Young Justice storytime

Let's do this.
Time for a trip down memory lane.

That bait and switch an competent generic mook.
I guess an almost-banebreaker is as close as we get.

It's Lord of the Flies time.

Next time, just let the robot stomp on the ingrates.

People have terrible priories

That's not even getting into Luthor's just taking a stroll today, right around the robot, picking up a figurine of just that robot.
I'd say the blatancy is unbelievable, but it pretty much mirrors real life in how sufficiently successful criminals tend to brag about the horrible shit they do.

And that's World without grownups completed.

Now I give you best ghost girl.

And that's Young Justice: The Secret.
Also you will learn to cherish her smile.

And now Issue #1

It's huge tracts of land.

And that's issue #1

And now Issue #2

And they tempt fate.
Fucking idiots.

And that's issue 2.

And now Issue 3.
The Halloween issue

And we get the jealous jock getting owned.

And Red Tornado is best dad.

And that's Issue #3.

And now Issue #4.

And best ghost girl is going to join the team!

Trust me Sword guy is kind of an asshole.

And that's Issue #4.

And now Issue #5.
And yes he just trolled them.

Killing the pope?
At least be original you girly haired jackass.

And that's Issue #5.
Also Harm is kind of like a cockroach he keeps coming back.

Of fucking course the Batgod has a contingency plan and understands what's happening before any adult magic user. Fucking DC.
This is NOT what a 'world's greatest detective' should be like. I really hate Batman.

Don't worry there won't be much of him.
Now Issue #6.

Damn Secret's got fangs.
And that's Issue #6.

And now Issue #7.
Featuring a mommy catfight.

"First time"?
How lewd!

Nightwing has seen some shit.
Also Secret is best troll.

And that's Issue #7.

Who here think Secret is best girl?

They made some baffling decisions. Some make sense, like using Kid Flash instead of Impulse and changing Superboy's powers TACTILE TELEKINESIS but others like Aquanig make no sense at all.

Are you gonna do the rest or is it dead?

They weren't really trying to do Young Justice. Ironically, the Teen Titans series was much closer to the Young Justice comic, least of all because Peter David helped write the bible for it

Never thought of it like that. Superboy would never die unless someone like Superman beat him to death.

That's what Superbitch Prime did.

And now Issue #8

And that is Issue #8

Follow up statement,
What are you going to do when it crosses over with Supergirl? Shit gets really confusing if I recall.

Man Arrowette has legs for days…

As was the style at the time

Better days, better women, and most importantly, better fucking artists.

People talk shit about '90s comics but I'd rather have them than what we've got now
A) Image artists knew that well drawn books sold better than well written but poorly drawn books
B) The Image set weren't afraid to create their own shit and try new and different things

Image artists also dropped the ball and got too full of themselves when they got so successful so fast. If they had kept it together just a bit more consistently they might have been able to get enough marketshare to prevent the Big Two from crashing the industry with no survivors.

Well, I think their biggest flaw was the fact that they didn't know how to run a business, and they apparently didn't think to employ anybody who did. The Gaiman vs McFarlane suit is probably the best evidence of this.

Just imagine, if Dave Sim hadn't been so deadset on the Self Publishing movement and just joined up with them, or someone similar, he could've probably reshaped the entire industry in the 90s.
I will never be able to see Gaiman the same way after reading about that suit. What an absolute cunt move.

In what way?

So McFarlane decides to have a bunch of guest writers do issues of his insanely popular new series, and pays them each like 100k(they all decided to donate it to the CBLDF but he was still throwing money their way) and Gaiman decides that despite the fact that he's a guest writer, and it's a new series, he's going to write a bunch of lore that would be somewhat integral to the character if canon, and creates a medieval version of Spawn. He then decides to sue McFarlane over the rights to this character, who could never even be used outside of a Spawn comic. Obviously there's a bunch of legal oversight on McFarlane's part(especially since the issue before that was basically Dave Sim going on a rant about creator's having the legal foresight to retain the rights to their characters), but that was still a pretty fucked up thing for Gaiman to do.

Gaiman was right to do what he did. McFarlane should have had the good sense to say 'Yeah, we're a creator owned studio but you work on my book I own what you create and we'll split the royalties' but he didn't. Instead, when Gaiman wanted to use some of the characters they created together on other books for other companies McFarlane either pretended not to be home or whatever, or else started falling back on the standard 'work-for-hire' argument. When Gaiman threatened to sue he then offered Gaiman the legal rights to something he didn't even actually own (The Marvel/Miracleman rights). McFarlane was basically asking to get sued. He probably knows now that Marvel and DC have contracts for a reason.

I doubt Gaiman wanted to sue him, but he pushed him to that point.

Wait what characters did he want to reuse?
Wait I thought that was a whole other thing, they were connected?
Yeah but he did, and what did he actually gain that was worth a damn by winning that suit? McFarlane fucked up for sure, but I really don't see how it was ever actually worth suing him for Gaiman.

Also
The biggest creator's rights cases with the Big Two happened primarily because they didn't have definitive contracts for a long ass time, and it was just assumed that the publisher would maintain the rights. The contracts were still relatively new practices when most of this shit went down as I recall.

He asked McFarlane if he could Angela on other books for other companies and McFarlane said sure. Then when DC called him up about Angela and the Justice League or Marvel called him up about Angela and Spider-Man, to use some examples, he wouldn't return their calls
No, basically in exchange for McFarlane keeping the rights to Angela, Medieval Spawn, etc he gave Neil Gaiman the rights to Miracleman, which Gaiman wanted because he wanted to finish his Miracleman story. However, as it transpires McFarlane didn't actually own the rights to Miracleman, just the logos, so Gaiman took him to court.
Marvel's contracts were in place since Shooter was around. All the Image artists would have been familiar with them. If you read Gaiman's lawsuit testimony, whenever questions like this would come up McFarlane would just feign ignorance and claim 'I'm not a businessman, I'm just an artist'.

That's really dumb though, did he actually end up using her at all after the suit? Who would want to read big names cross over with a one off Spawn character?
Oh right yeah, that sounds familiar now. Supposedly he intended the bribe to be giving him the rights to MM merchandise, but.that's probably a cover.

He sold her to Marvel. Quite notably. I think McFarlane kept Medieval Spawn and Cogliostro.
It was the nineties and she was a fit, statuesque warrior woman not unlike all of these

In the absence of OP I'll start Issue #9

That's Issue #9

Issue #10 begins