Why are boys not buying the new Star Wars toys?

Why are boys not buying the new Star Wars toys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4hNAji3lIGE?t=19m27s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Order_(Nazism),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eventually, people will realize they're being fucked and not liking it.

Toxic masculinity, misogyny & racism

because they grew out of reddit, apparently

space has and always will be of interest to white people and Asians, I suppose. Little kids don't want to play with toys that look like the guy that just robbed daddy at the gas station. Moreover, niggers don't care about space opera because no one dunks or raps in it.

Wew
Well that went better than expected..

Looks like even the normies can't stomach (((Disney's))) nuWars

youtu.be/4hNAji3lIGE?t=19m27s

who is Roy's father?

Cause contrary to Jewish expectations, people aren't made of money.

The toys are God-awful and lazy. One of the items I saw at a Toys R Us was a captain phasma costume. It was $2.98 on clearance. There was also a stupid 'box' game thing that was like $2 for Star Wars. The Rey figures were stacked high and cheap. All the Rogue One shit wasn't moving and the 'build a lightsaber' garbage was on clearance.

Kathleen Kennedy is a fucking moron. Rey toys will never sell and nobody wants to be Finn. Kylo Ren is a big pussy and kids prefer Darth Vader. Stormtroopers sell okay. The shit that moves is the classic stuff.

They alienated the autistic white guys who used to escape into Star Wars to get away from the pozzed BS they see at work. Women only give a shit about Star Wars because their sons or husbands like it. Girls don't like Star Wars the way boys do, so choosing to extol girls was fucking stupid.

literally this, we need more more classes teaching tolerance, transrights and white guilt on elementary and middle school.

The merchandise during the prequel times was great. Ever play attacktics? Those things were fun. I still have mine.

Which one of these would you buy?

General Grievous.

The 2nd one

What a disgusting, racist, sexist, transphobic display of toxic white male masculinity and privilege.

I, for one, applaud Disney for turning Star Wars from an intolerant white male power fantasy into a proud display of diversity and female strength.

Shame on you for proliferating this hate.

Maul or Dooku

Lucas was a little boy at heart so he understood cool toys. Every toy or item was designed with care and to appeal to little boys. JJ Abrams is a lazy kike so he just painted TIE fighters black and red. The new Star Destroyer is just the old one with no tower. It looks worse. The new TIE fighter from Rogue One is the worst thing I've ever seen.

The big item they pushed for episode VII was Kylo Ren's shuttle. Who the fuck would care about that? If you had a Darth Vader action figure, what toy would you want it in? Right, his TIE fighter. You wouldn't want a lamda class shuttle.

Nobody involved in Star Wars understands little boys anymore, or what they would want to play with. My wife's son wants the white guy with a cape from Rogue One so he can line him up with the black stomtroopers. He doesn't give a shit about anything else.

Kids today don't play with toys. They have smartphones.

I really wish Grievous in the movies was even half as cool as he looks. I like to just pretend the clone wars cartoon version is the only version.

I can sort of understand the boys wanting cool figures like Luke of Vader instead of Rey or Finn but Captain Phasma I thought would've sold well. She doesn't get much screentime but she doesn't reveal the ugly mug so to kids in a toy store she's just a cool chrome stormtrooper.

Why was the build-a-lightsaber such a bad move? I've seen people bring it up time and time again as why Kathleen Kennedy is out of touch but seems like a solid idea to me. Children love lightsabers and basically anything they can hit their friends and siblings with. Manchildren buy those light up made for duelling ones. What's the deal?

Didn't really think of this, but most kids must have smartphones or tablets from 4-5 upwards, kinda makes toys pretty defunct.

Not even two years and it's already starting to fall apart.

Grevious from Genndy’s Clone Wars, right?

I actually knew one girl who liked Star Wars but she was autistic on a level that makes Chrischan seem like a chad.

Fuck you, user. I actually, literally forgot about the 3d cartoon until just now.

People like the original lightsaber design or Maul's one at best, no one wants those retarded formats they're pushing.

Because it's a girl. A normal six year old boy doesn't want to pretend to be a girl. They have no interest in it.

For the same reason you don't see boys clamoring to design 'wacky' swords - swords have an aesthetic that kids want. A sword with weird handles and jutting angles is stupid. Kids want to use a blue lightsaber, a green one, or a red one.

Honest question: Are you a grill?

Was she a qt tho?

Phasma's only action in the film is being a coward and allowing all her people to be killed. Why would anyone want a toy of that dyke?

Because she is a strong independent womyn storm trooper of course.

