I need mecha shows that respect the robot

I need mecha shows that respect the robot.

Other urls found in this thread:

toonova.net/dinotrux
thepiratebay.org/torrent/7136624/Pirates.of.Dark.Water.1991.Complete.x264-Ecclesiast
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I got your hookup right here, mang.
I heard rumours of a Starriors cartoon, but I've never found it. If it was anything like the comic, it would have been intense.

Mecha as a genre isn't profitable for an american audience. It's also expensive. There's two things kike studios these days hate. Action cartoons and spending money.

What if you slap the cheesiest 90s CG onto it and have a good run until you get fucked over by a ridiculous copyright lawsuit by an obscure anime publisher?

Backstory

A publisher by the name of "Harmony Gold" was localizing "Robotech" which was actually three completely different mech shows turned into one power rangers style. One of the three series in question (Macross I think) shared mech designs from battletech on a friendly basis. However, HG didn't like the classic table top game gaining popularity with the mechwarrior games, cartoon and VR arcade machines getting increasingly more popular. So, because "Battletech" has "tech" in the name and shared some mechs from macross which is a part of robotech HG slapped them with a cease and desist claiming they own the mechs appearing in macross and the "tech" suffix which killed all development on mechwarrior 4, the VR arcade machines, the battle tech cartoon and even the original battle tech table top board game. And because of this the cartoon ends on a frustrating cliff hanger, the fuckwits who made duke nukem forever have the mechwarrior license and are using it to make awful tripe games and we don't have PvP mech simulators at the local arcade.

The fuck? This is all over the place, and that's I'm making the research.
I'm just starting watching Robotech and I know it's made out of three different anime… god knows how, I mean at least with Power Rangers you can get the suits but how you manage this here?
But you're telling me that HG WHICH ONLY WAS LOCALIZING was just spiteful about Macross and Battletech sharing designs (God knows how since Battletech is clearly western and the last Macross series was in 1987) and decided to sue Battletech, a franchise as old as the original Macross over the "tech" in the name and won, OVER ALL THE PROPERTIES.
AND NOT ONLY THAT BUT HG MANAGED TO KEEP ROBOTECH TO THE POINT THEY STILL ADAPT MACROSS OVAs AS ROBOTECH
WHAT THE FUCK?!!

The robot was respected, thanks user.

Delta aired just last year, though.

So would that tax writeoff shit prevent IDW or someone from making a Megas XLR comic? Because that shit needs a resurrection.

gets better
a US judge granted international rights to all things Macross to Harmony Gold
which means the creators don't even own their own fucking work in countries that HG doesn't even operate in

and these fuckers. THESE FUCKERS. These fuckers are the reason we don't have Super Robot Wars Alpha in English
Everyone was on board. Bandai, Sunrise, etc. They all loved the idea of bringing it to the west
AND THEN HARMONY GOLD STUCK THEIR DICK IN IT

Robotix!
ROBOTIX

Holy shit, I'd forgotten all about this.

I just finished converting and uploading the first season of Exosquad to 8ch.pl/co/ yesterday if anyone wants to see it for free, their file size cap is like 60MB

also I would take requests for webming another show if anyone had one, otherwise I'm just gonna do Thundar The Barbarian next

Could you do Pirates of Darkwater?

Fuck Yeah I can do Pirates of Darkwater

soon as I find a decent torrent of it I'll start right on it

I was trying to find the old 2000ad comic Mechazoic, and I turned this up instead.

toonova.net/dinotrux
Lots of robot respect here.

Granted Mechwarrior Online is cawadoody crap, but the fangame Mechwarrior: Living Legends is back.

Always thought the backstory for show was interesting because of the two warring factions getting their minds uploaded into big clunky construction robots without their will because of killer radiation for what was essentially marketing for a simple motorized construction toy that's robot like (but technically doesn't count as an actual robot).

Anyone interested in getting a Webm of 14:50 to 15:15 of Argus realizing in fear that his mind has been uploaded into a Robotix?

