Has anyone heard yet much of Auroville?

Has anyone heard yet much of Auroville?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/leftypol/res/846742.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

que

As far as I can tell it's an Indian commune of several thousand people who manage to live almost as communists. It's slightly spooky (in a somewhat religious search for Truth and human unity) but it seems to have been doing well for decades. Should we look into this more?

Bumping out of interest, I want to learn more

looks like the headquarters of a Bond villain.

Damn fam the architecture is exquisite, also looks like a level out of Tony Hawk's pro skater.

They still operate under a monetary-market economy.

From what I understand they try to make it as much a gift economy as possible. It doesn't completely work yet but they're much more lenient than most places.

Does the golden sphere thing serve some kind of purpose or is it just decoration?

I would go there if I thought they would be tolerant towards someone who wants to do heavy scientific research, but nah, they won't take to that I'm pretty sure. What I need is a commune that is also a hackerspace.

I believe it is mostly a religious monument

Detroit commune really needs to be revived.
The left needs a hackerspace/commune to use as a headquarters for important leftist research and organization

I agree. I think we need to discuss it on a better channel with more secure, ensured members.

Okay, so how should we go about doing that?

I'm not sure what to do for a medium yet. We need something permanent and regular. Maybe a discord server?

Discord doesn't respect freedom.
Besides, it doesn't offer anything that irc doesn't offer, and when this was tried with irc it didnt work out.

Part of the problem with the IRC was that a. people weren't getting logs, so nobody ever knew what was said in there since people weren't on consistently. The other part was that a lot of people seemed to think that joining an IRC was either FBI or cancer.

People are going to think something is an fbi honeypot no matter what. Though with a proprietary solution like discord that might actually be true.

Of course. Porky has the monetary incentive to comply with the feds. What incentive does someone that respects liberty have to comply with them?

If the place is publically known then there's going to be feds watching it either way, just as normal users.

the discussion of this has moved to this thread: 8ch.net/leftypol/res/846742.html

use retroshare