HEIL HITLER

Very nice

I disagree with the youtuber. Star Wars as a brand is not dying, it's just on the wrong hands. When Star Wars belonged to Lucas, the movies were aimed at everyone and the children especially. These days? It's aimed at those who have heard of Star Wars, like the fake geeks who wear a [pop culture reference] shirt, add a dose of identity politics on top of it and you have a shit show (TFA, Rogue One, Rebels).

DELET THIS
It's true, she's destroying the franchise

True. The only "hype" around Rey merch was manufactured by the fedora tipping bloggers and the fake geek girls. For example, they forced the company who makes Monopoly games to add a Rey figure through the usual social media tactic: "I'm a cat lady but I totally have a daughter who literally wrote this letter with her crayons", the company bent the knee and… it didn't sell.
For many, Star Wars = Darth Vader. Even the cereal boxes around TFA had Darth Vader's face on them.
Rey merch didn't sell, same for Finn.

You could make a movie that would make double Episode VII made.

1) Darth Vader slicing through Jedi with a lightsaber
2) Boba Fett hunting someone down and using his flame thrower
3) Competent StormTroopers
4) Empire BTFO some weird alien race

A few new ship designs. A new Storm Trooper type. A few Jedi characters that exist to get fucked up by Darth Vader. Rebellion mooks.

Like a 4/10 at best to be perfectly honest. She looked really haggard half the time probably because she looks at computer screens for well over 20 hours at a time. This was years ago though so maybe she got better or maybe worse.

Star Wars is dead, and the Mouse killed it.

Yeah but it's Disney, you can't show the bad guys doing interesting stuff.

To be honest I would've eat those up as a kid. Maybe it was autism but I would draw lightsabers in all sorts of permutations - triple lightsabers, lightsabers with other lightsabers coming off them, circular lightsabers all grouped by colour. My favourite to draw was a swastika lightsaber, I didn't even know the symbol's meaning, just thought it was cool.

That was a fun thread.

The only correct answer
/thread

Same

At 5 I was completely enthralled with Star Wars. Now I have a 5 year old son and his interest in star wars is minimal. There is nothing in the new movies to appeal to him. He doesn't want to play as a girl or a black haired guy (how he describes niggers). He likes Darth Vader but not much else. It's not that Star Wars is "old" either. He likes ninja turtles and transformers, which are old brands. I don't see kids in his school or on his tball team really that pumped about star wars. Smooth move abandoning the audience disney.

You, you double fuhrer!

How can little boys not be interested in the Force?

>Da farce iz fameel!
What does that even mean?

The build quality is terrible. Say what you will about ol' George, but the variety of figures and their build quality was pretty damn good towards the end. I wouldn't waste the money on half this stuff. I saw the clearance prices and thought to myself that even that was too much to spend on these figures and toys.

Why would boys want to play little girl toys? Despite the fags who try the no bullying in schools, children are still bullying the fuck out of each other for liking girl shit. Besides everyone just wants to play as the Empire, and not the kike version, but the awesome Darth Vader Empire who never takes his mask off and actually does something.

fuck, i hate niggers. lol

They didn't want star wars to be for white men/boys whatever anymore.

So it isn't.

The problem is they paid all the bills. Can't wait till it all crashes as they get more and more diverse.

Because Star Wars is now for manchildren and nerdy gurls rather than children. Which is why they are creating those bird-like cute aliens, so nerdy gurls buy more plushies.

Becouse the new star wars isn't marketed to boys. Disney is stuck in their marxist ideological bubble..
Have you seen a boy or a young white male that you can respect in the new movies? Nope. Because they hate them. There's no one to identify as.
Vader is uber cool, luke is ok, star destroyers are fantastic, x wings are for masturbation only, NORMAL sabers are nice but can use sticks that are plentiful.

I sure as fuck wouldn't want to be Raysmixer, Surpriseniggaface or Darth Emo.
Darth Emo was supposed to be sold to young men but I'm sure you all heard it when seeing his big reveal in the cinema. EVERYBODY LAUGHED AT THIS PATHETIC FACE.

Why did they go to the insane shit first? A build your own lightsaber kit with your choice of pommel/hilt/emitter/blade would have sold like hotcakes and then they could have expanded into stupid lighttridents and whatever the fuck that thing with the five blades was.

Man have you seen what sword ideas kids can come up with? The idea of a lightsaber is sort of a wacky sword anyway.

Darth Emo is a Jew. The only white man in The Cuck Awakens is the Irish guy from Frank.

Who could have seen this one coming?

Well said.

Same thing with computer games, a place for men to escape to away from the disgusting and disappointing world around themselves.

