Vichan to LynxChan migration script

gitgud.io/LynxChan/VichanMigration

I finished cleaning up a migration script that was started a long time ago, also included a correct read-me on it.

Something that was missing on it was handling some files correctly, vichan isn't too consistent with thumbnail info on posts.

If you find any issues on it, just let me know.

sage

Let me test something.
Previous like brake was made with just enter.
Now it was made with shift+enter.

I was told this "reddit spacing" meme was a different line break due to people using shift+enter, but both are the same. Or you mean double line breaks?

double-line breaks, but 80% of the people saying 'reddit spacing' don't know what they're talking about. It's just a reaction to people formatting their chan posts for auto-pargraph markdown when no markdown is actually involved. On reddit a
and text immediately following that quote, without a double line break
^ would be merged into a single long quote.

Let's dispel once and for all with the fiction that anons don't know what reddit spacing is. They know exactly what reddit spacing is. Anons are undertaking a systematic effort to change Holla Forums, to make Holla Forums less like reddit.

user, please tell me: is reddit just a bad meme? Does anyone outside reddit and *chan even care about reddit? To me it seems like a bogeyman similar to >muh russia

I don't get what you are trying to say. Don't you agree with me that OP is reddit spacing? Don't you agree with me that it wastes a lot of vertical space?
Also please sage

This ain't just "reddit" spacing but Tumblr spacing as well.

I'm genuinely curious. I haven't even read OP's post.

reported

I've been using chans ever since before fucking reddit was created and only in the past fucking month or so retards started bitching about 'muh reddit spacing'.

The only people who even knows how reddit users space their posts are other reddit users themselves.

I have a feeling all this retardation is just reddit users trying to fit in too hard.

hello newfriend XD

I can agree with
The reddit spacing meme has been here for at least two years (see >>>Holla Forumsres/11344529 which was posted over a year ago) so that guy is totes a newfucker.

But saying reddit spacing is simply adding a newline between two sentences or paragraphs is stupid, it's when you start adding a newline between every quote, code, spoiler, etc. as that would cause line merging on reddit like says.

What is sarcasm?

Both of you fuck off.

I know what reddit spacing. You don't have to explain it to me. OP is reddit spacing.

video gaems

This is why Holla Forums is shit. Stop it.

Welcome to Holla Forums newfriend

I only pointed out the truth.