Intel Meltdown thread

Intel Meltdown thread

I just bought a 1700.

Other urls found in this thread:

chiru.no/u/intel_collage.png
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HWAccelIntro
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good for you

I hope Intel gets sued through the ass for this shit and I hope AMD gains back their market share

But the performance penalties have been greatly overstated
Sage because we already had a discussion on this and this thread will ultimately attract cancer

chiru.no/u/intel_collage.png

Png version in case someone wants to make it bigger and add stuff to it

Reported for duplicate thread

You want a medal?

You're also a faggot, but methinks the OP is a piece of cancer from halfchan that just wanted to come here to attentionwhore the shitty meme collages and Holla Forums-tier trash memes like without even checking the catalog first

Shame the mods here are so useless

amd doesn't have the 30% performance loss that intel has
all intel cpus since 1995 are affected
no amd cpus are affected from meltdown
spectre bugfix is a regular non-intrusive bugfix

such natural and organic posting my fellow eight channel user

how many fucking threads does a single cpu bug need
>>>/oven/

it's intel, so it needs 44 threads (22 cores) to stay competitive

heh

Intel has at least 3 bugs at this point, not including the ME backdoor and its exploits

natural and organic thread bump my fellow eight channeler. truly your contribution to this board has enlightened everyone

bump :^)

I'm regretting the purchase of that AMD APU lenovo chinkpad a little less now. Seeing as x86 may have some more security holes waiting to blow up, what CPU architectures out there are botnet-free and easily obtainable? I honestly would probably be fine with 1999 level performance since that is still usable for 480p video and running most open-source software I believe.

Good luck faggot

1999 CPUs are good enough to decode 480p video without any dedicated hardware. I can just use an older codec if the new ones are too much anyway.

If its an AMD APU he should be more than good to go for at least 720p video. All modern SoCs, wither it be from AMD or otherwise, have dedicated media blocks that will pretty much play video just fine regardless of CPU power

are you talking about hardware decoding? that has nothing to do with the cpu. that get's passed to the gpu, and support for that is sketchy at best depending on the gpu and the codec

trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HWAccelIntro

He just did that so he could buy it all back once it bottoms out so he ends up with the same amount of shares plus a profit that he can spend on even more shares.

The media blocks on AMD APUs are more than capable of 720p for shit like Jewtube
t. Someone with an E-series APU

Uhhhh, isn't insider trading a felony?

Yes, we can all only hope he gets fucked for it. I seriously doubt it though, Intel knows how to hire the best (((Lawyers)))

it's called an integrated GPU, not a "Media Block", though ya I think amd integrated gpu's do support hardware encoding/decoding for some things now. which is great because encoding on cpu if you don't have 24 cores is slow.

(((to big to fail)))

So if I understand this correctly, the botnet paranoia on this board was actually correct on intel? You could access the CPU from the internet?

The botnet shit is still retarded paranoia
Basically this bug is that Intel pre-emotively fetches memory from kernel space for performance reasons without considering what data is otherwise marked unreadable by the kernel. You still need a primary exploit in order to read the data from the prefetcher though

No, both Meltdown (which affects some ARM too) and Specter (which affects AMD and ARM as well) only allows you to read information.

Unless you're using VMware or actually needed an update, good job wasting your money.

tbh i thought this was common knowledge that everyone knew and intel didn't mind admitting, i wasn't aware it was still in "conspiracy" territory

Fuck Intel and fuck jewish people

It's only insider trading if you can't afford buying the judge. Jewtel doesn't need to as they can help CIAniggers again so no wrongdoing will be found.

Yes and no. Intel ME allows CIAniggers to control your computer. This allows any program running on your machine to read anything. So it's less powerful but more people can exploit it.
CIAniggers probably can do that. Everyone else has to rely on shit like JehovahScript.