Marvel in fullblown panic mode

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publication_history_of_Marvel_Comics_crossover_events
youtu.be/k2mjKyosfSs
breitbart.com/sports/2017/05/05/espns-leftward-lurch-explained-disney-ceo-may-run-democrat-nomination-using-network-curry-favor-leftists/
archive.is/wQVSO
archive.is/p27PB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wew.

this is why you dont justify your political views with pop culture

The only thing that hits me is why the hell are they advertising the antagonists of the story? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to something that advertises the resistance against Hydra? Who the hell is in charge of their marketing?

double dubs confirm the destruction of marvel

I will bring the snacks. What should I bring?

Hostess® Fruit Pies

Because Marvel got rid or damaged all their interesting characters. Look who is in the resistance. Iron nigglet, Storm, Whor, oml, cunty Carol, shitty Doc Strange, Inhumans, Ms Muslim, a GotG ad, and Peter Parker. Only character in that bunch worth anything is Peter and we know he'll take a back seat to Miles at some point.

Countless Avengers who should be more taken back by this. They'd have good character moments, but it's all about the movie, TV, and diversity crowd.

They're doing this just now? Wasn't the hydra thing months ago?

its because they've been marketing the next event Secret Empire, where HydraCap is going to be one of the main antagonist.

I haven't been keeping up what did they do to him?

Wait is that where they got the promotional image of him picking up Thor's hammer?

You're telling me he's still a Nazi when he does that?

Huh… blond hair, blue eyes. I guess now we know where Bor got his opinions about Israel.

Even if Marvel was publishing good books it could never survive under the weight of this kind of over-saturation.

There's a reason why Gordon Ramsay bitches a restaurant owner out if the menu is too big.

He was created specifically to create nazis.

This is crazy, I am not sure if this is actually giving spoilers of all the comic.
What do you think it will happen Holla Forums?
My intuition is that Cap is going to kill himself somehow because freedom or something.

*to punch nazis
Fuck, too much time in Holla Forums

lol

Let's not kid ourselves here. This is just Holla Forums's version of the Holla Forums happening threads. Except there's nothing actually happening because the comic book industry isn't nearly as public as the vidya industry.

This board has been watching pretty much nothing happen and reading bad comics out of spite for what, a year now? Two?

Is this confirming they had no plot twist switcheroo planned to explain why he went hydra all along and it was just a stunt to force people to hate white man so they can diversity hire a replacement?

Are we assuming this started with the SJW shit or just talking spite-reading in general? Because Superior Spider-Man was like 4 years ago.

Marvel doesnt really give a shit anymore

Leftists are the biggest lulzcows in the world.

I honestly would be enjoying the milking more if the media and most normalfags weren't on their side 24/7. But I guess seeing Marvel die a slow and painful death is good enough.

I really hate how they're trying to deflect recently because conservatives are a vocal thing again:
"They're just as whiny as SJWS guiz!!!"
"Conservatives need to remember they were the original lolcows"
"This PC bullshit they complain about was in favour of conservatives almost 20 years ago"
Etc. I've just noticed they've been trying to act smug and use common conservative arguments recently, especially after Trump won.
Polite sage

Not only were conservatives indeed just as guilty of this as SJWs are now, but they also used to use pop culture to justify their politics in the same way, but with Captain America, in fact Captain America being pro-America was the biggest problem the left had, because they had trouble squaring the circle between "he's patriotic" and "he's a good person."

I remember seeing an episode of Boston Legal about 10 years ago. In the episode, Candice Bergan was a lawyer who was put in the position of defending gun ownership. She said she couldn't, so that she needed the firm's batshit insane old lawyer who had been considered to have lost his mind (he kept telling people he had mad cow disease). The batshit old lawyer (played by William Shatner) did support second amendment rights, so he takes on the case. His big presentation was to enter the courtroom dressed as a Minuteman, with a tri corner hat, marching in like a soldier, and then salute the jury, and then he said "Denny Crane," which is his name. That was the show's defense of gun rights. The writers couldn't think of a reason why the population should have the right to defend their lives, so the characters in the show therefore couldn't think of a real reason either.

This is how you know that the "culture war" within a medium has already ended.

This has always been particularly annoying to me. I remember this being wrong when Christian fundamentalists and 'think of the children' conservatives did this shit. So it is fairly annoying when this new sjw lefty shit does the same thing.

I am reading the run and captain isn't even a nazi, he killed the red skull and up holding some ancient legacy to protect mankind

Yes, but they think the dying religious right is the same one that trolls the shit out of them

Well, because of their paper thin tolerance for anything outside their own religious doctrine I'd say all of reality is trolling them by its mere existence.

They've also been attempting to appropriate terms like "special snowflake" "safe space" and "triggered" as insults towards anyone slightly left of "militant radical communist" because they've been getting their asses handed to them by shitposters for so long that they think they can be shitposters and win this culture war.

Twist will be that Cap becomes white/male guilt character. As soon as Rogers realizes errors of his ways and feel bad, he will be able to lift Thor's Hammer. From then on he will be a Feminsm/LBTBBQ white male ally, constantly plagued by guilt and self-loathing. That way rooster will be complete, and male SJWs will have someone to represent them too.

Best time is always the transition period, when 'muh children' and 'muh wymyn' sides are too busy with each other to meddle with other things.

They even did that shit in a recent Marvel issue with hispanic Falcon. Shit was cringy as all fucks. A bunch of "SJW" villains attacking a university 'just because' while spouting buzzwords, only for mexico Falcon to stop them and start preaching "true" sjwism, basically the same shit as the bad guys but without all the buzzwords. 4cuck was heavily divided on that shit apparently.

Is the writer really this disconnected from reality?

You know what, user? You're absolutely right. The vast, vast majority of the people complaining nonstop about this online are people who not only haven't read it, but who actively refuse to read it.

And surely we're better than a bunch of whiny twitter and tumblr cunts who complain about comics that they don't read, right?

Because fuck you bigot! That's all it is to them.

I gotta say though, she actually looks prettier and hotter than the real Ann Coulter, so they're not really doing a good job of trying to portray her as the evil mexican-hating strawman they desire. Also those faggy camera flashes in the back are obnoxious. Like its supposed to simulate some grand clash of the titans when its not.

So since Cap's reality got reshaped by some kid with the cosmic cube who wanted Captain back to life and who saw Hydra as good, doesn't that mean that Hydra should be good now or did they just ignore that little line of logic because they can't write their way out of a paperbag?

How exactly can he still be in America? We all know he shouldn't be here legally. so who or what is keeping him from getting chucked back over the border?

And that's that, Holla Forumsmrades. Now, let's go about discussing the merits and many, many flaws of this event in an intelligent and rational fashion, shall we?

He's friends with one of the Avengers.

Boy, it sure must be nice to have political connections, huh?

WHO THE FUCK DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING?

