ITT: Your favorite costumes

Heroes, villains, this thread is for the guys with the coolest clothes.

Post your favorite costumes, outfits and uniforms in this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-miyako-kurokawa-s-nipple-pfb1kwm/answers/new.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This comic and this design were some of the only good things to come out of those Deadpool spinoffs back when Way wrote the main series.

Classic Power Pack.

I genuinely want a two-tone shirt with one of the power symbols on it.

It's kind of edgy, but I'm a sucker for stupid 90's designs.

Black Spider-Man will always be my favorite. I also wanna say Ketch's Ghost Rider, but don't really see that as counting because it's just biker clothes.

Wolverine's mask is one of my favorite costume elements, and I always loved his orange and brown costume.

It's a shame they had to pin it to the symbiote plot. Now he never gets to use it unless he goes full edge, and they barely ever do that.

Yeah. I always wish he'd just go back to wearing the regular one Black Cat sewed for him. What the hell though I'll add some Ketch. I know it's edgy as fuck, but I love it.

Same, orange and brown > blue and yellow

Most of the 90's X-Men costumes. Especially Cyclops.

I've always been fond of Paul Pope's Batman design. Unlike other artists, Pope uses a practical approach to compliment the original design instead of destroying it.

Now only if he used blue instead of gray for the cape and cowl. That would make the design would really pop.

That looked more Golden Age style costume, what with the shorts and all.

I love everything about Marshal Law including his costume. There were a lot of good costumes in his comics.

Came to this thread looking to post both of these.

Glad to know Holla Forums has taste.

I know The Boys was one big middle-finger to cape comics and the big two, but holy shit there were some really great looking costumes in it, Homelander's especially. It's exaggerated, silly and vaguely authoritarian, an absolutely perfect match for the character.

It makes sense The Boys and Marshall Law both had really cool costumes. After all, The Boys is a brazen, shameless ripoff of Marshall Law, and Garth Ennis admitted as much.

It builds on what was already there.

For some reason I tend to see the cartoon version of Starfire as the definitive outfit.

You motherfucker, I was going to post that.

Alright, I just stick with Tim Drake's first design. I loved the ninja boots, I loved the outer black cape with the yellow insides. I loved the vest.

When I was kid, that outfit was beautiful.

Another outfit I loved as a kid was The Man Without Fear outfit. It was a Gym outfit, but damn did it look cool.

I really only like the Scarlet Spider costume because of the Colors. It's simple.

Alright, explain to me about Earth 2's Flash.

I've never seen him like that before. Looks great.

I guess it's barely even a costume at this point, but Flash in Kingdom Come looked fucking amazing.

Frank Quitely gets a lot of shit here, but at least he finally got rid of Jim Lee's 90's shit costumes.

Simon Bisley really wanted to take over after Lee. He had some crazy ideas to redesign the costumes.

Considering that it's just Wally taking Jay's old helmet (and possibly outfit but we don't know because he's always a red blur)

Oh, piss off. The 90's X-Men costume are (mostly) good. Seriously, how is the Giant-Sized X on everyone's outfit is better?

You really prefer Cyclop's X-braces to keep his X-pants up?

Yes, to be honest. I always considered that to be Cyclops' best costume. Never a fan of the ones that covered his head, made him look like a goon.

This is one very ugly looking artstyle.

It's earth 3 flash and he is just an evil version of flash, would of liked a story about earth 3 but they just had to kill off most of the crime syndicate

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-miyako-kurokawa-s-nipple-pfb1kwm/answers/new.html

The headgear is stupid. It just doesn't work in 3D despite all the video games and cosplayers that tried it.

Tim's Robin costume was great. It was a cool update of the classic Robin look that made good alterations but didn't stray too far.

okay pedo

I always loved these designs for the characters, shame they weren't used in the movie

I always loved how simplistic the third Nightwing outfit was.

The Blue stripe down his fingers, the simple mask. In After the Disco collar and Glider suits, seeing this was really cool.

Mind you, I loved the gaudy costumes from the 90's (Especially Kyle's)

I also loved Jason's Hush Costume and was fucking pissed he didn't keep it.

