Characters with Autism or Aspergers

I've wondered how many characters in cartoons and comics are canonically Autistic/Aspergers.
I wonder this because I know that there has been a push for feminism, minorities, and disables and these things, but never autism.

This perplexes me as i would think that having a autistic/aspergers main character would allow for most people who watch this stuff Holla Forums to relate with these characters easily.

I'm I missing something here? Why is there a lack of these characters when almost absolutely they would sell and resonate more than the pozzed garbage they push out.

Tell me if I'm on the right track here Holla Forums and if you can show me some examples.

Dan Vs. maybe.

Op

There's an episode of Arthur that had one but I don't remember the name of it.

It's been like twelve years since I read Bone but I wouldn't call him autistic.

Squirrel Girl

Obligatory

There is, but not in this medium, several characters in vidya I believe were said to be canonical autists but like who the fuck cares they're not hoarding plastic crap and watching anime backlogs whilst in a discord or whatever.

I read it pretty recently, Fone Bone is pretty autistic, he's a Moby Dick sperg and has many of the perceived "positive" traits of autism, not to mention creeping on a girl from afar and being whiny etc. Not many characters are canonically autistic though. I could see Jeff Smith saying so since he's a pretty hard liberal now.

Perhaps it's because actual autistic people are insufferable sperglords and autism isn't as pretty as "yeh I'm a little quirky lol it's just my autism".

Autistic people are shit.

Wikipedia has Legion and Reed Richards down as autistic, and Black Manta.

I remember one of the Alpha Flight characters from the old Marvel Universe guides was autistic, Laura Dean? The one who could change places with her demonic-looking twin sister, Goblyn?

There's Chris-Chan and Asperchu, obviously…

See as soon as someone is a super-genius everyone's trying to pin them as Autistic, and plenty of character traits like being an introvert, being callous, being an asshole and being socially inept are now impossible to use without having hordes of people scramble to claim they're autistic.

If Spider-Man was a new character introduced today, Peter Parker would be called autistic by a bunch of trendy faggots.

Media has destroyed the image of autism with their characters.
Autism doesn't mean you are good at math or science, and it can affect your life in tons of ways.
By trying to be inclusive they are actually making it worse for autistic people.

I think it would be appropriate to explore those kinds of people even if they're awful, perhaps just for that very reason. It'd give the comic book autismos a chance for introspection.

I would agree normally, but you'd have both trendy faggots who are a bit quirky but call themselves autistic saying "how dare you portray autism this way" along with the shitty single moms doing the same, and you'd have the possibility of having comic-book autismos grow to like a character who is fundamentally terrible.

Sorry.

Mary and Max. Pretty good movie.

Like a comic book version of A Confederacy of Dunces?

any irish character

Batman has ptsd. BTAS gave everyone a motive and/or mental disorder.

Found the angry brit

10/10. I can't stop laughing.

I still need to finish reading that book. I read a couple chapters of it when I found it lying around the beach house my family was staying at one year. What was interesting was that Ignatius on the cover of the book looked a hell of a lot like Morshu the shopkeeper, from that infamous Legend of Zelda CD-i game, Link: The Faces of Evil.

Except Black Manta was cured of his autism.

You should user, it's basically the story of every modern lol/cow/.

They're starting too. The time will come soon.

This is cool. I like the connection to "Arkham Asylum"'s theory of the Joker's madness as a response to modern existence.

Holy shit. Now how do we reverse engineer this into the real world?

It doesn't affect one's life in tons of ways, it affects it in EVERY way.
People constantly don't get autism thinking it's just a personality trait. Nope, an autistic kid has a fundamentally different brain structure and will perceive the world differently all his life. There's no normal person trapped behind the barrier of autism, it's an essential form of existence.
Only spergs are somewhat of "hybrids" and manage to connect to normal people on some level.

That's why I don't believe in Asperger's or "functional autism". You're either autistic or you're not.

No it's still a spectrum.
As I said aspies are hybrids of sort and they are extremely emotional and volatile because they know what they are, sometimes being almost normal but not quite.

It's pretty shit. Knowing exactly what the world expects of you but just not being able to make it work. Ignorance is bliss.

I've just had a thought. It would be hilarious if we finally had proper intelligent AI, but no matter how hard programmers tried, the personalities all turned out super autistic.

That art looks familiar. Was this made by the guy who drew that lesbian BDSM comic?

I dont think so, but it does look really similar

That's a pretty common trope.

As in high on the spectrum. Way past the standard aspie kind of not-familiar-with-culture-or-emotions stuff. Like a super-intelligent military AI that's obsessed with steam trains and occasionally has violent screaming fits during which it accidentally bombs civilian targets.

With the really autistic low functioning people they always garner sympathy and support despite being highly dysfunctional. Like said with aspies you're just "normal enough" but still have trouble with their surroundings. People just see you as an extreme weirdo. Kids with aspergers get no love.

Max Jerry Horowitz (Philip Seymour Hoffman) is a morbidly obese 44-year-old Jewish atheist who has trouble forming close bonds with other people, due to various mental and social problems. Though Mary's letter initially gives him an anxiety attack,
Hahahaha ayy lmao.

Note the rocks

top kek.

By the way, isn't that the same exact scene where Archer himself realises that he's legitimately autistic?

Even though I was watching it couple of days ago, I can't remember exactly, but I don't think it was the same scene, it's another scene from the same episode, or maybe next episode, where he yet again counts how many times everyone has shot.

Exactly, it's like how people will have sympathy for people with extreme deformities or horrible injuries but not towards normal ugly people.

It's a pretty good movie. Feels like a fair depiction of autism. It humanises it without turning it into a super power, or sidestepping it's less attractive qualities.

Girl on the left.

Technically more in line with coping mechanisms/escapes from traumatic events but the main character is a bit of a sperg that can't get along with people or see things normally.

Die, normalfaggot scum.

Lana calls him autistic. After that
He was acting like autist because he was called one. But he did stacked the rocks and he might be autistic.
Later after counting how many shots cops fired

define "canon"
what about beyond a reasonable doubt?