And here I was hopeful for a few pages that the quips wouldn't be too unbearable

Obviously, they will never be addressed. That would mean that these idiots would have to acknowledge that there are things that have far bigger impact than nationality, race, religion, or sexuality. And acknowledging that would also imply that most hipster writers have more privileges than people they demonize.

Sure user. Let us all read Squirl Girl, Spider Woman, Champions and all that obvious shit writing and than make an opinion after we read it. On that same note, let us watch the recent ghostbusters movie because we would have to watch that piece of shit before we make an opinion.

God if there's one thing I hate is just how bullshit brainwashing is in comics… using it as a weapon like that is just retarded.

Reminder that the unedited version of pic-related is a horrifying thing to behold.

Its funny that 9 years ago I would've just laughed this off as some sort of twisted joke by a mean old racist sexist in the moronic youth of my teenhood. My how the times and ideals have changed.

Holla Forums doesn't make up the entirety of the right just so you know. The left are getting attacked by all sides of the right which are steadily growing as well as moderate leftists which are also growing and appreciating conservative values or realizing that they have their purposes. Even those faggots at Holla Forums are doing it, although they're insane in their own way, so they don't really count for anything.

The soccer moms are nowhere near as bad as sjws. Soccer moms were basically your overbearing mother who just wanted to do what she thought was best for you. SJWs are literally extremists who want you dead or to become submissive.

There was always politics in comics, but now they've cranked it up so much that it feels like political and ideological recruitment ads.

I understand this reference.

DC does ads better

Right or wrong he's a dipshit.

Shhhh, don't bring up the plot holes user, you'll hurt Spencer's fee fees.

How are the super heroes breathing in a vacuum?

Because have some fun for once in your life…
Not that these are fun in the slightest.
Also, bad writing.

No I'm serious they have soldiers in space suits, and none of the heroes have them. Even superman had a space suit. They don't even try.

Ugh I remember that shit. It was when some bitch told Captain America that he wasn't fit to be a superhero because he doesn't watch the Simpsons or has a Facebook.

And I'm also serious as well,
the writing is literally just that incompetent.
Welcome to the [current year], where everybody just stopped giving a fuck…
Art is dead, and we fuck it's corpse for pleasure.

Marvel has been unreadable shit ever since the issue where Venom "ate" the Carnage symbiote.

Well, I guess the comic is over right? Cause you know, she can just punch a star portal right to the source of the conflict and punch everything in there into star confetti.

Also I haven't been paying attention to this shit at all, so tell me why Ms. Muslim is all stretchy and shit every time I see her?

They used to bring up a political point, without hammering it home. In Justice League International #1, the bad guys are getting rid of the worlds nukes, political fallout be damned. The Justice League admits they'd like it to happen, but what they're doing is too dangerous. It can be summed up as, "We don't like this but it's complicated as fuck."

If they wanted to use Kamala to make a point about Islam, they should have her rescue a dude who hates Islam for a reason, but point out that not every Muslim is a piece of shit. Instead, we've got a Sheriff forcing a small town to let a Mosque with people inside burn down because THATS JUST WHAT WHITEYS DO, AMIRIGHT?

She's just an Inhuman who was a huge Captain Marvel fangirl and wanted to be like her. I actually like that as reason for her becoming Captain Muslim

Yeah, holy fuck, what are they thinking?

Well, it's obvious what they're thinking, but they still should have a shred of business sense. They think comics are an IP farm for movies, so they're just using Marvel comics to throw shit convenient to their agenda at a wall and see if they can get any of it to stick.

If the people making the movies have any idea what they're doing, they're not going to touch any of that shit. They might've been able to sneak Miles by if that was the only book that they did that with, but they torpedoed their whole lineup.

It's WWE tiers of horrible at this point.

Fuck, I'll even go and say WWE is more interesting because they're trying to make a poo-in-loo jobber a champion, and that's just hilarious. This isn't.

This is on par with Marvel's standards of writing even without pozzed up elements. I am gonna give you an example with Inhumans vs X-Men

I honestly used to bitch only a little about this kind of stuff, especially that space whaling and vegan shit a lot of star wars stories did, but compared to what we have now, that shit was priceless treasure.

Holy shit, they did it. They made a crossover event more retarded than AvX.

I think we can safely say that we are now in a race to the bottom. Let's see who can make the worst shit imaginable.

Marvel comics are so awful that even if they ditched the identity politics completely, they would still be terrible because of event saturation, terrible hero vs hero situations left and right.

Three questions:
Is this supposed to be somebody, or just a generic Marvel fanboy?
Who is the artist?
What's with the pigs?

Page 2, panel 4: Darkseid?

Artist is rpgworm on tumblr

Its Bob "MovieBob" Chipman. He is a raging MCU fanboy that automatically loves every movie they put out and hates on every other superhero franchise like the DCEU, Fox X-Men and the the Amazing Spider-Man. While hatred for them can be justified, his hatred is frequently very irrational and he is extremely biased driven. He got into some hotwater back in 2016 for not liking Deadpool because it wasn't a MCU property and he hated the character because it reminds him of the 90s.

What this guy said. He also makes fun of lolcows like Dresden Codak dude, Kath Leth and other SJW types.

I don't know what they are supposed to represent, but I suppose its tied with the fact Blob has been diagnosed with diabetus.

True dat.

Unoriginal bastards.

The fat fuck is sicker than I thought.

I have to say this: the art is awful. It tries. I give it credit for that. It attempts to be heroic realism. But it's just bad. Rough, sloppy, unfinished, sketchy. If not for the costumes I wouldn't know who most of these characters are.

As for the writing – all I can think is, whatever his actual politics are, Spencer is writing a myth for us. We were lied to, history was rewritten, and we have to be clever and ruthless to take back our world. "It was the city that represented everything we believed in." Who would say that about New York City in the 21st century?

Anyway, I found it simple and a bit rushed, but effective enough for what it is. There is a feeling of being gut-punched when Cap betrays Captain Marvel even when you know it's coming.

They transformed him into Benedict Cucumberbach, or whatever that actor's name is.

Oh, his obsession with hating the 90s is glorious. He correlates his high school bullying with the rise of edgy peter lefield comics

See, I knew he looked familiar! Thank you.

Alpha Flight? A top tier team? Now that's funny.

You shouldn't read it though. It's bad, and everyone knows it. If there's a bucket of shit on the floor, your opinion of "shit tastes terrible" isn't any more true because you decided to chug the fucking thing.

And you're not being ironic or funny by going: "GUYS LOOK, THERE ARE NUMEROUS OTHER BUCKETS OF SHIT JUST LAYING AROUND, LET'S ALL EAT SHIT TOGETHER BECAUSE IT TASTES BAD"

And how are they talking? I mean, even if they don't need to breath in space because superpowers, they would still need air to make sounds.

I don't consider the Inhumans to be heros. They're just superpowered jerks who showed up one day in the marvel canon, dropping a huge fucking castle off the coast of new york. I've never seen them do anything heroic, except for ms marvel and even then her herosim is mostly fighting foes specifically created to be her foil. I think I've seen her stop a random mugging or bank robbery a grand total of 2 times.