Seriously, fucking pouches galore.

The armor on Obi Wan really did sell the whole "knight" aspect of a Jedi Knight.

How did Jason get that white stripe in his hair? Did he dye it?

It's never explained, but loads of stress does cause hair to turn gray prematurely. I imagine dying and coming back isn't very pleasant.
That's also not really Jason, but Clayface in disguise. That said I can't remember if he actually has the skunk stripe after that.

Nothing wrong with that, though there was a lot more than shitting on capes and the Big Two. But yes, I freely admit it's an edge-fest, if an entertaining one.

As a kid I thought it was because he got dunked in the Lazarus Pitt.

I know, it looks cool as fuck.
They basically kept Anakin's look for the CG series minus the cape (because it's too hard to animate waaaah) but Obi-wan got reduced to his regular outfit with some gauntlets. Pretty weak.

That scarecrow will always be too bulky and tall to be right.

Scarecrow should be small and thin, its his fear gas that makes him menacing

I thought the Lazarus Pitt only came from the animated movie and not the original story.

Personally, I thought a good way to do Scarecrow would be to make him naturally creepy but simplistic in design. I see too often people try to edge him up and it looks overdone and needlessy complex.

The hair not being atrocious goes a long way

Oh yeah. At it's core, The Boys was a character study about a bunch of broken people in a corrupt system and a very loud, unapologetic maligning of corporations, celebrities, the military industrial complex and powerful people in general. All the evil, nasty superheroes in it were actually just unwitting victims of a corporation of morally bankrupt war criminals.

But I can understand why some people find it hard to focus on that when in the same issue you have a Captain America clone pissing himself before Billy Butcher blows up his head, or Wee Huey accidentally killing a Robin clone and reacting with horror as a gerbil crawls out of his lifeless anal cavity.

Yeah, never understood why they standardized jedi armor in the old republic only.

Clone wars onward Jedi should've been protected everywhere.

Yes, Scarecrow can be a tricky one. It's so tempting to just make him look edgy as fuck. (Not a fan of the arkham games version, Bane was also terrible)

I think the nolanverse had the right idea

did they even explain in the clone wars show why Anakin and Obi-wan stopped wearing it? I know the out-of-universe reason is to make them look closer to the movie versions, but seriously the war is still going. Why would they remove it?

True, the only thing that I don't like about the Nolan one was the suit.

I don't think they did.

I like the contrast, plus scarecrow is an actual doctor so seeing him wear something professional with the spooky mask is cool.

plus, there's the straight jacket look

Is that Batman's equivalent of Spiderman 2099?

I'm also liking Blue beetle's new JLAction look, from my perspective this new costume for BB is the first one to look better than Spider-man's costumes.

No that's something else I think, Batman 1 million takes place in the 853 century between the years 85,201 through to the year 85,300 A.D.

I think Batman Beyond is closer to the year 2099.

Hellbat suit is also pretty cool, Bruce fucked up Kalibak with it and went toe to toe with Darkseid with it too so it's got major feats under the belt

Delirium is very well designed too, she's my favorite even though she looked better as Desire but there's not much artwork on her besides one minute appearance of her as her former self, Desire.

Delirium was Delight, not Desire. Desire is an androgynous cunt.

Yes, thanks for that, you're right. It's been a while since I've thought about it my memory was a bit hazy.

The Phantom and The Crow are also some of my favorites.

You posting Delirium reminds me though, Milligan's Shade the Changing man had a pretty cool technicolor dreamcoat thing going. Shame it never had a consistently good artist though.

Damn that's pretty gnarly/badass, looks dope. It sort of reminds me of pic related but also reminds me of Morrison's Doom Patrol/Invisibles run as well as my own designs. Art is my favorite subject.

I'll bite, post your designs.

Surprised no one's mentioned Spider-Gwen yet. Everyone hates her, but at the same time, basically everyone acknowledges that her outfit is visually appealing. You might argue a hood is stupid, but it helps create a silhouette different from Spiderman's, and her color scheme is supposed to be the inverse of Spiderman's, which is why it always looks far better when it's colored as red and blue rather than pink and purple.

