When Samurai Jack handled the themes and idea of balance in under a minute better than Korra ever did in four seasons

Why did it take so long for something like Samurai Jack season 5 to be made? Why couldn't an Avatar follow up have been like it? It respects the source material, it's smart, it's written brilliantly yet the best they could do was Korra.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/vqmN7
mega.nz/#!tXpkFIqA!ObrQGi9HyJAz4KlgXwBRVHY3lkS7dhIah6pKftIZhfY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

oops

Because their actual top writer for Avatar wasn't on Korra.

Because passionate projects are expensive. It's easier to just make crap and hope it gets a following for reasons unknown from idiots.

Who was that?

Aaron Ehasz

EP and Writer. Bryan and Mike had good ideas but if you look though anything describing the making of show, like art books or people's accounts of their time working in the studio, what you conclude is that those two art school guys needed Aaron and other writers to A. Structure their ideas and B. Stop them from doing bad ideas.

Case in point, read the art book for the original series (it's very nice, good coffee table book), and you see that originally Toph was gonna be a Bolin type character to have a love triangle with Aang and Katara.

Aaron (or one of the writers Aaron chose) said fuck that, that's terrible, let's go with a blind girl who uses the earth's vibrations to see, that's much better.

tl;dr Bryan/Mike needed an experienced EP and writing staff to plan out their ideas and also they needed someone to not be a yes man, someone to call them on their shitty ideas.

Look at book 1 of Korra and you see what happens when Mike and Bryan write the entire thing themselves and have no checking up on whether anything makes sense.

yo, I wanna get up to date with Samurai Jack, and i'm waiting till like near the end before jumping on Season 5.

what episodes are necessary for me to watch to fully appreciate it?

You have three weeks left, just binge the whole series.

I know someone had a list of the must-watch episodes on hand, but I don't. Instead, I'm gonna play it safe and tell you all of them, nigger.

Sounds familiar…

Fucking really? But I thought Bolin was just a comic relief like Sokka? Is there any source on this?

This feels like a lesson in attributing success to the wrong people… Kind of like Tim Schafer, who by all accounts is a fucking nightmare to work with, but because he attached his name, front and center, on everything he could, he retroactively became a superstar in the games because some idiots kept claiming he was responsible for everything in any game he ever worked on… And not too long ago, they shitcanned the majority of their employees and everything they've released since has been awful, despite have Tim "Mr Shitface" Schafer there to bless them with his godly dev skills.

There is also a desire to FOLLOW "Legendary" creators.

Kojimas fanbase is rabid, and will attribute all flaws to everybody else sans him.

Like you can't desire to become just a part of a cog of a machine that makes excelent pretzels. You want to desire to be the single man that makes all the excelent pretzels possible.

I gotchu

Dimarko's original "Earth" teammate shows up in the series intro. He was later retconned as Sud, Avatar Roku's Earthbending teacher.

Or they make it without the original creator.

That happened to Craig McCracken. CN asked him to come back for the PPG reboot, but his contract with Disney prevented him from returning, so they just went ahead without him.

No I meant on original Toph being Bolin like

Oops, wrong one

WHEW.

Shippers are trash who need to be slaughtered and so are the writers for spreading their ass cheeks for the shippers.

Nope, still looks bullshit to me.

I wish that jew had more time, it was a strong episode all around minus him finding his resolution, Genndy just did the Jack vs. Mad Jack episode again.

how? looks pretty decent

Gee..I don't know. Maybe because it looks like pandering bulllshit..or maybe it's because those two barely interacted with one another?

Here I am again, this time with a sauce:
http : / / www. toonzone.net/toon-zone-news-interviews-bryan-konietzko-and-mike-dimartino-avatar/

Look about 3 or 4 questions into the interview and they mention there original idea for Toph being a man and foil to Sokka and how Ehasz pitched what would become the blind little girl.

Oh how your views changed when it's two dykes

Pardon? I do find Zuko/Katara pairing also quite bullshit, thank you very much.

I was referring to Bryke when it came to Zutara shippers vs Korrasami shippers.

Shit, sorry user. Must've misread that.

Also, as someone who looked over the choreographers, writers, animators and Mike/Bryan's art, I have to say that if you needed a one sentence explanation of why Avatar: The Last Airbender was so good, it would be all those things dovetailing.

