GotG 2 reviews are out

… And they are less positive than usual. While the RT score is still high, the consensus seems its more "meh" among critics which is repeat of the same case with Avengers Age of Ultron
Here is the run down
>The Yellow Diamond chick gets set up as the villain, but she is barely in the movie and not really important to the plot. Ego the Living Planet is the actual villain.
>Stan Lee is revealed to be Uatu the Watcher and the reason he has been in so many different time periods like WW2 and modern times and played different roles
>Miley Cyrus and Ben Crowder have special cameos.

So a bunch of people getting paid 6 figures to sit around a conference table failed to figure out why the first one was so successful, again?

What I don't get is that almost every creation ever always gets darker and edgier as it goes along. LotR, Webcomics, etc. Yet for some reason Marvel movies are the only thing that disregards this law of nature, and they suffer from it. Every movies is quippier and more sarcastic than the one before, and people aren't fucking happy about it. Why do they keep doing it? How to they manage to avoid ever getting more serious?

Because Josh Whedon

The one mildly clever thing I see in there is what they did with Stan. The rest sounds uninteresting.

And it looks like people might start to get sick of it. Jeremy Jahns complained that the humor got in the way so much, there are gags that run way too long in this movie. Even though he loved the first Guardians, he gave it a "watch it if you are drunk" which is a 2 out of 5 stars in his scale.

Even then they fucked it up because apparently he just bores other Watchers out by telling them about his adventures on Earth.

I want SUfags to leave.

Why would you want cape movies to be dark and serious?

Never pay attention to what (((Rotten Tomatoes))) says

Marvel movies suffer from shit plots and villains, not from not being "dark and edgy" enough. GTFO here with that crap, WB. Not everyone has to follow your garbage formula for making cape films.

I don't, for the most part. But Marvel movies had a good balance when they first came out. In Iron Man 1, Tony was very clearly dealing with some serious issues regarding his guilt complex from terrorists using his weapons to hurt innocents. In Captain America, Steve was struggling with his inability to actually do anything for the war, and jumped into a fight he was very clearly unprepared for, willing to die over it. In Thor, Thor showed very distinct development from being a guy who liked fighting for the sake of having a war, to a man desperately trying to stop innocents from being harmed in the wake of his fuckup. They had plenty of comical moments, but at their core, there was a much more serious part to the character. Now, in the Avenger movies, it doesn't even feel like a real threat. The levity with which they treat Ultron and other world ending threats is similar to the way you'd act if you ran into an asshole as the club trying to hit on your girl. You'd say a couple of clever lines with a shit eating grin until someone started throwing punches, and then your buddies team up and beat this shit out of him. I certainly don't want the movies to be dark and edgy fanfics written by a 13 year old girl crying in her room while listening to My Chemical Romance, but as it is right not, there's no weight behind what's happening on screen.

Spotted the (((Disney))) shill

Phase 1 of the MCU was fine, everything went wrong even before the first Avengers movie with Iron Man 2.

They were shitting on marvel movies earlier in that post.

Who cares about Reddit Quipfests?

Marvel movies suck.

Why the fuck would they need to explain that shit?

Well, GotG 1 was fantastic, so you can just fuck right off

Because they're idiots.

You have terrible taste.

Marvelfans have autism.

>he just bores other Watchers out by telling them about his adventures on Earth
What else do Watchers usually do? Other than their immortality, they generally live insanely boring lives of just watching and very rarely guiding heroes towards creating a time loop to keep the zombie plague from spreading.

Ultron was a tale of missed opportunities. Not-Demitri got killed in a really retarded way and Ultron's plan was pretty fucking retarded even by cape standards. At the very least, I'm expecting him to still exist somehow inside of Vision. That way he pops up when Thanatos shows up and causes him enough hell that he has to back off. I think they plan to split infinity wars into two parts, so they have to find some way of making it work. What else would drive Thanatos away (other than what they did in the cartoon)? They defeated him in like 15 minutes and had him imprisoned. He's eventually broken out.

Everything about this sounds stupid. I hope this is the beginning of the end for Marvel. The TV shows aren't gonna save em, they're barely barely doing anything to fix their comics, they have no good popular cartoons, now the MCU movies are getting staler and staler. I'm happy. We will live to see the fall of Marvel.

