Good idea?

I bought Apple MacBook MC207LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop. How fucked am I? Should I install Linux? I didn't mean to.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MC207LL-13-3-Inch-VERSION/dp/B002QQ8EKO
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

highly recommend to use ssd and upgrade ram to 8gb.

how much did you paid??

(you) should get yourself checked for AIDS.

I'd put OSX on there. You bought a Mac you might as well take advantage. Does it have an Nvidia GPU? You could put Final Cut Pro and Aperture on there and fart around with it.

It's a Core2Duo. I doubt you could put more than 4GB in it. Maybe less than that.

This. Use the operating system that has been designed for it. Linux will work, but it won't be as nice of an experience.

What these two said. Hardware-software synergy also provides unparalleled system security, especially with period-accurate versions of the OS.

These things have pretty nice keyboard and tcackpad. Put a lightweight distro and cover up the gay logo with a GNU sticker and it'll be comfy

And everything just works there.
Need a root access? No problem.

If you installed linux you could use more then 4gb in PAE mode.

Or you could install linux and use blender and gimp with actually updated GPU drivers for nouveau that are entirely FOSS.

OP heed this man's advice and get checked for AIDS. Following that install linux on the laptop and encrypt your hardrive as the BIOS's on macbooks are a special target for glow in the darkies.

you should put it up on craiglist for $900 like every other hipster faggot that thinks their 10 year old macbook is still worth a grand.

Maybe not 1k but it certainly is worth more then their street shitting laptops of 2017. Atleast if you are going to install openbsd or some *nix flavor and use it for more hardend security.

amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MC207LL-13-3-Inch-VERSION/dp/B002QQ8EKO
this exact model is actually only going for $150-200 on amazon

which still seems overpriced for an 8 year old laptop. thinkpad has to be a better choice and around that price range.

wat?

Core2 was 64-bit as was 10.6. The bigger issue is that it uses DDR2 RAM and you would have to pay out the ass to get 2 x 4GB SO-DIMMS.

Linux is a kernel.

stalled meme
move on

are you implying that Terry Davis is CIA nigger?

also the question was not about CIA niggers, but more about why do you think that macbooks BIOS (EFI actually) is a special target

…and how a disk encryption would "solve" that. (yeah I know it must be used anyway, but I don't see how does that follow)

Install Debian or something on it. It'll work fine after that, but it's a Mac so don't expect to do anything intensive with it.

This.

Shut up, faggot.

Chipset will probably support at least 8GB. It's 64-bit so there's no address limitations in the CPU. OP should be able to put more than 4GB in.

No, not at all. The keyboards are horrible.

It's okay I guess.

The picture answered both your questions. But have a hint, wikileaks shewed cianigger documents revealing they have a special hard on for apple products.

I bought my 8470p at auction for $100 in like new condition, with the only visible sign of use being sticker residue from the company id

My advice would be to just use the mac's OS. The point of buying a mac is to use their OS. In your case you get your hardware support and battery life.

Not very, it supports Libreboot.

DELET

???

I know that OPs ancient machine does not run High Sierra :^)

These are actually decent shitposting machines. It's a 2009 with 8GB max and nvidia graphics. You can run the latest mac os and it will be quite acceptable, but stick to 10.9 for better responsiveness. I used to truple boot between 10.6 (supports PPC software and really screams on this machine), 10.9 (for productivity/work since it supports icloud) and 10.11 (purely for shitposting)

SSD and ram upgrade should be the first thing you do. Enjoy the trackpad, it's amazing. You can get parts on ebay for these machines very cheap. Better pepper your angus regarding the AC adapter though, the shitty thin lead going to the machine is engineered to fail.

On the software front, stick to Safari as it's the fastest browser on there. Or else try Firecucks quantum, but try to de-botnet it. Use Vienna RSS for your 8ch thread catchup needs. Adium will handle IMs. There are a couple of fan control utilities out there, i'd turn up the idle fan speed a bit to keep temperatures a little cooler. These core 2s ran a lot warmer than the i5s that followed.

I had a macbook pro of this era I got for cheap, unfortunately the shitty ebay seller who 'repaired' it must have reflowed the system board because now it just freezes a few minutes after booting, only lasted about 3 months.

That's such a great term for it - a shitposting machine.

integrated unchangeable battery is pure kikery to push the stupid apple goyim to buy new macbooks, it's a guaranteed expiry. I assume this can be actually changed though if you buy the special apple screwdrivers apple requires to make this inconvenient.