It was a excellent program because everything that needed to happen happened. Part of that is a studio willing to take a risk, part of it is luck. It was the dovetailing of many things.

And I'm not saying the series is perfect, everyone has a least favorite episode and a flaw they can find. But I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who wouldn't say it really was something special that was exciting and just all around well done.

There's a tragedy in that Avatar's legacy lead to Korra. I think the comparison between it and Samurai Jack feels right. Samurai Jack was popular but when Avatar came out a year later, I think it took the spotlight from it. So now when Korra is nothing but pandering and whoring itself to be relevant, Samurai Jack comes back and is the follow up we hoped it'd be. And it did without having to pander, or try to be relevant, it's just well written, acted, and respectful of its source material.

Explain why Ashi single-handedly defeated an entire army of orcs without a scratch, ot The Scotsman dying while all his daughters survive.

Jack defeated armies of robots all the time. And Sctosman died because he told his kids to GTFO while he called Aku a pussy.

She's a highly trained assassin who spent her entire life to that point training to kill Jack, who is of course highly skilled and versatile.
Because he wanted his daughters to live?

And that too

Ashi is probably the only real problem with Samurai Jack at the moment.

She's just awful. She looks awful, she sounds awful (Tara Strong is really phoning it in) and she is essentially the Miss Martian of the season, meaning she can do whatever needs to be done at the exact moment it needs doing but then can't do the same thing a few minutes later for no reason.

Yeah, this is true.

Doing something about the Scotsman was somewhat necessary considering it's been 50 years. The fact he's a sword ghost now is good enough for me. Who knows, maybe we'll get a scene where Jack has to wield the Scotsman's sword and the whole time he'll get his fighting style shit-talked like the old days.

That'd require episodes 9 and/or 10 to be double length to process all that shittalking.

So what's more likely to happen?

I'm leaning towards 1 because I got a bad feeling.

Anything but 3 is terrible.

Jack isn't supposed to have a love interest, he's not supposed to be an emotional wreck or a sappy lover-boy. He's meant to be a Samurai with unshakeable determination to beat the shit out of Aku, and so far he's seeming to be really non-chalant about the whole "this is the entire reason I continue to live" purpose he's supposed to have.

3 seems the most unlikely right now, honestly. Ashi either exists to take up Jack's mantle or exists to get fucked by Jack. That's all.

He's not being non-chalant, the whole reason he's been depressed is BECAUSE his entire reason for existing is to kill Aku, and he was starting to think he'd ruined his chances at doing that.

Hopefully she just turns out to be a sidekick or gets killed for drama points.

Sounds like the George Lucas efffect.

He's not in the most recent 2 episodes sure, but during the first 3 episodes while he was fucking around with Ashi he seemed like he couldn't give less of a fuck. There's also the fact that 50 YEEAAAAARS means he's been doing very little for quite some time given that his sword's gone.

He's supposedly been saving random groups of people like he always did, he just hasn't been able to directly oppose Aku at all. He was still doing that in the first episode before Ashi started stealing focus.

Is this meant to be a list of good episodes, or only a list of episodes necessary to catch up to S5?

If it's only to catch up on S5, you only need to watch:
1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 11.
4 is referenced in S5E6.
17, 19 (give motivation for saving the past), 21 (referenced in S5E5), 23, 12 (probably not needed, this hasn't been crucial to plot yet)
28, 30 (only to see a location, actual plot isnt necessary), 31, 32, 37, 38.
40 (purely to watch the final fight scene as it's shown in S5E4), 42, 51 (more backstory on Jack, can be skipped), 52 (not referenced yet, but probably will be)

And if that list is meant to be the best episodes, then the correct answer is all of them save for maybe a few of the weaker ones in S2/3.

Meant 25 overall.

Well yeah, SJ didn't have God and Satan analogues shoehorned into what was a Far Eastern setting. Even better, it didn't warp a backstory the lead character's source of power already had (The Avatar being the spirit of the world getting thrown out).

Moving on.

Asami was a villain character in production who got turned into a good girl after Bryke digged her design. They didn't really know what to do with her afterwards, going from rival for Mako, to cheerleader, to gadget mule, to cheap panderer.

They only did the pandering since LoK's ratings were sinking and it was getting beat on by critics.

So really Korrasami just shows how little Bryke actually cared.

