Rick and Morty s3e4

Discuss.

Masterpiece. Couldn't be done without the amazing female writers.

Please go away

No.

Pretty cool detail

What is the philosophy and morality behind this genius show? Any deep analysis that you guys know of?

Is there no fucking moderation on this board?
Fuck this show, and it's garbage fanbase.

nope

Welcome to Holla Forums!

What nothing episode, BLAM suddenly superheroes, wacky drunken Rick and nothing superhero characters, another Morty is mad to Rick without that ending resolution that other episodes had. So in end it was hack writer version of close rick-counters of the rick kind.
Only funny bit was Israel joke.

Kill yourself. What is it with you mouth breathing fucks always asking for rules, rules and RULES? Fuck you, pussy snowflakes. Let us have some fun. If you want pure movie discussion, no jokes, no memes, go to fucking /film/ or something.

So are the female writers in this show funny?

IMO this episode was funnier than pickle rick, but not by much. I did find it interesting though how they had to go through Rick's traps, although none of the traps or Rick's instructional videos were humorous.

*but it was funny when they did a massive wink towards anti-semetic hate towards Isreal.

all it showed was that Rick is afraid of Jews

Shittiest episode ever. It is leftypol tier humor with absolutely no backbone.

What did they mean by this?

Shills are going to sage every thread because of the fact it drops some redpill truth bombs in each episode

Roiland is /ourgoy/

This was the first episode where I didn't laugh once. It felt like it was all setup and no payoff. The after credits joke was the worst- make a callback to those leech things you're gathering or something. Instead it was a continuation of the stupid shit at the end, like a four year old telling a stream of consciousness joke.
We get it. Rick is an alcoholic nihilist-this was written like a shitty fan-fic.

It was alright but could have benefited from some better pacing. None of the dialogue in the episode was funny except for what Morty said, so the traps should have focused on physical comedy and timing instead of gore and Rick going on and on about how he's totally not an anti-semite to aliens that don't even know what Israel is. Also I would have enjoyed more time on that cool spaceship.

It's kind of hard to get invested with what's happening when I know Rick has already planned things 39,000 steps in advance. When it's wacky and nuts like the Pickle Rick episode it works but in this instance I never got a sense of stakes or danger. What if one of the traps fucks up because it was made shoddily and sober Rick has to outsmart his former self? Something more than relationship drama that's supposed to be funny because we've never met this Justice Leage knock-off team before.

fuck this cancer

Can't tell if it's a call out, or if it's a bending over for Palestinian mudcock thing.

Considering the new writers, I'm going to go with it being that they are pro Palestine and desperately want to save the innocent peaceful people of exploding complexion.

How is that bad again

Does anyone feel like they're actually setting something up this time instead of just making one off jokes
Every episode so far has ended with side characters with varying skills and importance as well as a grudge or potential grudge against Rick alive and left to their own devices

They might be replacing the council of ricks with some sort of legion of doom bullshit, and they still haven't brought back evil morty, who was made out to be a big deal at the time

The fake-out ruined all that was good with this episode. I don't know why I'm still watching this. Why do I hate myself this much?

This is easily the best episode of the season so far.

You know what really bothered me, tho? So they know he set them all up to die, they were planning on killing him anyway, right? Why did they keep dragging Rick and Morty with? They had every opportunity and every reason to kill who they suspected was out to kill them. And why go through with the traps? Didn't that whore have the powers of the universe? She couldn't withstand the power of Rick's drunken bullshit?
Alternatively, if Rick was able to do everything while being blacked out, why were there no traps to neutralize the galaxy slut?

read stirner

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good and laughed on more than one occasion.

What's it like being autistic?

first time posting on a Vietnamese shadow puppet theatre website?

So you mean like, Evil Morty teaming up with the remnants of the Insectoids, this star chick and some other surviving characters Rick has pissed off like that alien in the sub-world?

I think that'd be cool except it would be subverted like always and they'd all be killed off right at the start of the episode.

