/leftylit/ Thread

Watcha been reading lately, Holla Forums?

I'm finishing up Descartes Meditations on First Philosopy at the moment, and am also in a reading group 3/4 of the way through de Beauvoir's The Ethics of Ambiguity. Next on my list are Freud's Civilisation and Its Discontents, and Zizek's Against the Double Blackmail.

Holla Forums does read, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/reference/archive/descartes/1639/meditations.htm
ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/s/schopenhauer/arthur/lit/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Manifesto for a Democratic Civilization Volume 1 by based Apo

You're gay as hell you little shit and you're on the wrong board.

Lol, Holla Forums doesn't read, they just save collections of grainy jpeg quotes from their homoerotic mysticism manuals.

Shit charts tbh

They pretend the read book selected by their covers.

A book by Carlyle on the French Revolution (which is pretty good, actually); The Art of War, by Machiavelli; and will soon restart reading pic related

Can you Mediations on here for me user? Preferably as an epub or mobi file? The three I downloaded didn't convert very well to my kindle

As for what I'm reading right now, pic related. There was a first volume but I skipped to this one because it has all the good stuff.

Afterwards I dont know what ill read. I have about four different reading lists and I constantly change or jump between them

The copy I'm reading is from the library, but try here: marxists.org/reference/archive/descartes/1639/meditations.htm

Thanks Mein nigger

Haven't read either of the works listed by Beauvoir or Zizek. Have you read any of Hume's Enquiry to Human Understanding and Kant's Prolegomenon? They're basically abridged works of the latter authors' tomes and form a good tripartite.
Civilization and Its Discontents is interesting.

I'll have to look into this one.

pic related is what I'm skimming through.

Finishing up "The Order of Things", recently started "How to Read Lacan" by Z-boy

Harvey is my waifu

I picked up "Against His-Story, Against Leviathan" by Fredy Perlman because I'm trying to learn more about primitivism and also because this cover is quite badass.

I've also been reading some Rousseau and Godwin and recently finished a collection of works by Gerard Winstanley.

Pretty short introduction to a general understanding of how Christianity and anarchism have historically intersected and where to begin interpreting the Bible.

This actually triggers me. Why is GK Chesterton on the list of right wing literature? Why is Orwell on Holla Forums. Ted Kaczynski. Even Christopher Hitchens was a Trotskyist, though he turned neo-conservative.

Because Holla Forums isn't strickly right.wing. Once upon a time this board used to be a part of Holla Forums, you know?

/freedu/ has really slowed down recently, let's try and get it active again.

Trump speeches. Know thy enemy.

Also French Civil War (Marx's).

I miss the /lit/ from years ago.
I need to talk with people that reads for fun.

recently I been interested if any german expressionist literature has been made vailable in english.

nice

No. Holla Forums came from the /int/ifada.

/int/ came to Holla Forums, did not make it.

This:
ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/s/schopenhauer/arthur/lit/index.html

Most of Holla Forums is from /lit/, not Holla Forums. We never had anything to do with that torture chamber.

Gramsci prison notebooks
Cultural hegemony is eye opening tbh

STALIN KILLED 10 BILLION PEOPLE

No Stalin killed 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 people

How do I spectacle, inteligentsia?

where do i find the mega thread for these

Read this and maybe "Spectacular Times" (it's on libcom), then Society of the Spectacle (it's on the anarchist library) and Comments on the Society of the Spectacle (it's on /freedu/, there's a Situ thread).

The Wikileaks Files

He killed a gazzilion with his bare hands, and that was just the white babies.

I ate a white baby this morning. I convinced the mother to abort it because pregnancy was anti-feminist and pure race children was anti-BLM.

Because muh redpill, Stalin was bad meme

don't you just love increasing taxes?

Question for my comrades: how many books do you aim to read in a year? How much reading should a responsible Leftist be doing?

It's not about quantity. It's about quality.
What's the point in reading 50 books if you don't improve your self at all?

That's a good attitude to take. I feel like there is probably some sweet spot to aim for though. I've just been feeling guilty lately because I haven't been able to read as much as I'd like, what with uni and work etc.

Orwell is an insightful and talented essayist, and entertaining novelist, even if his views on the Soviet Union were regrettable.

Heroes and Hero Worship by Carlyle

I'm reading Anarchism and Education by Judith Suissa