r=0

Check this out, this happens all the time when a SEAL unit gets rotated into a place where Green Beans were before they came.

Infantry is outdated and irrelevent with air.

OPEN UP CITIZEN
YOU BETTER NOT HAVE ANY UNAUTHORIZED LITERATURE IN THERE

mate, i served in the marines, this shit happens all the time, and generally just isn't talked about, because nobody fucking cares about hajj.

I remember my unit had a meeting with the Regimental SgtMaj, after a deployment where we debriefed. We got onto the topic of ethics and those snipers who pissed on those dead Taliban. He asked

5 Corporals raised their hands, all admin and shit like that out of a room of probably 100 NCOs.

Giggling he goes
About half raised their hands

Roughly the other half

95% of hands went up

Proofs in the pudding mane. I personally know of a Brit Sgt who summarily executed 3 Taliban in the middle of the desert cus he didn't have room for them in the Helo to take them in.

I've said this before, but I'd wager that the majority of the US military would support whoever keeps them paid.

Its true, as much as I like you Holla Forums I like my benefits more. Pls don't hate me.

Mercenies are the easiest to kill and the first to run away. Which branch are you in?

lol

thats SOP for spetsnaz.

you dont need to patrol shit to bomb it and kill everyone

All those units have their own specific mission sets; they are all tools in the tool box. Green Berets are designated FID. Rangers are light-infantry special operations capable whose primary mission is to assault and secure airfields. Delta is primarily CT and SEAL team six was created with the idea of being the maritime version of Delta. Regular SEAL teams are designated with special recon and water-borne direct action, and work in much smaller teams than a unit like rangers. Obviously every special unit can handle a variety of assignments outside of their primary parameters as these needs arise. I was merely shitposting about frogs, seals and kek. You're an idiot for shilling for the Army. They're the most pozzed branch by far with the most retards, shitskins and niggers, and the leadership pushed those two cunts through Ranger school.

almost every nation that devolves into a civil war does so either on ideological ethnic cultural or religious line you starbucks coffee drinking tumbler posting twat

I think it's kind of silly to imagine a situation where the branches of the military face off against each other. It's much more likely that all branches would have some number of defectors that would run off with equipment and vehicles.

But to answer your question, most likely the Army, Marines, and Militias. First off, the mainland USAF bases would be overrun within short order. Secondly, other than the nuclear fuel rods that power the carriers and subs (maybe a few other ships as well) the navy and air force most likely require a shit ton of fuel to move around and deploy fighters and bombers. If the infantry units seize all land based assets, the navy and air force would basically depend upon foreign governments to prop them up. Alternatively they could bomb the shit out of the storehouses and refineries, killing the infantry holding them, as well as destroying all of the supplies they needed as well.

Unless some other state actors were actively assisting the navy and air force, I think they would be limited to nuclear strikes within a month.

Speaking of nukes, what do you think would be more acceptable to the general population of the US? The navy nuking the mainland US killing millions of citizens, or the army nuking a carrier group hundreds of miles off shore? Also, who has better anti-missile systems? The mainland US (who probably has all kinds of that shit left over from the cold war) or the carrier groups?

So to sum it up: Assuming it went nuclear, the only thing the navy would have left would be it's subs. Assuming it didn't, they would run out of food and fuel for at least their air assets, and possibly their support ships in short order. With or without nukes, the USAF wouldn't control any mainland bases, and would be limited to long range bombers deployed from abroad. Many of their bombers would be shot down if they tried hitting anything other than coastal states. Even assuming they weren't shot down, they would run out of fuel quite quickly as well unless propped up by somebody else. The only way the navy and air force would have a chance would be if things didn't go nuclear and they were assisted by the Russians or something.

You are correct. The military would not split based on branch. Read about the Goldwater-Nichols act.

You are a shitty armchair general. Read up on how the DoD actually works.