However, one would think that since men like us created this world from scratch, tamed the elements, animals, plantlife and the seas - even space itself - that we could rebuild it for ourselves, instead of hiding away from our gifts in virtual copies of the world.

We have the power to create and make our imaginations into a reality.
The mistake we are making is underestimating our own power and potential. We also over estimate (((their))) power. They are nothing, weak of body, diseased of mind and with very few, simple tricks repeated over and over - with a lot of nepotism.
Break any of these, and they lose immediately.

Looks like that jew comedian from the 80s, the permanently squinting, screetching one that wasn't ever funny.

Luke

Checked for the empire did nothing wrong.

Oh, you must mean the parrot from Aladdin!

I like how everyone forgets the spic Jew even exists.

The issue is, as always, one of tolerance. White men are taught from very young to extend the same courtesy they show toward each other to outsiders (minorities and women) who, when they find an in, do everything in their power to kick the white men out and stab them in the back. And then, naturally, you have the low T beta quislings that are perfectly happy to betray their own for the distant promise of feminist pussy.

Why is that?

what did they mean by this?

We're not even getting good vidya out of nustar wars, or any vidya aside from battlefront shit.

Imagine them pozzing up DwarfFortress.

This. Lucas' films had Luke, Han Solo, Obi-Wan as good guys and the Empire as bad guys. Whoever you preferred, you were getting a good, white male character. Throw in some robots and aliens and you have a good cast of characters for kids to enjoy.

Nu-Star Wars has an old and grumpy Han Solo die very unceremoniously and Luke is now an emo faggot who exists to basically shit all over his trilogy by being a failed hero who accomplished nothing, meaning those films were a waste of time. Your inspiring characters going forward is a strong independent Mary Sue who needs no man, a token black guy, a Hispanic Jew who keeps talking about fags in Star Wars, CGI Carrie Fisher and some chink bitch. These are your new heroes to fight the not-Empire and they made damn sure to go overboard with the big bad Nazi imagery.

It means the ultimate power in the universe is middle-aged overweight white women who were With Her.

just

Rey's destiny as envisioned by Mike Stoklasa.
A mother, a bunch of black kids, no father

They also purposefully make the Empire shitty now. The white cape guy from Rogue One was everybody's butt monkey. Tarkin shits on him. Vader chokes him. The Storm Troopers are drooling retards.

If you think back to ESB and RotJ, the Empire's characters were awesome. All great british actors who acted imperial and gave Darth Vader sass, coupled with an awesome score and great ship design and aesthetics made them cool. It's no wonder everybody likes the Empire more than the Rebellion.

But I think this pisses off shriveled cunts like Kathleen Kennedy, whose attitude appears to be to take what guys like away from them and give it to girls, so now the Empire must always be portrayed as incompetent.

The First Order only has one cool element (TR8-T0R) and he was an accident. Everything else is purposefully made to be lamer than the 'Resistance.'

This is one of the main problems. They don't even try to shroud it in mystery and suspense as they did with Empire in the OS.
Stormtroopers and their helmets were admittedly the most obvious one and even I didn't figure it out till later since I just took it as something evil. But they were done in STYLE that fascinated people and took them on a trip in their imagination.

Now jew jew is just basically showing it in your face. Hair hortler swastika, First Order (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Order_(Nazism), borderline psychotic orator, the goose stepping soldiers show that aren't used later in the film (being the end of the film an all).
It's as if the executives of this movie are still living in the past and want to take everyone there to remind them what they are afraid of.
NO
I just want my futuristic space opera with glowing sabers and pew pew. I don't care for all canon breaking diversity.

Um yeah, what has changed about these guys again?

That does sound like something (((Mike))) would enjoy…

I wouldn't have a problem with the Nazi imaginary if the antagonists showed a shred of competence. Even if you're not cheering for them you must acknowledge that non-threatening villains hurt the narrative.

Old Star Wars toys were collectors items.

New Star Wars toys are just more fucking mouse ears.

This.

Young boys are the ones that go for action figures and would be interested in some fantasy action movie's merchandise, yet TFA was trying it's damnedest to do anything BUT be for boys. Getting that freak show to play the emo was also one of the dumbest things imaginable.

The guy looks like he has a birth defect for fuck's sake.

This as well. You can explain it as him being shot, but having Kylo Ren lose his fight against Rey completely ruins the tension going forward. She's already super powerful and connected to the force, now she has already beaten the Darth Maul/Dooku/Vader of the trilogy. At least Luke had to get utterly destroyed by Vader at first to humble him and bring him back to his senses. Just another case of them not letting the villains, who just happen to be big bad Nazis, not look competent or threatening in any way whatsoever.