Alpha Flight? more like Omega Fall. m i rite?

They have actually been worse than villains in one point. During War of Kings when they fought the Shi'Ar Empire which was governed by Cyclops' evil brother Vulcan (who was considered a mad tyrant even by his own peers), Black Bolt got the idea of detonating a galaxy-wide Terrigen Mist bomb which would turn every single being in the galaxy into an Inhuman, nevermind the horrible consequences this would cause like many being turned into subhuman aberrations or given uncontrollable powers like his own. He didn't care because this would finally turn everyone in the universe into equals. Even Vulcan, the power-craze despot that killed his own father, thought that was too much.

Marvel on the other hand really wants to push them down on our throats and make us buy they are heroes. Notice how in the IvX, its the X-Men who are the aggressors and they attacked first while the Inhumans are minding their business. Even though they don't care what happens to the world if they are negatively affected by the Terrigen cloud and will attack anyone if they try to do something about it.

You're telling me the entire reason that this even happened is because nobody told the inhumans that the cloud is deadly to mutants?

This story telling… it disgusts me. Speaking of shit story telling…

Ok, I legit started one of those 'ask the questions of the narrative' lists to try and demonstrate just how retarded the premise was, but the list got way to long with increasingly stupid plot holes.

But I'll leave you with just one.

Why not just unplug the shield and plug it back in when the big heroes get through to the right side?

If the shield is keeping your heavy hitters out, and its being used by the enemy, all you have to do is take down the shield and they'll come back.

Oh, is it because Cap has to succeed SO HARD in the first issue that the rest of the series can be him being brought back to the side of justice through admitting his white guilt?

Supposedly they want to have them replace mutants to spite Fox.

I think he was talking about brainwashing as it's used in that particular comic. Shield soldiers listen to a few seconds of audio and just abruptly change sides.

That's indeed what I was talking about.

Like if all you need is a few seconds of audio to change sides then how is it even possible to have not taken over the world yet? Just literally walk around with a few of those devices and nobody will be able to stop you.

Hell, why do you even need nazi cap via some cosmic cube shit when you could just walk by him with a boombox and turn him into a nazi? And that's just assuming the technology wont work on audio transmissions.

the writers of this stuff often treat mind control as a jedi mind trick. meaning that it doesn't affect those with a 'strong will', which is basically just an excuse so the heroes don't succumb to the power and lose,

It adds an additional requirement to control a main character, and also I guess adds a commentary about how weak willed soldiers are apparently.

That's fine, since I'm not trying to be ironic or funny, Mr. Trips. Everyone agrees with you that Secret Empire is terrible, and I certainly don't blame you if you don't want to waste time reading it.

And on that note, let's begin Secret Empire #1, everyone.

You know, when your writing is so bad that a massive monster doesn't move the 3 feet necessary to kill a character just so they can walk away with a 'victory' it removes any semblence of tension from things.

Cap just has god powers. And he'll continue to have them until for no discernible reason he looses. Because the heroes have to win.

This is a crime against fiction we're witnessing.

And that's that yet again, folks.

Seeing all those tie-ins being advertised would probably leave me rather annoyed if I was actually regularly reading Marvel comics.

Funny because his restaurants suck big time

Why is the Captain America picture on the box upside down?

wtf why is there 2 iron mans?

Wow that's pathetic. It must be even worse for him now due to the rise in 90's nostalgia.

Something about the white house looks… off.

I miss the 90's

Diversity was way easier to accept when it was the Burger King Kids Club and Extreme Ghostbusters method of race and sex being more or less incidental.

Secretary of defense is a woman. Most unrealistic thing here.

Only way I can see shit sort itself out and for us to get something like a society/media reset is if some huge and distracting event happens that keeps humanity distracted for a prolonged period. Like a civil war or ww3, but I don't want leave my couch in case of danger, so I don't see another for shit to get unfucked.

Because one of them is a teenage female black supergenius who built her own armor by ripping off Tony's designs and stealing the parts for it from college students.

Oh, and also, Tony is currently dead and nobody knows who the hell is in the other armor.

When did they get a new Giant Man?

Maybe we'll get lucky and one of those diseases they keep saying are threats will actually be something more than the sniffles?

So the whole plot is that they want to cosmic cube to go back and win WW2 because that will change everything and make none of this matter.

WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT PLAN BEFORE.

Its actually a lot worse than that.

Everyone knew that the cloud is toxic to mutants, but the Inhumans didn't give a shit. Cyclops is considered worse than Hitler for daring to make the cloud non-toxic to mutants and he payed with his life for it. Any attempt at defusing the conflict in a peaceful manner would actually make things worse for everyone because the Inhumans consider it too sacred for anyone to mess with it. The only reason the X-Men even consider the violent route is because the Inhumans can't be reasoned with and believe their culture justify anything and since they are going to die anyway, they would soon go out in a blaze than in a whimper. At the end of the event, they have the Inhumans contradict themselves and disperse the Terrigen cloud because the plot calls for it; the writers realized they can't have the Inhumans been too unsympathetic they solve the conflict in one stroke so that casual readers can have a reason to like them.

Yeah we all know that. They have been doing a shit job at it because the Inhumans were not terribly interesting characters to begin with (they were not superheroes, they are background noise) and they are harder to sympathize even on a basic level unlike the X-Men.

the fuck is up with that gun the grips flat as fuck

I'm more concerned about the big red Sargent Slaughter they've got going on there.

That's General Thunderbolt Ross, the Red Hulk.

Wait..I did read ONE issue of USAvengers (the 1st issue in fact..dropped it as soon as I see the dyke couple)..pretty sure that ain't Ross.

Who fucking knows anymore. They probably replaced him with a Brazillian Tranny in a book that no one read anyways.

Nah, the new Red Hulk is that guy who send in American Kaiju in Standoff…that other crappy crossover.

So you're saying that we need a real life Ozymandias.

Honestly carol you'll probably just get us all killed. I'll stick with Hydra Captain.

What the fuck they already have 20 spidermans are they gonna make an "iron man family" too?
This is fucking retarded.
You know what would be kinda cool? A full AI robot iron man with a dramatic reveal showing that no one is in the armor
But no, just make a female niglet and some rando and kill the real iron man. Fucking retards

You know what would have made Riri acceptable? If they approached it like Whor and built stories about the mystery of who it is. No gender/race politics, just a person in an Iron suit doing super things with Tony's support. Although, this requires that Ironiglet be an endearing character so that we care who it is. They flubbed that with Whor.

Oh? I've never heard this before.

It would help that Iron Man is a character where this actually works, and not stealing a dude's given fucking name like with Thor.

No, what would have made it acceptable is if they used Rhodes's previously introduced niece who Stark was already training off-screen.

Also her uncle freakin died so if anyone had reason to step up and become a new Iron Man or better yet War Machine it would be her.

