Bugs Bunny is black

wew

I got as far as
I think that's enough internet bullshit for today.

next-level kangzposting

If anything, he's Italian American.

Mammy!

So black. :^)

t. Italian-American.

Actually, I could totally believe Bugs is black. He's basically Br'er Rabbit. He's obnoxious, dishonest, cowardly, and always causing trouble.

He's not, though. Rule #1 of Bugs Bunny is that he has to be provoked. He's always responding to a threat, but has fun with it. Chuck Jones was explicit about that. Skip to 5:25 here.

I'll admit I skimmed through this, but I did not once see this retard explain HOW any of these non-human characters are black beyond "I just knew" and "black people watch cartoons so they cartoons they watch are black".
This is the dumbest shit

Black ego. If it's cool it must be black, because no one's as cool as black people.

We wuz wabbits!

We wuz namekians!
We wuz sponges!
We wuz plumbers!

This is some next level fan-fiction right here.

Nice one, also Bugs has traits from a lot of human races so he is just an humanization a lot of people can project themselves into, returning to Piccolo yeah, he is supposed to fill the role of aBlack guy in DB but since japanese find Blacks to ugly and scary ( is not like there isnt actual black people in DB) they put the Green Alien instead, who has a more pleasant face.

AYO HOL UP

There's a cartoon of Bugs messing with a nigger. Part of the Censored Eleven

This has got to be an elaborate shitpost.

The what now?

There's a surprising number of non-black characters that have black voice actors and you could legit write about that. That article is just non-sense.

THAT'S BIG MAMA LUIGI TO YOU, MARIO

That article was actually a lot less cancer than I thought it would be. Near the end the writer does admit that they know the characters aren't actually supposed to be black, but just likes thinking that.

Basically it's just that blacks wanted to see black people in cartoons for role models, but since almost every cartoon uses white people, they could only have black role models by characterizing non-human characters.

I can sympathize with his problem, but I'm also aware that looking to the mainstream for representation is a waste of time. It's flavorless gruel for the masses.

What utter nonsense. There are plenty of black characters in cartoons, and plenty of black cartoons. This is really no better than the 'All your faves are trans' nonsense that also not-so-coincidentally comes out of Tumblr

They're fucking anthro animals. WTF is even happening anymore?!

He wouldn't have been in the show if that were the case.

Either the author is incredibly delusional or the article's a ruse and he put that bit in as a wink-wink.

Joke tells itself
By those traits, Piccolo might as well be an original hong kong, a native american, a samoan, a future french, a palestinian
Come on now

You took a Million year old robotic being from the stars that can freely change form and makes a stand for the rights of any being that has sentience, up to and including hurting others of his people and reduced him down to being 'black'…

I actually remember eves dropping on a conversation in my painting class. This girl that that white people go through the same trouble with police that's blacks supposedly face here in the US. She said cops will harass white people and that that was a good thing because it "makes people see what black people go through." Meanwhile, she also says that japs love black people and their "culture."

AYO HOL' UP DOC

I'm pretty sure it's satire.

Why do so many black Americans identify so much with their race that they can't fucking possibly identify with a character unless they're black, even if they're a goddamn cartoon rabbit?
Race is all they ever talk about. Have you ever been in a room with your average bunch of black Americans? They bring up race constantly. Constantly. I have a theory that they think whites are so racist because they assume we talk about race as much as they do.

I think we know who the real black one is.

There were looney tunes shorts that were deemed too insensitive and they weren't syndicated. There are eleven of them. You can see them on YT

11 cartoons from the Golden Era of Looney tunes that have multiple racist depictions. As you can tell, contemporary audiences find these depictions as insensitive at best. While this is definitely the case, since when has racist humor ever really been off the table? Bob Clampett said it best

I suggest you check them out for yourselves. They are a great watch if for no other reason than historic value.

2. Sunday Go to Meetin' Time
3. Clean Pastures
4. Uncle Tom's Bungalow
5. Jungle Jitters
6. The Isle of Pingo Pongo
7. All This and Rabbit Stew
8. Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs
9. Tin Pan Alley Cats
10. Angel Puss
11. Goldilocks and the Jivin' Bears

I knew they existed I just didn't know they had a name and a defined number.

Thanks for the list and interesting story.
That's just a case of normal people making fun of themselves and appreciating humor in good spirit… Only a special snowflake with a feeling of entitlement and moral superiority would call for jokes to be banned.

You forgot "turns into a huge violent ape sometimes."

Sometimes you do not see what is right in front of you.

This kind of projection is true about a lot of things.

keep dreaming nigger loving scum
Also

How the fuck is Luigi black? You can have all kind headcannons about the race of non human characters (or characters that are basically humans with non human skin colors like Bob) but Luigi is blatantly a cartoon human. He could be Italian (American) or maybe asian since he was created by a Japanese man or some nonspecific white ethnicity but there is no way in hell that anyone with a non diseased mind could think that he is black.

Those crazy black people. Always blacking up.

He was hispanic that one time.

How long until the author of the article is called a race traitor/racist for identifying with a character that used to do blackface?

It's Vice, isn't it? Yup, it's Vice.

Wow, I've never seen a pic ruined so clearly by one thing
What is with those tumblr/hipster shaved sides?
Space Jam is from the fuckin 90's

Well his dad did release every criminal

Are they color blind? Bugs Bunny is clearly grey, not black.

this is the lamest attempt at clickbait I've ever seen. they should've started off with a picture of tits. then they would have my attention.

But user, that would actually be a good article. Also it sounds like research and that's hard work.

An interesting note, the shot of piles of tires, sugar, and coffee are there to show how much a cunt the queen is. As those were major things rationed during WWII and having a stockpile of those was a no no.

Well technically she does have that hair style. It's just that she's a rabbit so the fact she has buzzed sides isn't as apparent.

Actually to be more specific she shouldn't even have a ponytail in the human pic as her "ponytail" is her ears. So it should look more like a Hitler Youth haircut or a Pompadour.

… Is this a fucking joke?

I wanna fuck that /cuteboy/

Mamma mia

Piccolo is green and the rest are animals.

Sounds like a Game Theory video.

knowing edge theory she was raped

I had this on VHS as a kid and I'm pretty sure I remember Bugs Bunny having brown fur in that episode. Maybe the YouTube video has skewed colors or maybe he had brown fur in another episode from the same VHS cassette.

He wants shekels more than he wants to be edgy

That's clearly just for simplification, it's not like she has actual hair anyway, it's colored fur

if we take the desgin so literally, why not give the human lola huge ears, big feet and stubble around the mouth too

Are you sure it wasn't a Brer Rabbit thing?

The author is an SJW troll. She admitted on Twitter she only writes this to get a rise out of white male readers.

Oh hey tyrone, you can be player two if you want