I love the show, but the overriding theme is this teen angst current of nihilism. I don't dig it, but the show is just meant to be entertainment, it has no deeper meaning, and Roiland's funny voices always make me giggle. So far the show itself hasn't done anything far left, even if some staff people tweeted out some embarrassing virtue signaling, and Dan Harmon's kind of an asshole. Maybe hiring the women was a way to act as cover. I've noticed since some of the designers are chicks now the female characters are tending to be drawn with larger racks, which I'm 100% on board with.

Either way in a couple weeks when my girlfriend's staying with me we're going to order like 60 chicken nuggets and make the sauce recipes in this video and watch the show.

I wouldn't know man, not my particular disability.

You have to admit, its less shit that most of the things on tv,

You have to admit, South Africa is less shit than most of the countries in Africa.

No I mean important characters specifically from this season that they seem to be going out of their way to set up and keep alive and free
The star chick, tammy and pheonix person, jaguar, and even the mad max guy(and also maybe that Rick from the fake backstory, he kinda looks like he'd fit into the mad max universe)

Jaguar has no reason to hate Rick yet, so far his role has been the exact opposite. They're friends, Rick saved and freed him.

Rick lied to him about him having infinite daughters, and Rick is the sole person in the universe capable of interdimensional travel
That's an easy as fuck motivation to set up, especially with third parties like tammy or evil morty pulling strings

You fucks are worse than Steven Universe faggots.

ugh this show doesnt fit into my personal idpol
its clearly problematic toxic misandrist anti-white pro-white-genocide jew propaganda, ugh just ugh
cant believe you shitlords watch this cultmarx good goy show, just UGH

Roiland is actually a 9/11 was an inside job guy irl. It's why they had that tangent about 9/11 in the Pickle Rick episode. Also critical of Israel, but it's all stuff that only comes out when he's drunk enough to lower his filter.

Episode was trash though. Especially that ending. Roiland just inserting "l-look at the cool rapper I'm f-friends with guys!"

Because he's not making fun of it, hes just talking. The reason the show was amazing in the first two seasons was that the A plot (typically the adventure) was a series of comedy bits, written and read like comedy bits. The B plot was more atypical dialogue with muted jokes thrown in occasionally, usually sight gags or normalized absurdity.

The A plot's laughs elevated and balanced the B plot's subdued feel. Now the entire show is like a B plot. Pickle Rick worked because it was closer to the original format, but even it was poorer in quality because the B plot in the therapists office had no jokes, sight gags, or absurdism. It reminds of the new ghost busters. Just people saying "funny" things: "fuck you! Mom! "fuck both of you." and poop humor: (hahaha the therapist treats poop eaters teeheehee).

This Episode is far worse because 1, there is no real B plot. I guess they couldn't be bothered to differentiate the "saw" angle from the emotional angle. Which is re-hashed and cheap. There are endless scenes where the writers assume saying something recognizeable is a joke:

"innocent heros of color"
"Im triggered"
"its like Saw"
"Rick made a reference to Israel OOOOOOH!"

Its endless. But its just them saying things. There's no commentary, no joke on the reference. Rick was funny because Rick's acerbic outlook on everything normal was refreshing. Rick should have made at least four jokes about how Saw sucks and how he's embarrassed that "hes doing the Saw thing again." There could have been references to how the traps got old and were boring just like the movies. There should have been a scene about how the Vindicators expressed "regret" that the diverse heroes were lost, Rick calling them out about how convenient it was to let them die, insinuating they were racist, then when they get defensive by pointing out million ants and crocbot are different races Rick slams them with a "see I told you" joke. That's great because it plays off the shows strength, using things you cant get upset about to comment and joke about real life. This is why I don't like the Israel reference, because it should have been implied, not directly stated. This episode was nothing but setups with no payoffs, and the writers going: "LOOK, HERE'S THE JOKE, DO YOU SEE IT!? "

its that same reddit spacing guy from the other threads! we get it, you're so smart, waaayy too smart for a funny cartoon show.

you can be critical of Israel's disgusting behavior without being cucked by anti-jew idpol.

The point of my post is that the cartoon show is no longer funny. I also usually don't post on this board often so your D&C tactic indicates your a shill, and if not that, your general salt indicates your an obsessive fan cuck. The original point of the show was that it was smart, or at least clever - now it is clearly turning into drivel. I would enjoy actually discussing this, so please present an argument in favor of the show if you have one. If not kindly fuck off.