Powergirl's is simplistic yet sexy, and not sexy in the way where it goes overboard. It looks visually appealing and tasteful, probably because the turtleneck and long sleeves balance it out. It's why every attempt to make her a prude always looks ass-awful. Her outfit just looks good.

Starfire's outfit from DC You is great. I know the Teen Titans cartoon's outfit is nice and all, but something about this one is just more appealing to me. It's the right combination of cute and sexual. Also, I love her glowing fire hair that Teen Titan's cartoon lacked. I'm fucking salty that this was cancelled.

Emp/EMP's suit in Empowered is also pretty good. I don't know why I like it so much. It doesn't have a logo or anything, but it's just so simple that it's nice.

Loved the Overman costume. Probably one of my all time favorite Supermen.

Also the funny thing is, he's not an evil Superman. Still stands for Truth, Justice, and (I guess) the German Way lol

I'm not finished with my ever ongoing life's work yet, I might at some point decide that if and when this comic book I'm working on is ready, I might maybe finally be able to reconcile with humaity enough to let them out into the wild. Sorry didn't mean to lead you on, it's just that my shit looks fucking sick and it's right next to me but I love basquing in its' secrecy so I keep them hidden on purpose, but it slipped out just now because these trippy images remind me of my stuff.

Looks alright, Spidergwen design reminds me of the Spiderman movie designs from Alex Ross, as well as his designs for X-men.

I also really dig Starfire's 90's trading card costume it's like more unique.

*Basking

I'll storytime all of Milligan's run if you post just part of one of your pieces.

I will only say that Batman and MGS1 influenced me greatly over the years and one of my favorite quotes of all time is "You never know".

aka 'my art is shit and I know I'll get bullied for posting it'

"You never Know"

Peace

Fuck you I'll find it somehow. I'll find YOU somehow.

The fact you have to respond at all to someone calling your art shit without knowing is enough proof for me. Keep your kiddy doodles to yourself, m8, I don't want to see them. I wouldn't be surprised if you're similar to the fag that was dumping the shit doodles he made in the margins of loose-leaf paper the other day.

All is impermanent all is without self.

Believe whatever you want to believe. On topic: here are some more cool costumes.

What costume am I supposed to be seeing in that first pic?

1st pic happens to feature Price Tuftan's costume in the lower right hand corner but that wasn't the main reason I posted it. Some of these comment reek of underage newfags, post costumes fellas or contribute somehow with costumes you like, it's not rocket science.

Another gem.

It's weird to think of how much stuff toy tie ins like Micronauts and Rom brought to the cosmic Marvel universe.

I'm not hypercrisis enough to get it.

90's GL Kyle Rayner's rookie costume still looks good, probably as stylish as Silver Surfer which is a feat in itself since Silver Surfer is supremely stylish. Captain Adam also fits nicely into this bracket of power and style. Superman's new blue boots seems to make him look more sleek and futuristic. Spider-boy and GL Simon Baz both have suits that put them at or slightly above most of Spiderman's costumes which I find gratifying.

Baz's suit looks cool but his mask looks dumb as hell. Especially the mouth opening.

See his mask is what I like the most, although the mouth opening seems a bit off, they should just get rid of the mouth opening and make his mask more like Spiderman's mask imo.

The Darkness is way cool too, also Ricochet is a blatant derivative of Spider-man but manages to pull off his own unique look with his white hair and color scheme.

Angela and Heaven Spawn are badass too btw.

Did they intend for him to look like a luchador gimp?

Talia bathed him in the Lazarus Pit while Ra's was also still in it

..Well, because Spidey was Ricochet for a short while. Hell, he was also Prodigy, Dusk and Hornet.

Guess it depends on your perspective, personally that thought never occured to me but it's mildy funny I guess. The way I see it making fresh looking original costumes isn't easy so some artists push themselves further to create something new with varying degrees of success.

Indeed, I forgot to mention that. In that mini-series I think Each of those personas is embodied by different people, I know Dusk is a chick in that comic and the rest of the Slingers are also not Peter Parker under their masks.