Lets call this for what it is; propaganda. The new Star Wars film exist to show LARPing white nationalists getting BTFO by Diversity Squad. The big meanies are not allowed to look menacing otherwise that would make people think that real life white nationalists are capable too and we can't have special snowflake self-inserts as Rey and Finndu think they are not a match against them.

True. The Empire and the First Order are written as Disney villains.

(me)
I forgot to add that while the FO is a Disney villain, Rey is written as a Disney princess. She is "perfect", she has no negative character traits.

I can't wait to buy action figures of these iconic Star Wars characters.

How the fuck did this shit get greenlit?
Disney must hate money judging by the way they are running ruining things.

Looks like one of those Yukkuri memes.

What is this? Is this really from some Disney's Star Wars thing? Jeez.

Trying to pull in that oh so valuable tumblr Doctor Who crowd.

Disney villains could be cool and menacing. Maleficent was a good villain.

They demolish the rebels in most encounters in the OT. They lose to the heroes but that's on plot armor. In the original EU novels they were considered elite soldiers.

But Disney made them (more of) clowns in Rogue One.

I bought a large Kylo and Captain Phasma in 2015

more

That was classic Disney.

Maleficient and other good disney villains was back before the Zionist takeover and when Walt Disney was still alive. From the 90s onward there weren't too many memorable disney villains unlike the past.

You have no friends.

Good. You don't get to bring friends anyway.

Fuck you.

No, fuck you leatherhead.

I know that feel and it is good.

I wish I wouldn't have watch TFA, I sat there so bored. It really felt like a bad short story I would have written as a child.

The ampersand is trans and likes to drink.

Surely the last one is a bootleg. There's no way that piece of shit is an actual toy they're selling.

Looks like a lackluster Hellboy sequel.

So, I can build a swastika light saber?

Sadly it is real. This is the quality of toy they are selling. Not only that, but they expect parents and collectors to pay a premium for them. This things are generally rotting on the shelves.

Actually, yes. There are the proper connections to build a swastika lightsaber.

They don't care about star wars. They just want to virtue signal and milk the fuck out of Starwars for money until it's a husk.

Then it's no wonder people are being repulsed by this garbage, they can't even cater to their consumers with decent shit.

I didn't know they brought in Jeb Bush's wife to play as a ugnaught. Also, what is that shit supposed to be? a funeral?

You have no faggot friends.
ftfy

Harrison Ford is a kike famalam

Same over here toy stores, toy sections in supermarkets and discount chains are all clogged with Star Wars merch.

How are we going to teach this in Indonesia, Brazil and Mexico where there is no white people?

Seeing the nigger get beaten by space nightstick was the most entertaining part of the movie.

oh god, you mean people can finally make this shit?

It would be very fitting, considering the situation..

TR8-T0R is a nigger you nincompoop

What? TR8-T0R is a white guy.

It started on 8/tv/ you stupid nigger.

I never claimed anything else.

I will never understand this fucking shit is only "for white people" to enjoy. I am a white skinned macaco from Hueland so I guess I don't constitute as "white" by Western measures, but I loved Star Wars as a kid, and so did boys of my age when the prequels were out.

Superhero comics and video games were fine too, nobody ever complained about them. Do American leftist realize that people from around the world loved Star Wars the way it was before they injected their politics?

Damn that Grievous looks sick, probably costs a fortune though. Also, he's missing his cape.

No, because everything is about identity to them. They don't understand how a Japanese kid can like Batman or like Star Wars without there being an Asian character. which I find funny because living in Japan has taught me that Chinese, Japanese and Koreans don't think of themselves as "Asian"

It's not, but it was made by white people, for white people. Just because a shitskin like yourself enjoys it does not take away the fact it was made with white, heterosexual men in mind.

You're too stupid to even realize the irony. That niggers should go and make entertainment for his bestial brethren, as should you. No one told you shitstains you are welcome. You can enjoy the product, but do not think for a moment you should be allowed to contribute to it.

You just said it was started by Disney. It was started by angry nazis.

and who told you that?

and here I was wondering if there was a person out there retarded enough to buy one of those…

He had as much screen time as all those people who suddenly died on those planets. How are you supposed to even remember the fucker when he isn't in the movie?

Then he deserved it.

Its a Lego toy that costs like $45. Honestly I think Legos are the only company selling Star Wars that is doing good, and thats because they sell a lot of the older Star Wars stuff.