Most Jews don't agree.

as everybody should be.

Really nice digits there Bateman.

Nowhere did I say he's anti-jew. His close buddy and pretty much the 3rd most important guy on the show is (((Ryan Ridley))), a jew who went and did religious studies over in Israel. I was pointing out that a lot of Roiland's actual personality and characteristics bleed through into the show.

just give it up, chaim.

Another shitty episode.

>>>Holla Forums

(you)

They didn't think he was out to kill them, they just thought he was acting like a drunk asshole again, which is why they brought him to the planet.
As why they didn't kill them after the reveal. It was because Rick and Morty were the only ones who know how to solve the puzzles to get out, as shown by the fact that Morty knew Israel is what Rick considers "evil" or that Morty knew Rick thought none of them were special.
What do you mean?
The joke is all of them are indistinguishable assholes with their heads up their own asses. They're full of themselves and they don't even like each other. As for the Galaxy chick, I don't she has all the powers of the universe, she can't read minds otherwise she would have knew Rick did what he did while blacked out. It seems like she controls particles and shit, I dunno, I didn't keep too close attention. But bottom line, it seems like she could have been killed by anything considering she could n't have just taken out the machine gun torrents by herself or that she didn't even risk trying to escape, or that she was concerned for her own life with the planet blowing up.

not your hugbox, poleddit

The reddit spacing bothers me but basically, who cares if there isn't a B plot? They didn't set anything up for it and I didn't notice. I guess they just wanted to concentrate on the story as oppose to forcing some bullshit. Unless you want the B plot to be that poop cleaner thing.

It's just Harmon making fun of how you can't talk about Israel. The joke is that it's unclear what Rick's position is and that it doesn't even matter because either way you'll get crucified for having a strong position.

It had all of those in the form of the poop jokes. They just weren't funny. I feel like Harmon was adamant about having a serious episode where they talk about the characters' problems and Justin thought that was lame so he insisted on crass poop jokes.

Stop feeding the cancer.

I liked the joke about diversity hires because it's more sophisticated than just "lel, look at this meme issue." Rick is pointing out that the white guy (who happens to be more well-written and interesting) had more appeal that the diversity hires so they killed them off to bring him back. It's a comment on how the whole replacing classic characters with KANGS won't last. Remember that Rick and Morty were part of the original group, but got ignored for the second part and had to be brought back later. The joke's setup requires several details from the episode and knowledge of contemporary "geek" media which the episode is also sending up generally.

Capeshit BTFO: The Episode

It's pretty clear that he's making fun of you not being able to say anything negative about israel.

It seems anti-Israel to me. Lots of leftists are anti-Israel, so it's not surprising.

wut?
its objectively true that women are less funny than men

>>>/reddit/

It may agree with my political views now, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna start liking this pile of crap.

This. Season 2 was still shit compared to season 1 though.

>>>/oven/

It does not agree with your political views. I find it funny that people think the diversity joke matters when 50% female writers got hired for the sake of diversity.

It's like Justin Roiland vs. Dan "cucking gives me a hardon" Harmon's virtuesignaling.

Except normalfags like discussing movies.

wow schlomo is everywhere

seriously if you think the female writers are worse than the other writers on the show then take your mgtow shit else where they are as mediocre as the the rest
yeah mane its basically reddit the show

best joke of the episode
welp if you didnt see that coming then you should just go back to reddit rick is just roger from american dad without the sexual ambiguity. Ricks gimmick is that he is something these sjws dont understand

discussing film and tv is cancer whats your point?

im surprised no one mentioned the lazy as fuck ending could have been far better, it just feels as rushed as the series as a whole.

anyone that unironically believes this episode was shit compared to season 1 or 2 you are idiot the whole show sucks its just a bunch of sjws with a shit understanding of the multiverse theory the show, at least the show sometimes by pure luck manages to have some genuinely funny moments like in this ep and the previous

stop liking what i dont like. but tbh its only funny if accept its just a trash show and dont bother looking deeper into it its just like the big bang theory its just the gimmick of poorly understood quantum mechanics is funnier than OMG nerds are weird

u wot

ah shit my grammar is as bad as my formatting

-/10 attempt

Why is everyone so butthurt itt.