Starman's costume is simple yet elegant with much room for depth. I found some new Superman costume just now and it's not bad I guess.Alex Ross as always has superb designs that are exceedingly elegant.

KC Starman actually looks cool to be honest.

Thor with beard , mad uncle Herc and gunslinger Lobo

Thor with beard , mad uncle Herc and gunslinger Lobo

sorry for the double post , Holla Forums is shitting itself again apparently

Kingdom Come is full of cool designs.

why do people even try to redesign this costume?

it's perfect

this series was done by blatant pedophiles

Isnt Homelander written by that edgy retard?

And poorly written muggle wank fest

and?

Is it bad that I dont even mind the idea of Spider Gwen, but i am just mostly disappointed by poor writing?

Is that the vampire hell whatever nonsense comic with the insanely good art people were posting a couple years ago?

1. Not the same
2. How fucking dare you compare Chevalier to Gerth Ennis trash
3. Fuck you in general

Hobbs had the best outfit.

I realize gwenpool is literally a deadpool palette swap minus pants, but it's still pretty nice.

HET

Goddang, Supreme was fucking good.

I've always loved the Pulp/Noir vibes The Question and Rorschach give off.

When I first saw Gwenpool I thought it was going to be pure cancer.
It's not a groundbreaking series but it's nice.
I love that cover

who the fuck approved that?

Best and classiest outfit of all time coming through.

I loved both of the Plutonian outfits

I have 0 interest in the story of this comic but I fucking love the costumes for it, especially the way this artist drew them.

Fuck that's a damn good cosplay.

I think that issue is when Powergirl is attending a convention to do autograph for her fans.

Underrated character.

Most of the third generation characters from KC where underrated…what I wouldn't give to have Ibn Al Xu'ffasch rather than Damian.

I take it it's not just me who thinks the vast majority of these are just really gay.

child sexual abuse is no joke
I don't care how plump and juicy her cunny is

This costume was blatant cheesecake, but it also looked fucking good and aesthetic unlike so many other fetish costumes that look like garbage

What does that mean?

More like chocolate cake.

And at the end it's shown the loli still has her powers.

ayyyyyy

You know, I storytimed the last of those Power Girl comics and that was more fluff because the book was ending because of New Fiddy two

How can one's taste be so fucking perfect

I'm surprised no one posted The Shadow yet.

It's because his costume isn't actually good. It's the disgusting bastard lovechild of a detective's costume and a cowboy's costume.

The fact that you can say those words and not find it even slightly cool, were you just never a child user? Were you born a cynical 20-something?

As a disguise? No, not at all. 50% of his face is visible.
You do have to admit though, it is pretty visually striking. I like the contrast in comparison to other costumes. The red really darts out at you.

Wrong.
It has everything a design could ask for. Simplicity, balanced details, a memorable silhouette, maleability, you name it. More than half of the costumes on this thread partially owe their existence to The Shadow's. It's an extremely iconic and timeless design.

But that's irrevelant considering that
1: His eyes need to visible because he has to hypnotize people
and
2: That's technically not even his real face

hhhhh

I always liked the look of Shazam but never really got into reading his comics…
What's some essential Shazam comics, aside from Power of Hope?

The entirety of his Fawcett run.

You don't know how pissed I am that some books ended because of New 52…or Flashpoint (Seriously, Generation Lost was hinting at a new JLI, the Booster Gold book was getting better etc)

Didn't they have pre-flashpoint Booster show up a few times and then never fucking explain it?

Amen, brother.

It was a fantastic costume. Dave Cockrum did a great job on all the X-Men he designed.

My nigga.

Not that I know off. The last time we see Pre-Flashpoint Booster was in Convergence…where he went and became the new Waverider. What happened to nu-52 Booster? Haven't seen him since the Flintstones crossover.

Wasn't the 'Clouds men's minds' thing only in the Orson Welles radio play, and the Baldwin film?

They brought it into the comics a few times.
Also, he's forgetting that he can make himself nearly invisible.
He's an interesting Character (piece of history). I've always had a particular fondness for these sort of proto-superheros.

