Meme filled shit movies

I'm doing a little research project on where films went to shit even further in the last 20-30 years.
Can you suggest me some reference and meme-heavy titles? I've already gone through Shrek and now slogging through Minions, trying not to crack my head open with frustration.
Planning to watch Deadpool again, Guadians of the Galaxy 1 and 2, the new Thor film when it comes out and maybe that movie about virtual reality in a post-apocalyptic world or something, can't remember the name.

they are truly the craftiest of cuck enablers.

This is something straight out of sleazy blaxploitation kino.

You want a shitty movie, OP? I can't even finish watching the trailer.

???

They don't want to be accused of racism.

Shrek made a lot of jokes, not the contrary
You can grab Rob Schenider films too, along with Adam Sandler

Adam Sandler is the essential memecore.

Tarantino gave cinema the awful quip culture that infects trashy TV shows and the Marvel movies to this day.

star wars prequels

I enjoyed it

dude they're just movies chill
chill man

based

sure, nothing to worry about
A medium that could have been used to further the art and have some really fun shit on display is instead a regurgitation of things we already know.
I CLAPPED, I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW DARTH VAAADEEEEEER! I KNOW WHAT THAT IS!

Edgar Wright is the first thing to come to mind tbh.

That's a really good example, thanks.
I also completely repressed the "X Movie" series, you know "Scary Movie", "Disaster Movie", etc.
While these are technically parodies and not references, they bring next to nothing new to the table and that's what I'm looking for:
Movies that reference pre-existing material and bring nothing new to the table.

I have nothing against the original Shrek, I just thought it was an innocent beginning of the end.
Now I'm thinking it was Shrek 2, considering it achieved half the number of references of Shrek 1 in under 5 minutes.

Try that recent animated Smurfs movie

I can't watch this.
This is a straight up children's cartoon, I couldn't last more than 20 minutes, it's boring me to tears. And in those 20 minutes I only heard 1 pop song and 1 reference.
Same goes for the first Smurfs movie (the live action one).

Is this real?

I expect some really degenerate rule 34

It's only part of the title, it's actually based on an older story about a gentle giant of a black bull.
It JUST fits in today, doesn't it?

Get that reddit shit out of here.
Here's a Holla Forums one.

Just got through Pixels.
I should start counting how many times I got angry and just wanted to turn the movie off altogether, because it was probably between 5 and 10 this time.
30 counts of pop-culture references, 12 shitty videogame related lines, 11 product placements and 2 jokes I found funny.

One thing: survivor bias. The shitty movies in the 80s and 90s are the ones no one remembers, but some may have been popular back then. Check for oscars and box office #1s during Christmas and shit.

Other than that:

It was a bit of a Holla Forums meme, didn't get much recognition outside.

That's just a shitty youtube movie no one cares about.

Those don't have any references in them, Jar-jar's Jar-jar jar is set in the future with no connection to our world and Hobbit is based on the books.
Bee movie will probably have a lot of bee puns and references, knowing how Jerry likes to talk about them airplane peanuts and Ovaltine.
What about LEGO movie, does it have anything other than Batman in it?

Bee movie has a ton of references in it, it's title alone is a pun fot B-movie.