Apparently the Venezuela president has recently been looking to a spanish marxian economist by the name of Alfredo...

Apparently the Venezuela president has recently been looking to a spanish marxian economist by the name of Alfredo Serrano. Anyone know who this guy is? Found out about this through the wall street journal. I'll post the article here as well. You also have to translate it because WSJ wants the subscription fees on the english version.

Other urls found in this thread:

lat.wsj.com/articles/SB10567924150949054683404582237960849807218?tesla=y
venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/11992
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Source: lat.wsj.com/articles/SB10567924150949054683404582237960849807218?tesla=y

ARCHIVE YOUR LINKS NEXT TIME COMRADE
+ The guy have the zizkian beard he is fine

Chavez guy was a marxian economist and he did pretty well. There was an article saying that many of the shitty decisions came from pro-market guys from within the party, so I imagine it would be pretty interesting to see what the spaniard would do.

Can you link to that article?

>venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/11992
Here, have fun.

maduro will probably get rid of serrano when he finds that serrano can't help him on his task of stealing shit efficiently

le wild leftcom appears

Bolivarianism needs mercy killing.

What.

How is it different from state?

They never learn, do they?

OK I see a lot of things about inflation ie monopoly money variables that don't exist, but how will this effect agricultural yields and industrial output?

Will there be more food grown, more medicine produced, more toilet paper, tools and clothing? Or are they still bound to mysterious entity of the free market gods?

Oh wait, it turns out yes, their economy will remain spooky as fuck:

OK to be fair, a seed shortage is a REAL material concern to limit agricultural output and I hope this is the actual reason, not arbitrary price controls.

God what I don't understand is why the government doesn't just take the seeds and give them to a bunch of communes and communities to grow. If the problem is that no one is willing to grow the food for a profit thanks to price controls just have people grow their own damn food!

Or they could just collectivise the farms, grow the food to lower grain prices further. Oh grain will be too cheap you say and nobody could possibly want that much grain and this will only end up as waste? Then either grow other foods like fruit, or consumer orientated goods like cotton, coffee, cocoa etc or even better use the grain as animal feed to produce cheap nutritious dairy and encourage the consumption of dairy (as it's the most energy efficient source of complete protein that isn't insect based) and distribute the product as either long shelf-life cheese or milk and recycle bi-products like whey as affordable consumer protein (in the UK I find chicken breast 4 times as expensive as whey protein per gram of protein) or animal feed to lower the price of prohibitively expensive meat.

I think this is a good time for Venezuela to make a progressive step and go full vegan, while literally starving the meatcucks.

Marxists still exist?

In the US even we subsidize grain production and then have the government act as a buyer of last resort.

Fine article overall, but the guy really doesn't explain how the pro-maket people made things worse.

The shortgage of seeds is entirely caused by the government's strict currency controls. Strict currency controls and price controls are basicaly the cause of Venezuela's economic problems.

is this the first time that you've heard of the venezuelan government?