I think they're called Pulp Heroes, guys like him, Doc Savage, The Spider, etc.

Yeah, that's what I've usually heard, given most started as radio/magazine serials before transitioning to visuals… they all give off a more kind of real vibe to me.

I think I just like them because they've all been stagnant while the entire market has changed.They feel like deconstructions now because of how basic they are, even though they're the origins of all the tropes. It's like opening a time capsule to before comics were as off the wall as they are now, and there's something great about that to me. Pure & simplistic, without being dull… anywho…

It's because superhero writers have forgotten anything before the silver age, so they base all their "subversions" on silver age tropes, rather than the gritty golden age stuff that came before. Most Pulp Heroes traded hands between publishers and mediums so often that they never got completely revamped or affected by shit like the CCA. I imagine it's the same reason Conan is consistently decent.

Pretty much nailed it. I remember first reading golden-age stuff, and feeling like it was from the 80s or something (because that's what the 80s was trying to replicate). They spent so much time floating in PD that nobody fucked with them, so they are literally time capsules from the golden-age. But now, when you look at them, they seem darker than most modern heroes because they've been preserved from a time when comics weren't so ridiculous, but they're not edgy-dark like 90s and modern comics because of how old they are. It's this odd balance that you don't get from other kinds of characters. An almost raw feeling.

I was gonna respond to your post with more Madman costumes but I literally can't find them with google. I'd need to download the comic and find that one page where he tries a bunch of them on.

I think it's because they were created in a far less insular environment, before divisions like "genre fiction" had fully emerged, so the writers didn't have as many tropes that they leaned on or adhered to, and things ended up far closer to speculative fiction than genre fantasy like most capes. Also the business end was different, for the most part I believe they were created and then submitted by individuals to a publication they may or may not have already been associated with, but not pitched to an editorial team, and then revised and pitched again and then written. It was basically indie in a time when there wasn't anything besides indie in the industry.

I don't like the art in the last pic.

That is so 90's.

Stupid sexy Hunter Rose.
I wonder what he'd do if you booped the white spot on his nose. Probably nothing good.

I just learned of Grendel from reading a crossover he had with the Shadow. I want to learn more about him but don't know where to start.

My advice would be to go chronologically as much as you can, but don't worry too much if you cant, the individual arcs are mostly separate Grendels, in different times, and pretty self contained.

No, they brought it into the comics several times. And after a while the pulps started to have him use this power too.
But that's not what I was referring to.
I was referring to the fact that his supposedly "real face", which is Lamont Cranston, is only another of his disguises. Gibson intended for no one to know who The Shadow really is. Even the Kent Allard idea has a few holes in it.

Hell, I do recall one story that the Shadow's body was mangled to the point that the parts we do see (the nose and such, except for the eyes) were all fakes like the only thing that is certain about the Shadow are his eyes.

DC's run of the character ran with this a bit by incorporating the "Lamont is only another identity" and by hinting that the Kent Allard's face had some kind of terrible secret.
I think Raimi also used some of this idea for the creation of Darkman.

Have to admit that I like the first form of Onslaught…not a fan of the second form.

I like to think that Allard's face has some missing bits in..like a missing lower jaw or something.

I always liked this Aquaman.

The Shadow had a really weird genesis, originally it was a radio play based on a True Crime magazine, but Orsen Welles as the narrator, possibly drunk, would go off script and interact with the characters, the writers ran with it and had him as a disembodied voice haranguing the villains and guiding the victims.
They had to come up with an origin for this maniac, so they made him a crimefighter who had travelled the orient, learning mystical arts that would let him stand right next to you without you noticing him, through some sort of hypnosis. When the magazine shared in the radio show's popularity, they had to come up with an appearance for him, because he wasn't in the original stories. Then because he'd been drawn with such an aquiline nose, in the comics especially, you had to have at least one or two characters who had similar noses, one of whom would turn out to be The Shadow. The Adam Baldwin film had him actually transform, like Jekyll and Hyde.