I haven't watched Samurai Jack ever since I was a kid and I remember very little of it, yet I jumped right into season 5 and didn't feel like anything was missing… Currently I'm watching season 5 while re-watching the old series. You can do that.

Or option 4
You can fill in the blanks on who that someone is.

So, she WAS supposed to be a villain? Well, looks like most of the folks got it right.

>>>/ebola/

While I do agree with you, SJ's real problem lies in the pacing. Major events in the current season are going by way too fast and everything feels compressed. I know that this is supposed to be the last season but I feel that it would have been best if we had another for the sake of quality.

for

Yeah especially in the last episode where it's like

Yeah. She was a villain. Hence Korra being so antagonistic towards her.

Of course, she had the issue the rest of Korra's Republic City posse did in that she was designed for Book One's setting and conflict but never found a place for herself in later seasons. In her case, she comes off as a bit character getting top-billing since her VA was in that Falling Skies show.

Wasn't her VA also in the Last Airbender movie? That and wasn't her design based off of Lust from FMA?

Yeah that kind of saddens me about the show. I still like it but its not the perfect ending I was hoping for.

That was some trippy bullshit. How accurate was the whole tea making ceremony? I'm not enough of a weeb to know the ins and outs of traditional nippon tea making.

Gennedy is rushing it because he KNOWS CN won't give him another season.

It's a lesson he learned from Sym-bionic Titan.

Did I see ONE Ice Cream, Carls Juniors, Mcdonalds, Disney, or Nintendo promotion in Samurai Jack?

No?

Because watching a show that hasn't been around for some years grants more hipster points.

Genndy could always do the episodic adventures that season 5 didnt get, like some kind of spin-off, if Adult Swim wanted more Samurai Jack.

I doubt the appeal would be the same. I don't think it'd be too far from another goliath chronicles.

CN and AS are different companies.
He owns the rights to Samurai Jack and asked Adult Swim if he could do it, so CN has no say in it and he can walk away after the contract ends for S5.

He does? Source?

But man, I can't taste that shetzuan dip sauce they mentioned in the first episode. I think it's pretty amazing from a big company like McDonalds to listen its customers and bring back good old things once in a while.

Gennedy could really learn something from R&M. Instead of showing ruins of plants and places and stuff, why not show some buildings and hide a Burger king in the background or something? Why not have his future crown be a Burger king crown. And he could even comment on it sarcastically or something!

Our add team has calculated that our test demo is more willing to watch Advertisements as long as your being self-aware about it.

Instead they decided on loli with bare feet

I read the art book for avatar. God, they're pretentious. They think their stuff is the tightest shit

To be fair, a lot of it is. Though they really do enjoy the smell of their own farts.

Can't give you a source, but I can justify him owning the IP for a few reasons:
-He came to Mike Lazzo to make it, not the other way around.
-AS and CN are separate entities, but both are owned by WB. If CN owned the rights, they wouldn't/couldn't give them to AS randomly, as they both have to make a profit to justify existing to the higher-ups. (I could make a whole essay on the shit this causes)
-Other shows from that era on CN were owned by the creators: EEnE, Courage (That's why they haven't rebooted them to milk cash)
-CN hasn't rebooted this, yet rebooted other shows from the same period, like PPG. Suggests they can't for some reason.
-Genndy went around trying to pitch the standalone film to conclude the story. He can't go around asking for help to make the film if he doesn't own the rights, and CN declined doing the film in house. Why would he ask other studios to help him if the guys owning the IP said no? Suggests he has it.

I almost saw that gif as loss at first
B^U

I like that format because it doesn't drag on for several seasons. It gets to the point quickly without trying to spend several minutes to enforce a point

It just annoyed me how they never second guessed anything. It was always, "and then we finally came up with the perfect design"

They prove there is no difference between artist and autist

They got it from the same birds that Tolkien used to wrap things up quickly.

What? I thought Ted Turner still owned them?

Turner is owned by Time Warner.
TW and WB are in bed together, and I don't understand how this works, but WB still has control over a lot of the shit going on at CN/AS.

Megacorporations were a mistake.

I'd read it

Is that Austin Powers music?

Actually it's music from Jack vs Mad Jack

I've seen the comparison but I haven't seen a source to say she inspired Asami. Regardless she was forced as a character once Korra got with the Equalists were beaten.