Because a semi decent show has now been upgraded by enforced (((diversity))) and is now shit as opposed to arguably shit.

If you don't see a massive difference, then I think >>>/reddit/ is more appropriate for you.

ah fuck i was called a cuck by some guy on the internet. guess i should read jane austen and join a blm propest

you don't have to be MGTOW to know that diversity hires will lower the quality of any product

WUBADUBADUB

QUALITY

You already halfway there, cuck.

Wait, what?

The progressive stack is all about privilege and oppression, jews are practically normal white people compared to the poor muslims

Progressives that think, which aren't many
Israel and oppression are double-think for most of them

yep, keep watching.
Won't be long before the feminists will don Burqas and the progressives will be marching the kikes to the ovens.

Retarded logic guided by emotions is still logic
Jews = white people
Israel = white supremacist ethnostate oppressing the stunning and brave pocs

That's already happening. Or at least muslims wearing them are calling themselves feminists, and other feminists are supporting them, claiming wearing it is a feminist statement.

Rick posts on Holla Forums when drunk…. CONFIRMED

the kikes memed irresponsibly and will soon create the second (actually the first) holocaust

right wing = feels before reals

reason serves the passions

Holla Forums triggered

Is this the thread where we desperately try to signal that we fit in because we hate a goofy cartoon because it's offensive, yet still watch it to complain about it every week?

did you mean to say left wing or what?

You "me ironic cancer" faggots are worse than normalfags, at least they can be steered in the right direction after a year or two. Autists that think "ironically" "pretending" to be retarded will always be cancer.

*"le"

Cuckservatives are more pro-isreal than most leftists are.

>>>/leftytv/
>>>/movies/
>>>/film/
>>>/ftv/
>>>/tvb/
>>>/tele/

I'm going to keep coming here just so I can remind you how cancerous and unfunny you are. I might not be a turbosperg of your calibre but I'm autistic enough to keep that up.

And I'm autistic enough to keep reminding you you'll never EVER be BO, rulecuck.

For what purpose? I'm still gonna shitpost anyway. You either secretly like it here tsundere~ or you're a masochist.

Just to remind you that you are cancer. It takes a few minutes to pop into one of your garbage threads and say that, before the board turned to shit I spent much more time than that here.

Also
You are one of those regards that think shitposting is a good thing aren't you? The clue is in the name sperg.

South Africa has been genociding what has been making it less worse than the rest of Africa: whites.

No shit, but it's still better than the rest of Africa for now

but is it better than Toto's song Africa?

But it's pointless. I will shitpost forever regardless of what you say or do. You can't stop me.
No shit. It's more fun than talking about jewish film #6098765433313440

That episode was actually really good.

Where do you think you are?

No way this will get a 4th season if the quality continues declining like it is.

You underestimate just how big a cash cow this is for Adult Swim.

10/10 Any highschool essay can beat that.

What episode, none?

Never realised how much Nedry looks like (a fatter) Ezra Levant before…

Leftists aren't pro-Israel, liberals are. Zionism is imperialism.

Posting here was "pointless" (but fun) at the best of times. I can spare a few minutes each day to remind you that you are cancer.

Like I said, the clue is in the name. A sh.itpost is a low effort cancerous post and only mega autists think it is a positive thing. If you were actually funny it wouldn't even be a problem, the issue is that you are cancer.

Lol, no. The board was fine before the cancer metastasized and it was only about 10% film discussion.

Reminder that "ironic" cancer has the exact same effect as actual cancer on a imageboard.

There really should have been an episode featuring this team a season ago so the deaths in this one were more meaningful. Also the only joke was Morty mistaking Rick's love for him instead of the janitor. That actually had a setup and payoff. The rest were not jokes and the whole episode felt very rushed.

Look at me, I'm actually talking about the episode in question instead of getting sidetracked by Jews and women like a dumb Holla Forumstard.

if your not talking about gonad frgrundp destroying the country your part of the problem

So if Rick is a mad scientist and a nihilist, why does he give a single fuck about political correctness or being anti-semitic?
He practically shits himself when Morty mentions him talking about Israel when he's drunk and then there's
A man who is truly brilliant and uncaring would see that political correctness is thought control bullshit and wouldn't care if he was anti-semitic or if anyone else thought he was.