I actually had no idea it was lego before I uploaded it. I guarantee you it's no more than $50 $75 tops

This doesn't look like Star Wars at all. I think the director accidentally watched Dune instead of the OT and thought the aesthetic of the empire was so neat he'd go even closer to the source.

remember what the old toys and video games used to be back when they brought it back in the 90s?
cool ships, lasers and shit. its fucking hard to fail at selling that but Disney is doing it.

The 00s and early 10s had their fair share of good SW games too. Republic Commando, KOTOR 2 and Empire at War instantly come to mind.

They've done that several times before. This commercial isn't even the first time they came out with one.

At least those were sane. Even the tonfa sith blade the kid built was still canon at the time based on The Force Unleashed.

It isnt changing hands anymore. Disney is a black hole. The youtuber is right.

I actually worry that the rumor or force ghosts being able to be killed is an excuse to kill off all the classic characters, and then push the new stuff. A.k.a. the Marvel comics strategy of giving people more of what they don't really want.

Nah there's that one guy.

aye b'jayzis.

The dividing of people in to catagories of "white", "black", and "Asian" is a very new, very American way of looking at the world. For example, until very recently the French wouldn't have thought of them selves as being "white people". They were French first, and white second. The distinctions between a Frenchman, a German, and an Englishman used to be a very big deal to those people.

The House of Windsor has seen better days.

Will the jews at Disney find out and put the sheenie curse on me?

Leftists think that everybody hates white people as much as they do. What thier doing in western media with all-black or all-female remakes is the equivalent of taking classic Japanese samurai films and filling it with blacks and women. It's fucking ridiculous.

Gilbert Gottfried is a treasure and you should feel bad

Underrated post.

Yeah, you are right. In SW, nobility was shown with more colorfull colors overall. But this is some bland and boring shit. None of the character call your attention, while in the Lucas movies, even the more pointless and obscure of the character had something.

The prequels in particular were pure costume porn, due to Lucas' autism even a character you barely see on screen is bound to have an insanely detailed costume. There's even a book about the prequel costumes called Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars and it will seriously blow your mind.

Today I went across town to a Hobby Off, and noticed that they had a lot of new old stock Star Wars toys. Everything was still in the original package selling for an average of 500円(a little under $5). The other thing that struck me was the build quality of this figures was far superior to what is currently being sold. Some of these figures are from right at the time Disney acquired LucasFilm. It is like Disney gave the greenlight to Hasbro to cut the line down to only the new stuff, and a limited selection of OT figures; while allowing for the quality to go to shit while raising the prices.

because it sucks

The Jewish merchant mind at work. Fucking up long term profitability for short term gain, doubly so if they can stick it to them evil gentiles. And then they wonder why they get treated like the vermin they are.

are u japanese

and if so, are u a japanese girl

and if so, will u be my gf

pls

No, you read like a mongo.

Hasbro are probably getting squeezed on licensing fees and part of the agreement would be they have to mass produce Finn and Rey toys no wants. It makes sense to cut the quality to make what little money they can.

I can't see TLJ helping, it's just the same characters in slightly different outfits. Disney are probably forcing them to make new TLJ toys of Finn in a different jacket in return for being able to make OT toys which are profitable.

Only a woman could have come up with as shit a character as Rey and thought it was going to be popular. Also, only a woman thinks people like niggers.

The new TLJ toys don't even have TLJ branding. Shows what Hasbro thinks of this license they bought, these could easily pass as being unrelated to TLJ.

dat penguin next to chewie. I had already forgotten.

Just what every kid wants under the Christmas tree.

I still can't believe this is an actual thing. No one wants another race of "cute" mascots.

I bet the chinks are going to love it. Now they have their own version of Rey too.

The action figure looks more like Kate Micucci than the actress who is on the packaging.

That gun doesn't even fit her body. It is basically bootleg tier.

I would imagine so. I think that Lucas was just a kid at heart and was happy to make bank off the license to Kenner then Hasbro. Disney just don't seem to be satisfied with what Lucas was pulling in even if that much money helped greatly in underwriting the cost of the Phantom Menace.

Nice rare variant card. All I could find is the original.

What's with the red star wars logo?
It was always yellow, as in good jedi.

It actually looks just a smidgen closer to star wars now…

They want you to think "ooooh, so dark. This is going to be ESB turned up to 11!" Remember when Star Wars movies were about a title? Even with Lucas was doing the tiny Star Wars with "Episode ~" it was still about that. Now it is STAR WARS, no really STAR WARS! "We're the Ghostbusters!"

>Han Solo

If only. I have no idea how Disney thinks they can make a ESB rehash when they seem hellbent to paint the antagonists as incompetent buffoons.

Why is Rey so sad in this scene anyway? She doesn't even know who Luke is.