Only the design, personality wise, she was supposed to be an undercover agent trying to get to Korra through Mako. But when that was scraped, so was any resemblance of a personality.

Because we can't have too many good things. I'd rather have a proper end to Jack than an awful, loosely tied and easily retconnable sequel to a good anime-esque cartoon. I despise Korra on a number of levels, but some small little insignificant piece within me has hope that one day, if the world stops being mad, they'll retcon the fuck out of this trash and forget it ever existed.

Bitch looks like fucking ET.

Bryke would never retcon their waifu out of existence, the changes made in Korra to the cannon and the damage done to the overall universe were entirely intentional on their part.

They George Lucas'd it. They're idea guys, people who can spout out the occasionally interesting idea here or there that can be worked into something good with a talented enough writer behind them. This lead to their success and people began to build them up as the figureheads behind this giant infallible thing, except that they realized that all of the things people liked aren't actually things that they did.

They essentially took credit for other people's work, and this jealousy/guilt drove them to start shoving their own ideas into the narrative and universe unfiltered. The Legend of Korra wasn't really a sequel as much as it was a hard reset of everything within the Avatar universe, where Bryke got to wave their hands and finally make all of the stupid bullshit they wanted to shove into the first show cannon.

So essentially, censorship and restrictions were what kept Avatar from being complete shit and what turned it into the marvel we loved, and Korra was everything that could've gone wrong and then some, except it did? Korra truly was a mistake… Avatar itself was just lie and a mistake… Fuck it hurts.

Basically what Zappa said in the first part of this video. Also Aaron was able to tell this fuckers to STFU because their ideas were stupid or need to be re-worked. Without that filter they start to pander to the idiots of tumblr and their "progressive" clique of acquaintances.

Its funny because the same thing holds true for Ren and Stimpy. When on Nickelodeon with all the restrictions, they were at their best, but then get rid of everything holding them back, and you get the disaster that was the Adult Party Cartoon.

Samurai Jack is rated TV14
Avatar is for KIDS rated like Y7

Fucking newfaggots need to leave.

Not really. What kept if from being shit was having someone competent keeping those under, or around him in line with a vision of a good product. Someone with vision, and the will to make it happen can make something decent even with horrible talent.

Even with the sarcasm noted, this entire post really burns my ass.

….Are ya daft or just plain stupid?

We are living in an age of overwhelming newfaggotry.

Because Avatar and Korra are writen by bottom-tier anime fans intended for Naruto loving deviantards. /a/ looks down on MAL, and MAL in turn looks down on the type of people who watch Korra

Do you have the source for that? Just curious.

MAL?

Thought I'd let you guys know I'm still storytiming the SJ comic, now at chapter 8.
>>>/storytime/9147

My Anime List, it's basically Wikipedia for just anime/manga, and the user base can make a list of things watching/watched/dropped and assign a score to them.
Then said score compiles the average to determine the highest rated.

Awww..that just kills it. Never a huge fan of getting into an anime based on hearsay..usually it's not as good as the hype. Take Gurren Lagann for instance..

There's also a fair sized board there, but they tend to like fairly mainstream stuff.

naruto, onepiece, pseudo anime like kora, anything bad
Attack on titan, death note, studio ghibli, whatever's popular
lucky star, k-on, girl und panzer, anything with little girls
/a/+/r9k/
patalabor, getter robo, anything 80s or space opera.

polite sage for anime posting

That's pretty hot tbh

Lucky Star? K-On? Shit…/a/ have very shit taste

So /a/ are moefags?

Maybe..

She wasn't naked. She did appear naked though.
Katara was naked in one scene too

New episode when?

get out

Today

Being naked implies she wasn't wearing anything. Ashi was wearing the dark coal around her body that she peeled off.

If I get naked and roll around in mud, I'm still naked, just also covered in mud. Don't be a fag.

No, you're covered by mud. You're not naked, naked means your body is not covered by anything.

She's totally not naked right guys

You need clothes to not be naked, you fucking faggot. Mud =/= clothing. It provides no protection or cover from the elements. You're still fucking naked.

Clothes weren't made to "protect or cover from the elements," that's what jackets and sweaters are for. Clothes are made for public decency, to cover your private parts. Mud is not clothes, obviously, but it would cover you in decency, meaning you are not naked.