He's the reddit-approved version of a nihilist, it's okay if you say you don't care about nothing and okay (even encouraged!) to dismiss spiritual values as "stupid" but woe to you if you're racist, antisemitic, islamophobic or any other kind of politically incorrect boogeyman while you're doing it!

The joke is that you cannot criticize Israel in American media.

He who rejects God will always try to fill the void in his heart with something, be it SJW bogus, worship of Mammon or hedonism. This is why leftists are so rabid, their hate of whites and of the west has become what defines them because that's all the purpose they can find.

to be fair, I think his gun shyness was for the sake of the joke, granted they kinda plowed it into the dirt by being too on the nose. As for the heroes of color thing, I think he was being facetious. Shit episode though.

A joke where the punchline is "im sooooo liberal xD" is a shit joke.
He wasn't, it was pretty fucking deadpan.
Even if he was, it'd just be another "im soooo liberal xD" joke.

Rick is shit. The show is shit.

haha?

So which is the episode written by that one chick who called Barron Trump a home schooled shooter? You know, for his only crime of being related to Trump.

I think that was a SNL writer.

thats a huge crime tho

Ok, name one good episode that these shitters have written. I don't even care what show it's from.

actually they have been showing how ricky's nihilism isnt all that great. he was on the verge of killing himself. turned himself in to save his family and does love his grandkids. he's actually coming to grips with that. he just can't admit it. it wouldnt surprise me at all if rick DID actually mean all that he said about morty, sobered up near the end and made that last tape to shit on the previous recordings and fake him out.

Do you even watch the show bro?

you'd think they'd get along pretty well with Holla Forums…

You won't be saying shit like that once us stronk womyn are in charge of everything!

It's true. Once womyn are in charge of everything it will be illegal to criticize a woman.

It's almost illegal already.

why don't they use Mister Meeseekses anymore? seems like it'd help in a lot of situations

Because the Smith family are a bunch of idiots.

Why are cartoon girls so ugly?

Okay, enough fucking bullshit. I've never watched an episode of this show so I thought I would watch one. Ten minutes in and there hasn't been a single joke or even a funny situation.

This show seems like it was written by that unfunny 'class clown' kid in high school who failed all his classes and dropped out. Nothing about this is show is humorous. Is the joke supposed to be that Rick burps and has green shit on his lip?

I'm actually angry that I watched this.

If only Europe wasn't the victim of their imperialism…

the first episode is the worst one tbh. watch a few more before making a final judgment.

2deep4u bitch

u have to turn off ur autism if you want to enjoy it a bit friend

after multiple threads of ppl shitting on rick & morty, i stayed away from the 3rd season. i got curious though when i watched an actual clip, wondering about where that episode was going (from the 4th ep) But the show actually isnt any different. Yall made it sound like pickle rick was some terrible episode, but it's actually the best i've seen so far. also that first episode was a nice misdirection. It was slightly annoying to see summer owning but tbh since i have more women in my life, my disgust at phony stronk womyn in film has faded. It's a lie, but it's a lie that doesnt need to upset me. All the girls in my life i enjoy are submissive, soft and love being told what to do by someone stronger than them. Even when they try to emulate the shit they see in media, it's always with a "daddy may i" sound to their voice.

I'm not sure why anyone would want people to think a show that just got some female writers is suddenly bad, Maybe to play the soggy knee card and try to toss this gem into the bin so they can really subvert it.

get your sarcasm detector fixed bender.

Pickle rick was actually good. The latest episode with the super heroes and miscegenation was fucking lame. I want to see weird shit and wakcky adventures not drama with stupid characters nobody cares about.also mad max one was pretty shit too

Actually. it's very different. But you are too biased and know too little of the show to notice. You didn't even notice Rick didn't burp once during the whole show, did you?
And if you like that episode that means you like capeshit more than the original direction of the show, which was science fiction.

I bet you loved when the solar system woman revealed that she was married to the nigger.

e

H