What's leftypol position on this?

What's leftypol position on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A better question is why not? Gender dysphoria is a recognized psychological condition that can't really be solved by reconditioning therapy. If a shrink diagnoses the kid then they should be allowed to start HRT at least.

Is this LOSS?

LOL

The nice thing is that you don't have to carve kids up, all you have to do is stall puberty for a bit while they figure out what they want to be. Shit's no big deal, it doesn't fuck them up forever.

All men should undergo MTF surgery.

I wanted to be a girl when I was 5

I don't have gender dysphagia nowadays

WHY???

If they can decide where they are gonna pee from… .. Why not even let fuck? So, pedo ok in order for SJWs to have their autism realized?

But if all men go through mtf surgery, first who are you going to rage at? Secondly how will we all reproduce if we all became girls? Finally umm why do you even want that?

Aside from shitposting.

Gender Reassignment surgery should probably be held off on for a period, but that's already how it is. The main issue is securing the drugs that will basically stave off puberty so body development can occur more or less in the way it would were they their chosen gender. This also allows time for someone to decide if the decision is for them or not and all the effects remain reversible and such.

Do you communicate in anything besides strawmans or nah?

Well the problem is right now we dont really have drugs that can just delay puberty. It would come with many other undesirable effects later down the line.

Even if we did could you imagine the impact that would have? Most people dont make these kinds of decisions for sure until 16 the youngest, most I would say around 18. Could you imagine not starting sexual development until 18? You would be half way through in your physical prime.

I'd generally restrain it to prevent any sort of social influence, but if it is a necessary treatment, let it be

I used to be a lolbertarian and the NAP idea still vaguely guides my morals, so the idea is that if the kid can definitively say "yes, I have gender dysphoria" yeah, go for it

However, there are intermediate treatments (hormone shit) that are less permanent and that I think would be better for at least a fair number of cases. But if that's the medical solution they need, that's what they need.

If the person really fucking wants to do it, then let them. It's really nobody's business but the person that's doing it.

I don't know. It is too complicated a subject. I'd have to study all the studies and studies and shit done on transgenderism to decide.

But I'm not going to make a judgement based on morals or general aversion to it.

However, social issues are spooks

Economic policy is the real matter

This thread is totally relevant to worker ownership of the means of production guise

The youngest person to have done SRS was 16. Not really a child, but whatever. And besides, no one just gets SRS. There's always hormone therapy before it, otherwise you'd see plenty complications later on, and you have to get a note from your psychiatrist to prove you're sane, albeit dysphoric, and can consent. Anycase, because we’re the only ones who know what it’s like to have our body and it’s probably the only thing we really, truly own the only critical responses anyone can come up with are deference to third parties: paternalists ("Your life is just too important for me to let you ruin it"), hypothetical children ("It's a bad influence and teaches nihilism"), and unwarranted authority ("It breaks tradition and is immoral"). I find it amazing that for all of our laws in the first world protecting freedom of religion, assembly, and the press, we lack one protecting freedom of bodily self-determination (Cf: arrest for attempted suicide).

I'm not the Lorax, nor do I speak for this board, but I think people younger than 14-16 or so shouldn't be allowed to make such drastic, irreversible changes that could very well have consequences lasting a lifetime.

No. Transgender people are generally more of burden to society. Their exsistance harms the collectives of proletarians.

Gender dysphoria is a real thing. However, it may be a concern that children are incredibly naive in thinking they know what they want. Adults may not know everything they want, but are capable of showing restraint and initiative if they are certain they are suffering enough to go through with a procedure like genital changing. Children are too subject to whim and foolishness to make decisions on this, at least until they're something like 13 I guess.

Social issues, while epiphenomenal to economic issues, are still issues that affect the lives of actual people. Even if people arguing about them are spooked to hell. I agree though, this board spends way too much time arguing about minor things and not enough on substantial theory.

"Gender" "reassignment" surgery is pseudoscientific quackery, and should be consigned to the same dustbin of history as icepick lobotomies and chemical castration. Schizoid delusions should be discouraged, not coddled.