There was an 80's series by Howard Chaykin that wasn't half bad, but Shadow fans hated it… Heh heh, no spoilers, but you'll find out why if you read it. Chaykin is a maniac.

The Grendel/Shadow crossover is beautiful, more polished than the Batman/Gendel stories.

Just don't mention the Show's ill-advised foray into spandex in the '60's. Yeah, he had a proper superhero costume. I guess everybody's entitled to their fashion disaster.

Yeah, Darkman came out of Raimi not being able to get the rights to The Shadow. But I hear he has them now, I hope he directs this one himself.

But that's not what happened. Most of this is wrong.
It's true, The Shadow did start off as a radio narrator and then eventually became a character. But it wasn't Orson Welles, it was Frank Readick Jr.
And the character was first created in the pulps by Walter Gibson before they made a radio show out of him.
And that's where Orson joined in. Orson wasn't even the first choice to play The Shadow, it was Brett Morrison, but since he couldn't do it they took Orson instead.

If I recall Raimi either lost the rights or he just gave up on the project. It's been years since any news of this came out.

Well, I may have been wrong, but I still like my story better.

It's the hat I think

I thought he used his ring as a focal point to hypnotize people or something?

I think that's just in the comics.

Ok then. I guess I was remembering that from Hitler's Astrologer.

Is that any good?

Sweet mother of pearl, I fucking love Alex Ross' art style.

Its funny how some slight exaggeration and blank white eyes totally elevates the original Harley design IMO

Also, this Ivy redesign was fantastic

The Human Bomb costume stood out. Mostly because I wonder no one else ever does the black lab coat.

That comic was awful. Not a big fan of author fetish disguised as story.

She looks like a fucking superhero

She's a teenager.

The blank white eyes really work. I liked that version of Harley.

and…?

and…?

That's the best part.

and…?
I prefer Ivy to be a thicc grown woman.

you have no appreciation for pure beauty, just layers of fat

Unlike the others, I agree.

Don't mind teenager Poison Ivy either, tbh fam

It was cool that X-Men Evolution visually homaged it

I kind of like all versions of Ivy. She has a pretty cool design.

Me neither, give me a sec to upload the webm with her and Barb.

Can't really complain with Ivy

So..uh..is there porn of this?

I don't think so, shame really. This scene would have been gasoline to it.

i have a soft spot for Miracle man.

Rorschach. His costume is an assortment you would see from a homeless detective. Yet you have to admit out of all the Watchmen he definitely looks the coolest.

That pinstriped suit he has on under the coat is pretty dapper IMO.

I agree and the man's a beast. I wish I could find those tabletop games that Moore written up in the 80's.

I also loved how in the original comic he had another suit, another diary and another mask. The mask had his priorities straight.

Earth 10 would make a phenomenal regular series.

I am abso-fucking-lutely fine with this.

Too bad Human Bomb nuked her.

I really do feel bad for Multiverse Nazi Sups

He kinda deserved it, honestly.

Never turn your back on the people who took you in.

The point was that he wasn't truly evil. And guilt heavy on all the killing, because his ideals . I prefer him 10 times over Soviet Sups. Seeing as this sups actually took over the world. Also he didn't turn against the regime. He was just self loathing.

No Superman other than Ultraman is evil. Even when he is placed in unideal circumstances.

Even the abomination known as the Injustice Superman wasn't truly evil. If given the chance, most people would do the same. Anyone who says differently is a fucking liar.

I think the real appeal of Red Son was President Luthor and crazy Russian Batman for most people. Soviet Supes had a few moments but for the most part he was a plot device.

No, lots of people would just pull a Dr. Manhattan and GTFO.

Also
Don't forget Superfan Prime.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Superman Prime.

You wouldn't even kill the joker before you GTFO?

Didn't he end up as DC reader troll in his mom's basement? That was fucking glorious.

Depends on where they land. Some might even go full mercenary. Kill Kim Jong Un for a few Billion? yeah, why not.

Yeah they even had a dude pretending to be him trolling the DC forums shortly after that issue came out. Then he went to the DC HQ and beat up a bunch of editors for fucking up his life. He's one of the few things I enjoy from that fucked up Silver Age revisited era of DC.