Kind of amazing they didn't bring her on. It really was a much better fit. And you could even have a neat plot about her and Tony ai working to find a new iron man and get into their relationship before time constraints force her into the armor.

A serious waste.

No, the plot is either:
That already happened, they want to undo it.
Someone convinced a ton of hydra guys that it happened, and they want to undo it, but they'll actually be doing it the first time.

Nostradamus and the illuminates guy from the comic that reveals how shield fought galactus led by galileo were there in #0, wasn't expecting that. That would mean that hydra is the real shield.

I don't understand why they keep making the same mistake. The replacements are almost always someone completely new instead of an established character. And then they have to have other characters talk about how amazing the new character is while a strawman gets beaten up for not liking the replacement.

Jack Kirby was a jew and wrote that Ben Grim was also a jew. However, Jack rarely, if ever, mentioned this facet of Ben in the comics. Ben was more than just his faith and heritage.

Then I read the stuff by modern guys and I realize how far comics have fallen.

Blame Bendis and his desire to be black.

You could always have the Kyle Rayner situation where every character kept saying how much better Hal was.

That's a better approach. Make a character have to earn the respect of others by instead of everyone just praising them for no real reason other than the author trying to force people to like the character.

New Reaction Image?

Another alternative would have been to make the girl genius build her own shittier iron man by running around superhero fights picking up what scraps fell off of Tony's suit, and building a ghetto-rigged Iron man suit that was random pieces of high tech Stark equipment welded together with shitty pieces that looked like they were off of the Mark I from the first Iron Man movie. I also would have preferred Rhodies' niece, but using a new character isn't inherentely shit. But no, they had to choose basically the worst possible character route imaginable.

The "everyone loves and accepts themo ff the bat was actually done well with Miles' introduction, but the only reason it worked was because every person in existence was reeling from the guilt of having taken part in Peter's death to some degree. No one ever said Miles was better, just that they didn't want to watch another Spider-man die under their watch.

This might be the pinnacle of all retarded Marvel events. You got the perfect mix of needless MCU bullshit.

And the worst that CURRENT YEAR Marvel as to offer.

This shit reads like fanfiction from someone who has only watched the movies and read the big events. How many fucking events does Marvel have that feature a resistance? House of M, Secret Invasion, Civil War, etc? There's even Nitro blowing shit up like this is Civil War. I'm so numb to this by now, I'm not even angry.

>The people love Trump HYDRA! And the market is up! And there are new jobs! And new Trade deals AND- smash cut to a bunch of villains discussing how to manipulate and abuse the country. Subtle.

This is just the worst kind of trash.

I don't know what they're trying to do with the depiction of hydra america, it's clearly supposed to be evil but isn't really, all their evil plans are working and giving people jobs, they're raising lifespan, even their pravda retcons are actually true!

Was rick james like jimmy olsen but for Captain america?

Rick Jones was like Jimmy Olsen for the entire marvel universe, although he's most tied to the origin of the Hulk and the Avengers. Also he was sort of like Billy Batson to the marvel Captain Marvel, but with a separate consciousness.

Oh, he was hulk's friend in his first run (first solo run? I've only read a few reprints) right? Thanks for the reminder.

I'm not even mad this is just mediocre. What a waste of paper.

That is exactly the point Spencer is trying to make. He is making a Donald Trump parallel by showing how casual fascism can be if you dress it up nicely enough. Trump is or at least was until recently the "internet trolls" and "memelords" ' darling and they worship him as "God-Emperor" (never mind that was mostly ironic) and Captain America is doing similar shi as . The best part is that all of this is getting lost on the audience who are still very livid about Captain America being a Nazi all along and paralleling a character with a politician like Trump is only making things worse.

Not to mention how all those marvel voice actors are sperging out about how you need to punch and kill any conservative person and how they deserve anything. You even had the cap himself talking about how that one guy who punched some of those antifa faggots after getting attacked by them deserves to be killed or beaten up even after a video showed he was attacked first.

You know, I like that it actually has some attempt to say something, but I feel that the author lacks the ability to properly convey his message. He needs to have that dissonance between the booming economy and improvement of healthcare with the cost of those benefits. Things like freedom and basic human rights.

I'm also wondering when comic writers are going to realize that portraying Trump as a villain is a compliment more than an insult. Making him a villain implies that he's competent.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Is he trying to show that whatever cap is doing is bad, but doing so poorly? There are some things that if emphasized could do this, like the chemtrails they're using, but they're just lightly tossed in. From what we see of a normal person's life they just threw skulls everywhere and made the streets safe at night. There's no sense of unease or fear. If we hadn't seen at the beginning that the retcon happened, the classroom scene would show that they don't care about the truth – but we did, Hydra had Nostradamus and one of Isaac Newton's goons there. They really did know what was going to happen, and the history classes are just setting things right. We see masked goons a few times – but they're just a SWAT team doing a drug bust in one, and they're chasing a guy with stolen info about dark elves or something in the other. Even the scene of aerial bombardment of vegas: a bit extreme, but it was full of traitors or something.

The most worrying part is really the way they talk in the council room, Zemo warns Zola about nothing, which suggests they will fall to infighting. Then we find out he isn't even OG Hydra, so Hydra probably has a better management and cooperation style than that. The scene with madame hydra reinforces this.

The core of Spencer's message is that Captain America is a bad guy just like Donald Trump, and they are both able to get away with stuff they pull because people don't know any better and they use similar methods to gain the population's approval like opening the market, creating jobs and new trades. In reality, they are both fascists that want the population to willingly give up their freedom to them. That is what is Spencer is trying to say. But as pointed out, he is completely terrible at conveying this message and by setting up a character like Captain America as a strawman, the message is lot.

*the message is lost

The problem with this kind of social and political commentary is that it doesn't make any fucking sense and doesn't actually reflect reality.. which leads to insanely broad strokes being used as an attack on actual people and events. First and foremost being that Trump is not a fascist by any stretch. If he was, there would be no voting and no cooperation with congress.. Instead, he's played by the rules the entire time and done nothing to infringe the rights of the people nor hindered the operation of the government.

The second big problem is that Nick Spencer and his faggot brigade don't actually know what fascism is like, because they never bothered to crack open a history book. Communism and Socialism has resulted in far more fascism than the short lived nazi party and their intensely liberal objectives.

When you make a strawman too over-the-top, the point the author is trying to make gets lost in the ridiculousness of the situation. Just look at the Ferengi in early TNG.

I know a Captain America cosplayer. He's really good, actually.
The other day he posted on Facebook about how all the sjw rhetoric was making him feel suicidal as a white male. Not in so many words, of course. Despite this he didn't show any sign of thinking perhaps he should rethink his beliefs if they made him feel this way.
The point of this blog was: why do they do it? Why participate in a cult that hates you?

The usual cannibalism I see.

Any nuance or detail in the story might make it sound halfway competent. And we can't have that.