Because comedy sells. Neither studio can do a cape movie with an actual balance anymore. It's all always one way or the other.

As someone who's been a fan of the Marvel MCU, I think we're likely seeing the beginning of the end. Iron Fist was the first thing they've put out that was simply bad with no redeeming qualities.The Cloak and Dagger trailer looks like something that belong on the CW, the Thor trailer looks like it's forgoing the Thor comics for more sarcastic quipping, and GotG2 is apparently nowhere near good eough to warrant it being continued from here. I'm not interested in seeing Marvel die wheezing on an iron lung filled with decades of regrets, but it certainly seems like it's going to do that. I had always sad we would need to wait until after Infinity War to see of Marvel would collapse, but it's looking like that will be the case. Infinity War will be the last movie people flock to go see before they realize they're basically done with the MCU.

At that point there'd be absolutely no reason to care at all. And the actors themselves aren't helping by alienating audiences for political reasons. It's a good day. The knowledge that it's all coming down ever so slowly…. it's amazing.

You might want to hold out for a few days before you can be absolutely certain about that. Only few critics have seen it and we will have to wait and see how fanboys and normalfags react about the movie. They are very easily entertained, they will just go in there with their minds made up and come out refusing to admit any fault with the movie… Until a few days pass by, they forget about it and just admitted it wasn't as good as they thought. Every MCU movie is like this.

Not a cartoon.

Autists with money, and that's what Disney cares about.

But is it a comic?

Well, that sucks. Guess I won't be regretting that I missed.

I thought Whedon left just prior to Age of Ultron.

I believe you mixed the movies up. Iron Man 2 was the 3rd film of Phase 1, meanwhile IM3 began Phase 2.

He directed Age of Ultrashit, moron. All the Marvel films, aside form the first Iron Man, are complete and utter trash.

Perhaps. And by then it's likely the movie will make back it's money for that not to matter. We'll see. Normalfags need to learn to stop watching blatantly bad movies just because they're there.

If they didn't do that they wouldn't be normalfags. Reminder Fast and the Furious 8 is this close of reaching one billion dollars in the box office.

As soon as Downey Junior , Evans, Hemsworth, and Johanson are out people will stop caring about Marvel completely. DC is not doing too hot as it is, and hopefully Homecoming will bomb and hinder Amy Pascal's career.

And that's just domestic box office. All Fast and Furious films make bank overseas.

No, domestically, F8 hasn't made it's budget back. The almost-a-billion comes from the $745,031,608 its made overseas.

Homecoming might do extremely well given the hype, but considering all the behind-the-scenes drama surrounding Sony wanting to pull out Spider-Man out of the MCU, people will probably be turned off from seeing it.

Does anyone even care about this bitch anymore?

Those retards do not even watch the shit they fund, they are to bussy renting black bulls to fill em' up good.

It is the TRUE pedophiles that have to live with struggle for our SATANIC PEDOPHILIC art…

This is the faggot who seriously thought POWER/RANGERS should be the direction for the franchise to run to.

She's only relevant because of controversy, the voice, and the theory she's just a body double of the original.

I don't take him seriously… But consider that even this plebian thought GOTG2 sucked. That is a warning sign.

There's no hype beyond "HEY LOOK SPIDER-MAN"

Based on my normalfag relatives and friends, there is even less hype for it than for The Amazing Spider-Man. People were more interested in Civil War, which supposedly under performed based on Marvel's standards.

What?

The theory is Miley was killed years ago. Her body found abandoned in a ditched somewhere. The current one being a replacement that actually follows orders and sexual favors unlike the original Miley. There's a theory the same thing has happened to her father and possibly Kanye West.

Trust me that is enough for the average fanboy. I just wished those fucking retards would have been already burned out with so many rebootings of the character.

How can this be? That movie made one billion dollars, a fuck ton more than the first two Captain America movies.

If anything Dr. Strange underperformed since it made roughly 600 million in the box office, which just fell short of the two DCEU movies released that year, that were both considered bombs by Warner's standards.

Most people don't even know which companies own which heroes, you can rest assured that they are completely oblivious to behind-the-scenes drama.

I don't think most normalfags would like hearing that Sony wants to take Spider-Man out of the MCU and reboot the character again in their own separate universe. They would protest if that were to happen.

SAVAGE AF