Chinese Shit

This is one of the worst films I have ever seen. I only went to watch it since one of my friends invited me to a movie and this was the only film showing that day (it's like half off day) that had 4 seats next to each other.

First off Jean Reno looks like fucking trash which fits since he is fucking trash in this film. There are a bunch of chinks. The plot starts with a guy taking a picture of some diamonds and magically that picture allows him to track the diamonds as they move. The other impossibilities go further.but I dont really care to go on about it since it was all shit.

Probably the worst thing about the movie was the pacing. Things were cut frantically and every cut came with a 3/10 music to play at the beginning. I had heard that Chinese people are good at copying but this film is so inept I don't really understand what they were stealing from. The plot is a fucking mess of a story that I am still confused by. How they tried to tie all the loose ends at the end was such a lazy conclusion. They woudl just start subplots and never deliver on them.

It's also like 100+ minutes. At one point I thought they were setting up for a sequel but no everything gets decided in 10 minutes. I am so fucking disgusted by Jean Reno. I guess after that godzilla film he was in I should have known he was a fucking whore .

I dont think ive ever seen a chinese movie besides hong kong action flicks and crouching tiger. Are all the news ones they make complete trash??/

Modern Chinese movies are surprisingly generic.
They try very hard to be like Western movies.

Is it like dubbed? Where does one see it for free

Nah it was subbed in english (and vietnamese) and everything else was chiense. There are parts where people just speak in english though. I think in Jean Reno's scenes everyone speaks (bad) english

Some chinese movies are pretty kino, just avoid the flashy shit with everyone trying hard to look cool

doubt

it's a very well made drama, about a chef and his three daughters.

chink movies are just as bad as poo in the loo movies.

The new ones are really bad because they try to compete with Hollywood while having Mainland China's censorship because they want that extra yuan.

Not saying that old films were perfect, but it's decentralized state in the past helped good directors shine like John Woo and Sammo Hung. Now, it seems to hinder good directors.

If you ask a chink, they will tell you that it's part of China.

Not even, poo in the loo movies are weaker. They might have nicer cinematography and color correction than Chinese ones, but their editing and pacing isn't strong.

Yes. Blame the chicoms. They've got big brother level censorship and control over the industry, creativity just cannot live. For example, the better Chinese movies in thr past are about corrupt cops or fucked up chinese social policies; 80s triads and cops movies or the fifth generation like Chen Kaige or Zhang Yimou (before he became a massive tool) subtly criticizing the Cultural Revolution after living through it. Now they can't have a dirty cop unless he dies or gets arrrsted at the end of the movie. Hong Kong was shown as grimy and parochial as it truly was and still is rather than the very fake sleek and cosmopolitan image they try to portray today. But because Xi jinping is a thin skinned faggot nobody makes these kind movies anymore. Even Jackie Chan puts ridiculous government praising nonsense in his films because his son was dumb enough to crash his car with enough drugs on him for a bullet to the back of the head.

Since nobody is allowed to be creative, it became a job of making movie as close to their guidelines as possible and employing silly gimmicks instead, while employing a bunch of cut rate hicks from the mainland instead of hk veterans to save money. Probably only Johnny To has got any independence left, but even he don't make em like he used to.

there were some car scenes that were decently done but because of the editing and cuts become boring too

This.
I don't care how many movies they make or sell, as long as there is censorship their art is a joke.

Wtf he didn't even killed the fish first

I think sticking two sticks in it's body kills the fish.

Poor Jean Reno

WTF I HATE Holla Forums NOW!

Dragon Blade is Cusack-kino. It doesn't take itself too seriously, which is good otherwise it would suck. It's got a great climax. And it's got an '80s vibe of "let's set aside our differences" which they do as Romans and Chinese work together, and combining the great talents of the Latin and the Gook, overcome all odds! Montages throughout, not sure if deliberately cheesy or if that's just how chinese do.

There's a distracting subplot involving an annoying child who is the Roman heir and Adrien Brody is in it but if you can stomach his schnoz he gets brutally killed (so does the kid thankfully).

That's one of the chink's traits, overly cheesy and/or melodramatic. Hence why their wave of counter directors are overly dry and raw, almost nothing romanticized.
Prime example of this is the korean cinema of the 00's

You're a cuckold that doesn't know what he's talking about. Fag.

you retarded son?

So, what else good action Hong Kong movies are worth watching besides pre-Hollywood John Woo works?

It's so easy to get VPNs in China these days, isn't it silly chink? Too bad you don't use your energy to fight your shitty government.

Did i touch a nerve, Chang?

Ringo Lam, Johnny To and Tsui Hark are probably the most professional and resourceful Hong Kong action directors. At least one or two of their movies are worth watching.

Jackie Chan is also always good for the action, even old Jackie today puts in more stunt work than the entire capeshit industry. Yuen Biao and Sammo are good too but YB made a lot of filler and Sammo is a fat meme. Shanghai Express was awesome though.

Jet Li had great fights, but his most of his movies coast on his stardom; they are otherwise a wide range of Chinese fantasy tropes mashed together by barely sane writers. He's basically the Chinese Van Damme.

Donnie Yen has great fights and his work this decade pioneered how to film MMA as movie fights, but most of his movies are almost cookie cutter Chinese heroic bloodshed. He's basically the Chinese Seagal.

God of cookery was pure kino tbh

This exact reason is why I always said the long-hated kane and lynch 2 was an underrated kino masterpiece. Albeit it had pretty shit gameplay, it's atmosphere captured that exact gritty, corrupt, crime driven hong kong so perfectly the chinese government got asshurt enough to sue the devs over defamation

What can you say?
They learned from our best.