You would think an event called SECRET empire would be better served if it was a much longer series that saw Captain Hydra use an attack as an excuse to become 'commander and chief' and then slowly and subtly whittle away at the rights of the population as the country slowly becomes a propaganda blinded police state. With Americas current political struggles serving to blur the line between just how far the country has already gone down this road. With many of the 'evil' acts done in side stories to explain things. Like why the military is suddenly all evil or how schools are teaching new curriculum and spying on families, rather than just saying a brainwashing device did it (which, if true, would render the whole point moot as nobody would step out of line because they would be controlled).

However, if you thought that, you're wrong. It's much better for this insidious takeover of the government simply happen because of brain magic and everything going perfectly for the villains massive multi-country, multi-planet, multi-month plan without so much as a hint that things were off. The bigger and more flashy (((SECRET))) empire is, the better. And nothing says subtle like a massive energy shield around the planet and massive sky ships firing death lasers on huge swaths of civilians doing nothing.

SECRET!!!!!!

Hopefully he learns to just laugh at SJW lunacy and that way he can keep being the captain. The sooner he learns to absorb their pain and anguish and feed off their tears, the better.

Captain America cosplayers are usually the most bro-tier

You know, I would be happy knowing that this fucking shit is tanking with critics and audiences alike because that would be the final nail in the coffin for identity politics being used as substance for Marvel comics… But since its established Marvel has problems beyond retarded politics and they are only going to double down on in the future… There is no hope for them improving ever. All we can hope is that they crash.

Exactly. Say what you will about his methods, but his plan was pretty damn solid.

Not really. If either side had launched nukes as an immediate reaction to the destruction before realizing it was caused by the fake psychic alien thing instead of waiting to see what caused it his plan would've been fucked.

Those systems weren't fascist. They were totalitarian, as fascism, Nazism, and Stalinist all are. However, there are vast differences between a far-right fascist state and a far-left Stalinist state. They have different goals, different ideology, and different ways of enforcing their control.

Since the author is attempting to show a casual rise of a Nazi-esq fascist state, outside of brutality, your suggestion doesn't make sense.

Sage for not being on topic or Holla Forums related.

FTFY

I love this.

But instead of a monster, use something that cannot be solved with weapons of mass destruction. Like a disease, invasive animal, civil conflict, fake meteor hologram. Ozy's plan would've worked, it was the method he used to achieve it. Give everyone something more scary to focus on instead of petty political and social squabbles about lunatics demanding 'bathroom rights'. But instead make it something that they know they can't defeat or feels like an incoming threat. Like a meteor or some shit or maybe a conflict where you know weapons of mass destruction would only do more damage to you than to your enemies. Or a disease that seems incurable and causes symptoms that seem fatal or horrid but can be easily cured and Ozy had the cure stashed away and would reveal it when the time was right as some sort of breakthrough. Yes, its farfetched, but this is comic book hypotheticals here.

You're correct in that what he's talking about is actually totalitarianism, but Nazism and early Stalinism were both pretty fascist in their governmental structures.

Thank you.

This storyline could be neat if they actually played it a s a huge betrayal initially and then worked their way to some kind of "Hydra has humanities best interests in mind" like a Doom type scenario. Hell, you could go all the way and make Hydra the good guys and the hero resistance could be those who refuse to let go of their preexisting paradigms and really question what it means to do the right thing.

But I really shouldn't be expecting Watchmen level writing from current year Marvel.

That can't be right. Can it?

It's been like three years, so one every two months? I think MMOs have events at about that rate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publication_history_of_Marvel_Comics_crossover_events
Yep. There have been 23 events in total between Age of Ultron and Secret Empire.

Marvel's version of subtlety and narrative tact is to blurt out exactly what is going to happen and how it will likely resolve either in the first issue, or in some issue that takes place after the event has concluded but is released while the event is taking place.

For instance, telling everyone that Iron Man was "dead" and Doom was replacing him before Civil War 2 was even halfway done.

Hell, given how the title for that one was 'The Infamous Iron Man', they could have done a little deceptive marketing for it by just calling him 'Iron Man', and never once using Doom's name, and implied that the plot of the book was about Tony trying to deal with the fallout from Civil War II.

Fans would still be complaining when the time came and it was released, but at least they wouldn't have sucked all the tension out of their big summer event.

Ok but the whole point of Ozzy's plan is that it would only provide short term peace if it worked. Eventually, people would go back to fighting due to human nature.

You know that would be actually pretty interesting.

Yes, but once peace breaks down, you bring out a new thread, and once that threat is taken care of and the second era of peace breaks down, you bring out the next threat, and once the third era of peace breaks down, you bring back Threat Classic™ just like old times but somewhat improved. Then we release three new threats for the next three generations, but then bring back another classic from the first 3 gens. Then lather, rinse, repeat and we can just keep rehashing the same threats every gen with some new gimmick or enhancement, and no one will even be able to tell the difference since a classic threat™'s return would always take place every 2000 years by this point, and the whole thing could always be handled by an organization of loyalists sworn to Ozy's plan, but then you'd probably have some morally skewed asshole ruin the whole thing somewhere down the line who reveals everything to the public and ruins the entire project because "muh humanity can learn to work together", but they don't and then it leads to complete distrust and paranoia and massive riots break out and a world war follows suit and its all over. Great job Frank, you idealistic bullshitter! You just couldn't keep your damn mouth shut, could ya?

Ok now that's pretty interesting. Kind of reminds me of snowpiercer.

But how could nations fight in something like that if no one in them trusts each other or the government. It'd be more likely that shit goes crazy and countries just individually go ass up and try to overthrow the government, only to be manipulated by clandestine agencies into eventually following suit again. Then people start fighting again and you bring back Threat Classic™ and it works because state education has mindfucked people into forgetting about it.

That's actually not a bad idea…

His plan was garbage, for a couple of reasons.

1) Rorsach's journal. Even if you write it off as being published in the era equivelant of infowars, it's still a narrative that runs counter to the ozymandius narrative.

2) The squid awakened psychics all over the world. In the closing pages of Watchmen, this tidbit was dropped out there. How long could the world last now populated by psychics on both sides of the cold war?

3) How long could both sides of the cold war endlessly prepare against a foe that simply does not exist? his plan was a one shot plan that brought back both countries from the brink of war, but for true unification in the face of outside aggression, they would need a reoccuring threat, or otherwise relations would sour again like after world war 2.

Ozy's plan was full of holes, any one of them could unravel the uneasy, momentary peace he created.

Hydra is good.

Forgot image.

It's like the writers paste Holla Forums posts into every bubble, but not the typical shitposts about Moonman and rope, I mean the more articulated posts that come from reasonable and justifiable viewpoints. Which only makes Skully there seem reasonable and justified because very little of that page sounded all that evil, especially coming from a man with a skull for a face.

