Predict how cartoons will be in 10 years

Predict how cartoons will be in 10 years.

Communist.

Best case scenario: Variety of different art styles and different genres like action, sci-fi, avant garde, comedy and etc. It would be a creative utopia of different works and it would be the ultimate golden age of animation.

Worst case scenario: We get stuck with reboots and rehashes of old works and the shitty cal arts potato face artstyle will remain the dominant art style forever.

Better than this thread

Hopefully generating less shit copypaste threads.

people forget how fucking terrible the 70's and 80's were for animation.

Hopefully much better than now after a market crash within the next five years.

Shows like Samurai Jack set an example of how animation should be and every other shitty potato cartoon kicks the bucket because of it. All CalArts students become jobless and the university is forced to fix its shit because no one wants to apply there anymore.

Lots of shows get cancelled and networks start adopting proficient animators while going back to more traditional animation now with the help of modern technology. A good number of new shows trying to have a serious plot en lieu of the LOLSORANDUMB style get made and perform better than their previous edgy counterparts.

Or more potato faces. You never know.

These can't happen because there are barely any proficient animators left to teach or work in the industry.

90% of it will be 3D CGI instead of Flash 2D. Quality of the top 2 or 3 shows is going to be stellar but the rest will just be kiddie garbage. Adult animation will die out and a couple of hand drawn cartoons will hang around for some time.

lol

I always said that American animation (feature films aside) is a rollercoaster

Maybe Disney will actually use that "3D animated with a 2D looking output computer tech used for Paperman" in an actual TV series by then?

Or some other company makes their own version of that.

US: Nonstop degenerate and disgusting commie propaganda and every character will be black with rainbow colored-hair

Canada: Same thing except without the propaganda and even more braindead writing

Both with an all-time decline in animation quality and budget and no redeeming quality whatsoever.

All television cartoons will be done in GoAnimate.
The biggest syndicated shows after Zombie Simpsons will be the runaway merchandising success stories Questionable Content, Ctl-Alt-Del, Better Days, Oh Joy Sex Toy, and Megatokyo.
For budget reasons, CGI feature films will be produced in machinima, with "actors" controlling characters in Gmod. The number one franchise will be Panda Lee's reboot of My Little Pony, despite her controversial plotline involving the extermination of all ponies with a star or a pink triangle for a cutie mark.
There will be big budget live action films of Rat Queens, The Movement, Bomb Queen, Millar's Nemesis, and Lara-Su Chronicles, all directed by Uwe Boll, they will flop at the box office, being released at the same time as You Tube Poop: The Motion Picture, but Uwe will be fine, protected by a loophole in the new tax laws written by President-For-Life Leth.

US/Canada will continue to create the second dark age of animation(but this time with propaganda!). Movie wise, CGI shit will remain everywhere. You will probably see more edgy adult movies(all reddit teir), and constant live action remakes of old classics.

In Europe you might have some better animation. You will likely see more CGI trying to emulate the 2D look.

Nipland will be mostly the same. You will see more CGI come up, all of which looking worse than season 1 of Reboot.

I always said that American animation (feature films aside) is a rollercoaster

FR:Disney bought Ankama and will slowly die has the new generation of artist are brainwashed by equality/feminism and social justice bullshit.
Tot, Cam and Manu have retired long before and are seeing what they have created with their friends becoming a slow abomination of propaganda instead of just the show they did with comedy, action and lewd references.

The rise of sketchy and experimental action shows.

Sadly I don't think Holla Forums 2027 is a very interesting story, but I'll try.

TV dies out even harder.
In no small terms televised western animation practically ceases.
Pixar and Pixar derivatives continue to shit out a 3D animation every year.
The Incredibles 2 was pretty decent while others question why Brad Bird was allowed to direct anything after the monumental flop that was Tomorrowland.
Netflix continues to occasionally bankroll a series that uses Korean and Japanese animation studios.

The weird thing that crops up online is that animatics become even more popular.
Some will do music and folly and everything, but no real animation, just story boards.

Japan meanwhile still continues to have a thriving animation industry all be it a bit different ever since the 2020 Olympics.

Otaku will riot in the streets before they let moe and loli be taken from them.

Why does no one know how to use "albeit"?

People nowadays don't know how to spell a lot of words properly. The English language has been under constant assault for the past few years by the illiterate masses.

i think you tried too hard there user

They can always hire Koreans, Japs, or French. Or even Canadians.

Rat Queens is getting an animated tv series adaptation already. It has been in the development for about 2 years or so, and Weiebe assures that it is still happening.

Hopefully it won't get worse. Slavs didn't appear to be influenced by either winter Olympics or Euro. Maybe Japs will manage to resist propaganda and pressure too.

all female characters will wear hijabs, inshallah

It's not just the English language, it's close to every language since the internet got popular.
I miss the days when people would get bullied out of imageboards or banned for a week for simple misspellings. Nowadays we get shit like
and no one bats an eye.

Japan is pozzed and demoralized by the US, but they make fappable drawings! They will be easily compromised, sorry.

Just ship in a million niggers and watch it crumble.

Don't get you're pant is in a not, user

More or less like this.

I don't think they'll try and get rid of much, but they might try and curtail some of the young girl stuff in public spaces for a few months. Russia is a good example of a country just not giving a fuck.

I'm thinking stuff like that, but Calarts style. I dont see Calshit surviving past 2030 though

Think Go!Animate if it tried too hard to be a tv show.

What if we're in the early stages of demolishing the current lingua franca to the point that Newspeak can be fully implemented?

This is Art.

Wouldn't they kill the niggers? They don't seem the type to be accepting of foreigners.

Sounds like you like censorship, >>>/cuckchan/ is this way.

Technically yes, but so was pruning those BLACKED threads a few hours ago if you want to be pedantic. They can say the same shit they would otherwise as long as they put the effort in to fix their grammar. It's autistic sure, but it also helps weed out shitposters and newfags who refuse to lurk.

This made me clinically depressed.

It should make you angry. Very angry.

Lord Im not even race obsessed but this makes me want to become a Holla Forumsack!

What's not to like about Yogi Bear and a bunch of other shitty Hanna-Barbera legacy characters as disco-themed police officers in space?

Trying so hard. And failing so good. Imagine the sucker who pitched this garbage to the execs. "It'll be hip for kiddos, and totally groovy" unironically of course.