It will be Rey needed to just simply understand how powerful she really is. She simply hasn't understood her true potential, and then she will become even greater. Basically Mary Sue turned up to 11. God fucking help us.

Gilbert is the best because he is truly the most vulgar comic there is.

Why does she come with a bottle of miller high life?

It can change hands within Disney. If money Jews tell progressive Jews to fuck off because they need shekels, they might put someone competent in charge like John Lasseter.

What is more pathetic, shitskins trying to fit in with us or white people trying to fit in with liberals?

Shitskins trying to fit in with us means they don't want to loot and collect welfare (so much). Whites wanting to be kike puppets is the cause of all our problems.

maybe this is seen as star wars not profitable?
Disney bought star wars but it's not worth anything
disney makes bad company decisions.
disney is losing money
disney stock is worthless
cheesemoon.jpg
mousetrap.jpg
ratdragspizza.gif
mutilatedpenislightsaber.jpg
retardedkidseatingpoop.jpg

it's beautiful watching companies go out of business trying to push that progressive shit agenda. comic book shops closing up, toy stores shutting down, let the left cannibalize itself into irrelevancy.

She has heard a lot about him from the other resistance fighters, no doubt. If you're going to pick something to bitch about, then at least pick something legitimate.

Hell, if George plays his cards right he might be able to get back Star Wars in 10 years. That or Paramount will get it….then Star Wars v. Star Trek :the Dawn of J.J. Abrams.

You can tell Robert is a cuck, expressing how happy he is that a black guy said that.

only 20 bucks

He just wanted confirmation from a black guy just so he can shield himself from sexism allegations. But all it made him look like he was approving of a black guy wanting to fuck a white woman like Power Girl.

Yeah, two classic sci-fi franchises are dying in front of our eyes. Maybe it is a good thing, maybe that might leave room for something better once Hollywood implodes.

Is alien dying too? that'd be three

Well, thanks to the retcon from Rogue One, that white man named Luke is now a nobody who happened to have a neon sword. iRebel is the true hero. Without her, there would be no battle of Yavin, no destruction of the Death Star.

oh wow how did i not notice that before now?

That's her "awe" face. Or default "every tense situation" face.
She can't fucking act.

You will never convince me these people are not pretending. How. God damnit. I know """I""" didn't pay for it, but I contributed to it by being there and accepting the offer.

Alien Covenant bombed big time on theaters and cost Fox millions. And many people didn't like it because it was an attempt to appease Prometheus fans and Alien fans at the same time.

The biggest shame is the fact that they don't even use the shitload of remarkably good material that EU authors churned out over the years.
It's shit straight from assholes of (((Disney executives))) and tenderized with careful hands of jew jew.

Wrong.

The problem is that Alien didn't really need a back story. These days everyone is falling all over themselves over prequels and sequels that explain everything. Writers and filmmakers need to learn to hold something back. We need a little bit of mystery, a little bit of debate. We need something to talk about while drinking without someone telling us every damn detail. Mystery is a good thing, unanswered questions are a good thing.

JJ Abrams agrees.

Well, not in the we didn't think about but we introduced things way. More the we made a horror story, and not everything needs to be known. Abrams introduced things with the idea of…"LOL let the next guy answer it"

MYSTERY BOX AMIRITE
jj is a fucking retard

Carrie wasn't dead at the time. The reason they CGI'd her was because she wasn't young anymore.

I wouldn't say that Star Wars is dying yet because the movies are still making a billion over in the box office due to plebs still going to theaters to watch it. They are just tanking in one particular area that Disney cares about a great deal.

Star Trek on the other hand is dying since their movies are not turning up into profit anymore, their movies have successfuly alienated all trekkies and their next TV show is guaranteed to be dead on arrival not just because of all the drama happening on set or all the changes to lore, but because its not airing on any tv channel and they want to use their shitty CBS streaming service to air it. Who is going to pay for this shit? Not enough people that would actually watch this show just fine on tv.

You know, the irony is that Prometheus was also written just like TFA by creating a lot of mystery that is supposed to be answered in the sequels. That is because Damon Lindenloff wrote that movie like a episode of Lost which Abrams happens to have produced.

But when that little goblin shat out Lost he had no fucking answers to any of the questions he made the audience ask.

Did Lindenloff answer any of the questions Prometheus made? They didn't actually make things less mysterious, on the contrary, it made the lore even more confusing.

The whole purpose of it is dangling the worm infested carrot, constantly backing off clumsily and getting schekels for as long as they can.
It's not done out of love for doing imaginative series on the writer's part. The plot devices are stolen from other shows and pieced together into a plot hole monstrosity that were Prometheus and Lost.