The only explanation for how these writers keep doing this, constantly, is because they hear about all the concerns and views the right-wing has, and dismisses all of them as the babblings of crazy noose-tying cross-burning goose-stepping psychopaths, without actually thinking about them. "A conservative said it, so it must be wrong. They dislike crime? Crime must be good! They dislike poverty? Poverty must be good!"

Because I definitely can't think of a more reasonable explanation for how consistent they fail at making the villains actually be villainous, other than someone is secretly redpilled and trying to make them look good intentionally as subliminal messaging.

Why is Red Skull wearing a tan suit? I get they can't have him wearing a swastika, but was it that hard to give him a black suit? Also, Red Skull always is lacking when the artist doesn't give him his huge brow.

Right now, I'm torn on how I feel about the author including "real world issues" in Red Skull's speech. On the one hand, realizing that a fascist system could rise based on our own personal feelings toward an issue and how our emotions can be manipulated to surrender everything we hold dear gives me pause. On the other hand, I feel using current and contentious issues is bound to put the reader into "politics mode" and they'll fail understand the message.

Of course, I could just be giving the author too much credit.

Who?

Double dubs confirm, Holla Forums is the most spineless board in the whole site, only behind /r9k/.

Um what? Why?

I can see it now

Because it's silly.

You have a lot to learn about modern comics, casual.

It could be either way. He is certainly better than most other Marvel writers.
I just don't know what to make of Spencer. On one hand he wrote decent stuff like Superior Foes of Spider-Man and Bedlam, with some mediocre things like Morning Glories, but then he wrote bunch of crap for Marvel. Guy is all over the board.

At this point it looks like they are German-level crazy, and think that anyone who sees swastika turns into a Nazi.

Why not? Black, gray, and tan were common colors of Nazi uniforms.

Sometimes they overdo it, and Red Skull ends up looking like red Ben Grimm.

Cap's face in the second panel makes for good reaction fodder.

He is almost comically grizzled in these scenes.

Yes I noticed hardly any modern comic has swastikas. Is there a law now or is it some kind of politically correct thing?

What's the point in writing nazi characters and not giving them the main nazi symbol?

Was Power Pack the only Marvel comic where the events actually consistently moved the plot forward?

Take a wild fucking guess.

Shit, really? I didn't know burgerland became so cucked.

Sorry, I had to.

And Hitler's writings are a dangerous form of mind control that turn poorly conditioned goyim into nazis after only a few unfootnoted lines.

Im moving

Red Skull originally had a big ass swastika on his chest. By modern standards, that would seem silly (but apparently a near immortal Nazi wearing a big red skull mask isn't). So they try to be more serious by removing that and any other Nazi regalia.

It's a thing like making the Penguin a mutant or something. It's shit they do to make it seem like they aren't writing stories about guys in tights fighting crime.

wut?

Is marvel secretly a money laundering scheme or something?

The comics industry is one long con-game.

I can't be the only one who not only doesn't care about crossover events, but is actively repulsed by them, right? I dislike even the "good" ones because when I read a comic, I want to read a story from beginning to end. Having it interrupted by a whole bunch of assholes, written by different people, with different tones and themes and shit, and not knowing what the hell is going on anymore because they're all intertwined with each other and I suddenly need to read like 8 different books to follow the plot - is this not what is killing comics?

I've never seen one of these events as highly praised as a single, well-told story like Watchmen or DKR (no matter your personal feelings on either of them). I saw a webm of Max Landis mentioning that No Man's Land was the last good example of one of these kinds of events; that's the example I use for why I never even bother with them! To actually follow everything that happened in that story you would have had to buy 12 different comic lines.

And I get that crossovers are cool and shit, but it honestly feels like if you're not plugged into a company's entire franchise, you're left out of half the plot, even if you only care about a few characters. And they think that's going to make people buy into all their lines instead of driving them into a saner medium. A character can't grow anymore - it takes a damned good writer to make a character really show themselves when they're surrounded by a team, and there are few of those left in the industry. The moment they show an ounce of popularity, everyone in their damn universe is cooing over them. Hell, Wolverine featured in Kamila's first plotline. Because why not!

Sometimes I wonder what people who don't read comics think of them.

Long shot, but I would dearly appreciate a webm of the line from the Lost in Space movie, "They eat their wounded!" It so perfectly fits in with what they do.

Whoops, accidentally deleted the link to >848429

Why on earth would you want that?!

I want to dance in the flames.

Man, Sharon looks like shit.

At least we are still allowed to have swastikas and blood in general in wolfenstein and other games unlike how in Europe where they censor them.

Essentially yes, but the problem is they're written as bad, and that everything good they say as seen here is just a front because at the end of the day, Marvel will still just make them 1 dimension evil doers who just want to conquer shit and ruin everything despite the intense potential for good that could be written.

Because swastikas are marked as a hate symbol by the ADL and as such can't be shown anywhere, even within historical context. Hell, Captain Planet couldn't even get away with actually making Hitler look like Hitler, much less show a swastika.

Same thing in the Looney Tunes Show.

When did Captain Planet fought Hitler?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This thread just keeps getting better

He was simply called the dictator, despite obviously being Hitler.

His minions even call him the fuhrer.

How convenient for the jew

I got some more fake swastikas from cartoons if you guys want me to post the rest.

So not only can a can of garbage kill this guy but you can even hate him to death? What a fucking pussy.

A bunch of cartoon characters have fought stand-ins for Hitler or nazis in general. Hey Arnold and Historia are the only ones I recall where they actually used his name.

I think you mean Histeria newfriend.

Yes please!

S is for Savage.

Another S for super nazi or something.

Frownies.

Since when? They were shown in Danger Girl in the late 90s, and in the reprint a few years ago.

Lmao what's the source for this?

Did Deadpool's time travel thing with Hitler have any swastikas? Can't seem to find any.

As soon as book ties into a cross-over event or has a crossover that requires buying more than one series to follow I dropped it automatically. This and increasingly shitty quality of books led me to not buying from big two, and not reading Marvel at all.

Not entire Europe is Germany. Games are not censored even in conservative nations like Poland. Besides, developers can put nudity and sexual content in European releases without triggering feminists, ERSB, and are not forced to either remove risque content or risking having their game pulled from American retailers.

Oh good so cape readers do that too, I thought I was fucking crazy.
I fucking hate it when the comic I'm reading doesn't make any sense because I'm "expected" to buy a bunch of other comics with it.

From what I heard, Europe is generally more accepting of sex and more sensitive towards violence/gore (in media). It's the opposite case for USA where violence is fine but sex is taboo.

Nazis and WWII content could count as "violence" to Eurocucks so that's why it might get censored.

I wasn't much of a fan of Hey Football Head, but I did see my fair share of episodes. So when in the flying fuck did they need to talk about Hitler?! Was it in the Jew Recruitment episode?

The only good Marvel events I can think of are Infinity Gauntlet, the 1st Secret Wars and Infinity Wars. With modern events it seems like the only way to understand them is to read them in trade paperback.

You know with that mustache he looks like Stalin. The only thing that reminded me that was Hitle was the german accent.