Clothes were invented long before anyone gave a single shit about public decency. If it was about public decency, African tribes wouldn't have women running around with their tits out. The reason we have clothing is literally because we don't have feather, fur, or blubber that protects us like other animals, so we need our own clothes. You want to go up to an inuit and tell them their clothes are just for public decency?

I guess also in our modern time's clothes is a literal lifesaver because of sanitation.

Samurai Jack then proceeded to knock that right the fuck over in 30 seconds flat.

Yea but it's changed in modern times to hide your private parts and are used less as protection from the elements.

???

LOOK AT IT

……………………..==WHAT?==

Shit..fucked up the formatting

That was glorious.
Since the other thread is bumplocked I'm reposting this here: imgur.com/a/vqmN7

I haven't seen the episode yet I was sick and too tired

Get off Holla Forums and go watch it then.

I mean, I'm just a bit miffed that they had to make it a romance and not…you know, the father and daughter relationship they kinda had. Especially that backfur scene..kinda like a dad trying to be cool in front of his teenage daughter but wound up looking like a dork

I say good for them. And for the salt.

Already am, I had it recorded

Which one was that?

What year is this? Cease that faggotry and download the episode in HD.
mega.nz/#!tXpkFIqA!ObrQGi9HyJAz4KlgXwBRVHY3lkS7dhIah6pKftIZhfY

Hey, it's better than Korrasami.

user, it's just his way of getting back to the past.

Ayy

He recorded it on VHS with his new VCR

fuck off.

What else to expect from a Jew?

Jack's always been a sperg around women, unless their lives are in immediate danger.

He's a goddamn knight trained in Chivalry. By now, he should especially know the ways of romance, and how to go about him. If that kike knew what was good, he'd make this shoehorned relationship a lot more than some romcom trash.

I think Jack should've been gay too.

You gotta love Genndy.

He's a goddamn Samurai trained in Bushido. The only human woman he's ever known is his mother and he's been trapped in a hellscape of robots and nigger ayylmaos for those 50 years.

I mean… He didn't seem that autistic with Ikra, for what that's worth.

He's a samurai trained in Bushido, that's a completely different thing and it doesn't teach you the secret arts of romance you fucking fag. At best he knows how to be modest and respectful to women, he's always been a sperg bad at dealing with getting hit on, at best he's oblivious, at worst he's a total autismo. When the female bounty hunter makes passes at him he's completely oblivious.

It's far from out of character for him to be embarrassed to see Ashi naked. Just admit that you faggots are assmad he got some pussy and you can no longer relate.

He was embarrassed and awkward there too. And Ikra didn't get full on nude in the middle of a fight.

Not an argument.

Bushido is different in that it's even more prude and conserved. Asian culture around heroes and women tends to favour celibacy to the utmost extreme. Any man that bothers to let a woman get in front of his goals, as is seen in the episode, is meant to suffer the consequences. Bitches ain't shit, to put it plain.

He's definitely seen other women. He had no problem around the Scotsman's wife or any alien women. He got his first kiss as a little kid, too.
He splerged about Aku when he was a hot bitch, but I think that's more because she's a semen demon.

Confirmed for not knowing shit about the samurai class or Japanese culture

This one.

Not an argument.

Anyway, you're mixing up Asian culture with the culture of regions with Abrahamic religions (Christian Europe, the Middle East, etc…). Asia is actually very sexually free compared to these places, and were much more so before Christianity spread.
Asian cultures brought us shit like the Kamasutra, user. Many of these cultures have concubines, because

Japan in particular horrified Christian Europe when they finally opened up their doors to the West. Pillow books (pics related) were unseemly, Geisha were thought of as prostitutes (something not too far off- they had sex with their clients on occasion, and in the Edo period, when a Geisha came of age her virginity would be auctioned off to the highest bidder), and night visits (men visiting women's houses under the guise of night and having sex with them if they were interested) were a common practice especially in Western Japan.
PDA was not really accepted, but sexuality itself was. The samurai themselves are not 'heroes,' they were essentially just knights. They were a feudal class that were given license to kill. Because they were a class, they'd need to have a wife to make children with. There's no reason to assume that it was unseemly for a samurai to be anything but celibate– if he was, that would mean his clan would die out. More likely, he had many children and perhaps even bastard children.
Homosexuality was also really common, especially with samurai. Samurai having sex with men was better and more macho than having sex with women, like you see with the vikings and ancient Greeks. They would molest and fuck their apprentices (shudo).

