Article posted today by the New York Post

The war on ‘fake news’ is all about censoring real news

archive.is/YTuMo
://nypost.com/2016/12/04/the-war-on-fake-news-is-all-about-censoring-real-news/

>What the left is trying to do is designate anything outside its ideological bubble as suspect on its face.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/28/alt-right-online-poison-racist-bigot-sam-harris-milo-yiannopoulos-islamophobia
archive.is/YTuMo
archive.is/vT5j0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm amazed that anybody can't see through this bullshit, and yet my fucking parents who wake up every day to the sound of NPR coming out of their alarm clock have been parroting this "fake news" meme religiously.

I suppose it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing is real censorship was implemented.

I'd finally get politically active in real life if I didn't have my echo-chamber here and on other like-minded websites.

Never meme this.
We must fight against it.

I suspect it's a form of confirmation bias. Taken critically, news is news - there is nothing truly fake in it unless the article is 100% made from whole cloth. So what are these critics suggesting? That everything that can be found on Breitbart, Zerohedge, Wikileaks etc., is complete fabrication? If it isn't, then by definition it is not fake news. They could get away with "misinformation" at best, but "fake" is stretching it too far to a degree bordering on blatant propagandism.

How do you figure?

This goes far beyond disarming ability to spread your message - it is an attempt to paint anything you say as discredited out of hand, activism or not. That is a tough hill to fight up, and there is no reason that it should be the case.

Thankfully this is getting very big.
But what will be (((their))) response?

Well shit

That's the main fucking feature of the MSM.

How far are they going to take this?

And it's beautiful.

(((they))) don't just lie by mistake
(((they))) don't just lie by omission
(((they))) are using psyOps on US

perhaps these images will give you a clue…

I had to check if the article didn't really write King Nigger

same here.

;^)

Same here, I thought then maybe the article was from somewhere else and OP was screwing around.
I'm honestly surprised the NY Post even addressed this, let alone directly without sugarcoating or excusing the bullshit narrative. They've pretty much subjected themselves to being dubbed another outlet of 'fake news' by the bigger ones. Anyone know what they were like during the election? Have they flipped or did they make some attempt not to be propaganda?

This 'fake news' shit is just another expression like 'conspriacy theory'.
Here's an article from the guardian; a respected newspaper from my country.

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/28/alt-right-online-poison-racist-bigot-sam-harris-milo-yiannopoulos-islamophobia

It is total bollocks. Notice that the URL states that 'comment is free'. Well guess what? They shut the comments down as most of them were calling them out.

Fake news? Aye, right…

Seeing that logo, I remember reading a funny article on the site, can't remember more. But, they have to be an alternative to NYT if they want to compete on the market.

Right, makes sense. I looked through their affiliates and my only point of reference as an ausfag was The Australian, which is by far the best major newspaper here at countersignalling the liberal narrative. I've no doubt that at the top they're all in it for shekels but it's nice nonetheless that they seem to have a spine.

The msm is worse at being an echobox. It narrates for the highest bidder.

I almost forgot about this..

Kek
Made me look too. Guess the meme is finally getting attention through sources breaking from the pack.

… is the free market fixing this again?

Honestly, the no guns thing is a myth. Americans seem to think we have illegal kitchen knives.
I find it amusing and often play to the stereotype. It's funny. We have loads of guns.
Pic is the gun shop in my town. Don't tell the Yanks.

So you can walk outside in the street with a gun in your shoulder without getting in trouble?
If you can't don't even fucking reply, that's not real freedom and kill yourself.

As soon as i get decent enough income i will be joining a club to purchase the same.
But.. i do dislike the lack of stand your ground laws in my country (aus). In fact, we have little legal right of protection in our home. If you kill an intruder, you must hide the body.

Which is why we have so many eskies :^)

As soon as i get decent enough income i will be joining a club to purchase the same.
But.. i do dislike the lack of stand your ground laws in my country (aus). In fact, we have little legal right of protection in our home. If you kill an intruder, you must hide the body.

Which is why we have so many eskies :^)

Woops

no, you dont have guns. you cant have assault raifus, you have to have a giant checklist that puts the gov. even further up your ass just so you can buy a bolt action or a shotgun.
tell me about the glorious conceal carry laws that Britain has.
Or how you can waltz down to a gun show, slap some cash on the table and buy a 7.62 semi auto, no background checks, no questions and buy 3000 rounds at the same time.
Or tell me about how your olympic shooters have to go out of the country so they can practice their handgun skills.

you can own guns technically, but the restrictions and bullshit you have to put up with makes california look like texas. You think you can own guns, but compared to glorious burger land its a joke.

I dont say this to shit on your country asian rape gangs but to try and show you that, no, in fact you cannot have firearms and that is a real threat to your ability to counter (((globalists))) and the islamic invasion

NBC alters audio in Tryavon Martin shooting:
On Today, an edited segment about the Trayvon Martin case, producers aired a clip of the phone call that deleted the dispatcher's question, "Was he black, white, or Hispanic?"
Other news sources called out NBC's "error" as a dangerous, perhaps-intentional inaccuracy: Creating the illusion that Zimmerman brought up Martin's race unprompted—and directly after stating that he seemed to be "up to no good"

NBC rigs truck to explode for newscast:
NBC set out yesterday to close the book on its "Dateline NBC" debacle with a blizzard of high-minded statements, three firings, a demotion and the creation of a task force to avoid similar mistakes.

