What would a live action one punch man movie made by Hollywood be like?

What would a live action one punch man movie made by Hollywood be like?

shit

Everyone becomes a nigger.

Shit, just like the source material

And you are familiar with what happens next.

Clearly Sony has to be involved in a big way.

Ugh.. she'd be a bald, strong, white woman or better yet, a black woman with afro boxing gloves.

This shit has the most unrelatable and uninteresting protagonist ever made.

Vin Diesel or the Rock as Saitama with a black cop sidekick.

This is my fetish.

heh, sounds like this kinome is too deep for you

Thats the point, he's the most generic super hero ever, that's why he's so frustrated and bored.

I under the impression people who like this anime are just bored with everything, so they relate with him.

He's also mary-suish.

Man, last (you), I can already tell this conversation will turn into a special kind of retarded.

How exactly is he a Mary Sue? He's not good looking, he's not smart, the only thing he's got going for him is that he's the most potent being on the planet, and that's the one thing he actually doesn't want. His whole character is built around his ennui over the fact no fight presents a challenge to him.

so they Subverted TV Troped a generic anime character by making him a generic anime character

I mean it seems like it would be more interesting if he was still terrified of failure because he held himself to such a high standard, or at least found something better to do than get in fights with people

ofc i never watched the show and never will so perhaps i've overlooked the nuances and appeal

He has no standards, and he mostly doesn't give a flying fuck about much of anything. The guy is likely clinically depressed, not only because he got his powers with almost zero effort, but because nothing he actually does matters. Yes, he is incredibly potent and can pretty much kill anything with a single punch, but that has done nothing to stop the bad guys from coming. For all his power he is unable to change anything about the world he lives in, and he's frustrated that even the excitement of a desperate battle is denied to him.

What is he gonna do? He had a job as a salaryman before he got his powers, and was equally miserable then as he is now, if not moreso.

You could have said you were stupid from the get go.

What part of "uninteresting" you didn't get?

Exciting action anime.

Not me btw. I'm the original poster:

That's the fucking point though. It's not about the fights, not any more than a well written Superman story tends to be.

You really should watch it, One Punch Man is as good capeshit can possibly get.

It's boring because the character has no motivations, we learn nothing about him, he doesn't change, and the action scenes lack challenge.

A well written Superman story has character developmen and good action, unlike One Punch Man.

The show is not for you then, since you're clearly missing the point entirely.

No, it doesn't. Even in the best Superman stories Superman is the constant. You clearly seem incapable of grasping how writing overpowered protagonists works.

it's tempting but i've been hurt so many times. i like superman tho he is the best.

I know the whole point about it being a subversion of capeshit, but I just don't like it.

Overpowered protagonists are boring and I prefer Superman when he isn't a constant.