Why oh why aren't disgusting cumskin children buying this amazing PoC hero?

they dont even know the aesthetic of star wars

I'm fine with non-whites liking star wars too. but white people refined the genre of sci-fi and fantasy for 100 years and everybody else wants a piece of the pie now that it's popular. They never cared before.

But unfortunately the fans now are such cucks they give up their power willingly.

What did they mean by this?

I maek gun lol xD

lotr
liv tyler
miranda otto

harry potter
emma watson
luna

star wars
jews
daisy "mouth of sauron can't act with the lights on" ridley
FUG ASS ASIAN

They are fucking star wars on purpose kek

Liv Tyler sucks but your point still stands.
None of these franchises would be successful if they were based on their female side characters.

liv tyler was attractive enough is what i mean i thought idk

I'm ignoring Vader because I'd totally get Vader.

Of the rest, based on looks alone, probably Maul. Grievous is fun but too over the top for me. Dooku is nice but not fun enough. Ren is fine, but super lame and boring compared to the rest, but he'd probably be one of the best toys from TFA, which is sad.

But beyond that, it's not just the looks but the character. A Han toy may not be the most amazing thing, but you'll have badass adventures with it. Luke may be a flatter character, but he's a super easy insert character to be YOU as a Jedi. Vader again would win this category, so let's put him aside again. Again, I'd probably go with Maul because they are all a little weak on character, but Maul is the most menacing. Grievous is a close second, being a better character and having more playtime shenanigans you could get up to with him, but again just a little over the top for me if I'm older than 6 at the time. Dooku is fine, but not exciting. Ren is just super lame and whiny bitch, no fun as a character. Hell, Mary Sue is a funner character than Ren, although I'd still take a Ren touly over her.

I think the prequels had a lot of problems and TFA made a few (minor) good choices, but from a merchandise perspective the prequels were a lot more fun. I don't even mean just in an Ewok cash grab sense, there was more visual flair in the designs. And while the good guys weren't well characterized in the prequels, Kenobi was still a fun badass in a toy sort of way, and the bad guys were at least allowed to be cool baddies.

TFA on the other hand has the visual style of a worse derivative of the original star wars designs. Nothing new really, just familiar but worse. But hell, even with mediocre designs, it might still do alright if the characters made you excited to play as them.

But then again, I'm 30 and haven't bought an action figure in decades. But that's my take from being able to put myself in the perspective of a child or manchild.

Meant for

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what you're talking about and coming up blank. I'm genuinely curious what you think TFA did right, however minor, because from my point of view it shat the bed in every aspect.

Not that user, but if I had to guess, its TR8-T0R because he is the closest thing to a efficient villain in that entire fucking movie.

Different user. I think TR8-T0R worked well, not just meme'ing. I think the new stormtrooper design isn't bad.

You're an idiot, m8. They look like something out of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Nothing in Disney-Wars that is original looks like Star Wars.

You're not going to bait me into defending something from TFA, britbong.

I see that ramen you sick fuck

Looked up the book, looks like it's been out of print for awhile and isn't cheap.

I'd definitely like to get it. Even with the parts I don't like about the prequels they were certainly an aesthetic treat.

Feels good knowing the little faggots don't have it better than we did.

If anything kids these days have it worse than we did.
checked

Toy quality peaked right before the recession, companies were able to make high quality toys, while also keeping costs down so kids could enjoy them. The real hit of the recession didn't come till a few years after it happened, but we still have yet to recover from it.

Is he saying put me out of my misery?
My space penguin is a little rusty.

Wow, that's a powerful photo. It makes me comfortable because there are no white males in it.

Holy Sir Patrick Stewart why is he a twink?

Just when you thought Disney couldn't fuck this up worse than they already have they find a way to surprise you.

It's kind of cute tbh. I also didn't mind the ewoks in RotS either though.

*RotJ

So is that getting roled back in the new movie, or are they just returning to old designs for mechandising because no one wants the new shit?

Since Chewie comes with one of the space penguins they are probably screen accurate, so they must have realised the red arm was dumb and changed it back to the original look.

The whole red arm shit was just an excuse to sell a new figure for a toy that everyone already has.

This is desperation.

Also, plot hook for a comic or book most likely. I remember seeing the scene and thinking it was incredibly blatant what they were trying to do.

It was just one of Jew Jew's mystery boxes.

I don't think the old EU is currently a big moneymaker for anyone.

Only thing chink love from hollywood is soulless robot.

where's the proof? who's to say it's not contantly stocked on shelves because it's popular? He's saying this is the same merch they bought 2 years ago. Where's the fucking proof?