But sources at NBC News wondered whether top network management understood how deep the news division's problems ran and how they led to the rigged test-crash of a General Motors Corp. pickup during a November broadcast.

"Understand us clearly," NBC President and CEO Bob Wright said in a statement. "On the night of Nov. 17, 1992, a piece of bad journalism went out over our air. It reflected neither our character nor our intent. . . . It must not happen again."

An investigation commissioned by NBC laid the blame on three "Dateline" producers, who were forced to resign over the weekend: Jeff Diamond, former executive producer; David Rummel, a senior producer; and Robert Read.

This "fake news" happens all the time in so called "mainstream" outlets. I remember when the first "assault gun" ban was being pushed, CNN was presenting their views on it while showing video of a FULL AUTO weapon being fired…lying without saying a word.

So where was the governmental outrage when this was happening? Why no suggestion that only "approved news" be allowed presentation?

Fuck the pukeling media, they can go to hell.
We have a 1st Amendment, so the discussion is fucking OVER.

Please define "legal"

When you say legal, you make it sound as if any adult can simply walk into a gun store, buy one of these with cash, and walk out.

For some reason, what I think you mean when you say "legal" is.

Or something very similar.

Your ownership of firearms is limited to toy-calibers and bolt actions. You have no right to purchase the weapons, you always have to ask for permission. You have no ability to store or utilize your weapons for self defense. You don't even have the ability to target practice unless you do so on a designated range.

Your so called legal weapons are only available for the rich, well connected, or those persistent enough to deal with constantly jumping through hoops. I'd wager that it is probably a bit more simple to acquire some shit-tier .17HMR hunting rifle if you live in a rural area and the local police recognize your need to deal with varmint control. However, I'd bet most urban and suburban citizens get consistently fucked over and denied by their law enforcement.

OP:
literally one day later:
What even is the NY Post? Are they legally obligated to fill a propaganda quota?
links: archive.is/YTuMo archive.is/vT5j0

That image is wrong.

name a firearm that is outright banned in the US
that isnt a fucking explosive

Aren't full auto shotties banned?

The US doesn't even have a united firearms legislation, does it? Isn't most of it decided state by state?

full auto is heavily regulated.
you have to spend a few grand on licenses and shit, tho as points out id bet the foreskin the kikes took from me that cali and jew york have outright banned full auto

Destroy Holla Forums would be the most gross miscalculation in the history of Judaism, they have no idea of the forces they will unleash if they do so.

Now i kinda hope they do it, so we can start actualy taking over the state and ovening these dumb fucks.

The picture is bullshit.
And revolvers are completely illegal on mainland UK. What the deceitful OP has done is conflate Northern Ireland (where restrictions are less draconian) with the rest of the UK.
For example, there's a picture of a revolver - you CANNOT own a revolver on mainland Britain, unless it is an antique black powder revolver.
By the way, pellet guns are outlawed in Scotland from Jan 1st 2017. OP will say they are "legal" because they can still be owned under the same restrictions you listed, in reality hardly anyone will pass the license application procedure because the same restrictions, legitimate need, place to use and store etc, will apply to pellet guns.

So the place which has recently had a civil war has more lenient gun laws? Makes sense.

National Firearms Act of 1934 requires paperwork and $200 tax stamp for shotguns with barrels under 18" or rifles with barrels under 16"

Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 made it illegal to manufacture/import new machine guns.

Yes, and that's why.
So many people need hand guns for personal protection that they're part of the normal application process.

The restrictions in the UK are much worse than that graphic implies. For example the pump action shotgun, yet it's possible to get a license for a pump action shotgun but the magazine is limited to two shots, by law.

Anything over .50cal

For the low down, check out this pdf.

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/518193/Guidance_on_Firearms_Licensing_Law_April_2016_v20.pdf

They're getting rid of this at colleges as well. Even that list of radical professors going around now is a bit discouraging. I know that it lists mostly communists, and that if there were any justice in this world, they would all get lined up and shot, but it also seemingly contains names of holocaust deniers.