SLIDE THREAD
>>>/k/
>>>/k/
>>>/k/

thats basically what it would come down to. But there is a high likelihood that the majority of the pogs mos's in the army and Marines would side with the establishment. But the bulk of what their job is is force projection of logistics.. In the scenario that OP describes there would be no need to account for, assemble and transport ammo and food across the globe. So really losing the logistics side of the army and Marines wouldnt be of that much consequence.

I also dont believe the Air Force will be much of a problem, all the actual combat support jobs.. the pilots and such.. tend to be conservative. I know a couple of airforce faggots and as pozzed as the airforce is they all supported Trump and have woken up quite a bit.

The navy is the main problem. I was a Corpsman for a couple of years, and as soon as I got out of training I volunteered my ass off to go with the Marines because of how absolutely pozzed much of the navy itself is. But even that being said.. your seabees, your SEALs, your master at arms's… fuck your boatswains mates that are trained to do ship boarding with the MA's. They are all conservative. So the navys own ground war and security forces will likely mutiny against them. And Id imagine that Duerte has had quite an impact on the filipino mafia within the Navy's ranks.

Basically (((they))) would have a tech advantage, but it would be quickly negated by everything they would be lacking in.

They know this. That is why they are trying do direct manufactured outrage toward russia, although that plan doesnt seem to be working either because the only ones falling for it are the same cucks and marxists who have already become irrelevant.

you assume that there arent subcultures within the military. Im not saying one way or the other, but to say definitively that, for instance, the 2nd, 6th, and 8th (and by extent the 9th) Marine Regiments wouldnt break ranks even if the entire support element of the 2nd Marine Division remained loyalist is a fallacy.

also, as far as the police siding with the establishment. I got two points for that:

1) Police across the nation have been protesting ever since the BLM shit started by participating in a work slowdown. The amount of traffic stops performed and non-essential laws enforced over the past 6 months is a mere fraction of the year prior.

2) If they did side with the establishment against a rebellion, their families would be extremely high on the list of targets to harass. They wouldnt remain showing up for duty very long after their families being targets became a reality for them.

This has all been wargamed to death.

Then go play Starcraft, faggot.

I suspect that the military has records of who is good goy or not in their ranks, and in the event of a civil war or whatever they will immediately crack down on these potentially disloyal individuals.

They only side against the establishment for now because the establishment has been explicitly anti-LE. Obongo basically said it's okay for niggers to murder cops because they're racist.

yes. And you think they would idly forget that just because the establishment says the rebellion of people whom they agree with must be put down? Police overwhelmingly fell into our fold and voted Trump because they are sick of the shit. (((them))) aligning against the police in favor of their nigger golem was but one of many of the catastrophic follies they have committed over the past year.

Look again at the fake news/evil russian narrative they are pushing. It is already falling apart, only marxists and cucks believe it and everyone else… once it completely falls apart… will be forever and unendingly distrustful of anything the government or media has to say. So then how exactly are they going to get these good people to support their side of a civil war? They fucking cant.

The upcoming war, whether it turns kinetic or not, has already been won for those who would stand against their evil.

If you had politicians that supported LE while still destroying the American people, as has been the case for most of the last 50 years, then they will support that president. They supported Reagan and Bush, too, both who furthered the destruction of American people.

most of the people who have woken up to what is going on and come to our side also supported bush at one point or another.

Who are these politicians that they would follow? Onigger? Reid? Ryan? All the politicians that would play such games trying to gain the support of the police to side with them after thoroughly shitting on both them and their country have already shot their load.

If they cant even get the people to embrace their new fear mongering about le ebil russians how the fuck are they going to accomplish any of what you suggest?

Your thought pattern is reddit tier.

The U.S. Navy is more powerful than all other navies of the world combined, in a SHTF scenario, the Navy alone decides what gets into this continent by sea.

Any kind of EOD job. EOD is always in demand and you will have extremely high paying job offers after you get out. Navy EOD and Air Force special forces EOD are good choices. When you get a level 3 certification you will be getting hounded for work. Level 2 isn't too shabby either, but you need a lot of hours to get up to level 3.

