Was he right?

Was he right?

Fuck off Una-poster.

you should really read his work. he has some interesting ideas.

I had respect for the guy till I read PDF related and realized he was just fucking insane. I'd assumed he had some romantic vision of life in prehistory but it turns out that he was completely aware of the shitty aspects of hunter gatherer life.

He has a big section in the book in which he systematically disproves every single thing that you can imagine was positive about life as a hunter gatherer. And yet he wants to regress to it. I mean what the fuck

Lol

Of course he did, he was a very intelligent man.

You'd think that leftists, who are constant victims of reactionary disinfo and propaganda, would know better than anyone how wrong it is to make assumptions and jump to conclusions about radically critical ideas.

wouldnt he be crazier if he had a romantic vision of hunter-gatherers?

he just thinks that people thrive better in a hunter-gatherer system–even if it is more brutal.

Read page 126 to 190 of that book. I simply cannot understand the reason he wants to trade in the comforts of technology for a life with war, hard labor, starvation, dominance, and fear which HE HIMSELF ADMITS.

Did you read the whole book? He talks at length about everything he sees wrong with technology and industrial society.

The Internet itself has more possibilities for mankind than shitting in fields so I'm going to have to come to the conclusion this guy was a dumbass

I did. But I can't agree with him that the alternative is anything but slightly preferable, if that.

No. No he was not.

That being said. I would recommend everyone here read his manifesto and footnotes.,While it should obviously be read critically, there are rather interesting points and methods of analysis used.

He wrote interesting if batshit stuff about modern technology and disproved a bunch of myths about primitive communism being good. Interesting but ultimately wrong.

Ted K was a hero and a liberator.

Because the technology and modern comforts are destroying us. We've been made weak.

What he desires was a realistic life and society and not a communist uthopia or fantasy where everything is nice and pretty and perfect cause thats idealistic as fuck.

Thats fine.

With the coming era of incredible inequality, global climate disasters and eventual mass starvation and death, you'll WISH you were living in primitive tribes on an abundant, pristine Earth.

Not even wrong. One of the things that gets me about those who unironically defend capitalism is they usually at some point come back to 'somebody is going to take my stuff'. The irony is, if we continue as we are going, the idea of private ownership of anything more meaningful than the clothes on your back will be a distant memory. As more and more shit is concentrated in fewer and fewer hands, while more and more people fall into the 'have-nots' category, things like a house and a car will no longer be realistic for the vast majority of the planet. The ultimate direction is rebalancing. That is to say we'll all (aside the elite) be brought globally to the same over of poverty.

Personally I'd call attempting to return to pre-civ pretty fucking idealistic, in the sense that it completely disregards the material conditions that led to the creation of civilsation in the first place.

What about post-civ?

Depends what you mean by "post-civ", most times I've seen the term used it seems to refer to some kind of madmax/fallout fantasy that I think would be unable to reproduce itself. A global scale non-industrial society would struggle to feed itself (let alone live a pleasant existance) and groups of people within that society would either return to civ/industry voluntarily, or enslave others in order to exploit them.
Any return to (more) primitive conditions will give rise to the same forces that lead to the emergence of civilisation and industry.