I used to be a fan of it, but after rewatching it, the series really is crap. The only thing worthwhile about it was season 1. That shit was golden and moving. Everything else just degenerated into awful plots or forced moral crap.

It's a mask? I thought it was his actual face by this point. I can't keep this shit straight.

That is one gloriously glitzy UFO.

For modern comics it is his face. Originally, he wore a mask and used this red dust that turned people's face into a skull like shape that resembled his mask. Eventually he was exposed to the same dust and his face turned into a red skull.

It's like a giant dredle

Is that things rotation and flight powered by bullets? Like the recoil is keep it up? Because that is stupid in a kind of awesome way.

Sounds similar to Joker Venom. Did it make them all goosesteppers?

Nah, it was just a signature murder weapon, just like Joker venom.
Actually in the Captain America/Batman team up, Joker and Red Skull nailed each other with their chemicals, and it did nothing. They realised that the dust and venom were too similar, and since they were each immune to their own weapons…

That would look more like this.

Soooo, where's the 'Hail Hydra' line Cap says to a bound and gagged guy?

A lot changes in two decades.

This has been an issue for a while and could be fairly interesting if used properly in some stories, but there's often the problem that liberal writers would misinterpret reality to such a degree that their stories wouldn't feel right.

Like in Watchdogs 2, they made one of the bad guys a fat, dyed hair, tumblr stand-in, yet made the character right wing.

They often have a belief in the equality of outcomes. If a group is committing more crime than another, it's taken as evidence that group is unfairly targeted. If people are poor then it's evidence that there are people forcing them to be poor.

So comments like from Red Skull about the refugees are supposed to be wrong in the author's mind because their "fanatical beliefs" can't really be bad, they can't really be causing more violence, and they can't really be bombing cities as people are suggesting. The author also is believing the idea that these refugees are really even refugees.

People on the left often are familiar with the arguments coming from the right regarding issues such as crime, immigration, and terrorism, they just don't normally reiterate those ideas when responding to them. It's what leads to interviews with those on the right where they will keep asking the same question a dozen times, they don't accept the answers they're receiving as legitimate because it isn't addressing their personal views. Tucker Carlson has started doing the exact same thing on his show recently and it has many on the left feeling it's completely insane.

youtu.be/k2mjKyosfSs

You need to take the message and apply it to yourself for you to get the warning.

For example, lets say you are against the refugee situation in Europe. Well, here's Red Skull talking about how much he hates the refugee situation and if you support him, he'll keep them off of American shores and make the country the land of opportunity again. Now Red Skull presumably wants to install an ideology based fascist dictatorship with himself at the head and all of society subject to his views. Those who supported Red Skull based on his rhetoric have unintentionally sacrificed their rights and freedoms because they let their emotions cloud their judgement.

It's a message that should be able to resonate with everyone, regardless of political affiliation.

The ADL don't actually have any authority

breitbart.com/sports/2017/05/05/espns-leftward-lurch-explained-disney-ceo-may-run-democrat-nomination-using-network-curry-favor-leftists/
archive.is/wQVSO

Worth it to secure a future for white children.

But they do have sufficient influence.

It's only a warning if you're somehow bothered by the idea of keeping out pseudo-refugees.

In context of that comic, it follows up with them quickly getting into acting like terrorists, but that doesn't make the message posed by Red Skull on that one page somehow wrong.

It would make as much sense to have the author having Red Skull making an argument for a single payer healthcare system and have that lead to followers wanting to install a fascist government with him at the head.

And there's people on this board who bought Marvel's intention to go back to its previous status quo from before social justice Kool-aid. Just take a look at this garbage, Marvel's beyond any salvation.

We already have a thread on that.

That sounds pretty interesting. Reminds me of that bit from one of the Injustice comics where Catwoman said that people joined Dictator Superman for single payer healthcare and other stuff like that.

It got deleted.

Oh shit.

I wanted to post this on the thread before it got deleted, but I could see a couple of libtards rallying behind this idea for the exact same reason people did for Trump… Simply there were no better alternative. Sanders was controlled opposition from day one and Hillary couldn't win even with the media on her side. I'd say Sanders would have a better chance at winning because he is more of a people's person than Hillary and the majority of people that didn't vote were disgruntled Bernie supporters. I noticed that leftists tried to co-opt the other side's tactics like engaging in meme warfare and shit like this broad archive.is/p27PB that came to the realization nobody likes standing around feminists who complain and are offended by everything, but it fell flat because their meme quality is dreadful and its in their nature to be eternally offended and they can't help themselves.
Who knows? Brianna "I fought the alt-right and won" Wu is running for congress, nevermind its obvious for anyone its a naked grab for power and her policies help nobody but herself and her circle of friends.

shit, my bad. i fucked up.

I hope Briana fails. The downfall would be spectacular to watch.

Which page is that on?

You're right that they could be telling a story about how listening to people telling you they'll give you what you want can lead to bad outcomes, because you are vulnerable to con men – but we're not here to do their job for them, that doesn't seem to be the message contained in this story.

She is pretty much guarantee to fail. Less insane dems are aware that someone like her couldn't possibly benefit them in anyway.

This meme dragged out to the docks, have its feet dipped in cement, and chucked into the bay. Just because these upper middle class ass hats can't do an actual hard day's work doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of hard working Americas who'd be more than happy for the work.

Actually, I think American's actually wouldn't be willing to do this work, at least not for what the illegals will do it for. See if all the illegal labor in this country disappeared, all of these underhanded employers couldn't get away with screwing the citizens who filled them up. They couldn't wave deportation over their employees heads, and that'd really be a pebble in their shoe.

Hey Arnold

That's literally it, though. The reason why Americans won't take the jobs is because the employers are trying to hire people to work out in the field like slaves, with no benefits, for minimum wage and long hours. Literally the only ones okay with that are illegal immigrants.

They are okay with it until they realize they are only payed half of what an American citizen would. Then they realized they are being unfairly treated and demand equal pay.

That's when more immigrants come to take the job.

which marvel comics are actually selling for them to continue like this again? Like, they have to be making some form of profit for this to continue, specially since the half time shitty movies aren't part of all-time shitty comics anymore, right?

Star Wars comics are the only thing keeping this shit afloat.

FUCK YOU YOU XENOS LOVING BITCH, HAIL HYDRA

where did the last decade go

The movie studio has been pulled away and made into its own separate entity, yes. Marvel Comics, however, still gets profits from the cartoons and related merchandising, so they still get to turn a profit even when the comics are bleeding money into the gutter.

So basically all the other parts of Marvel are subsidizing their comics?

I thought she already started to fail with that awful Scifi SyFy channel documentary. And she's running for congress now to boot.

Also, yeah, good idea Syfy, alienate your "fanbase" even more than you already have with all your stupid decisions by attacking nerds to boot.

Meant for

True I can see that. Though I heard Syfy was starting to get good because of the Expanse?

