Look what I bought

Check it out, I bought a refurbished Lenovo ThinkPad X230 Core i5 3320M 2.6GHz 4GB 320GB 12.5"! It comes with Windows 7, but I'll be uninstalling that; this little baby is going to be pop my Install Gentoo cherry.

I, uh, didn't fuck up with the model, did I?

Other urls found in this thread:

coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/x230
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can get libreboot on that

X86 ARCHITECTURE IS BURNING TO HELL RIGHT NOW

close enough

delet this
goto /tpg/ you are an retarded for not buying a good thinkpad. t500 would be better selection but you bought the jewish propaganda i am asume...

What do you mean?

The X230 seems has decent specs...

What's wrong with my model choice?

no libreboot, shitty keyboard, snooping camera, no thinklight, 16:9 screen (4:3 even 16:10 is superior)

X220 was the last tp.

You fucked up buddy.

go trade it for a mac faggot.

After a brief read of Libreboot's homepage, it seems I can manually install it. That doesn't sound too bad.

I don't think you can user.

oh

Wait what about coreboot?

coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/x230

Shit that process is too much

I mean.... how fucked am I with non-proprietary BIOS software?

if you want ease of installation go sell your x230 and buy a spec'd out t60p or x60

REEEEEE I JUST BOUGHT THIS THING

I see. Advertisers are finally allowed to create threads on 8/tech/ as well?

It's a lovely laptop, look at the coreboot wiki at how to flash it, you'll need an spi flasher and a pomona 5250 clip.
You could even change to the old keyboard i like the new one better
sadly, me isn't our biggest problem anymore and maybe you should have just gotten an old powerbook g4 instead

You never wanted to gloat about buying nice things?

(heil'd)
if somebody wants to get backpats for their new old thinkpad they should go to the thinkpad thread. it's not hard to figure out.
user making his own thread made it obvious that he did no research first, which was immediately confirmed.

Why the fuck would you do that?

lol retard

Constructive criticism, fuck yeah.

What's worse than me? What could be worse?

Enjoy your Spectre and Meltdown shit.

I'm on mine right now. Same one with the 3320M. I'm running Windows 10 LTSB on mine but it works well with Fedora Linux too. I upgraded mine to 12GB of RAM and 275GB SSD, and it's incredibly snappy. Get a 9 cell battery for it and you can use it for an entire day on a single charge, like 15+hours on medium to low settings. There's also a Coreboot port for this machine.

And before you remove Windows 7, hit Win+R and enter "msinfo32" to get a system report. If "BIOS Version" says anything other than 2.70, make sure that you go to the Lenovo website and get the most recent BIOS update utility. Version 2.70 has a bunch of security fixes from late last year. Also be sure to install any kernel patches for Linux or Windows or whatever OS you use for the Spectre and Meltdown exploits. I think there may also be microcode updates for some GNU/Linux systems like RHEL, Ubuntu, etc. These are hardware exploits that are hard to mitigate, and anything helps.

Coreboot and ME cleaner is close enough if you're going on security and not just principle.
Utter meme. I like the new ones better than the old ones.
Remove the display bezel and unplug it. Takes like 3 minutes.
Wrong. Mine has one. It also has a backlit keyboard, making the ThinkLight mostly useless.
Fair point, but good aspect ratios aren't coming back.

No, you can't. The newer Core i series chipsets aren't supported. If you don't understand exactly how Libreboot works and what it is, don't even mess with it. Stick with your stock BIOS and read up on this stuff.

brainlet spotted
stay bloated, my dear redditor

Can we start opening a thousand Thinkpad threads? I really miss those from /g/