I guess there's the Mechwarrior and Heavy Gear cartoons.
There's also the anime of Starship Troopers, they kept the power armour from the books, and turned it into proper mechs.
The Iron Giant.

Wasn't there a Zoids cartoon?

Moving on to comics,
The Starriors comic was pretty good.
Gammarauders was stylish in a very 80's way, I guess you'd call it New Retro Wave now. But it wasn't really robots, it was giant mutant animals with weapons and riders, like Dino Riders, I guess.
Marvel had Shogun Warriors and Ronin Red and Spitfire And The Troubleshooters.
2000ad had Mechazoic and Armoured Gideon and ABC Warriors. I'd love to see a game of ABC Warriors, like Team Fortress or Overwatch.
DC had Tailgunner Jo.
In Australia we had Hedrax, which only lasted three episodes but looked great.
Eight from Road Waffles had a Battle Angel Alita ripoff called Sephen.
Atomic Robo is a regular-size mecha, but also features some giant piloted mecha.
Warbot In Accounting.
The Robotech comics went for a long time.
The Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot.
First comics had Dynamo Joe.
Wasn't there a Sentinel comic from Marvel?
MICRA: Mind Controlled Remote Automaton.
Metal Bikini was an unfortunately only partially completed prototype power armour.
The Bubblegum Crisis comic counts, as it was only weeaboo, not actual manga.

I cant tell if you are asking or offering

God, this show. I hated the rap, and I remember the actual show animation being really lazy, but some of the villain designs were cool.

I am not sure what hurts more now. Hearing this story about HG fucking over tabletop, arcade games, and video games just to be massive fucking assholes that were jealous about the popularity of Battletech, or the fact that the current owners and original creators of battletech are full on cucks now.

Did anyone watch this show while using the toy supplied 3D glasses?

(Trips!)
Anime technically, inspired by the Zoids toyline that had been released since the 80's. Marvel even produced short backstory comics for, and was even written by Grant Morrison.

Vid related is an 80's commercial for Zoid toys (2nd wave release with the Robo Strux branding but still Zoids). Most other Zoids TV ad's on YouTube are for the post 1999 Anime toys.

(Double dubs!)
Asking, please.

depends on howling it takes for me to rip the video
will do it for you tho

how long

ok first attempt

ffmpeg -i 'Robotix The Series (1985) 480p.mp4' -ss 14:50 -t 0:25 -b:v 299k -b:a 65k -c:a opus -vf scale=640x386 'Robotix The Series (1985) 480p.webm'

I've found the Marvel Starriors comics online, but I've never found the mini-comics that came with the figures.

and second attempt with the first second shaved off, take your pic

ffmpeg -i 'Robotix The Series (1985) 480p.mp4' -ss 14:51 -t 0:24 -b:v 299k -b:a 65k -c:a opus -vf scale=640x386 'Robotix The Series (1985) 480p.webm'

It's for the best though..do you want Robotech version of Macross Frontier and Delta?

Yup…and it took us years to get an official English SRW game (not counting Moon Dwellers)

LOL

Nice work. Thanks. The idea of being uploaded into a big clunky construction robot against your will and you can't use computers/tools that former organic self could easily use do to lacking proper hands seems pretty horrifying, in a way. Definitely feels like an idea that could be reused.

It's genuinely horrifying when you think about it.

danke welcome

I think the other guy laughing at him really completes it

I think there is a horror game about that.

pirates of dark water's best torrent is here:
thepiratebay.org/torrent/7136624/Pirates.of.Dark.Water.1991.Complete.x264-Ecclesiast

best quality and resolution you'll find. I know. I looked for a fucking year.

It really does. That plus the first guy pounding his robot hands on the ground like a child.

Oh yeah? Any idea what it's called?

I loved zoids more than my legos, but the small moving pieces would always break eventually.They were always worth it

thanks bud, but I actually just got around to fishing for a couple torrents and got that one as well
its a pirate bay mirror
kickass.cd/search.php?q=pirates+of+dark+water
I may have another old torrent of it I downloaded, cuz I dont delete shit but we'll see later

SOMA

Thanks!