They've got taste then. the only likable characters in nu-Star Wars are robots.

I'd rather them not touch anything oldStarWars with a ten foot pole

Do these (((guys))) record their farts and figure out their names?

First of all, if that were true then half of it wouldn't be on clearance. They'd have got rid of the few pieces that didn't sell ages ago and be left with the popular stuff. Second, look at what's left behind. A lot of Rey, a decent amount of Finn, and a lot of that weird lizard-alien guy with the big round hat and the veil. There were only a couple of Han, Luke, Leia and Chewie figures in the entire video. It's not because they're not making them; there were plenty of Yodas and he's not even in VII. So it's likely (but not proven) that the main character toys they intended to be the big draws aren't selling too well. This has been said especially about Rey in a few other places, I think.

I doubt we'll ever know for sure because companies seem very reluctant to publish this sort of information. You either have to speculate like this or just decide that we'll never know, which is more intellectually rigorous, but not exactly useful to anyone.

Aside: the quality also looks quite poor in that video. The figures look more like the 80s OT figures than the mid 2000s PT figures I had. Simplistic paint jobs, few points of articulation. Again, doesn't prove low sales, but could suggest it.

Looking forward to seeing prrrrt's design

The grey air in its head looks like it its JUUUSTed. How convenient to describe SW actual situation. Especially if the leaks are true and the Porg is Anakin.

vidya porn will save it

Jesus Christ, how horrifying.

A good story has and awesome bad guy(s).
Now its diversity wars vs muh meme nazis.

you aren't cool.

I call fake.

bioware finally did something right

She is beautiful.

Your deluded if you think that can happen and havent been paying attention to a single fucking event for decades.

That does not look like the pictures

Is this turning into an environmentalist movie? Save the Earth goy before you get fucked up abortions like this?

I knew this would happen. SJW's don't realize the absolute fanaticism surrounding Star Wars.

They merely jumped onto the bandwagon, no understanding or appreciation of any of the nuance behind the fandom, just wanting to be a part of the phenomenon, then their narcissism kicks in, they're sociopaths with no real love of anything and no understanding how anyone else can feel feelings they themselves lack, so they decide to subvert/destroy it instead. Because, again being narcissists, the failing must be with the thing itself and not their inability to understand it.

There's a guy out there who recreated the whole of a new hope using fucking ascii. That's the kind of fanaticism you just don't fuck with and you absolutely cannot recreate.

link?

>(((disney))) selling dildos to boys

i have literally never been this uninterested in rule34 b4. may god this girl is gross.
what sorta asshole adds this level of negative detail. which sjw faggot made this shit?

does that chin double as a Y-Wing LZ?

To be honest, that is a convincing thing for the normies.

TBH they are useful only as dildoes.
You can't swordfight with that shitty plastic.

this could pass as gay porn

"Kill me kill me Kill me!"

"Do it! Do it!"

o

redditors found the video.

When did DC make that move? I stopped doing comics a few years ago just as they started to go full SJW female Thor, etc

they didn't add anything you moron, they scanned daisy's face for battlefront 2.

thx fam, i was mildly curious.

i'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed.

weh weh wa wa wa
weh weh wa wa wa

Of course they love nuWars so much they don't want to admit it sucks. They love their little Mary Sue who will only become more powerful.

video is not accurate since you need to stock shelves so they seem full. unless I see news of bestbuy or target or walmart how they have sw toys rotting in warehouses I dont believe it.

Why are there only shortages of the popular characters then?

Notice how you never see a single Han Solo on the shelves in that video, it's all Rey/Finn/whatever other characters no one likes.

WOnder who wants him really

I read that as AGE - DEAD - INSIDE

I had one (Han solo) from around the time of the special editions or a bit later than that which was of infinitely better quality than that pos.

That is the worst looking Han Solo toy I've ever seen.

whats the mutant that will you will create by combining those things on sticker?

some kind of a space walker for Han since he can't move around so good in his old age.

That Greivous is sick. Where can I buy that?

fooken saved.

money jews and communist jews are the same thing.

It's been sitting on the shelf for 2 years you fucking dense cuck. Grow a set of balls and stop sucking corporate cock.

I was working a Halloween store when Force Awakens was coming out.

We sold almost nothing related to Rey or Kylo. Finn had no merch because he was utterly forgettable. Think we sold some BB8 stuff, but it's a cute droid. Mostly we sold robes, a few Chewie 'fur' coats, and some original trilogy costumes and toys.

The popularity of Force is all fluff. Guaranteed.

more

kek