Outright banned weapons summed up:

Those weapons and ammunition, which are prohibited, consist of:
i)
any firearm which is so designed or adapted that two or more missiles can be
successively discharged without repeated pressure on the trigger (section 5(1)(a));
ii)
any self-loading or pump-action rifled gun other than one which is chambered for .22
rimfire cartridges (section 5(1)(ab));
iii)
any firearm which either has a barrel less than 30 centimetres in length or is less than
60 centimetres in length overall, other than an air weapon, a muzzle-loading gun or a
firearm designed as signalling apparatus (section 5(1)(aba));
iv)
any self-loading or pump-action smooth-bore gun which is not an air weapon or
chambered for .22 rimfire cartridges and either has a barrel less than 24 inches in
length or is less than 40 inches in length overall (section 5(1)(ac));
v)
any smooth-bore revolver gun other than one which is chambered for 9mm rimfire
cartridges or a muzzle-loading revolver gun (section 5(1)(ad))
vi)
any rocket launcher, or any mortar, for projecting a stabilised missile, other than a
launcher or mortar designed for line-throwing or pyrotechnic purposes or as signaling
apparatus (section 5(1)(ae));
vii)
any air rifle, air gun or air pistol that uses, or is designed or adapted for use with, a
self-contained gas cartridge system (section 5(1)(af));
viii)
any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any
noxious liquid, gas or other thing (section 5(1)(b));
ix)
any cartridge with a bullet designed to explode on or immediately before impact, any
ammunition containing or designed or adapted to contain any such noxious thing as is
mentioned in (viii) above and, if capable of being used with a firearm of any description,
any grenade, bomb or other like missile, or rocket or shell designed to explode as
aforesaid (section 5(1)(c));
x)
any firearm which is disguised as another object (section 5(1A)(a));
xi)
any rocket or ammunition not falling within (ix) above which consists of, or incorporates,
a missile designed to explode on or immediately before impact and is for military use
(section 5(1A)(b));
xii)
any launcher or other projecting apparatus not falling within (vi) above which is
designed to be used with any rocket or ammunition falling within (xi) above or with
ammunition which would fall within that paragraph but for it being ammunition falling
within (ix) above (section 5(1A)(c));
xiii)
any ammunition for military use which consists of, or incorporates, a missile designed
so that a substance contained in the missile will ignite on or immediately before impact
(section 5(1A)(d));
xiv)
any ammunition for military use which consists of or incorporates a missile designed,
on account of its having a jacket and hard-core, to penetrate armour plating, armour
screening or body armour (section 5(1A)(e));
xv)
any ammunition which incorporates a missile designed or adapted to expand on
impact (section 5(1A)(f));
xvi)
anything which is designed to be projected as a missile from any weapon and is
designed to be, or has been incorporated in, any ammunition falling within any of the
preceding paragraphs (see xiii, xiv and xv above); or any ammunition which would fall
within any of those paragraphs but for it being specified at (ix) above (section 5(1A)(g)).

Full-auto is federally regulated. Also, considering the kikes in CA are forcing us to ship our ammo through an FFL, it actually makes it easier to get your (FFL) license.

I don't understand how anyone with liberal ideals can support a president who bombs the middle east and puts monsanto in charge of the fda but whatever fucking brainwashing.

There's no such thing as a full auto shotgun, it would be impossible to aim. Can you fags stop getting baited and derailing for 5 fucking minutes. Every thread is being shit up with these same unrelated arguments over and over.

Well lets design a godawful /k/ cringing gun that is compliant with all these regulations

You can't do this in America (CA) either. I just bought a gun today and I had to:
All for a basic entry level AR15 that will become classed as an assault weapon starting January 1 and become illegal to sell or buy. AFAIK all rifles will become illegal on new years and you will need a license and all transactions to go into a database for buying ammunition as well.

Carrying handguns concealed is completely banned unless you are police or registered as a bodyguard. No open carry whatsoever is allowed and the only way you can take guns outside is locked with an official California gun lock, unloaded, in the trunk of a car. At home they are required to be locked unloaded in a safe or with trigger lock in a separate location from ammunition. If someone accesses your gun and does so much as take it outside you are held criminally liable. And gun shows? All private party transfers must go through a licensed dealer and all transactions are recorded in a state database.

Bongistan has it better.

I should note the background check was at my own expense and altogether I paid about $100 in bureaucracy fees for an $800 rifle. Pic related is supposedly about $550 in uncucked states.

Well I fucked up, on mobile and read the 15 as II. I got the M&P Sport 2

the fact that you can buy that rifl and take it home is STILL superior to bongistan. in bongistan you couldnt even purchase that caliber or keep it in your home. Yes as fuckin gay and retarded as cali is why the fuck do you still live there brits have it worse

that looks bent. Is it on an incline or something?

I dunno, it's a pic from Google images. I'm still on my waiting period before I can pick mine up.

Point taken, though next year it will be illegal which is why I'm getting it now despite obscene costs so I can be grandfathered in

All of these are legal with a destructive devices permit.

WE BOLSHEVIK NOW

nice

there are few cities in the US where you can do that dildo

API is the worst kind of blowback.

If he has it, Atschisson should have his mechanical engineering degree revoked for this alone. Saiga isn't perfect either, but at least it operates on a proven action.

They can't and won't stop the direction they're going in. They'll either get a Big Brother, mass censorship type state, or they'll be defeated before it gets to that level.

I still won't read your articles after what you did to Trump, fuck you.

Notice that the pistol has a long barrel, and an attached arm-brace? Pistols are legal if they are over either 22´ or 24´in overall length.

t. was previously thinking about moving to uk.

I can, though the cops are more likely to cause problems about it (though legal) than they would have 10 years ago.

Be very careful what you meme, user.