To late I ate u

i guarantee its a pog job

IM ONLY SCARED OF AMERICA'S NAVY AND MARINES.

You forgot the most powerful branch.
The US Coast Guard

wew laddie

You just made the thread 10x better.

Raiders just blew up your ports and snapped your supply routes by taking out a fuckin bridge.

Please Roll 20d for saving

Raiders were starving took your supply depot

Your food stores on your carrier are now depleted

Please Roll 100d (must get a 1 to cheat death)

It would likely go back to Army-Air corps while the swimmers would have to make due sticking to the coasts and treading water as the air-land force beats the fuck out of them.

kek

you sound redpilled

>>>/k/
I don't really want you there, but at least it would be relevant and your ideas would be equally shit upon

AF cadet here, I can confirm that although we do have a disproportionate number of nonwhites here (a lot get in through the comparatively-easy ROTC program and find diversity positions), most of the officers and people who Get Shit Done are white. I guarantee you Trump will get the almost-total support of the Air Force for his willingness to speak out about the F-35 and almost-certain purge of Deborah Lee James.

I've got a buddy in the National Guard, and he was telling our group about how shit US Infantry tactics are in a non-urban environment. There's a reason why we haven't managed to wipe out a bunch of inbred hut-dwellers armed with Kalashnikov knockoffs who have probably never even seen a plane before. Our tactics are designed to minimize casualties in the short-term. They rely on three facts: 1) We're not running out of ammo anytime soon. 2) We're not running out of men anytime soon. 3) We have infinitely superior airpower.

I'm not going to go into detail, but basically, all it would take to disable a platoon is 1-3 good ol' boys who are good shots with a hunting rifle.

IMO the well-entrenched "militia", i.e., veterans, patriots, off-duty and retired police, etc. holding those 300 million firearms, otherwise known as Trump-voter bitter clingers are the ultimate force who will determine the outcome. Active duty will never turn their firepower inward because we're all on the same team.

Lets take your extremely stupid theoretical situation and think for a moment.

Civil war on a continent where none of the people need to cross any oceans to get to where they are needed. Navy is thus immediately reduced to absolutely useless.

The airforce would likely score a higher KDA than the combined army.marine-core/militias; but they cannot hold any area. What's more they will get whittled down by anti-air weapons. Its also a lot more difficult to replace planes/helicopters than it is some pleb with a gun and a bomb.

The 'loyalist' land based forces need only take out or at least control the factories. Whilst any large scale unit would be easily taken out by airforce; they are not going to be able to stop a few people sneaking through with bombs. Once their airfields/factories are taken out, they can no longer operate.

The airforce and navy alone cannot hold anything. They can blow shit up from afar but that's about it, and that is not how you win a civil war. You can't realistically bomb your own citizens into submission, and any attempts to do so will create paramilitary forces who again need only to blow up a few airfields/factories to completely fuck their ability to operate.

Its not at all a realistic civil war scenario, but if OP's war did take place it would be an easy win for the Army+Marines.

The US Navy's plan in the event of a civil war is to not take part and instead simply keep America safe from invasion should any foreign power decide to try to use it as a chance to attack.

Better question: 1000 marines vs a stick

No. Only those that carry a combat diver rating.

Worked swimmingly in Iraq, didn't it then…

What type of stick are we talking about? Like a piece of birch or driftwood? You may be onto something.

For modern US infantry in a rural environment, all you would need to do is make the operation costly enough for them to give up. Take a company-sized element and they'll split up into platoons and so forth as they try to move through a town. Force them to consolidate/use close air support. Make them use up their ammunition by probing the perimeter but never committing. If, after several days, they're making no progress, they'll either decide to a.) turn their camp into an outpost and conduct patrols or b.) leave. If they turn it into an outpost, they then need resupply. Unless that's by air, the resupply convoy is always the tastiest treat and will almost always follow major route lines to get to its destination. Why get caught up in needless bloodshed when you can just eat their food, take their ammo, and keep their shit?