Now you will say that Gal Maggot is pretty

Thus why I love DC so much more than Marvel. They are willing to ridicule themselves.

The Death of Silver Age Superman was probably one of the most beautiful I've read in a comic.

you got nostalgic over superboy prime. His fight with Ion got me into comics. Now that was a build up done right. True wrestling style. You have two guys being built up for their climatic confrontation that explodes in a dramatic showdown. Not some horseshit repeated rehashing soap opera style conflicts that marvel did in civil war 2.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was very well done. Finally with Lois again.

Dying in Kara's arms. Goes right into the feels for someone familiar with the silver age.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't kara die in his arms in Crisis of Infinite Earths or something?

That part where Superboy Prime eats molten lead just to intimidate Ion was pretty fucking badass.

It's never explained with Earth two came back Post-crisis. At all. But they did. All of them.

The part where he wrecks a utopia alternate earth is good squash filler.

The Source Wall was responsible for bringing her back, clearly.

I loved that design of Magneto. The fact you couldn't see his face in the helmet made it even more intimidating.

I guess I was too harsh about that version of Ivy. I just never liked the idea of a teenage Poison Ivy. It's weird cuz I like that cartoons Joker design which tends to be controversial yet I'm not the biggest fan of that Ivy design.

Ah fuck…Phantom Lady's not in her sexy outfit. Other than that, everyone on Earth-10 looks good.

Here's the thing, Superboy Prime would've made a good anti-hero…if they hadn't made him into a straw fanboy.

Being the "fan nerd inserted into the universe" makes him iconic in comics.

for shame.
i can understand not wanting to remember him after book of fate and changing him into limpwristed sandnigger, but his orginal suit is the best shit.

I prefer him as a straw fanboy.

She is pretty, just not suitable for Wonder Woman

and zone never made a fucking flash?
that's disappointing

Who's female Dr. Fate?

Inza

I never read the comics, but I loved this design when I saw it, and it's spooky version.
It's superhero meets knight, and not overly complicated.

its fates waifu
bitch became queen of detroit at one point.

So she's black?

Not a costume, so much as body type.
I always thought WW should be leaning onto bigger. [email protected]/* */ does WW the way I imagine.

I can see that. Though I feel he tends to suffer from same face though that can be said with most cheesecake artists.

Bump

I always thought WW should have a tall, muscular build like that. Amazonian, y'know?

Remember when comics were fun?

send help

Nightwing's first costume.

Are you mentally handicapped?

Yes, Vampire Knight Requiem
Is edgy, but the good kind of edgy

They couldn't call him Daredevil anymore…funny thing is, we actually see Dan Garrett's Blue Beetle in Project Superheroes but he went unnamed.

I love cassies costume. She was a sexy wonder girl

He's still Daredevil in Savage Dragon.
But nobody gives a shit about Savage Dragon.

Savage Dragon? Is that like a Hulk with a fin on his head…as a cop? I did read that one comic with edgy! Howard the Duck (the one with the crossover with Spider-Man?)

I'm a big fan of that show's batgirl design

I hadn't realized this before now. Not only does El Zorro (1919) pre-date Superman (1938) and Batman (1939) by almost twenty years but Zorro also predates the very first superhero ever Mandrake The Magician (1934) by fifteen years…fascinating. Looks like modern superhero aesthetics owe alot to the pre-Golden Age era of Zorro.

I wouldn't place much stock in anything Bob Kane said about the creation of Batman

Way to miss the point. Fact is Zorro existed before the Golden Age of superheroes were even invented. Earlier in the thread people were almost bragging about The Shadow's look being so pure or whatever but it's just a rip off of El Zorro really.

People weren't talking about the concept behind the Shadow or other Pulp heroes, they were talking about the tone and nature of the stories. That said, yeah, Zorro might've been the genesis of vigilantes with secret identities, at least in modern fiction.

Don't let Razorfist hear you say that. His latest 'muh plagarism' is bitching that Batman is a one-for-one rip-off of the Shadow.

