Google/Mozilla/Red Hat - Evil Companies Thread

How do we fight corporate interests posing as proponents of FOSS initiatives but slapping their users in the face?

The isolationist stances of Stallman will fail and die after he croaks, so we need an alternative to radical purism. Where's the compromise? Decentralization? I feel that undermining the concentration of power is the only way to fight these subhuman scum.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zuDDCug2fag
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Blow it out your arse, commie.

They make hundreds of millions of dollars every year from servicing "free" software. Does that seem a bit odd to you?

I'm not a communist.

I made about $200 last year just by installing Linux Mint on people's old laptops. Scale that up to a few government agencies, a few stock exchanges, and like a third of the internet, and I can believe it.

Compromise always leads to compromise and is therefore not an option.
I agree that decentralization is a necessity though. Only problem is that decentralization means compatibility problems and it'll therefore be hard to convince normalfags of the benefits of not handing a corporation an your entire psychological profile.

Service isn't free, you dumb nigger

implying it is a isolationist stance
The only compromise for using non-free software is for reverse engineering.
Install tor/gnunet nodes at your home and at your friend willing to participate.
Implying it's religious.
The stance of RMS is the one that everyone had before 1984, it's has neutral has anything, what isn't neutral tho is open source and non-free software.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Ok IT wage slave.

Just come out and say it.

I'm trying my hardest.

Tne names have changed, but the story is still the same.

I'm starting to notice a pattern here

not feeling like risking have to bunk with bubba because a guy in Kazakhstan decided to download cp and it got routed through my node

That only applies to exit nodes.

And I don't even like Red Hat.

Forking is the answer

Every thread with a 3DPD as op image should be deleted. Seriously throwing these 3 together is stupid.

That's one of the best photoshoots.

Agreed

My opinion is that in fact, freedom to sell free software turns out to be "let's make it so complex and bloated, that people will be forced to use our tech support only". This is what Red Hat is doing, this is why systemd a software written by RedHat employee is disdained. Free software should be free as in beer and serviced by free will of interested hackers, not phone line pajeets and "notabug" corporate programmers. Making money off euphemeral electronic information is as immoral as renting and selling movies over Internet.
t. communalist

Nobody is forcing you away from writing your perfect "simple" and "unbloated" software, Redhat is not stopping you either. It is you yourself who refuses to write the software you want to see.

do you mean people's temple?

Ok, we get it, you install gentoo so you can jerk off to hentai in your mom's basement and you do it for free. Everybody give you a round of applause.

You could blow your brains out right now and nobody would give a fuck.

Simple, murder all the companies employees and CEOs in existence.

Asspained

Make better alternatives, OP

You can't. They are backed by the elites.

cia nigger

Go jerk off to Emma Watson in your mom's van.

How many times do we need to say this it is free as in freedom not free as in free beer.

systemd
pulseaudio
networkmanager

Developers at Red Hat saw an inadequacy in the programs offered by the GNU/Linux operating systems, and so they created ones to improve the quality of GNU/Linux. Distro developers saw that the programs Red Hat developed were worth putting in their distributions, and so they did. Some distributions do not use some of Red Hat's programs because they consider them unfit. It's all free software. Red Hat isn't enforcing the use of any of the software they developed. Anyone can create a different program as a replacement to systemd, pulseaudio, or networkmanager, and people have. It's fair to say that programs developed by Red Hat are bad in some way, but that does not mean Red Hat is evil.

Maybe you forgot the part where all their shit depends on each other. Do you think systemd would have been the same if GNOME had nothing to do with it? Maybe , but this technique sure helps them.

Except you can use different shit still even with with GNOME. Upstart and Shepherd init are proof of that.

You are the kind of person that is OK with whatever politician is elected or with big food corporations putting poison in food because "if it exists it's because people buy/vote it".
You deserve your mediocre existence.

It stands for both. Libre is more like free to use, distribute, modify, etc.

We'll see if you still believe that after your balls drop and they're ripped out of you by the communal death squad.

Oh sweet, the redhat pr dept is at work tonight. At least, we can say that you're dependable.

This. I can't stand such obvious shilling.

i can smell cia nigger in this post
terry is coming for you !
you should runaway

Guys, go buy an Apple iMac.

That's his standard plausible deniability defense when asked why he runs over CIAniggers with his tank.

lol
youtu.be/zuDDCug2fag
DESTROY THE CAPITALISTS AAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHH WE'RE TAKING OUR FREE SOFTWARE BACK

Dude, he's schizophrenic. It's impossible for him to find me because he's schizophrenic.

Good one! You should be a comedian.

Is there a good alternative browser for android, Firefox is the only thing that just works with everything, brave is close but sometimes shits itself when it comes to embedded videos

Are...are you joking?

So the systemd bloat meme is not only real but intentional too? It all make sense now.

It's almost as if Red Hat was a CIAnigger op to steer and poz Linux.

Wew a lotta child rape going on there.

Error: evil not defined

If (money==evil){
sage();
}