We're all missing out. These guys are obviously the most elite troops.
Why aren't we taking a closer look at the Coast Guard?

Pretty sure the grunts and jarheads could wipe the floor with the chair force and the gayvy.

Seabees are combat construction workers, you retarded fuck. Go shill elsewhere.

Also, friendly reminder that the Germans and Japs both hated the U.S. Coast Guard during WW2.

Navy lacks infantry because the Marines are gonna side with the Army. SEALs aren't as good as Army Special Forces on land, so unless we're fighting the Civil War on water, the Army wins again.

Seabees are combat engineers and construction workers too retard. They build shacks.

Best looking helicopters too. The Dolphins are so aesthetic.

Works for the soviets
:^)

stopped reading there. Go get your foam sword and stick to larping, friendophile.

Retard it's the
Public Health Service

I'm not saying the whole spic-laden corps is gonna side with the Army, or the Marine pilots. But the 311's are gonna go with the Rebs.

I wish you knew how fucking stupid you sound. Youre all weeb faggots that know nothing about warfare. just shut the fuck up.

is this bait?

I was Navy. Implying the Navy would side with that Muslim Nigger over Trump is an insult.

I was Navy too. I don't know when you were in, but I was hearing stories all through my enlistment about Chiefs, Senior Chiefs, Master Chiefs, older Admirals and Commanders, basically anyone they could get for any reason being forced out and replaced. It may not be the way you think it is.

you also have to think of the ones in the military first off wont fight aginst american civ ,some are gang members from street gangs to wp gangs,some are mexicans that joined for citicenship some may be a militioa memeber or not want to attack there homeland there "supposed" to attack inna fictional situation i doubt it would happen it would be the opposite

remember OP we have alotta guns per cap it would be a suicide mission unless they hit every major gun owner "they know " of almost at once

Just saying.

Any civil war scenario won't be so clean and has only one outcome.

The total collapse of the USA and its dissolution.

Don't generalize us, need I remind you most /k/ users have a waifu of some kind, whether it be a raifu or a chinese paper cartoon girl with big boobies.

Lol at relying on the chair force for anything.

Army fag here,

CAS wins battles just as artillery did before that and cavalry did before that. Combined arms of all three is necessary to completely overwhelm your enemy.

Look at the Syrian Army before and after Russian organization and Air support. I think that the Air force needs to be a strictly strategic asset and give all tactical aircraft solely under the branch that is engaging in operation on the ground which equals less moving pieces.

You are an idiot if you think that a fancy scope and knowing how to live inna woods will win a war. You need a trained force capable of combined arms with a logistics system to keep every thing working.

Look at the Mexican American War when we ass raped mexico and took 55% of their territory.

It could probably even be done with a 22. A well placed rimfire can still get the job done. Wouldn't want it for an all out firefight though. The question is, what's more work for a modern army, a wounded body or a dead body?

Exactly. That works both ways though, Syrian army was somewhat struggling before getting that upgraded air support.

That's only if you're planning to wage an all out war though. Good aim in the woods can still do some damage to supply lines and logistics through hit and run attacks.

then i guess most /k/ users are faggots

If the taleban can do it: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_2012_Camp_Bastion_raid

Imagine what individuals can do that have higher IQ, can speak the same language as the enemy, and know the terrain well.

This.

The US military and population currently has the most combat effective and experienced infantry and ex-grunts on the planet. They don't lose because they are shit. They lose like every other western military loses: because of restrictive ROEs, pussy mass media that influence politicians and careerist Generals, and a bunch of Jews and deep state actors that funnel money and training to our enemies. If you unleashed the JSOC task forces and Marines onto lawyers, journalists, Jews, and elites we'd take over the planet again easily.

AF cadets are the most laughably civilian of anyone I met in the military (doesn't mean you are, just beware.) I remember one negress sent out for whatever you call your summer training had been in 2 or 3 years and had somehow never even fired live ammunition.

underrated