Outside the homosexuality stuff, you may be interested in 'Amorous Women of the Floating World.' It's a manga about sexuality in Edo-period Japan.

Here's some pics of Amorous Women of the Floating World, by the way.

Even less than that, as being a knight was less a caste and more a sort of lofty option upper castes had if they followed the proper steps. Samurai were just a servant/warrior caste who, in exchange for absolute loyalty and obedience to their lord, were given the right to do whatever they wanted to lower castes so long as it didn't annoy their lords.

>>>/auschwitz/

A feudal landlord taking advantage of serfs doesn't mean knights were pump-dumping degenerates who had no self-control.

Still not an argument. Knights are cooler looking than Samurais though.

Sorry to tell you, knights were a bunch of jackasses. They also fucked men. The Knight's Templar was known for homosexuality, actually.

Samurai where a caste, being a knight was a profession that members of the gentry and nobility could reach through following the proper steps. Feudal Japan was also pretty fucking degenerate and barely able to keep their degeneracy out of the streets.

It's from an episode, but I think it was probably supposed to sound like Austin Powers or something. It's too similar.

You watch too much (((TV))).
>>>/auschwitz/

Still not an argument.

Stop thinking exclusively in memes dipshit. The Dark Ages being an exaggeration by Renaissance douchebags has nothing to do with what they're talking about, and it doesn't mean everyone in Medieval gentry/nobility were spotless angels free of all degeneracy.

>>>/auschwitz/

Except for the part where knights and samurai are apparently stacked full of degenerates like some merc band. Chivalry? Bushido? Nothing, according to you. Now, those Muslims, on the other hand. I bet they were just angels. Weren't they?

Show me some charts, faggot.

You really need to work on your arguments, kiddo. I guess this is what happens when your primary board is a hugbox.

Again, that has nothing to do with whether or not the Dark Ages were real because that shit was true before and after they supposedly happened. The myth of the Dark Ages is about the Church oppressing people and suppressing knowledge and old literature, stuff that was either made up or exaggerated by scholars during the Renaissance who had hateboners for the church.
You have no fucking idea what Bushido even was do you? It in no way resembles any idea you have of Chivalry, it's just a code about how Samurai are completely subservient to their lords no matter what. It says nothing about chastity or anything related to sex outside of not letting it get in the way of serving your lord, and even if it did it wouldn't be prudish in the slightest because the Japanese have never considered most of the shit we're talking about degenerate to begin with.
As for Chivalry, just because it existed doesn't mean that there weren't tons of corrupt assholes who violated it, there always is and always will be corruption in any caste or field. Plus most of the loftier shit people associate with Chivalry was actually made up by poets.
Yes user, anyone who disagrees with you is just a pozzed shill who supports Sharia Law. I'm starting to think you're just a troll.

The Dark Ages was a European thing, you dumb fag. Or are you so certain the Japs are secretly white that you thought that they were originally in Europe and that the country was moved by aliens or something?

>>>/auschwitz/

Right, so these lords and kings many swore their lives to were totally corrupt, ja? All of the Europeans and specifically the Japanese were pussy-popping imbeciles with no sense of justice, down to the very last man with a blade. Still no charts!

In the first episode he is sent around the world to learn from the various forms of fighting and culture around the world. The Middle East, Africa, Asia, Europe, he trains under a bunch of people so he must have a bit of everything underneath his belt and while he probably follows the Bushido stuff more closely due to it being his heritage, he still probably learned from several cultures about their own ways of speaking to or interacting with the opposite sex.

I think it's less about how he was trained and more about who he is as a person - All he did for like 50 years was mope and grow a beard. He may have interacted with people BEFORE those 50 years but it's obvious that he didn't really interact with many people. None of his friends seemed to know much about his whereabouts or how long he's been gone, so it's obvious he hasn't even talked to those that he would call his friends for a while. After 50 years, his only comrade is a sexy ninja woman who's flirting with him and she doesn't know anything about love in the first place - Let's be real, they're a couple of autists who are getting together because they don't really know what their feelings are.