That said, is right. The entire "issue" is retarded liberal trivia affecting 0.00000000000001% of the population. Unless it becomes a wild trend on par with tattoos and millions of people start chopping off random body parts and grafting horse dicks to their foreheads, it shouldn't get mainstream attention.

i'm sure gay marriage will lead to people marrying their dogs too :OOOOOOOO muhgeneracy

that's already a thing
they get hormone blockers that will prevent puberties influence on sex typical growth so they can make a decision at legal age

it's what makes Holla Forumsacks and conspiracy theorists go apeshit because they think it's a full sex change on its own, despite being reversable without having any lasting effect as soon as the medication is withdrawn

Uh, I'd give it a resounding no for the following reasons

Here's a better question, OP. If we have the ability to test during pregnancy if someone is transgender, should the mother be able to opt for an abortion? Should she be able to opt for not an abortion? If there's a treatment to prevent transgenderism before birth, should she be able to undergo that or refuse it?

I couldn't agree more

Lucky you

Wel what does the doctor tell them?

Is there a proper methodology to distinguish between gender dysphoria and delusion? Because it seems that the criteria

Depends on the doctor. Especially in the US (where I'm from) there's a lot of variation in the quality of healthcare and what doctors will tell you if they themselves even know.

fug, it seems the criteria are completely up to each doctor.

It's not really delusion like hallucinations because the disorder is characterized conviction (a hallucinating person may very well know that what they see is false) and distress factor (trouble with sexual morphology or perception by others, whereas hallucinations are often pleasurable for the individual, so much so that psychedelics are sought). The marked difference between the individual’s expressed/experienced gender and the gender others would assign him or her is what the DSM-5 classifies gender dysphoria as. There is however currently a strain in psychiatric associations to dismiss or at least reinterpret this because the diagnostic criteria can still applie to those who already had hormonal and surgical treatment, and they want a more dimensional approach, whether other potentially relevant signifiers {e.g. Onset age} are more appropriate.

are u that terf that posted a while ago?

Chicks with dicks are hotter anyway.

since ya'll faggots dont even bother, i wont go any further than throwing le wigipedia artigle :DDD
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality

This is such a good template.

this whole "drama" is by idealistic biological puritans that can't grasp the material reality of life being complex and full of contradictions and "errors".
and they love to ignore the fact that "error" is a human concept following that of a "norm" that only exists through asserting that most common found functionality usually aimed at self preservation of life has only "legitimacy". which again, you guessed it, is pure idealism.

acknowledging diversion in biology, other aspects of materia and even in the superstructure rather than clinging to some ideal "pure state" is an absolute must and inherent to dialectical materialism.

in short, transsexuality is evolutionary and materialistic legitimate, independent of your liking and ignorance of scientific facts

But what separates the dysphoria from a garden-variety abnormal belief? Is there some biological marker or are the criteria purely psychological?

This also brings to mind those people with extreme body dysmorphia who report being much happier after removing the offending part.

funny what things it "brings to mind"

if only "looking up the fucking science behind the shit" to learn and compare the things were among them you wouldn't be such a humongous faggot

This is where you leftists fuck up, the solution to the tranny problem is gas fire or a bullet

Ah yes, the old "instead of sharing information I'll just dismiss and cuss at them". A staple of any leftist community, and a favorite among SJWs.

10/10 faggot quality shitpost m8

From some faggot that back talks mom and dad because he's an anarchist homo

I'm not sure what to tell you user. I am /trans/ and just thought I'd share the DSM-5, because that's where most diagnoses are referred to concerning psychiatric disorders. I guess I would say that it concerns a specific fragment of your body and unlike mutilation or amputation just seeks to sculpt and reshape what's there. Because anyone can get a vasectomy, but it takes a psychological problem to want to invert the organ totally.

Oops. Forgot shitposting fag.

you were rudely directed to look shit up after talking stupid shit
and your response is "no because you're mean to me"?
wow, what a faggot

and then having the nerve to bring a thought-terminating cliche by dropping the "sjw" accusation

good god go kys

SRS is a last resort anyway. The overwhelming majority of trans people are content with simple hormone therapy.

Depends on the individual. Some are fine with what genitals they have, some absolutely hate them. MtF is more believable since vaginas are internal but FtM is a shockingly bad approximation of a penis. One day we'll be able to generate whole new sex organs, but we are about as far from that as central Africa is from having a space program.

We should disregard gender and bond female and male thoghetter to create a dickgirl master gender.

"No"

it's current year :)

Sent from my iPhone