Is there a relation of Vaporwave with Capitalism?

Is there a relation of Vaporwave with Capitalism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TDB3I9Pg6H8
dummymag.com/Features/adam-harper-vaporwave
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Vaporwave is satire of capitalism

I heard Fascist's claimed it as their own. Seems like the Nietzsche of the internet art world.

They do that for everything.

Missed an epic get

That'll do nicely

But especially pseudo-science, pederasty and mysticism.

Nah they take that and claim it's actual science.

They're both bad.

Yes. Vaporwave is a satire of the alienation of late stage capitalism. Sadly the point is lost on autists who think "enjoy yourself" is unironically celebrating capitalism.

youtube.com/watch?v=TDB3I9Pg6H8

Laborwave

Vaporwave is about remixing hollow and meaningless sales jingles and branding into an alien sounding but inexplicably familiar tune. It turns the sounds of capitalism on itself as a mockery.

Nietzsche isn't a fascist retard

This is exatly the point he was making, everyone tries to relate nietzsche to their ideology, fascists, anarchists, ancaps, etc.

If Guy Debord was alive he would approve of Vaporwave since it is basically taking commercial music and subverting it to make an anti capitalist message.

It's not satire and there is not deep anti-capitalist message, it's just shit.

I may be wrong, but the way I see it is, as someone before me put it "Vaporwave is satire of 80's consumerism" but also nostalgia for a bygone era. Especially for people born during and after the 80's. People are nostalgic for something they never experienced.

If Debord suddenly resurrected he would kill himself again.

Honestly I think that a lot of leftist thinkers, especially the ones who lived long ago, would kill themselves if they were resurrected.

This, the amount of neckbeard autism in this thread is over the roof…

Why?
"We" in the west have never been this rich before, most people dont have to work hard because of technological improvements that doesnt require hard work. Marx could sit all day drink cheap wine and complain about "consumerism" just like he did in 19th century

If I knew things would still be like they are now in 200-150 years I might just kill myself too

Are you retarded?
Kill yourself now then, shieet…
Nothing is same compared to 1850, if you think that youre really stopid. Imagine yourself living in 1812 middle of a huge war in Europe working in a fucking mine with a rope around your waist, thank god to capitalism and all its improvements to maximize profit.

Weird this art scene is only being talked about like 4 years after the fact.
Someone made a huge fucking article on this topic.

On one of the first vaporwave ppl:
"Over email, Burnett is a staunch anti-capitalist rather than an accelerationist per se. Referencing the French thinker associated the Situationist movement and involved in the aesthetics and ideology of the 1968 protests, he says that with INTERNET CLUB he wanted to do “something very Debordian, about how this capitalistic society has generated a dehumanizing hyperreality by focusing on infinite generation of ideals as shown through commodities. I view society as entering a hyperreal state, and how it has is part of what INTERNET CLUB is about.” IC tracks usually take stock music and music from corporate YouTube videos and degrade them somehow, with effects such as reverb, compression or glitchy looping, which achieves “the defamiliarisation of things we’ve become so use to that we don’t notice them any more”. Corporate culture, he summarises, has lead contemporary society to “deny justice in the name of appeasement and false promises”."

dummymag.com/Features/adam-harper-vaporwave

I think libertarian and liberal accelerationists have basically co-opted vaporware by this point though.

It was always going to be co-opted.
This is definitely detournement, but it doesn't have anywhere to go after the fact. It's a novelty. It's not tied to any kind of political activity or workers' struggles.

It's a tool like any tool to be used. Although an outdated one by this point. The right is beating us at art after 2012 TBQH. I just want a left with a lively and innovative art scene again :(

Vaporwave takes old corporate muzak and mainstream pop from the 80's slows it down, and combines it with the aesthetic of ancient western greek art statues, and asian script.
Vaporwave is pretty much dead and played out in the underground by now, anyone who finds it now is a normie and band wagoner, especially judging by those fiji waters which werent part of the orgianl aesthetic, but hey are evolves/ gets shitty.

I think vaporwave is one of the first musical genres created on the internet.
The first globalized musical genre.
Musical genres used to be localized, like how grunge came out of Seattle, now you and your friends around the world can put together a new genre with the advanced technology we have today in no time.

Other genres like this are witchhouse and seapunk.
Normies think music is dead but is liverler than ever and exploring new frontiers in the internt underground

the left stagnated culturally under obama, when your guy is in office you are on the defensive not the offensive.

absolutely
Well I never voted for him, and actually voted against him.

It's more like when Democrats raise a corporate, deficit-hawk conservative as Jesus Christ on Earth during a fucking great recession, and when they proclaim him to be the most liberal left person electable, and then he inevitably fails to save workers.

Then the left eats shit and the right does well regardless of what the actual left thought about Obama when they actually looked into him.

Isnt it one of the foundation pillars of late capitalism? No longer do they use commercials to force sway consumers to buy their shit. They now release dozens of ideas that might be good and go with the ones that get attention. They siphon some money off useful idiots from the ones that never get any development. Vaporware is capitalism using the consumers to market to themselves for free.