You're exaggerating what I'm saying to make it sound like I'm accusing everyone in history of being degenerate when I'm just claiming it was the Japanese and a few instances of corrupt knights.
You don't prove this with, you prove it with historical accounts and citations. Honestly I should admit on the European side these are limited and it's mostly conjecture that I was agreeing with because I got too into the argument and allowed myself to make a dumb dichotomy, so sorry about that. On the Japanese side however there is a shit ton of proof because it's common knowledge and no one in Japan ever denied that their culture was like that, they were always unashamed degenerates. I've walked into antique stores with Japanese collections and half the time it's almost entirely ivory carvings of men fucking each other in the ass, there's tons of 'classical' art of this as well as stuff like that historical manga that user posted above.
There's actually a samurai proverb/riddle type quote about how serving an evil master is the ultimate proof of loyalty. I'll skim through my Usagi Yojimbos and post it later.

>>>/a/

Korra sucked but Jack is terrible at handling the concept of "balance"
How the fuck is that balance?
Why is such a simple concept so difficult for them to get right?

Apology accepted. Try not to forget what the user above mentioned, as well. He was trained in practically every code of honor, around the known world, but apparently 50 years of service makes him act like a hormonally-challenged nerd, rather than a supreme gentleman.

I guess it could be argued that the negative aspects dominated Jack for so long that he had to destroy them to balance it out. Though I get your point about balance in Western media in general. It bugged me in the Original Trilogy of Star Wars.

Star Wars CAN kind of make sense, it's just that the dark side as Lucas saw it is explained poorly. Supposedly as it's originally intended, the Dark Side of the Force isn't the opposite end of some spectrum, it's just a term for people who try to warp and dominate the force to be completely subservient to their will rather than letting it flow through them as it does all things, like they're supposed to.

I thought the dark side was the use of passion whilst light side was logic? Or something like that?

It's basically all bullshit that no one completely thought through until years later in EU shit. Light Side just means you prefer green and blue to red, that's the only real reason the sith and jedi have been murdering each other for millenia.

I like that a hell of a lot better than the EU explanation.

I said knights are cooler than samurais. How is that saying the middle ages were bad? I like that period.

counter-saged

beautiful

You should watch RomComs. You're basically getting the same trash from the same kikes.

When does episode 9 begin?

Because Nickelodeon was constantly fucking around with the show. They kept asking for more and cutting the budget. It was originally supposed to be a miniseries half the length of book 1 but partway through production they wanted a whole season, and so on and so forth for the rest of the show.

She's literally Aku's daughter. Who knows what power she has.
Scotsman needed closure (fitting death) and he got that, along with an excuse for us to see him in his former glory like we do with Jack in his gi again.

No, it's because Bryke are terrible writers and Ehasz wasn't around to reign them in.

>>>/reddit/

counter-saged

White weebs who has abandoned their culture is going to tear you a new one for saying that,

Knights, Samurai, and Janissaries, all cool, all romanticised martial emblems of their nation's history.

They're those arab KGB knights right?

Ottoman. Warrior brotherhood. Skilled in both melee and ranged combat. Somewhat difficult to control. Converted from Christian children across the Balkans.

You're gonna try to feel smug about that. Aren't you?

Jack needs the scottsman to teach him how to pick out the right girls.

sauce?

Those characters were so fucking cool. I'd watch a spin-off with them.

the fact that the whole episodes focuses on them, then kills them off so pathetically kinda sucks. you almost get to like them

I agree.

I missed them.

You forgot Hussars and Cowboys.

Same. I love those season 4 episode where they showed the "other side" of Jack's usual fodder. If these guys had just been fodder in another episode with no real backstory, you never would've thought much about them. Imagine what deep stories his other enemies carry. Also, that Winter episode where Jack easily beats that Troll and his ice sword would've also been treated as "oh Jack kills another monster, good", but instead you get to see his backstory and all he went through to forge that ice sword with his people and to test it against the might of Jack to prove his worth. It was poetic.

And yeah, I'd kill for a spinoff of those guys and see them help the princess save her people.

I noticed in Season 4 they had a few episodes like that, and in all of them Jack had his hat. It's like the difference between struggling protagonist Jack and Force of Nature Jack is whether or not the sun is in his eyes. It's a neat touch.

I think that Jack did not kill them. The angry side of Jack was talking about the first killed human and that was one of Aku daughters.

Totally fine.

I'm sure they had parachutes.

Still could of done Scaramouches death better as-well as not rushed the sword recovery