Pretty much. And that makes it so they can afford to make all sorts of retarded mistakes with the comics and not have to learn a damn thing.

Possibly it could, but my point was that the writing being done for a lot of these comics is like the stereotypical argument comic. They're shoving in a political position into the mouths of those acting as the villains without properly developing the escalation from point A to point Z.

To use the healthcare example, it wouldn't make sense to have someone doing a rally saying we need single payer healthcare and talking about the values of it, then immediately his followers are fire bombing peoples' offices. Wanting single payer, does not make you commit violence.

You could have a lengthy story about how things escalate to get to that point, but in the original Red Skull comic there is nothing done to demonstrate how things escalate.

I'm not sure why this seems hard for to understand, which seems to be the case since he seems to think my problem with the writing was purely because some political view was demonized.

STOP

Nick Spencer is going to get redpilled, even if he doesn't want to. Nothing he does will ever please them.

I kind of hope so. I like some of his work.

He was the only person working for Marvel who said that it's not okay to punch Nazis and that punching Richard Spencer was retarded. Nick Spencer is a liberal moron, but he has principles.

Why?

See

If it's anything like ESPN, Disney is letting libshit flow despite the cost because their CEO is going to run for president in 2018 and it makes him look good to big leftist donors.

Sorry, the way you explained it made it seem like another "muh liberals" post.

The whole thing has a lot of problems, and it's mostly because, as you say, shit isn't explained.

What is Red Skull's political ideology? Why should we, as the reader, disagree with it? You can't just say "Well, he's a Nazi". You have to explain to people what the political philosophy of National Socialism was so that we could have an idea of what makes Red Skull's scheme so villainous. Having Red Skull give a small diatribe about how the current system is weak, blaming "undesirables" for America's problems, and extolling how the US needed a strong leader to overcome crises would've been more than enough.

Why should we give a shit about the refugees? Who are these refugees? In the context of the comics, what have they done to deserve hate? Is this hate justified? If it isn't justified, why not show us that it's all been overblown? It would make Red Skull seem like an actual villain if he was using fear of outsiders to scare people into making him an American Fuhrer.

You could go on and on. If you didn't watch the news or browse Holla Forums you'd have no fucking idea what's going on, which murders whatever message the writer was attempting.

Also, why the fuck is Red Skull's rally so drab? The guy's a Nazi, bad guys known for their theatricality. Is it because they wanted it to be more "realistic"? They're writing a fucking skull faced super-villain trying to be the next Hitler. Fucking go all out.

While I am one of the many who love to give the Ben Garrinson treatment to him by calling him Nick "The Kids Are Alt-Right" Spencer, in all seriousness, its unlikely that he is anywhere near close to redpilled. He is aware that SJWs are harmful to his movement's cause (just look at the Bombshells from Captain Falcon), but he thinks conservatives are way more dangerous.

Sorry dubs. Spent so much time without even thinking about this moron I forgot to address to him properly.

Why do they do this kind of shit! These "nerd" outlets like Marvel and Syfy all take a massive shit on the fanbase that helped them grow. Whatever happened to "Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

All these people who cry about privilege and evil nerds and shit are themselves usually privileged middle-class idiots who have been biting the hand for years. The hand is just too stupid to stop feeding them.

The executives behind movie and TV studios are fucking idiots.

They try jumping on anything they think is the big new fad. Just look at how Comedy Central did the show Problematic which complains about everything being problematic. They noticed people were joking about SJWs and they tried getting in on the act, but because the people running their network are themselves SJWs they ended up making a show that just pandered to the people that most are joking about.

Yeah, the whole "realism" to the Red Skull rally is so annoying. I guess they wanted to go with like an underground rightwing militia movement but even then that was more of a thing in the 90's not now.

The core problem with farming is that it basically requires low wages and long hard hours to be economically viable. You can't really fudge on it because agriculture is at the absolute base of the economic trophic pyramid. In the absence of illegal migrant workers or slaves and the presence of minimum wage laws the only solution that could allow ag to keep trucking as it is now would be 100% automation.

So if it's not produced for pennies in the US, it'll be produced for pennies somewhere else. But no burgers' jobs are lost. So the question is: how many farms that earnings actually trickle down from are lost?

Fine by me. Robots are clean and create jobs maintaining them.

Isn't it trickle UP, though? I thought the people making bank from ag in the US were companies like Monsanto that are basically bilking farmers out of money for seeds and banning them from replanting new crops without paying up. (aside; while it's true that using GMO crops leads to massive initial increases in yields, I've been following studies that seem to indicate that over time, they encourage over-exploitation of the soil and result in dustbowls less productive than the initial land) And the factory farms for livestock that basically farm suffering for money. And all of them sucking up subsidies from the government, since their lobby is huge.

The effects of the collapse of the industrial agriculture industry in America don't really seem that clear-cut to me. It could result in a massive redistribution of wealth as farmers are able to charge more for their labor - given that demand for food has a somewhat hard lower bound, this could force more wealth downwards to allow the poorer rungs of society to eat. In any case, a short-term famine is almost certain. If other countries cannot industrialize in a quick enough time frame, a much longer term famine could result; after all, America also exports a vast amount of food products, and it's unlikely that the poorer countries could adapt to supply its needs in time. After all, efficient movement of agricultural goods requires a heavy industrial and infrastructural base both for production at scale and for the ability to move the goods before they spoil. Most of Africa, India, and other third-world countries have neither at the moment.

*best supervillain

Spoiled trustafarian brats are a plague on this world.

I forgot how good this movie was. What a pity Despicable Me got two sequels.

I'm torn. On the one hand, I approve of them burning comics because modern comics are trash. On the other, I'm disgusted by burning books for political reasons.

And that's a nigger guys, here is how you spot them

We need to meme Cap into being /ourguy/

If only they'd burn themselves too. That would be a worthwhile protest.

Its name is John Flynt

I share your divided sentiment. I miss the days when the fandoms of "geek" subcultures weren't dominated by queer little snowflakes and politically obsessed looneys (or those who remotely sympathize with them). If you burnt something it was because it was shit, not because of some political shit. If you wanted to be a polititard who reads comics and wants unnecessary real life drama, then those shits stuck with crap like Vertigo.

Also
I am sickened.

I miss when equal and inclusiveness actually meant those things. I miss when NeoNazis screaming in the street about AntiRacist was code word for AntiWhite…and it was a hilarious joke.

Many of use miss when the Left had moral ground to stand on, and all the rest.

They are doing these things badly intentionally. Its not incompetence, its malignant demoralization.

Except the point he is making is "Hey White people, look at this paradise you could have if it weren't for fucking niggers, spics and jews"

He has failed to portray the tyranny as…well bad.

Which an amazing feat of oratory skill. I would have no retcon be needed, and just have Cap join him.

POSTING SECRET EMPIRE #2

4CUCK BTFO

(((THEY HYPED THIS SPOILER)))
The end.

In two weeks' time.