It's all good, I was merely referencing aesthetics. Thanks. What caught my attention is the correlation between Zorro and Mandrake the Magician, I like how this thread turned out because it allowed me to see this correlation between the two characters which had escaped my attention before today. Having said that El Zorro probably had other influences similar to Superman having Gladiator as an inspiration for example, it's just that Zorro much like Superman brought something fairly new, visually speaking, to the world of comics/pulp fiction w/ visuals.

Yeah, I'd say Super Heroes had 4 main influences that eventually congealed into the weird genre that emerged in the Golden Age. Zorro, adventure serials like Doc Savage, Noir style mysteries and soft sci-fi.

Perfect segue

It's generally considered canon that the night Bruce's parents are murdered, they were walking home after seeing "The Mask of Zorro"

I remember that, Zorro outdating Mandrake the magician tho hadn't accured to me, that was more sifgnificant since he's older than superman even.

Fuck I just love comics their endless permutations and psychedelic nature.

Spiderboy Prime? That existed?

It's a shoop.

Aww..here I was hoping that they continued the Amalgam comics thing.

Yeah, that's Dan Garrett Blue Beetle.

Is it any good?

Agreed.

God I loved Darkclaw

Some of my favorite from "Image"

Scrap, Thragg and Tech Jacket.

Reminder that Tech Jacket got cucked hard and his mom just told him to deal with it.

better than anything being published at marvel

they don't make em like this anymore

nigger really

spawn is famous for his crazy cloak

Yeah, but why did they make her look 12 years old?

I always liked this design a lot, the simplicity of it. Could probably use the helmet, though.

I'm not totally against tights and outside-underwear, but Magneto is just not a character that should wear those.

His whole comic universe got cuked by Invincible if you think about it.

I wonder that too. Didn't even realize she was college age until they bought it up one episode.

Remember when Ultron came back in the form of naked Wasp. Now that's something I can get used to.

What makes this weird is that Ultron was using Tony's body for that form

TRANNY PROPOGANDA

Well there goes my boner.

Everytime I see or hear mention of Lobo, can't help but remember the emo retcon

I always like Rougue's costume from the 90's. Actually, now that I think about it, all the costumes from that era are pretty solid.

kek. This Jesus Christ! I was raging at that mistake.

Abso-lutely.
Except Gambit. Gambit looks gay as all hell.

Ironman looks normal, Hulk is OK, and everyone else is god-awful. What in the holy hell is Cap supposed to be dressed as?

Yeah, that's some serious inspiration there on The Thing

When drawn well, yeah, they are. Even the ridiculous wolverine and cyclops.
Storm should always wear black though. Giving a white or silver outfit to a character who already has long flowing white hair is like character design fail 101

Lemme guess, he's a Colorado senator with conections in the armaments industry and he's making a presidential bid sometime soon.

I acknowledge the fact that 90's crabmask Kyle is his best costume to date, but I always liked his glowing emblem costume from the early 2000's.

Superman's suit in the injustice game looked like hot garbage, but the comic turned it into one of my favorite designs for him to date.

Big Boss Frank is my favorite Punisher design of all time. No time to shave or properly treat wounds, there's a war to fight.

And lastly, I really love street clothes costumes, especially on down to earth heroes like Spider-Man.

I liked the 90's Cyclops outfit. Never was a fan of Cyke having that head cap thing as a part of his costume. Made him look like a mook.

…I want to see Frank go full Big Boss. For some reason, Frank Castle somewhat fits.

why hasn't this happened

I guess cuz people see Frank as a lone wolf type. Though the idea of an international organization of Punishers sounds awesome.

I always thought Deathstroke was more of the Big Boss type.

I mean yeah, Deathstroke's costume in Flashpoint Paradox does look like Big Boss' Sneaking Suit circa Peace Walker.

Needs the leather jacket that he (very occasionally) wore

Bump because I want to see more stylin' supers

As you can see, I have a thing for magicians who may or may not have a doctorate degree. And capes, too.

This is nice, too.

I never knew how badly I wanted this until just now