Storytime: The Ultimates^2 #6

Let's take a good look at what's currently happening in Marvel at the cosmic level, shall we?

If you haven't been following along with previous storytimes of this series and I don't blame you if you've ignored it, the recap page at the beginning tells you literally everything you need to know to understand what's going on in this issue. After that, we jump straight into the big villain monologuing about high-level cosmic shit.

And at the end of the monologue, the villain's henchman reveals the big plan: The newly-corrupted Galactus is going to eat the multiverse.

everyone's doomed.
not only would nextwave doing this be more interesting to read, they were probably a more functional team

Carol being an unlikable cunt like usual.

Now now, user. You don't know that for su-

…Everyone's doomed. And the fucking retarded Miss America solo comic ruins everything again!

What the fuck is with this art?

End of Issue #6

And that's that. Galactus restored, the villain's henchman beaten, and the Ultimates are now officially back together again and based out of Alpha Flight headquarters.

I have to admit, part of what keeps me coming back to this series is morbid amusement at watching Al Ewing repeatedly scramble to pick up the pieces of his storyline every time Marvel editorial does something else to dick over his plans.

Based on what I've seen from people picking apart previous issues, the linework is fine. The problem is that whoever's doing the coloring is a lazy asshat who thinks slapping on basic photoshop filters is the height of his craft.

Seems rather rough to me.

I suppose it was better in previous issues, then. Either way, the art is probably one of the big reasons the book isn't selling all that well. And Carol Danvers is the other big reason.

Is it odd that I want the First firmament to win?

sweden.jpg
this_is_just_like_my_favorite_animes.fla
oy.vey
BLM.mov
werehittinglevelsofautismthatshouldntevenbepossible.gif

This whole issue feels like a bad season of Dragon Ball Z condensed into a single comic.
Everyone's fusing, everything's anthropomorphized, everyone's sacrificing themselves, everyone's dieing, everyone's being rezzed…
It's a real damn shame because I really do like the artwork here. It's just too intense for it's own good.

The art has some good points, but like others have said, it looks unfinished. The writing isn't so bad, though I still don't understand why Chavez is the leader. She's a new hero, not very experienced. Black Panther or Captain Marvel would make more sense in that position. I kinda the First Earth Battalion expys. The cosmic backstory has potential, though it's marred by "muh multicolored rebels" and the simplistic "hate" motivation. I do love seeing those Kirby-style space gods, though.

"The Ultimates Squared" or "The Ultimates 2" is a terrible name for a team.

Oh, the team name is just the Ultimates. The title of the comic itself was changed because it was relaunched after Civil War II.

Guess that shit was full because that's nowhere close to what her retarded book is about. Not that this would make any sense if her book wasn't printed cancer.

And how the fuck is this spic the leader? I haven't read any of this series, but she's literally the least qualified person on the team. Monica, Carol, and T'Challa all have been leaders and I think Blue Marvel is supposed to be a genius, so why this illegal cunt taking the reins?

Chav has the superpower of everybody acting like she's hot shit, despite never having actually done anything.

I half suspect she's from Earth A, like the She-Hulk who fucked Juggernaut. You know, literally a self-insert Mary Sue invading 616.

I love cosmic marvel stuff, shame Ewing is cucked.
and a bit shit.

This post in particular has some of the worst pacing I've ever fucking seen in a funny book.
Congrats Marvel.

So, this is basically just ==WE WUZ COSMIC KANGS== ?
To be fair, there's a white lady, but there always has to be one, for the (((conditioning))).